Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i love this bug

Is that a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i did NG+ old yarnham today, and noticed that the hunters they have strung up all over the place are wearing the graveguard stuff. makes me wonder if there wasn't more graveguard content in the game at some point, since the armor description is pretty interesting, but you really only ever find it in the forbidden woods and nothing comes of it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo, i died to vicar amelia and witches of hemwick for the first time in... ever on my ng+ run. the witches seemed harder. they actually came back to life on me!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I've decided I'm gonna do a skilltinge build, I haven't decided on who I'm modeling my character after though

On my very first playthrough I ran into Father Gascoigne and immediately restarted and based my character on Father Gascoigne.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

holy poo poo, i died to vicar amelia and witches of hemwick for the first time in... ever on my ng+ run. the witches seemed harder. they actually came back to life on me!

The first boss I died to on ng+ were the witches.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agag posted:

On my very first playthrough I ran into Father Gascoigne and immediately restarted and based my character on Father Gascoigne.

I'm a big fan of the thing in souls games that lets you buy the armor of bosses you've killed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The first boss I died to on ng+ were the witches.

i think maybe it's because they live for so much longer? they had time to use their magic instead of dying nearly instantly. maybe NG+ gives new moves too?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Try attacking a dog with it in blood form to feel its true power

lmfao this rules

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Is that a bug?

since its pure blood damage the enemy ai assumes its a bullet.....other enemies share the bulket knockback chikage bug

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

since its pure blood damage the enemy ai assumes its a bullet.....other enemies share the bulket knockback chikage bug

Sounds like a feature to me, my strikes are definitely as powerful as a gun

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i suppose anything is possible....any bug known by the devs must be considered a feature

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

what happens? they recoil like youre shooting them?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

sounds like you need to make a chikage character, bud

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

They fly like 10 feet away from you lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's really cool, but sometimes makes it a pain in the rear end to do chalices, since spiders have the same reaction

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Is it too soon to start the Dark Souls 3 thread so we can sperg about potential builds? I think I'm going to a Dex build first based on the Mercenary. I turtled too much in DS2 and I need to get out there and really start rolling around.

In Training posted:

I'm a big fan of the thing in souls games that lets you buy the armor of bosses you've killed

Hell yeah. There was no hesitation restarting because of course the Gascoigne set would be available later because From Software rules.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I don't think I've ever even equipped the church pick

churck pick is cool in both forms. definitely wish you could get it earlier in the game

Zom Aur posted:

I kinda want to do a church pick run, but doing early enough to be worthwhile seems painful

basically this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
church pick is the highest dps weapon in the game ive been over this

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i think maybe it's because they live for so much longer? they had time to use their magic instead of dying nearly instantly. maybe NG+ gives new moves too?

The witches get stronger with more insight don't they? On NG you'd have much less. I know at 0 insight they literally can't summon helpers lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agag posted:

Is it too soon to start the Dark Souls 3 thread so we can sperg about potential builds? I think I'm going to a Dex build first based on the Mercenary. I turtled too much in DS2 and I need to get out there and really start rolling around.

Hell yeah. There was no hesitation restarting because of course the Gascoigne set would be available later because From Software rules.

There is a dark souls 3 thread already bc some people bought the Japanese version or downloaded it on Xbox when the exploit was available. I imagine many spoilers await if you go in

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't really mind spoilers these days but playing Demon Souls on its launch for the first time and having no loving idea what was happening and nobody having any idea what the Souls style was and the notes straight up telling you misinformation because they were dumb and not out of maliciousness was a really cool shared experience. My first character had like 40 luck and the Thief's starting vit lmao I would die in one hit to bosses unless I used Warding all the time.

But these days I just start a souls game and I'm like... am I leveling the right stat? gently caress it I'm opening the wiki

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I finally beat this game yesterday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't really mind spoilers these days but playing Demon Souls on its launch for the first time and having no loving idea what was happening and nobody having any idea what the Souls style was and the notes straight up telling you misinformation because they were dumb and not out of maliciousness was a really cool shared experience. My first character had like 40 luck and the Thief's starting vit lmao I would die in one hit to bosses unless I used Warding all the time.

But these days I just start a souls game and I'm like... am I leveling the right stat? gently caress it I'm opening the wiki

I don't look at a wiki until I've already beaten the game at least once maybe twice. After 4 of these games I know how they're designed and can guess at secrets and find my way through 95% of the stuff. The only thing I missed in Bloodborne was that I only found two umbilical cords my first playthrough, and I never stumbled across the old workshop (which is a cool location)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'd definitely recommend people avoid any sort of info for DS3. The game is jam packed with secrets and it's super satisfying finding everything out for yourself

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its too late for me but i lost all hope of recreating the magic of the first time i played dark souls long ago anyway.....these days i look forward to the destination and the journey is just gravy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

scary ghost dog can you teach me how to pvp and maybe the right mindset I should have cause maybe that's where I'm going wrong

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

scary ghost dog can you teach me how to pvp and maybe the right mindset I should have cause maybe that's where I'm going wrong

you have to know what every button does in every context, then memorize your weapons moveset, then play enough that you just know which moves are good when.....but in bloodborne theres a lot of bs moves so you have to be a freaking master of your weapon

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

I'd definitely recommend people avoid any sort of info for DS3. The game is jam packed with secrets and it's super satisfying finding everything out for yourself

I don't usually care about spoilers but you've convinced me. Going into Souls 3 like a blushing virgin, similar results expected.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm only gonna try DS3 if people say it's as good as/better than DS1 (I've only played Bloodborne)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm only gonna try DS3 if people say it's as good as/better than DS1 (I've only played Bloodborne)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The only two things I know are the guy thats standing looking at a wall and you can kick him and then I know what the first boss looks like.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i stupidly spoiled a throwback that possibly trumps the shadow moses visit in mgs4 for myself, and i feel bad for it now. ive stopped watching anything to do w ds3

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i stupidly spoiled a throwback that possibly trumps the shadow moses visit in mgs4 for myself, and i feel bad for it now. ive stopped watching anything to do w ds3

its very easy to guess what that could be based on your mgs4 reference

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

i know a few things like this, but i've been trying as hard as possible to stay unspoiled.

to anyone who is doing the same, whatever you do, don't watch the JP release trailer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

Can't wait to revisit The Gutter

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Earthen Peak is back and greener/browner than ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can't wait to revisit The Gutter

the black gulch, but much longer with NPC hunters that are immune to poison. I cant wait