Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Simplex posted:

I forget who the exactly the developers are that work on the game here, but I just found something kind of disturbing that warrants looking. In my current game I'm the 14 year old Queen of Bavaria, and I just gained the lustful from having my Uncle molest me in the middle of the night. I didn't screencap the exact event chain as I didn't know that's where things were headed, but the first event was somebody was in my room breathing on me and I could choose who it was, and all of the choices were my Uncles. Then I was given a choice if it excited me which would give lustful. or repulsed me which would give chaste.

The Byzantium Emperor did this to the son I had fostering with him, it was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So the new "dev diary" is once again devoid of actual content, but might be hinting at some kind of Eastern expansion. Doomdark spent the whole post talking about how CKII was "like a bonsai tree". And then ended it with

quote:

Is there a point to all this? Not really, but perhaps you can guess what kind the next expansion will be…

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ugg.

I thought one of the devs just said in this thread there would be no more map expansion?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Zero One posted:

Ugg.

I thought one of the devs just said in this thread there would be no more map expansion?

Presumably a Japanese expansion wouldn't be added onto the same map.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I got the impression that the next DLC will balance between role-playing and strategic elements.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Japan as a stand alone expansion for CK2 would bring us full circle with Sengoku. It would also be kind of amazing.

If they give it for free to people who already own Sengoku Paradox will be the best publisher ever.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bonsai trees are all about careful pruning to restrict their growth. Clearly this will be a map REDUCTION.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Bonsai trees are all about careful pruning to restrict their growth. Clearly this will be a map REDUCTION.

Finally, a Paradox game without England.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I got the impression that the next DLC will balance between role-playing and strategic elements.
I read it as being RP-oriented since he used Conclave as the example of strategy-oriented.

EDIT: Also we know the more complex illness system is in the next DLC, which is definitely more an RP thing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 29, 2016

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Town and city building revamp/DLC confirmed. Build the greatest castles and cities the world has ever seen! Like a Ponzi tree!

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I'm hoping for some Late Game/Late Medieval stuff, like a better Black Plague, proto-renaissance humanism like Petrarch, and early gunpowder technology / Janissaries.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Spiderfist Island posted:

I'm hoping for some Late Game/Late Medieval stuff, like a better Black Plague, proto-renaissance humanism like Petrarch, and early gunpowder technology / Janissaries.

Same, except I hope it goes to the year 1800.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Doomdark, it's ok to just say "We're still developing things so we don't have a lot of stuff for the Dev Diary" or that you aren't allowed to yet.

Also getting that CKII fatigue again. Set up a nice world, full of different powers all at each others throats (even India is now interesting and dynamic!) but all I really wanna do is go observer and see the fireworks fly.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Everytime I load up the game I just wonder what else I could mod and quit out and open up Notepad++ instead.

And then a patch update ruins my work so I go back and try to play the game vanilla.

And when I load up the game...

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Finally got the demon spawn event, with my genius heir... in the year 1450 :smith:

Good game, though. Started as the two-county Irish dude in the Charlemagne start, was able to establish feudalism and primogeniture fairly early, and had a mostly smooth ride to found the Empire of Brittania through a combination of awesome chancellors, repeated use of the Business focus, careful breeding, well-timed holy wars and plenty of stabbing. I was sitting on something like 25K personal troops and 50K gold by the end of it, with not much to use either on. Can't speak for the rest of Europe, though... most everything but the very northern parts of mainland Europe, Scandinavia and Italy were Umayyad, with something like eight failed Crusades. The Byzantines had turned Catholic, and for a while there were two popes. The Mongol horde was also somehow Catholic, and seemed fairly non-aggressive.

That was probably the longest game I ever played, I kinda don't know what to do with myself now. I would like to say how glad I am that the music doesn't have to be location-specific anymore, I think having a larger song pool kinda kept me from burning out at times.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 30, 2016

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
My guess is that the new expansion will feature cadet branches- like small trees that branch off of bigger ones.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Everytime I load up the game I just wonder what else I could mod and quit out and open up Notepad++ instead.

And then a patch update ruins my work so I go back and try to play the game vanilla.

And when I load up the game...

Just constantly backup the changed files outside the directory and re-paste whatever the new patch didn't update (which you can tell by the last date updated).

Granted, it's not perfect and you'll still need to run through all the files and manually re-insert your lines wherever it did change, but it's a helluva lot better than what you're doing.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 30, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I want my islam mod from HGS already I'm dying over here

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Ras Het posted:

Finally, a Paradox game without England.

Japan is the England of Asia

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
There's plenty of Islam IRL, go get some of that.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hadaka Apron posted:

My guess is that the new expansion will feature cadet branches- like small trees that branch off of bigger ones.

Oh my god please let this be it.

verbal enema posted:

I want my islam mod from HGS already I'm dying over here

:unsmigghh:

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
The new expansion will bring back the Assassinate button, so you can carefully prune the wayward branches of your and other dynasties... like perfect bonsai trees.

My actual guess is cadet branches.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
How about natural disasters for the new expansion? Introduce some more RNG that can mess everything up. :v:

I assume it'll be something event chain-heavy, at any rate.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've got a pre-Conclave game going, starting as Pictland I've just managed to take Britannia and a small holding of Brittany, and took Jerusalem rather easily in the first Crusade. I'm expecting to lose it (well my son will hahaha), otherwise I'm taking the small target strategy also and not expanding too soon. It took me 200 years to get to Britannia and I'm not stuffing it up. Better to make tributaries of countries than takeovers at this point in the evolution of CK2.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Doomdark, it's ok to just say "We're still developing things so we don't have a lot of stuff for the Dev Diary" or that you aren't allowed to yet.

It's not actually, it is now mandated that we must make a DD every week even if we have nothing to talk about and we're also not allowed to talk about all the fun stuff we are doing atm, soo... :negative:

At least I didn't have to write this one.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Why not write about whatever, then? I want the inside scoop on Eurovision.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Why not write about internal multiplayer match rankings and which dev is top dog/laughing stock?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Sin of Onan posted:

The new expansion will bring back the Assassinate button, so you can carefully prune the wayward branches of your and other dynasties... like perfect bonsai trees.

Doomdark's revenge.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I bet (hope) is about internal politics and/or domestic management

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

CrazyLoon posted:

Why not write about internal multiplayer match rankings and which dev is top dog/laughing stock?

I don't really care about MP and we don't have massive super-competitive matches like EU has.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Darkrenown posted:

I don't really care about MP and we don't have massive super-competitive matches like EU has.

A Pdox dev after my own heart :hf:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Arumba just started an After the End campaign as a Rastafarian banker which is hilarious because aside from the popup spam, it seems like a license to print money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0668ofbggiI

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

You weren't kidding about popup spam...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
whoever decided to put some nomadic land in south america for the after the end mod is a good person

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What are those little green and red icons under traits called? Is there a way to change them with the console

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

beer_war posted:

You weren't kidding about popup spam...

You can stop accepting requests but really you should be able to auto accept requests, it seems like with the AI there is almost no chance of not making a profit, rapidly.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Darth Windu posted:

What are those little green and red icons under traits called? Is there a way to change them with the console

Do you mean the red or green background some traits have (such as the Deadly Sins or Heavenly Virtues)? If so, they are just part of the icon image, and can't be changed without editing the file

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kaza42 posted:

Do you mean the red or green background some traits have (such as the Deadly Sins or Heavenly Virtues)? If so, they are just part of the icon image, and can't be changed without editing the file

I think he means the "temporary traits" below the "real" traits, like "Jesus gives military advice".

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Torrannor posted:

I think he means the "temporary traits" below the "real" traits, like "Jesus gives military advice".

Yeah this, specifically "rejecting seduction attempts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah this, specifically "rejecting seduction attempts"

I forget the exact file, but it's probably in event_modifiers, and there is an icon tag that can be applied, the icon number determines which of the icons is used, and which color is used.

• Locked thread