Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Thanks to apartment living, Ethernet dongle is my savior. We have 20 networks visible and around 10 wireless devices in my apartment alone :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Keito posted:

It's not a bad one either, really. I know reviews make it look like a piece of poo poo and they aren't wrong either because the original firmware is an unstable mess, but the actual hardware is great and it's cheap as gently caress. I'd recommend it for your home networking needs if you don't want to shell out for a top-of-the-line model.

It can't help your Wii U stay connected though

I've got a RT-AC66U and it is about 4 feet from the Wii U. Tons of devices connected to it in one way or another and have never had a single issue. I guess I got lucky.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A Smash Bros. hopeful comes to Mario Maker.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i have a time capsule like 2 inches away from my wii u and at that distance you might as well just use ethernet to make things easier

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stux posted:

hi there, long time big nintendo fan here! where is the best place to buy a wii u at the best price? preferably with mario kart and/or mario maker? thanks :)

Check the Nintendo refurbished. They come in waves then sell out. Keep checking for a while and your get one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Check the Nintendo refurbished. They come in waves then sell out. Keep checking for a while and your get one.

what if i need one immediately. its an emergency...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is Stux here and why does he have Taints avatar?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is Stux here and why does he have Taints avatar?

i need to buy a wii u very quickly. its an emergency

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Please don't engage with him, this thread is nice.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

look ill just get it off amazon if there isnt anything better, just wanted to know if i could get a better price elsewhere. dont understand the hostility. i have an emergency and need a wii u this week.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Please don't engage with him, this thread is nice.

What are you playing right now, Ometeotl?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Oh gently caress yeeeeesssssssss

edit but really what is he even doing here

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My good friend Starfy left his 8-bit sprite at home and didn't recall till it was too late. I hope you forgive him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I think the worst thing about the mystery mushrooms is that you can't just make it so Mario is replaced completely with the character, and getting another mushroom gives it a second peg of life or whatever. I'd love to build levels based around the mushrooms but I hate when you touch an enemy and the costume goes flying off and ruins the immersion. MY IMMERSION

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what if i need one immediately. its an emergency...
Then you better hope the Splatoon Smash bundle is in stock or you're gonna be sad later when you have to buy them separately

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i went to the store to buy captain toad treasure tracker but they didn't have it in stock so i bought donkey kong country tropical freeze instead

still gonna be fun though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Good games tend to be more enjoyable than bad ones, yeah.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Instant Sunrise posted:

i went to the store to buy captain toad treasure tracker but they didn't have it in stock so i bought donkey kong country tropical freeze instead

still gonna be fun though

I mean Tropical Freeze is better but Captain Toad is also amazing, so you win either way

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Instant Sunrise posted:

i have a time capsule like 2 inches away from my wii u and at that distance you might as well just use ethernet to make things easier

With a wifi device that close to the access point you get serious receiver overload and spike the error rate so yeah you should be running cables in that scenario

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

codenameFANGIO posted:

edit but really what is he even doing here

There's really nobody else who originated from the GBA is there? Like there's...the Helerin from Kuru Kuru Kururin? I know there's plenty of characters from already established franchises that first showed up on the GBA like Vaati and the various Wario Ware characters but most of the library really was made up of remakes/ports wasn't it?

I'm hoping they keep this up long enough to do something nice for the 20th anniversary of the N64. Get some representation of the really far out there titles that first showed up on that system and never really popped up again like Doshin or a Cubivore.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's the WarioWare & Rhythm Heaven characters, the Advance Wars cast, Drill Dozer Girl, those goobers from Golden Sun...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What are you playing right now, Ometeotl?

TP HD and Pokken.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

TP HD and Pokken.

I haven't gotten any time to play Twilight Princess and it's killing me. I wanna be done with it by the time Star Fox rolls out.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I haven't gotten any time to play Twilight Princess and it's killing me. I wanna be done with it by the time Star Fox rolls out.

Me too. It's such a long game, too.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's the WarioWare & Rhythm Heaven characters, the Advance Wars cast, Drill Dozer Girl, those goobers from Golden Sun...

Goddamn it now I'm imagining an Orange Star infantry costume and it turns into an APC when it runs and it salutes with the Captured building SFX when you press Up...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It only took me 32 hours to get the Master Sword.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The problem is that I keep sleeping up til it's time to go to work.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It only took me 32 hours to get the Master Sword.
That's a long time, though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I beat it with all heart containers in 25 hours.

But then that's me still remembering the game quite well. Pretty sure it took me twice that long back in 2006 when I also did cave of ordeals and got all the poes.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

game counts time spent on the home menu/pause menu w the gamepad display off/charging
its dumb
i got the iron boots and it apparently took me nine hours

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finished Bayonetta 2, man was it fun. Only downside really was that the endgame was a little bit of a let down compared to how the first game finished.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Regy Rusty posted:

I beat it with all heart containers in 25 hours.

But then that's me still remembering the game quite well. Pretty sure it took me twice that long back in 2006 when I also did cave of ordeals and got all the poes.

Yeah I 100% it on hero mode, took around 53 hours. That includes the cave of ordeals, Wolf cave of ordeals, and all fifty stamps, of which I needed to use a guide for eight of em.

I did leave it on overnight once for the wolf cave to recharge my health amiibos

greatn fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 30, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Finished Bayonetta 2, man was it fun. Only downside really was that the endgame was a little bit of a let down compared to how the first game finished.

Yeah, it's a common complaint. Especially with how ridiculous the game gets I was expected more of a big bang from the end boss I guess. The fight itself is way better though, same size enemies are always more of a fun fight in these games than the screen filling god that you hit while the camera is zoomed on its rear end.

Bayonetta 2 is an amazing game all around and I still go back to it once in a while, I'm glad they have those endgame challenges/tag climax stuff to give it replayability besides just playing through the story mode again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Then you better hope the Splatoon Smash bundle is in stock or you're gonna be sad later when you have to buy them separately

no i need mario kart and mario maker. its a real big emergency and im going to have to just get one from amazon with prime delivery i guess if the thread doesnt want to help me buy an emergency wii u

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Stux posted:

no i need mario kart and mario maker. its a real big emergency and im going to have to just get one from amazon with prime delivery i guess if the thread doesnt want to help me buy an emergency wii u

did you try going to the video game store??

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

Well you can only get one of those (Kart or Maker) per bundle that's why I said Splatoon/Smash. That's two games instead of one and you still have to pay near full price for them because everyone redeems the codes

If there was any current deal it would have been in the video game deals thread anyway

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

finally, pokemon snap is coming to the wii u vc

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Well you can only get one of those (Kart or Maker) per bundle that's why I said Splatoon/Smash. That's two games instead of one and you still have to pay near full price for them because everyone redeems the codes

If there was any current deal it would have been in the video game deals thread anyway

The Splatoon/Smash deal got discontinued the week that I decided to buy a Wii U and I couldn't find it at any of my local stores :mad:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Erg posted:

The Splatoon/Smash deal got discontinued the week that I decided to buy a Wii U and I couldn't find it at any of my local stores :mad:
Yeah, guess it hasn't been a thing since the end of January then. I thought I had checked more recently but apparently not

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendo/wiiu/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
When I try to play Splatoon nowadays, I'm literally the only player who's not Japanese. It's 9 names in hiragana, and then me. Is this a common thing? Is there some game, system, or network setting that's causing this?

edit: i should mention that i live in new york, which is not near japan

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 30, 2016

• Locked thread