Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

vortmax posted:

A psychiatrist gives a presentation and has a book signing, then is abducted by a former patient. They later crash a party, before the patient is killed by police.

12 Monkeys?

vortmax posted:

After a scientist visits a government outpost, an expedition of six is launched to investigate remote territory. None return.

Aliens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Otisburg posted:

Said tripping occurs on worm poo poo

:mmmhmm: no worries :c00l:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
OK, you guys suck, here are the answers

A police officer takes early retirement, and finds happiness on an aimless road trip with his wife and child
Mad Max

a drug addict is finally able to reconnect with his daughter, who he has not seen in many years, shortly before almost all of humanity is wiped out.
Snowpiercer

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Aging man tries to impress cool teens. Wife disapproves.

american beauty

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
a group of men turn on and kill each other, after one of them destroys a chess game for no reason.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

After reeling from the murder of Jack Black on national television and facing destruction, the world comes together to the soothing sounds of Slim Whitman's "Indian Call".

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

univbee posted:

12 Monkeys
Yes

quote:

Aliens?
No

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

A man, fleeing from an angry husband, travels to a land far from home. He learns the language of the locals and then instills in them the courage to massacre the neighboring tribes.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

A man, fleeing from an angry husband, travels to a land far from home. He learns the language of the locals and then instills in them the courage to massacre the neighboring tribes.

13th Warrior?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

jiharlequinade posted:

13th Warrior?

yup

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Privileged kid has a great leadership job lined up but decides to live with a group of hedonist degenerates instead. Changes his mind after hallucinating real hard. Returns to job, fires everyone in charge.

Dune

ghlbtsk posted:

A cabbie is fired, then teams up with his last fare to prevent his boss from selling a powerful weapon to a mysterious stranger.

The Fifth Element

A young boy in post-WW2 America fears his nearly-illiterate father will murder his older brother, who has violent daydreams of his own.

Doctor Medic fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 30, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doctor Medic posted:

Dune

A young boy in post-WW2 America fears his nearly-illiterate father will murder his older brother, who has violent daydreams of his own.

Ender's Game

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

rapfan90 posted:

In the near future, society's inabilty to develop renewable resources creates a food crisis.

rapfan90 posted:

An old man offers a young couple the opportunity to make all their financial woes disappear.

Dramatic direction, luxurious locations, stunning SFX, this 'production' 'company' has everything it takes to make all your dreams come true!

Last call before solutions get posted.

e: the third one might be a little unfair. it refers to a popular theory about the movie that everyone knows, but also has a dead giveaway clue in it.

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!

Applewhite posted:

Ender's Game

Good guess, but nope!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

rapfan90 posted:

Dramatic direction, luxurious locations, stunning SFX, this 'production' 'company' has everything it takes to make all your dreams come true!

Total Recall

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

Applewhite posted:

Total Recall

No, but good guess, also see my edit.

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!

rapfan90 posted:

In the near future, society's inabilty to develop renewable resources creates a food crisis.

Soylent Green

rapfan90 posted:

Inception?

Doctor Medic fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 30, 2016

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

Doctor Medic posted:

Soylent Green

No, but the theme of people as the food source also appears.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
A runaway slave accepts payment from a usurper to murder a charismatic black religious leader and kidnap a teenage girl, but is executed for his crimes.

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

Correct!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Nobody has guessed this one, and I especially liked it, so I'll repost:

Man leaves his job to do observational comedy in Los Angeles, presses on despite poor audience reception

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

skasion posted:

A runaway slave accepts payment from a usurper to murder a charismatic black religious leader and kidnap a teenage girl, but is executed for his crimes.

Spartacus

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Man leaves his job to do observational comedy in Los Angeles, presses on despite poor audience reception

Bruno

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Harry and the Hendersons

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

skasion posted:

No wait, Conan

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!
Yay!

A deformed man requiring physical and respiratory support to survive watches his father and brother leave on their final journey.

Doctor Medic fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 30, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

jiharlequinade posted:

Harry and the Hendersons

It is not Bruno nor Harry and the Hendersons

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Jungle 2 Jungle

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

rapfan90 posted:

Last call before solutions get posted.

e: the third one might be a little unfair. it refers to a popular theory about the movie that everyone knows, but also has a dead giveaway clue in it.

That second one is indecent proposal

I get the feeling the first one isn't one of the answers like Soylent Green or Wall-E or Silent Runnings, because renewable resources and food crisis aren't really tertiary details, they're main details.

So I'll guess.. idiocracy

Edit... no the second one can't be what I stated, because the detail provided is like half of the main plot, therefore not tertiary.. hmmm...

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 30, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'll give you another totally tertiary plot for the same movie:

An estranged father tries to make it across town in time for his daughter's birthday party.

Edit: After revisiting the film, I should say "after losing his job, man does observational comedy in los angeles, presses on despite poor audience reception

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 30, 2016

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Applewhite posted:

No wait, Conan

Correct

A criminal on the run attempts to get closer to his spiritual side by sailing, undertaking a group hike, and inhaling fumes from his own poo poo.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

A group of scientists travel to a pretty cool place. A dog joins the party and everything goes to hell.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Doc Friday posted:

A group of scientists travel to a pretty cool place. A dog joins the party and everything goes to hell.

The Thing

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Yup.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
An old man, an alcoholic and a rich kid search for children kidnapped by black people. On the way the drunk and the rich kid begin a taboo relationship.

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

Drunk Nerds posted:

That second one is indecent proposal

That is a great but wrong guess, it applies equally as well to the description though. This movie is a bad thriller.

quote:

I get the feeling the first one isn't one of the answers like Soylent Green or Wall-E or Silent Runnings, because renewable resources and food crisis aren't really tertiary details, they're main details.

So I'll guess.. idiocracy

Another good guess, but no. This movie is an action/sci-fi, so these plot points aren't so much tertiary as in unimportant to the plot as much as important to the plot but told with minimal screen time to make room for high stakes battles with scorching hot fireworks. Also

rapfan90 posted:

No, but the theme of people as the food source also appears.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

rapfan90 posted:

That is a great but wrong guess, it applies equally as well to the description though. This movie is a bad thriller.

the box

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Business Gorillas posted:

american beauty

Yup

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!

rapfan90 posted:

Another good guess, but no. This movie is an action/sci-fi, so these plot points aren't so much tertiary as in unimportant to the plot as much as important to the plot but told with minimal screen time to make room for high stakes battles with scorching hot fireworks. Also

You know, until you said "action/sci fi,", I was going to guess Only Lovers Left Alive .

So instead, I'm going to either guess a Blade movie or I Am Legend , so I can stick with a theme. :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

Yes!

Doctor Medic posted:

You know, until you said "action/sci fi,", I was going to guess Only Lovers Left Alive .

So instead, I'm going to either guess a Blade movie or I Am Legend , so I can stick with a theme. :3

You're on the right track.

• Locked thread