Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I just wanted to step in to this to say that lady naga is a bad poster but everyone arguing with them are not any better atm. Thank you for reading my post, I hate all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Prokhor posted:

Ok makes sense. I've really just been very... passive? And standing miles away from the wave and just q'ing the waves to farm. How does gangplank trade against someone who wants to be in close eg. someone like riven? Do I use the Q to harass then and farm in melee range or stand back and farm w/ Q and barrels?

Switch it up. You're picking GP for a strong lategame so you can afford to be a bit passive, but you can still put the hurt on early threats like Darius or Riven by playing well with your barrels / dancing in and out of threat ranges with your gun. Riven has ways to cover ground to chop down your barrels quickly, so practice doing three barrel quick detonations (placing a barrel, another barrel, shooting the closest one and placing a third as they explode) to catch her. If you get really solid at predicting movement and learn your ranges really well, you can also do two barrel quick dets but... don't count on those.

Main thing is that if you feel like you're gonna have problems being aggressive in a particular match, Gangplank is very good at hanging back to improve CS / wave clearing, so feel free to try things until you have to fall back on that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Herbotron posted:

I just wanted to step in to this to say that lady naga is a bad poster but everyone arguing with them are not any better atm. Thank you for reading my post, I hate all of you.

I'm actually good, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

In both cases it's a tiny minority at the very top complaining that they're not being catered to or were somehow "left out" and in both cases it is amusing to witness their total lack of perspective.

So your argument at this point boils down to "the people at the high end of a game should never express any opinion about a feature and how it impacts them" which is pretty dumb because there are a lot of cases where developers in fact make needless changes that impact those players poorly or don't think about how their changes impact the endgame.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
:gary: :yarg:

:chanpop: :captainpop: :smugdon:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

there has to be some form of punishment... for the summoner

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Herbotron posted:

Agreed.

Free stuff is cool. Less free stuff for people who've been playing for 6 years is less cool I guess.

Who do people think are the best junglers right now?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Lady Naga is cool

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

ImpAtom posted:

So your argument at this point boils down to "the people at the high end of a game should never express any opinion about a feature and how it impacts them" which is pretty dumb because there are a lot of cases where developers in fact make needless changes that impact those players poorly or don't think about how their changes impact the endgame.

They're allowed to complain about it just as much as I'm allowed to say that their complaints are meaningless in the grand scheme of things and some extra perspective might be needed. If you have this big of a problem with me saying "you're kind of dumb for complaining so much about something 3% of the overall playerbase will experience" then I'm not sure how you manage to scroll past any kind of mock thread without exploding into some giant diatribe of indignation about how actually it's not cool to shut down their complaints.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 30, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I'm a SoCal Justice Warrior

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

:iamafag:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Darth Windu posted:

Lady Naga is cool

goofy plz

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

They're allowed to complain about it just as much as I'm allowed to say that their complaints are meaningless in the grand scheme of things and some extra perspective might be needed. If you have this big of a problem with me saying "you're kind of dumb for complaining so much about something 3% of the overall playerbase will experience" then I'm not sure how you manage to scroll past any kind of mock thread without exploding into some giant diatribe of indignation about how actually it's not cool to shut down their complaints.

Because most of the mock threads are making fun of absurd people being stupid for no reason or being absurdly hyperbolic and threatening to kill a developer or something, not the mere idea that people complain about things. :ssh:

Otherwise they'd be really boring reads honestly because someone complaining about a game patch change or a poorly implemented feature isn't very funny on its own.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 30, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Long time player here who doesn't own every hero or rune, ama.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

ImpAtom posted:

Because most of the mock threads are making fun of absurd people being stupid for no reason or being absurdly hyperbolic and threatening to kill a developer or something, not the mere idea that people complain about things. :ssh:

I would say that endlessly kvetching about something that only affects 3% of players is being absurd for no reason.

Whoa, deja-vu

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Voxx posted:

Why?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Voxx posted:

of the ones you own, which hero do you most regret buying

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lady Naga posted:

The discussion was never about whether or not it was a super great catch up mechanic or not, it's irrelevant. The problem is the "haves" bitching endlessly the moment the "have nots" finally get something of value that the new mechanic isn't pandering to them.

Also it seems like some people are taking "catch up mechanic" to mean "level 1 newbie is set on the fast track to having the same content as the 4-year veterans" when really all it means is "your farm is accelerated in some fashion"
You'll always be a have-not to me lady naga

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RealFoxy posted:

You'll always be a have-not to me lady naga

Lady Naga posted:

If you can think of a better way to concisely say "person who is level 30 and has multiple rune pages, all runes and most/all champions" (besides "basement-dweller") I'd like to hear it.

I even fuckin' put it in scare quotes to emphasise the fact that it wasn't an altogether serious term but w/e it's cool to take pot shots at the thread whipping boy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Jfc stop posting for a day or two.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Jfc stop posting for a day or two.

Did that last time everyone decided to swoop in and peck at me, didn't really work.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Did that last time everyone decided to swoop in and peck at me, didn't really work.

You aren't a righteous persecuted minority. You're someone new to the game who feels their uninformed opinions are the law. Listen to what people who are more experienced/smarter than you until you're more qualified to give your opinion.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Who else is just skipping all these posts and waiting for something interesting to be posted

Like the Taric rework or something

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Gowby do you live in Los Angeles?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Take the advice of AustrianMook or Itsjustdrew and stop posting for a solid six months until you figure out what it is exactly you're supposed to be mad at.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you guys have any tips for getting randos in soloqueue ranked to pick comps as a unit rather than just pidgeonholing into a champ regardless of its impact on the team comp?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe

Radical posted:

of the ones you own, which hero do you most regret buying

Rengar that piece of poo poo is the most loving boring

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Someone show us a replay roasting someone. This is the best I have.

e; I forgot about this one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I would say that endlessly kvetching about something that only affects 3% of players is being absurd for no reason.

Then you're being weird and reductive. The fact that something only represents a small percentage of the base doesn't mean it isn't a flaw or that they're wrong for complaining. v:shobon:v A lot of relatively important things in MOBAs and MMOs only impact a small percentage of the overall player base but they're still things that people can hope to be fixed for some reason or another.

Lady Naga posted:

I even fuckin' put it in scare quotes to emphasise the fact that it wasn't an altogether serious term but w/e it's cool to take pot shots at the thread whipping boy.

Why do you expect people not to take shots at you when you take shots at other people?

Voxx posted:

Rengar that piece of poo poo is the most loving boring

This is a right and correct post.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spiros posted:

You aren't a righteous persecuted minority. You're someone new to the game who feels their uninformed opinions are the law. Listen to what people who are more experienced/smarter than you until you're more qualified to give your opinion.

Never said I was. I have never offered any significant opinion on League-specific design decisions (though people assumed I was anyway because ???). In fact, this is sort of the exact opposite situation where older players should probably listen to the newer ones who are saying that the system, while imperfect, is nowhere near as bad as they think it is and maybe they need some perspective (I'm not the only one who said this either, just the only one with enough brain problems to continue an argument past the point of who cares).

ImpAtom posted:

Then you're being weird and reductive. The fact that something only represents a small percentage of the base doesn't mean it isn't a flaw or that they're wrong for complaining. v:shobon:v A lot of relatively important things in MOBAs and MMOs only impact a small percentage of the overall player base but they're still things that people can hope to be fixed for some reason or another.
It's annoying to listen to, in the same way that it is annoying for a wage-slave employee to hear their boss complain that he has to pay an extra 5% on taxes, or in the way that it is annoying for a casual WoW player to listen to high-tier raiders complain that because Blizz decided to tune LFR they don't get more world-firsts to accomplish.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 30, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
lols6: I'm furious about shards and the Taric rework isn't even out yet!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Spiros posted:

Do you guys have any tips for getting randos in soloqueue ranked to pick comps as a unit rather than just pidgeonholing into a champ regardless of its impact on the team comp?

I'd say the vast majority of people don't even think about this. For most people, even in ranked, I feel like "who would I have the most fun playing" is what matters most to people.

Trying to use chat to influence picks might help? But I'd say you have about equal chance to be told where to shove it.

Also, even if you convince someone to pick a champ that fits into the composition, there's a pretty solid chance they'll just blow at that champion. I can play Fizz into Lux but that doesn't make me good at him. I think with solo queue you just have to let people play the champions they want.

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 30, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RealFoxy posted:

Take the advice of AustrianMook or Itsjustdrew and stop posting for a solid six months until you figure out what it is exactly you're supposed to be mad at.

I'm not mad at anything lmao.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spiros posted:

if you pick alistar or Malphite early on there's like an 80% chance someone will lock in Yasuo it that counts. Other than that it's best to let people play what they think they're good at, instead of asking them to play something they're unfamiliar with.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Why do people care about free poo poo that much?

Like oh no, I have everything unlocked and the chest don't have any value to me? gently caress you rito, give me more free poo poo I paid money for!

Also you guys act like getting S rank is loving impossible or something, just win games and you or your teammate gets one.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Having a good comp is good, but 9 time outta 10 I'd rather someone pick a champ they're proficient with than someone that might fill a team's niche.

That said, if you've got a team who has absolutely zero engage or easily landed hard CC then sometimes you just gotta hope for the best. I always try to be someone to fill in the blanks, but when you're first or second pick you can never really tell.

Hey also, why isn't Sion jungle played more often? Champ GG rarely ever has data for it. If I wanna play a tanky and heavy CC jungle, that's usually my fave pick.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Maybe because you manage to be the worst goddamn poster in this entire thread, which is a feat in itself.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
When I post is it really like reading Naga's posts?

I'm so sorry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bholder posted:

Why do people care about free poo poo that much?

Like oh no, I have everything unlocked and the chest don't have any value to me? gently caress you rito, give me more free poo poo I paid money for!

Also you guys act like getting S rank is loving impossible or something, just win games and you or your teammate gets one.

Well, it ain't a problem for me, but chests sell for money and I can understand why someone who pays money for a chest wouldn't want to get something literally worthless out of it. You shouldn't be buying chests for money but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Maybe because you manage to be the worst goddamn poster in this entire thread, which is a feat in itself.

I am sorry that I do not reach your lofty posting goals, Fluffdaddy.

• Locked thread