Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Agency according to conservatives:

Person A is not able to find a job and subsequently cannot afford food or housing. Person A is a loser and deserves their fate.

Person B goes to a doctor and gets an abortion. The doctor should be punished for murder but Person B had no agency and should be spared.

Person C goes to a dealer and buys drugs, then goes home and uses the drugs. Only the dealer has agency in this situation but jail both of those dirty druggie bastards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

i'm going to mark Trump as Tentatively Stumped Pending Approval

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

I've been off the grid all day and I just turned on MTP Daily and the ticker says "TRUMP WON'T RULE OUT USING NUKES ON EUROPE" and "SOME FORM OF PUNISHMENT" FOR WOMEN IF ABORTION ILLEGAL

yer mans really bad at operating outside his comfort zone of reading poems about perfidious serpents, turns out

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Boosted_C5 posted:

I've been off the grid all day and I just turned on MTP Daily and the ticker says "TRUMP WON'T RULE OUT USING NUKES ON EUROPE" and "SOME FORM OF PUNISHMENT" FOR WOMEN IF ABORTION ILLEGAL

Everyone was saying that the election was getting too boring, and Trump heard us.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Boosted_C5 posted:

we finally found someone who could stump the trump

it's trump

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
lol this is a bad day for trump

and it's only march

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Weird that he has his son out there undermining his campaign's retreat and surrender on his mission to prosecute women for abortion.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Lol at everyone here freaking out as if something even weirder won't happen by Friday

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lol I want someone to ask Obama to 100% rule out ever using a nuke in any part of Europe.

Wanna see his look of disdain while also not actually ruling it out.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

PT6A posted:

I love how Trump has, in a single act, exposed the rampant hypocrisy of the pro-life movement. You can't have a world where abortion is illegal (ostensibly because it's murder) and not punish people who procure one. That's an utterly non-sensical stance. You can't make something a crime and refuse to do anything about people who commit that crime. The fact that pro-lifers are getting squeamish about punishing women who seek abortions goes to show that their entire view on the subject was ill-conceived in the first place.

Same with this bullshit "illegal but with exceptions for rape and incest." gently caress that. Either it's murder or it's not. If it's not murder (correct!) then there should not be any restrictions, and if it is murder (which it's not), then the circumstances under which the "life" was conceived are irrelevant.

EDIT: How is the woman who procure an abortion a "victim" in any sense? It's her right to do it, for one thing, but even if you believe that abortion is an act of murder, that makes a woman who procures an abortion the equivalent of someone who hires a hitman to kill someone. What is a fetus according to the fantastical, warped conception of the GOP hivemind? Their positions are inconsistent with it being a human life, but it's apparently more important than a domesticated animal while being less important than an endangered species (since you can't be involved in the killing of one of those in any way, or you will be punished).

The section of the pro-life movement that accepts abortion in the case of rape and incest is transparently about punishing women for having sex. Women who did not choose to have sex should not be punished after all.

Every faction of the pro-life movement is intellectually and morally bankrupt.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

TwinsensRevenge posted:

i'm going to mark Trump as Tentatively Stumped Pending Approval

i'd give his remarks a 4.5/5 on the akin scale

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Getting challenged to a duel by Zell Miller was also pretty great.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
really though what trump is was a lot worse than the akin thing

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Trump is a mess.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

No offense but i think i'll wait and see what inspector bunk-wanker has to say about this before jumping to any conclusions

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
r/the_donald is freaking out. Even Trumpisawinnter2 is losing confidence. Sad.

mlmp08 posted:

lol I want someone to ask Obama to 100% rule out ever using a nuke in any part of Europe.

Wanna see his look of disdain while also not actually ruling it out.

Why wouldn't he rule it out? There's zero chance he's going to do it in the next nine months and even if he were (what?), I think we'd have bigger things to worry about than "HE SAID HE WOULD NOT DO IT AND HE LIED!"

Fidel Castronaut fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 30, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

katlington posted:

No offense but i think i'll wait and see what inspector bunk-wanker has to say about this before jumping to any conclusions

she maced herself. case closed.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Sad!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
THAT'S RIGHT I'LL NUKE EUROPE AND PUNISH WOMEN WHO GET PREGNANT OUT OF WEDLOCK

also muslim concentration camps

and

noooooo booze I don't drink it why should you america you Losers

stop looking at my hands

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
Donald doesn't want to be president and wants a brokered convention because it's an easy out and he can claim the establishment screwed him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “I’m Catholic, and my initial reaction is, we might not want to fight the pope.” ~ Corey "the Voice of Reason" Lewandowski.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Monkey Fracas posted:

and

stop looking at my hands

Imagine if he did actually drink. Itd be another language

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"off the record, tho, i will totally fight a woman"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

srsly tho, lol @ ne1 surprised by odious trumpthoughts as if he was anything other than the reptilian hind brain of reactionary cave men processed through a hot take generator and given pseudo human form

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

and

stop looking at my hands

there's really nothing to like about him imo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Majorian posted:

there's really nothing to like about him imo.

He speaks his mind. His incomprehensible, possibly senile mind.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

In case you can't tell, Donny decided he no longer wants to do this election thing anymore

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
this is the long-awaited pivot, is it not? trump's poll numbers will shoot up 10% tomorrow of course, as we all know that trend will continue through the GE

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

If you believe abortion is murder, how are women also victims? I get that pro-lifers are delusional and believe to some extent that doctors and liberals get joy out of manipulating women into getting abortions, but what's the rational argument for declaring a woman who has an abortion of her own free will a victim?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

like how can that reddit or or boosted work up the nerve to even make the vague st pretense towards surprisee

dis is wut u wanted

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

shiksa posted:

He speaks his mind. His incomprehensible, possibly senile mind.

Oh terrific. So I get to hear my racist uncle/grandpa/whatever not just at Thanksgiving, but all year round!:haw:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
c'mooooon Trump hold it together long enough to destroy Ted Cruz and then you can do whatever your crazy dumbass monkey brain wants

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Donald started to pivot and found himself unable to stop pivoting, just spinning in place faster and faster, becoming an orange and yellow blur, finally drilling through the earth's crust and all the way to CHYNA

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
No, you see guys this is actually Trump's play to push Michelle Fields off the news cycle. Genius!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Trump self-immolating is hilarious

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

c'mooooon Trump hold it together long enough to destroy Ted Cruz and then you can do whatever your crazy dumbass monkey brain wants

Cruz has already destroyed himself. Either he gets the nomination and gets crushed (with Trump supporters deserting the party), or he doesn't and looks beyond feeble.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Slate Action posted:

Donald started to pivot and found himself unable to stop pivoting, just spinning in place faster and faster, becoming an orange and yellow blur, finally drilling through the earth's crust and all the way to CHYNA

Turn left, Trump.......... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The hands really are kind of small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Why wouldn't he rule it out? There's zero chance he's going to do it in the next nine months and even if he were (what?), I think we'd have bigger things to worry about than "HE SAID HE WOULD NOT DO IT AND HE LIED!"

lol even /pol/ realizes this is bad and women can vote

• Locked thread