Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

did you try going to the video game store??

i was looking for a good deal because i had to buy one immediately.i ts an emergency

CrashCat posted:

Well you can only get one of those (Kart or Maker) per bundle that's why I said Splatoon/Smash. That's two games instead of one and you still have to pay near full price for them because everyone redeems the codes

If there was any current deal it would have been in the video game deals thread anyway

are there any dealds on either bundle? its an emergency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

When I try to play Splatoon nowadays, I'm literally the only player who's not Japanese. It's 9 names in hiragana, and then me. Is this a common thing? Is there some game, system, or network setting that's causing this?

edit: i should mention that i live in new york, which is not near japan

I've been playing since september, and hell, this has almost always been the case for me. I enjoy it too because every splatfest where I'm forced to play with people in NA somehow their connections are worse. I only ever disconnect from games and see noticeable lag during splatfests.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

i was looking for a good deal because i had to buy one immediately.i ts an emergency

are there any dealds on either bundle? its an emergency
Nothing big turning up. Granted it's an off season for sales so I didn't expect anything.

Best I could come up with is 15% off this site is offering for first orders. No idea if the site is reputable though.

https://jet.com/product/Nintendo-Wii-U-Mario-Kart-8-Bundle/5a8270be7b8a41be9880972aebc75cea

Maybe check the Craigslist for your area?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux don't post in the Nintendo threads anymore.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stux don't post

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

Or post about video game deals in this handy video game deals thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2408877

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I just wanna know what the emergency is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

majormonotone posted:

I just wanna know what the emergency is

kinda accidentally broke my room mates wii u (do not ask how) and i need to replace it beefore they get back from visiting family on monday

CrashCat posted:

Nothing big turning up. Granted it's an off season for sales so I didn't expect anything.

Best I could come up with is 15% off this site is offering for first orders. No idea if the site is reputable though.

https://jet.com/product/Nintendo-Wii-U-Mario-Kart-8-Bundle/5a8270be7b8a41be9880972aebc75cea

Maybe check the Craigslist for your area?

this is fantastic, exactly what i was looking for, thank you!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

kinda accidentally broke my room mates wii u (do not ask how) and i need to replace it beefore they get back from visiting family on monday

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im just trying to get hold of a wii u, i dont see what is wrong. im not going to troll the nintendo threads anymore. its over. i like nintendo games anyway and want to talk about them nicely.

i think you are being a bit unreasonable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

im just trying to get hold of a wii u, i dont see what is wrong. im not going to troll the nintendo threads anymore. its over. i like nintendo games anyway and want to talk about them nicely.

i think you are being a bit unreasonable.
I think you're being disingenuous and you know it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think you're being disingenuous and you know it.

i will not troll nintendo based threads, i just want to chat about games like everyone else.

in fact before you came in there wasnt an issue, its this that has derailed the thread now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mod Challenge Stux: Post invoices/receipts and pictures of broken Wii U and new one along with other stuff.

Also, someone is selling almost exactly what you are looking for in SA Mart.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Mod Challenge Stux: Post invoices/receipts and pictures of broken Wii U and new one along with other stuff.

Also, someone is selling almost exactly what you are looking for in SA Mart.

im not able to post pictures of the broken wii u, im not opening myself up to ridicule in that way.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

please don't try to doxx people

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Stux posted:

im not able to post pictures of the broken wii u, im not opening myself up to ridicule in that way.

Which would make a mod challenge oh so much fun.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

You've tried to get the last word like four times now, just unbookmark the thread and close the tab ffs

It'll be alright, you can be objectively correct in another thread

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

You've tried to get the last word like four times now, just unbookmark the thread and close the tab ffs

It'll be alright, you can be objectively correct in another thread

what are you even talking about? i know i poo poo the thread up last time but im sorry. i genuinely like nintendo games and i wont do it again, i just want to post in peace.

Waltzing Along posted:

Which would make a mod challenge oh so much fun.

well i wouldnt do it. i cleaned it all up now anyway.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Polo-Rican posted:

When I try to play Splatoon nowadays, I'm literally the only player who's not Japanese. It's 9 names in hiragana, and then me. Is this a common thing? Is there some game, system, or network setting that's causing this?

edit: i should mention that i live in new york, which is not near japan

What time? That might make a difference.

I'd say I see an even mix and I'm in your time zone.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what are you even talking about? i know i poo poo the thread up last time but im sorry. i genuinely like nintendo games and i wont do it again, i just want to post in peace.
A mod told you to stop posting here five posts ago. I thought maybe you were unable to follow simple directions so I gave you a helpful suggestion on how you might accomplish this task

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Also if he's trolling, this is like the lowest payoff trolling you could do which makes it kinda weird. Why not just go out and buy the Wii U and make up for your mistake it's so simple!

It would be half clever if he fake posted about trying to get Nintendo to transfer his licenses or something, though even that would be beating a dead horse at this point.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

A mod told you to stop posting here five posts ago. I thought maybe you were unable to follow simple directions so I gave you a helpful suggestion on how you might accomplish this task

I just posted asking about deals on Wii Us, everyone else who keeps making posts like you are are the ones making GBS threads the thread up. I didnt do a drat thing. Why dont you drop it before it gets any worse?

Nickoten posted:

Also if he's trolling, this is like the lowest payoff trolling you could do which makes it kinda weird. Why not just go out and buy the Wii U and make up for your mistake it's so simple!

It would be half clever if he fake posted about trying to get Nintendo to transfer his licenses or something, though even that would be beating a dead horse at this point.

I actually didnt think about licenses and save games. I still have the original console but I dont know really how operable it is. It turns on, or it seems to, but nothing else happens. How does this stuff work now with the Wii U? Theres a user system in place now for digital downloads etc correct? What about save games?

And I knew I had a bit of time so I wanted to see if I could get one cheaper because I dont really want to be paying more than I have to just to replace a console.

Stux fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 30, 2016

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

im not opening myself up to ridicule in that way.

But you do so anyway by posting :confused: I'm kidding stux, I just saw an opening and took it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

I just posted asking about deals on Wii Us, everyone else who keeps making posts like you are are the ones making GBS threads the thread up. I didnt do a drat thing. Why dont you drop it before it gets any worse?
That's six posts now. You can click on the icon that looks like this to unbookmark a thread: You should be able to use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-F4 or CTRL-W to close the tab after you've accomplished this. Thanks!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

That's six posts now. You can click on the icon that looks like this to unbookmark a thread: You should be able to use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-F4 or CTRL-W to close the tab after you've accomplished this. Thanks!

Look I'm putting you on ignore now, because apparently all you're going to do is just post poo poo and waste everyones time.

edit: To keep on topic can anyone help me with transferring data from the old machine? Am I going to need login details for the digital downloads or is it a system to system transfer like on the 3DS? Do I have any hope of getting the save files back?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'll never understand wannabe FYADers. They aren't even funny.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

edit: To keep on topic can anyone help me with transferring data from the old machine? Am I going to need login details for the digital downloads or is it a system to system transfer like on the 3DS? Do I have any hope of getting the save files back?
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983/
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8989/
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9159/p/431/

That should answer your questions and then some. They say the transfer will queue up digital downloads that were on the old unit to be downloaded automatically, but if you have more than 64 items you'll have to download the rest yourself. Saves are sent, any saves on the new machine will be destroyed though.

edit: fixed URLs

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 30, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

wannabe FYADers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

I'll never understand wannabe FYADers. They aren't even funny.
You really don't know how the forums work, huh?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bought a Wii U today, along with Xenoblade X and Twilight Princess HD. What are some other good games to consider? I know Splatoon, but not sure beyond that.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Hyrule Warriors if you like buying DLC

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Chic Trombone posted:

Bought a Wii U today, along with Xenoblade X and Twilight Princess HD. What are some other good games to consider? I know Splatoon, but not sure beyond that.

Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, NintendoLand, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2 if you can find it and Mario Kart 8.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Splatoon
Mario Kart 8
Smash 4
Pokken
Wind Waker HD
Hyrule Warriors

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Super Mario Maker if you like fun and happiness.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chic Trombone posted:

Almost every first party game is worth considering but Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario Maker are absolute must haves imo.

Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Warriors are also awesome if you like Zelda.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Wait is there an actual system to system wii u transfer as well
I always regretted cheaping out and getting an ebay 8gb system, and have lots of problems because my hdd y cable/ DEFINITELY the terribly flimsy connection port on the hard drive is really flimsy
If I got a 32gb system I could probably hold digital Splatoon, tphd, and the updates for Smash/Hyrule warriors (lost all my other disc games when I went broke to rent and bill :( )

e maybe i just need a better hdd
is there a recommended model ppl have that they never get random disconnections, any models w a locking connector?, usb micro b is so flimsy

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 30, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Keito posted:

Hyrule Warriors if you like buying DLC

Honestly there's enough gameplay in HW without the DLC to last 100+ hours. That said: the DLC for HW (both console and portable versions) is a hell of a lot of bang for your buck

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Hyrule Warriors is a good choice if you hate having free time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

zolthorg posted:

Wait is there an actual system to system wii u transfer as well
I always regretted cheaping out and getting an ebay 8gb system, and have lots of problems because my hdd y cable/ DEFINITELY the terribly flimsy connection port on the hard drive is really flimsy
If I got a 32gb system I could probably hold digital Splatoon, tphd, and the updates for Smash/Hyrule warriors (lost all my other disc games when I went broke to rent and bill :( )

e maybe i just need a better hdd
is there a recommended model ppl have that they never get random disconnections, any models w a locking connector?, usb micro b is so flimsy

Honestly, any HHD that has a dedicated power supply will be totally fine. Nintendo has a list of recommended HHDs on their website, too, but really just anything with its own plug will do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nintendo fired some woman its all over folks. the real nintendo died with iwata rip

• Locked thread