Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutron Bandit
Apr 28, 2008

I want to play a Berserker but it seems like the worst class in the game. Should I just pick a wizard for dank old man roleplaying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Whisper Honk on Orwen Balenos 02 for a good time and light sass.

"Light sass"

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Real general question but how is this game for getting in new, right now? These games tend to get hosed pretty quickly as people exploit, max level, etc.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kaddish posted:

Real general question but how is this game for getting in new, right now? These games tend to get hosed pretty quickly as people exploit, max level, etc.

It's cool.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

glug posted:

Breath 28 or 29, I did a ton of no-horse early on. I still end up running places but the last few levels of breath are slow. I'd say worth waiting on horses for a while at least, and if you're serious about training horses anyway, you need a noble wagon.

You have the rest of your character's lifespan to hit 30 breath and get that last 20 stamina. There's nothing wrong with not using a horse but I just wanted to let any potentially new players reading to know that they don't have to run everywhere if they don't want to. To me getting 20, 50 or even 100 stamina slightly sooner is not worth having to run everywhere by foot. :shobon: Fwiw I used horses all the time and my ranger has 30 breath already anyway.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Kaddish posted:

it's a good time to get in

People sell maxed out gear on the market so if you can make money you can buy it without doing mob grinding or rng. The soft cap just increased with the new zone so you can get catch up to the bulk of the player base in a short time.

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 30, 2016

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

kalstrams posted:

Contract is the way this game calls joining a guild and bears no practical significance beyond purely nominal monetary compensation (or fine) if you get kicked (or leave) from the guild before it is over.

My contract has expired. Could this mean soon to be purged? Yikes!

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Those berserker damage buffs look promising.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Whisper Honk on Orwen Balenos 02 for a good time and light sass.

Prepare your butt hole for extreme gathering pvp.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Neutron Bandit posted:

I want to play a Berserker but it seems like the worst class in the game. Should I just pick a wizard for dank old man roleplaying?

Play a tamer or a warrior or a witch or a barbarian or a wizard. Play any class that has a humanoid shape and let's you play Barbie. Play a class that has the ability to be in the game. Play whatever the gently caress you want because if you're trying to min max your pvp experience then ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The only pvp I've seen since there is so much poo poo in this game has been from arenas

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

As a fresh level 45, the only PVP I have experienced on my wizard is being one-shot by every other class ever while I'm trying to grind XP and gear.

Then having them whisper me about my scrub tier gear.

I'm looking forward to hitting 50 and continuing the circle of life myself by dropping meteors on people from the bushes.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Berserker buffs. :circlefap: :vince:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

The problem with zerk is your only window of opportunity to deal damage with your kit is when people are knocked down after your grabs, and when 50% of the time your grabs just don't work or the guy just gets up instantly or teleports behind you or whatever the gently caress the server decides, you don't get to do damage. And It isn't even good damage either.

Neutron Bandit
Apr 28, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Play a tamer or a warrior or a witch or a barbarian or a wizard. Play any class that has a humanoid shape and let's you play Barbie. Play a class that has the ability to be in the game. Play whatever the gently caress you want because if you're trying to min max your pvp experience then ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Okay so you're saying that there isn't much of an imbalance disparity. That's good.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Huh, no sieges. That's OK, but I'm just surprised cause there's so many in-game hooks for that already there.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
new Berserker damage numbers

Under Taker
Rank 1: 230% > 444%
Rank 2: 380% > 680%
Rank 3: 560% > 916%

Fierce Strike
Rank 1: 125% > 161%
Rank 2: 130% > 228%
Rank 3: 152% (210%) > 295% (407%)
Rank 4: 180% (260%) > 362% (500%)
Rank 5: 255% (335%) > 429% (592%)
Rank 6: 330% (410%) > 496% (684%)

Frenzied Destroyer
Rank 1: 75% (122%) > 103% (167%)
Rank 2: 89% (138%) > 121% (198%)
Rank 3: 100% (162%) > 139% (231%)
Rank 4: 112% (189%) > 157% (264%)
Rank 5: 126% (236%) > 175% (298%)
Rank 6: 150% (340%) > 193% (386%)

Beastly Wind Slash
Rank 1: 102% (282%) > 132% (366%)
Rank 2: 119% (348%) > 163% (450%)
Rank 3: 168% (411%) > 248% (534%)
Rank 4: 213% (524%) > 333% (618%)
SP: 271% (612%) > 418% (702%)

Wrath of Beast
Rank 1: 86% (430%) > 129% (516%)
Rank 2: 136% (680%) > 204% (816%)
Rank 3: 158% (790%) > 279% (1116%)

Ire of Beast
Rank 1: 580% > 754%
Rank 2: 710% > 923%
Rank 3: 880% > 1232%

Beast Roar
Rank 1: 230% > 276%
Rank 2: 330% > 396%
Rank 3: 400% > 516%

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm glad all the female classes are getting new underwear in the patch!

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Soooooo, it looks like the slave auction is in the game!

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4cku6r/worker_exchange_introduced_in_march_30th_update/

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

I'm glad all the female classes are getting new underwear in the patch!

Honestly this poo poo sells. I'm willing to bet every ~totally a girl~ roleplayer has bought underwear for ~reasons~.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

What do you think guys should I bite the bullet

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

The Quake posted:

Do it. Make the Flying Porgy dream a reality.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

The Quake posted:

If there is ever a sale, this needs to be a goon uniform.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Honestly this poo poo sells. I'm willing to bet every ~totally a girl~ roleplayer has bought underwear for ~reasons~.

I sure as poo poo bought it for the +1 luck

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Since the last patch, the game client has gone back to disconnecting itself after a short period of time when I minimize to tray. Mildly annoying.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Yep. ~reasons~

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The Quake posted:

Why the gently caress are you even asking this. Do it

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Welp i can't stay online for longer than 10 seconds. gently caress euros, apparently. Euro servers are fine.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kettlepip posted:

gently caress euros,

:agreed:

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Why does RP chat have to be so goddamn bad?

Kettlepip posted:

Welp i can't stay online for longer than 10 seconds. gently caress euros, apparently. Euro servers are fine.

Also yes, I've just resigned to playing on the EU server with friends.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Foppington posted:

You mean amazing, right?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So for an extra $20 you can start out with a horse and a pet. Worth it?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

A pet is like 7 bucks(?) and makes looting not suck

A horse makes walking not suck, since the world is very large and there's no faster way to travel

You decide

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Horses are also really, really easy to get in game.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Foppington posted:

/abortion before it happens

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Not able to log in or view the cash shop in its entirety currently. Did they add the "lifeskill outfit -> costume" coupon yet? Need to get my Gatherer's Uniform put on over some real armor.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kaddish posted:

So for an extra $20 you can start out with a horse and a pet. Worth it?

You get a pet which auto loots for you, furniture for your house which can triple your energy regen, and a mid tier horse. It's not the worst set of stuff but nothing you can't get in game.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You get the furniture with the 30 bucks and horses are essentially free so you can save 10 bucks by just buying a cat independently. Maybe you get more dyes or other things though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Neutron Bandit posted:

Okay so you're saying that there isn't much of an imbalance disparity. That's good.

If an rng god smiles on you then it won't matter.