Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

please do not imply my perfect wife abigail was born of an affair

No, Abigail would be even more perfect if she were Wizard-born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Harmburger posted:

It doesn't. Sorry the one developer of the game didn't use his orb of seeing to anticipate every problem you would ever have to fix them. It's almost like he knew not everything would be perfect and made a way for others to easily change things?????
lol way to get super hostile for no reason you weirdo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Does the Luau get anything for you, or is it just a fluff piece

I'd totally do it a third time if it didn't have the same dialogue every time, but if it doesn't actually do anything I might as well not bother

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Deified Data posted:

No, Abigail would be even more perfect if she were Wizard-born.

Mud blood is way better than some generic muggle. It explains why she sucks with a sword, because she's a spell caster!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

the wizard keeps talking about wanting an apprentice...I'm just like, I'm right here, my wife would be interested too, and I've got a kid I'd be happy to get some wizardry learnt.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Captain Invictus posted:

Does the Luau get anything for you, or is it just a fluff piece

I'd totally do it a third time if it didn't have the same dialogue every time, but if it doesn't actually do anything I might as well not bother

Don't think it matters at all.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My first luau I put in something that I figured would be all right, and it turned out awful. The second time I put something in that turned out fantastic.

The third time I put in a red shroom.

I'm pretty sure the governor is going to bring a taste tester next year.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

it would be cool if adding something poisonous resulted in everyone being stuck at home the next day.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Steelion posted:

My first luau I put in something that I figured would be all right, and it turned out awful. The second time I put something in that turned out fantastic.

The third time I put in a red shroom.

I'm pretty sure the governor is going to bring a taste tester next year.

I have not confirmed, but I thought that read something about the outcome being mostly based around whether or not the ingredient is a regular, silver, or gold star quality item rather than the type of ingredient.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Germstore posted:

Maybe the dwarf is actually her father. Maybe dwarfs eat minerals too; they sure like them.

Why do you assume the dwarf is male? Abby is clearly the child of the dwarf and the wizard, who used a memory charm to place her in Pierre and Caroline's home. This is why Abby feels an affinity for the mines and the wizard tower.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Xavier434 posted:

I have not confirmed, but I thought that read something about the outcome being mostly based around whether or not the ingredient is a regular, silver, or gold star quality item rather than the type of ingredient.

I've only put in gold star items (hot pepper and corn) and have gotten average soups both times.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I put in a gold potato and got awesome soup, because my taters be awesome. :smuggo:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My first luau I put in a gold pepper and it was just average. Most people aren't just "meh" towards hot peppers. I was taken aback.

I assume making a great soup can factor into your 3-year evaluation?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The Luau soup's reception is based entirely on gold value of the produce, use something worth more than 200 gold for the best outcome

Deified Data posted:

My first luau I put in a gold pepper and it was just average. Most people aren't just "meh" towards hot peppers. I was taken aback.

I assume making a great soup can factor into your 3-year evaluation?
Evaluation is based on your financial performance (total not cash-in-hand), certain achievements, social standing, and a few game milestones. If you don't perform to expectations you can trigger another evaluation later, no need to give up and restart.

All the gory details

GotLag fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 30, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kaubocks posted:

pierre and caroline are very happy together and I will not tolerate slander that their marriage is not functional

actually Pierre is bad

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I'm in summer of year 2. I'm just waiting for fall to get the apples for my final community center bundle. I've gotten married, caught every kind of fish, and once the new year 2 fall crop is available I'll have shipped everything, including rare stuff like the duck feather, rabbit's foot, and iridium bars, and will have gotten both the monoculture and polyculture achievements. I have 10 heart relationships with 2/3rds of the town.

But I'm not even close to maxing out the museum, despite doing tons of mining and digging every worm tile I see. I even got the pirate perk. Is there some source of artifacts I'm missing or is there just some unfathomable grind required to finish the museum?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
No one is happy with Pierre and his family is secretly happy every time I beat his rear end at the festival.

I wish he entered every competition.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Coolguye posted:

actually Pierre is bad

I forgot to give Pierre a birthday present in my current playthrough and feel no guilt.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mzbundifund posted:

I'm in summer of year 2. I'm just waiting for fall to get the apples for my final community center bundle. I've gotten married, caught every kind of fish, and once the new year 2 fall crop is available I'll have shipped everything, including rare stuff like the duck feather, rabbit's foot, and iridium bars, and will have gotten both the monoculture and polyculture achievements. I have 10 heart relationships with 2/3rds of the town.

But I'm not even close to maxing out the museum, despite doing tons of mining and digging every worm tile I see. I even got the pirate perk. Is there some source of artifacts I'm missing or is there just some unfathomable grind required to finish the museum?

Have you been donating minerals (from geodes) to the museum?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mzbundifund posted:

A new area opens up after the community centre, and I've been getting a ton of new artifacts from it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

A new area opens up after the community centre, and I've been getting a ton of new artifacts from it.

Where? I finished the community center and haven't seen anything new.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Captain Invictus posted:

Where? I finished the community center and haven't seen anything new.

You can take the bus to the desert, and unlock the skull dungeon if you've cleared the mine.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

To be specific, that doesn't require fixing the entire community centre, just the vault. I guess it might be confusing if you fix the vault last, though.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 30, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mzbundifund posted:

The beginning sword is woefully incapable of dealing with those bugs well, but if you can make it to floor 20 there's an upgrade which will see you in good stead for a long while. If you're close to 20 but running low on health or time, you can always craft yourself a portable staircase out of 99 stone and use it to skip a floor.

I grabbed the wooden sword which is the only upgrade i have available.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

You can take the bus to the desert, and unlock the skull dungeon if you've cleared the mine.

Or if you're rich and lazy, take the bus to the desert on a Wednesday and buy a stack of omni geodes for $1k each at the shop

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mzbundifund posted:

Seems like a ridiculous grind, yeah. Most of the artifacts come from digging but the drop rate is very low. Try luck food and/or a high luck day.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 30, 2016

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
You actually seem to get 1 heart with most of the town when you put in a high quality ingredient at the Luau. Basically throw a gold star cauliflower or red cabbage in and you're golden. Or a melon if you're a sick gently caress.

Also, yes, gently caress artifacts, I just finished year 3 and I have essentially everything else done, but I'm short 1 mineral and about half the artifacts, even though I've cracked like 600 omni-geodes by now.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 30, 2016

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Mazz posted:

You actually seem to get 1 heart with most of the town when you put in a high quality ingredient at the Luau. Basically throw a gold star cauliflower or red cabbage in and you're golden. Or a melon if you're a sick gently caress.

Super Cucumber.

Super cucumber can be fished out of the ocean in summer at night and the mayor loves to slurp him some phallic soup.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Is there any point to having dinosaurs other than having a dinosaur?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

mcvey posted:

You can sell the dinosaur eggs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mcvey posted:

The eggs sell for a lot I guess. But not really.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

I forgot to give Pierre a birthday present in my current playthrough and feel no guilt.

i gave him a stone for christmas

to make it worse, i had a fried calamari in my inventory at the time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oh, I unlocked that in the first summer, I thought you meant there was something for completing the entire community center

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
My first Lua went bad. Someone must have put in something bad in the pot.

I know it wasn't me because put in some white Algae which was literally the most precious food item I had at the time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ White Algae is pretty bad, it's under 200g.

Well I spent a whole lucky day digging for artifacts with the Lucky Lunch buff and I got literally nothing but clay. I feel safe in saying that either artifacts are ridiculously rare, or more likely the drop rate is bugged. Either way I've given up trying to get them.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You only get Bad End for the Luau if you put in something poisonous (negative energy), like sap, pufferfish or red shrooms. A zero-energy item (like most flowers) will just cause disgust.

Does white algae have negative energy, or is it just aggressively mediocre?

Edit: as for artifacts, I reached 6 by the end of summer, year 2 by just digging every worm I saw on my day-to-day work/travel, and opening whatever geodes I'd found on my infrequent mining trips.
I never ignore wormsign.

GotLag fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 30, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
White Algae is basically seaweed except from a lake, 13 Energy. The Luau works like this: High price edible > Low price edible > Food that gives negative energy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thought white algae is caves/sewers only

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
clearly you've never gotten a quest to fish up a green algae, thought "hey no prob i get those all the time," and then only fished up white all goddamn day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I gotta track down what one of these mods is making the game crash on transition to mini games cause it just caused a crash during an event for me too.