Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Chaos Legion was a much better game than Nights of Azure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just learned last night that ps4s media player can play mkv files without even remixing them to mp4s, as long as they are the correct encoding.

You still have to rename m4v files to mp4 to get them to work though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

Chaos Legion was a much better game than Nights of Azure

Harsh words

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Zombiu was a pretty fun game when I played it a few years ago. No idea how it plays now since it doesn't have the second screen thing going on, but I can imagine it still being entertaining enough. I'll likely play through it again.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I admit I'm on an odd duck on the Jak 2 front, but at the time of its release I thought it was a pretty astounding jump in scale and complexity from the earlier game. Jak and Daxter had been cute and quaint, but was marred with a lot of baggage from Crash Bandicoot that Naughty Dog always seems to fall back on when it comes to starting a new IP. I thought it was really fun to zip through the cramped city streets on jet bikes; it was a challenge to avoid crashing into stuff in a lot of places, and that made getting chased by enemies or doing races feel dangerous. The game rewarded me for learning the city's layout and understanding which vehicles were best for which situation. The big city world map connects the various platforming challenges and proper levels in a nicely fluid way, and I thought the game felt grand on a scale that the first game hadn't managed.

It's punishingly difficult and that's definitely corrected in the third game. I also thought Jak 2 has a pretty great cast all around, and I enjoyed the cutscenes and character development a lot more than the first game. Having Jak talk was a big improvement too, his rapport with Daxter felt natural.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nights of Azure doesn't seem bad so much as completely generic as hell. It's a thoroughly average and unexceptional beat 'em up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Zombiu was a pretty fun game when I played it a few years ago. No idea how it plays now since it doesn't have the second screen thing going on, but I can imagine it still being entertaining enough. I'll likely play through it again.

It's pretty mediocre imo. Not bad for a freebie though.

Another game I paid $20 for that is now free :sigh: I gotta stop buying psn games.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

Did I mention it has loving loadouts? Its seriously straight up Halo / COD. (Certain Affinity is also doing the MP, who worked on... Halo! I was hoping that they were just doing the maps and not actually doing the game mode balance, but now it seems like they just cranked out more Halo and sold it to Bethesda as Doom)

Here's the DayofDoom thing, the first proper actual footage of DOOM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kfIrneQWE&t=3193s

The movement speed is so slow you can't bunny hop or wall jump or even circle strafe. Its just console Halo.

I think they're even playing with controllers :doh:

I just want a fun single player experience with awesome music. I couldn't care less about MP Doom.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

To me ZombiU was one of those "it's good but...." games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TaurusOxford posted:

I just want a fun single player experience with awesome music. I couldn't care less about MP Doom.

The MP being so overwhelmingly bad doesn't give me confidence for the SP being good though.

And I would have liked for the MP to be decent. And it really wasn't hard; just copy Quake Live and improve the graphics and you'd have something that would make lots of people very happy.

Instead they copied Halo. I guess they're going for the young crowd who never played Doom 1/2, but that's really lame.

Oh well, I'll just go play the new Unreal Tournament instead.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I somehow got a code for the DOOM closed beta so might give it a chance if I get time.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chernabog posted:

To me ZombiU was one of those "it's good but...." games.

It was an interesting launch title for the WiiU in that Red Steel "Have to show off EVERY feature" ways but I can't fathom why they would port it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It was an interesting launch title for the WiiU in that Red Steel "Have to show off EVERY feature" ways but I can't fathom why they would port it

Bad sales

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

But it would cost them even more to port it and it would still be a mediocre zombie game, especially without the controller gimmicks. It just seems like throwing good money after bad

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
They really should allow you to use your Vita to replicate the Wii U gamepad experience, but that'd require Sony to acknowledge the Vita is a product they released. :smith:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Doom Multi looks pretty fun to me :shrug:

But then again I like Halo, so "Halo but you can blow people the gently caress up" sounds like it's right up my alley.

I can understand the frustration of it not playing anything like classic doom though.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.

Iacen posted:

My PSN account is Danish, but last year I moved to the UK, and have since then had to transfer money to my old back account, because I can't add a "foreign " card to the account. I can't even add a Paypal which is linked to a foreign card.

How do I best do this, without having to scrap everything? I mean, my PS Plus is attached to my Danish account and Id rather not lose those games.

Hey there, I am in the very same situation and this is what I do:

You'll probably have two Paypal accounts anyways (since you can't have a DK card and a UK card in the same account). So send the amount you want to spend from your UK Paypal account to your DK Paypal account, and pay in the DK PS Store with your DK Paypal account.

It's messy as hell. The only other workaround I've found is buying vouchers for my original store (ES in my case) using my current card (DE) but they'll always take a higher commission than Paypal.

Hope that helps!

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
For $20, is the Order 1886 a descent game to try?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

lazerus06 posted:

Ehhhh.

Its very pretty, but its also pretty simple and limited. Its a basic cover shooter.

If you like games like Assassin's Creed or MGS4 that lead you around by the nose through a series of cinematic moments, you'll probably have fun with it.

20 is kinda iffy. Its short and there's zero replay value, so depends how much $20 is to you.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Gamestop has 1886 listed for 10 bucks new.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lazerus06 posted:

The graphics are nice, probably the best on the system til UC4, but it's 6 hours long and maybe 2 of those are actually playing the game the rest is cutscenes and slowly walking down a hall while someone talks in your ear. I'm not being hyperbolic at all either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Gamestop has 1886 listed for 10 bucks new.

I got it for that price and feel it's about appropriate

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
MGS4 and AC aren't good comparisons, at least you can go off the beaten path there. The Order is a linear cover shooter with a shitload of cutscenes.

I played it for free (gifted gamefly subscription) and it still felt overpriced.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Any ideas on when 3.50 update is dropping? It would be really nice to have that "Appear Offline" feature. :v:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
So dead star and zombi go up on the 5th?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Doom still looks really good to me. Nothing I've seen from it says anything other than that it's going to be Doom in modern form. The CoDlike aspects are of course going to happen because CoD is a great series that is the most refined shooter over the last 10 years and I think they would be silly not to get influence from it. Not seeing the Halo influence though.

lazerus06 posted:

It's of my favorite PS4 games and well worth that in my opinion but no one really agrees with me. I say try it out, see if it's your thing. Maybe you'll join the cool guys 1886 crew.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

When's that Square Enix conference thing? Or did I miss it? If so, was it decent?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

When's that Square Enix conference thing? Or did I miss it? If so, was it decent?

Its an evening west coast thing

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jimbot posted:

10 PM EST tonight.

Doesn't matter because Final Fantasy 14 releases September 30th, 2016. There's a new demo coming that unlocks content in the main game.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

Snak posted:

I just learned last night that ps4s media player can play mkv files without even remixing them to mp4s, as long as they are the correct encoding.

You still have to rename m4v files to mp4 to get them to work though.

I've been able to stream mkv files to the PS4 using universal media server without having to rename or reencode them, I use it on mac but I'm pretty sure they have a windows version of it as well.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The twitch app finally dropped in Europe.

Has anyone found the option to resize streams yet? It's kinda irritating when all the edges are cut off.

Edit: problem solved, letting the tv do automatic aspect adjustment is bad.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 30, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202462

Enjoy your PS54k. Now I'm sad I bought my PS4 in December.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Azhais posted:

lmao

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Azhais posted:

This is dumbfounding, but I'll wait for an official announcement before I swear off all Sony products and then buy it anyway.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Azhais posted:

RIP Sony, you went full retard.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
That makes the PS4 one of the shortest lived consoles in history right?

I still can't believe Sony are doing this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Before we all poo poo the bed, what makes that post credible?

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Any ideas on when 3.50 update is dropping? It would be really nice to have that "Appear Offline" feature. :v:

I also desperately want this. I can't play Just Cause 3 until I can make Square Enix servers think I am offline without needing to go through the PS4 menu and enter my PSN password everytime I want to actually be online.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
No trade in? Lol.

This can't possibly be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Street Fighter V Alex Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bkK7YiceI