Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

It was a late model, like mid 2000s Caddy that had no business with 13" spoked wheels on it. One of them big fat bloated looking Caddies.

I mean, I get what you're saying, and I'd probably agree, but I don't think anyone's accused any Cadillac ever of being svelte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Linedance posted:

I mean, I get what you're saying, and I'd probably agree, but I don't think anyone's accused any Cadillac ever of being svelte.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Linedance posted:

Opel Catera?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

atomicthumbs posted:

my uncle sold his 350Z and got a Chevy SS

good choice, imo

No poo poo. My wife's '08 Kia Spec has nicer door panels.

That said, I'm impressed with the weathering job. Sort of like a full-size model car.
It's better than the usual stick-on plastic chrome stuff everywhere. Still a PT, though.

Every damned car in that article is a Toyota Corolla.

Slavvy posted:

Yes but the falcon looks like a futuristic electric space shaver while the PT looks like how cars are supposed to look back in my day let me tell you about this car I had in it must have been oh 1957 and let me tell you....

This. This EXACTLY. Never discount nostalgia. (I'm as prone to it as the next old guy.)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Is...that a paint roller pan?

should I buy this for lemons

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Top Hats Monthly posted:

should I buy this for lemons

Kinda cheating if you didnt make it terrible yourself.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

As a lifelong Blackhawks fan; gently caress Detroit.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Army Motor Vehicle Operator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USA_-_Transportation_Corps_Branch_Insignia.png

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Red Wings fan

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm guessing you guys missed the basketball sized exhaust tip.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Had a lowered rx8 with fake te-37s, intake + exhaust behind me at a light waiting to make a left turn while i was driving the Abarth to work this morning. I could hear him revving while waiting for the light, and after I pulled away from the light like a sane person, he gunned it, spun out, and drove into and through a vegetated median. He managed to not hit anything, and ended up in the opposing lane.

I don't think he did much if any damage, but he might have hosed up his undercarriage a bit. I honestly was laughing too hard to really pay attention.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

Also the low profile tires and the fact it's a giant work truck that has clearly not once hauled a tool box.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

xzzy posted:

Also the low profile tires and the fact it's a giant work truck that has clearly not once hauled a tool box.

being a red wings fan is still the worst. My GF from detroits idea of a joke is christmas presents full of redwings shirts.

its horrible.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One could argue that being a fan of any group of manchildren that dress up and get sweaty trying to win a contest is "the worst."

And I say this as a dumbass with a Blackhawks avatar. Sports are dumb. Fun, but dumb.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

xzzy posted:

One could argue that being a fan of any group of manchildren that dress up and get sweaty trying to win a contest is "the worst."

And I say this as a dumbass with a Blackhawks avatar. Sports are dumb. Fun, but dumb.

wise words.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
GT3 RS for sale... 0 miles, never road driven, like new!!!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Eh, all the important bits are unsubmerged. Dry out the frunk and fix some small scrapes and it's good to go. I'd take it at a deep discount.

Want to see the responsible parties reaction though, that must've been a fun conversation.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

Uh, looks like an F150 from here, not exactly giant

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I saw my first LS-F in the wild yesterday and the exhaust tips kind of weirded me out. It has quad tips, but they're stacked. All I could think of was that picture of the anime chick with 4 eyes.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

SneakyFrog posted:

being a red wings fan is still the worst. My GF from detroits idea of a joke is christmas presents full of redwings shirts.

its horrible.

Just wait until we don't make the playoffs here for the first time in like 25 years! I think there will be a lot less redwing "fans" out there putting big red winged wheels in their back windows.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

veedubfreak posted:

and the fact that it's not even diesel.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

I saw my first LS-F in the wild yesterday and the exhaust tips kind of weirded me out. It has quad tips, but they're stacked. All I could think of was that picture of the anime chick with 4 eyes.

Want to know the best part about those goofy exhaust tips?

(not actually hosted on autospies.com)

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Uh, looks like an F150 from here, not exactly giant

It is definitely a 99-07 first generation Super Duty, you can tell because the door handles are vertical instead of horizontal and the mirrors are extendable towing mirrors mounted with two arms instead of 1 arm.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Did you take the picture? The exhaust tip and tires are retarded either way, but from the picture alone I don't see any markers to identify if it is gas or diesel.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I will bow to your superior knowledge. Just looks like a regular truck to me, not a giant specialty truck.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Isn't the badge on the lower front passenger door a powerstroke badge?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

GopherFlats posted:

Isn't the badge on the lower front passenger door a powerstroke badge?

Pretty sure it is, plus it has the more prominent "step" in the passenger window. Pretty sure that is a F-250 that only looks like a F-150 because of the poo poo low profile tires.

edit:
I think the handles are superduty specific too.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I took the pic. It's def an F250 super duty.
I had my window cracked and didn't hear diesel so I assumed it was 5.4l gas.

Those badges do look like Powerstroke badges though...

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
Considering all the other stupid poo poo that's on it I guess it wouldn't be crazy to think he put them on himself and it is a gas engine.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Guinness posted:

I actually like the concept of those stacked "tips", shame they actually aren't. That pic always makes me giggle a bit.

e; Just saw that the RC-F has stacked tips, wonder if those are real.

REDjackeT fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 30, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guinness posted:

I like how the actual exhaust doesn't even exit the vehicle.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

veedubfreak posted:

I like how the actual exhaust doesn't even exit the vehicle.

At least there are four actual exhaust exits, and none of the tips are dummies. I guess making the exhaust fit well enough for actually attached exhaust tips is too hard for Lexus.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Darchangel posted:

At least there are four actual exhaust exits, and none of the tips are dummies. I guess making the exhaust fit well enough for actually attached exhaust tips is too hard for Lexus.

I'd bet that the plastic surrounding the exterior tips can't take the heat of direct contact with hot metal exhaust parts, so Toyexus came up with that...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'd say it's because some genius designed the rear bumper to have integrated tips, because the concept car would've had them, and nobody told him the exhaust moves around so they can't be fixed to the bumper. By that stage it was far too late because all toyota performance poo poo is perpetually behind schedule and over budget so they just made it work.

hedgegnome
May 20, 2008

Bleh. I first saw the horrible wheels, then noticed it was a wagon, and thought 'no way thats a.. oh no.' :cry:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a Cadillac, they're supposed to be tacky.

hedgegnome
May 20, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a Cadillac, they're supposed to be tacky.

its also a CTS-V wagon :(

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
But was the guy handicapped?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

um excuse me posted:

But was the guy handicapped?

In a manner of speaking, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hedgegnome posted:

its also a CTS-V wagon :(

It's a couple lug nuts, a jack, and a jack stand, plus twenty minutes, to put literally any other wheel on.