Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

xyigx posted:

Wait you can save your daily rewards and still do the next days?

You can wait to pick up your daily challenge rewards but they will go away once the day resets.

Personally I do most of my daily tasks right when the day resets and I probably will for Thursday but I'll just wait to collect them until the patch drops (or just before 1:00 AM if it doesn't)

Don't want to waste that sweet sweet exp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Unless you're gunning for spot #1 then just doing everything ever day will get you ahead of the pack. I found arena and GW to be easier while leveling.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

Unless you're gunning for spot #1 then just doing everything ever day will get you ahead of the pack. I found arena and GW to be easier while leveling.

This depends on your PVP group.

Currently my group hits 28k+ power around 200th place and it's a struggle to stay in the top 100 with a 26k power team. PVP is competitive as poo poo for some groups and you'll want every advantage you can get just to keep in at least the top 200 sometimes.

GW basically comes down to how many teams are you going to face where you absolutely can't stop them from killing someone and hoping you don't run out of heavy hitters by the time you reach the end.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I have no interest in moving up as quickly as the whale pack. I have 25k power and I'm #50 on my shard so I'll take the slow road to 80 I think.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I regret leveling savage oppress. He sucks and is at 6*. Should I take him to 7* or move on to hk-47 and ig-88 now that I have all the other good ones from arena? My poggle and ig86 are 7*.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

I regret leveling savage oppress. He sucks and is at 6*. Should I take him to 7* or move on to hk-47 and ig-88 now that I have all the other good ones from arena? My poggle and ig86 are 7*.

I feel like Stormtrooper Han could end up being a big star if character survivability gets boosted in the upcoming update. Once he taunts, he feeds turn meter to your team every time he gets hit.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
If their planned update goes anything like what they are suggesting, I think both Savage and Han could become a big part of the new meta. However, I'm not willing to stake my arena tokens on it, so, meh. I'd keep Savage at 6*, and then it's only ~10 days of arena and you can have him at 7*.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Too many toons have on-kill bonuses. I prefer the aoe kill bonuses like darth maul. The targeted ones require odds which rarely come up.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Anyone want to give me like 800 purple power drills or handcuffs because what the gently caress?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Anyone want to give me like 800 purple power drills or handcuffs because what the gently caress?

You're outta luck re: the cuffs, but at least the hair dryers will be farmable in the agi challenge.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

Too many toons have on-kill bonuses. I prefer the aoe kill bonuses like darth maul. The targeted ones require odds which rarely come up.
If everyone on your team has on on-kill bonus you get an on-kill bonus every kill!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

If everyone on your team has on on-kill bonus you get an on-kill bonus every kill!

Similarly, I really wish I could just run a team of 5 Sids.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

Uh, I can't see how he sucks, 99% of GW teams have Sid, Phasma or both, meaning guaranteed offense up for him on his first go, and Overpower with offense up crits for 9k. That, along with his huge HP pool make him extremely good.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Mr. Neutron posted:

Uh, I can't see how he sucks, 99% of GW teams have Sid, Phasma or both, meaning guaranteed offense up for him on his first go, and Overpower with offense up crits for 9k. That, along with his huge HP pool make him extremely good.
I play speed and multi-attack squads so there is no place for a slow hitpoint bucket.

Arena: phasma/IG86/lum/sid/kylo
GW 1: QGJ/lum/JC/eeth/ahsoka
GW 2: phasma/IG86/Dooku/Daka/lum

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Is the update expected to come up tonight or tomorrow night? I can't seem to find any information.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

Is the update expected to come up tonight or tomorrow night? I can't seem to find any information.

Probably tomorrow around 12 or so. I think that is when they did it last time.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Probably tomorrow around 12 or so. I think that is when they did it last time.

Yeah, I can't find any updates on the update. I'm guessing it'll be around 6PM Eastern US time, but we'll see, they might try to do it earlier so that it'll have less of an impact on Arena rankings.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Is the yoda event going to go again? It has the red dot thing going on again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

Is the yoda event going to go again? It has the red dot thing going on again.

It will be back some time in April but I haven't paid close enough attention to the event to hazard a guess at when.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

It will be back some time in April but I haven't paid close enough attention to the event to hazard a guess at when.

They've said it will come back sometime, and it's a surprise. I poo poo you not, a dev said "It's a surprise."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

They've said it will come back sometime, and it's a surprise. I poo poo you not, a dev said "It's a surprise."

I think it comes back every 4 weeks, man.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They haven't set a date for the next Yoda event incase they want to raise the difficulty on it to match level 80.

The patch notes for tommorow were posted, nothing unexpected or important except that they added a 50 piece gear farm to a few upgrade items that many characters would need to advance to gear 9/10. The eta for the patch is afternoon pst, but it could be delayed if they find something during their 4 hours of internal testing they give each patch.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Fenris13 posted:

They haven't set a date for the next Yoda event incase they want to raise the difficulty on it to match level 80.

I'll be massively upset if they do. I'm ready to go for it now but if they bump it up for level 80s then I'll probably have to wait until the May event to be able to clear it. Having the goalposts pushed back another month would definitely affect my interest in the game.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fenris13 posted:

The patch notes for tommorow were posted, nothing unexpected or important except that they added a 50 piece gear farm to a few upgrade items that many characters would need to advance to gear 9/10. The eta for the patch is afternoon pst, but it could be delayed if they find something during their 4 hours of internal testing they give each patch.

The second part is actually a pretty big deal. You can craft, but not equip, the items that are changing and I feel it's probably a good idea. The biggest one, to me, was the Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller, which is used by Poggle, Qui-Gonn, and Daka (and others) at gear level 8. Currently they don't require any purple gear, I was able to pre-make 4 after some frantic last minute farming.

Another is the Mk 6 Nubian Design tech, usable by GS at gear 9. It also currently doesn't require any purples.

The painful one is the Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace, which currently requires 70 purple items, including 50 hair dryers. After the patch it'll take 120 items lol.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

The second part is actually a pretty big deal. You can craft, but not equip, the items that are changing and I feel it's probably a good idea. The biggest one, to me, was the Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller, which is used by Poggle, Qui-Gonn, and Daka (and others) at gear level 8. Currently they don't require any purple gear, I was able to pre-make 4 after some frantic last minute farming.

Another is the Mk 6 Nubian Design tech, usable by GS at gear 9. It also currently doesn't require any purples.

The painful one is the Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace, which currently requires 70 purple items, including 50 hair dryers. After the patch it'll take 120 items lol.

Thanks for posting this, haven't been on the main forums for a while and I would have missed this. Had the parts to make several of these so I went ahead and did that, I would have been pissed if I had missed that. I only have one full set of the hair dryers and was gonna save it, but in this case it's probably better to burn it on a Mk 5 Furnace and farm another one :negative:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

Greetings Heroes,

Here are the update notes for 3/31/2016. (NOTE: We are aiming to have this update go live on 3/31/2016 between 1pm and 6pm Pacific Time, but there is always the chance that the update may slip to 4/1/2016)

The level cap has increased to 80!

New Light/Dark Stages
stage 8 light normal unlocks at player level 74. All stage 7 light normal battles must be complete.
stage 8 light hard battles unlock upon completion of stage 8 light normal battles.
stage 8 dark normal unlocks at player level 76. All stage 7 dark normal battles must be complete.
stage 8 dark hard battles unlock upon completion of stage 8 dark normal battles.

Cantina Battles
Cantina Battles stage 7 unlocks at player level 77. All stage 6 battles must be complete.

Challenges
Challenges requiring player levels between 70-80 will unlock. There are no new challenges, but there are harder tiers for existing challenges which offer new pieces of gear.

General Changes
Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material.
Can only be completed after the “Claim All Daily Activity Rewards” daily activity is claimed.
Dispellable “Continuous Healing” Effects now Display an Icon – “Continuous Healing” effects, which are now susceptible to being dispelled, now display an icon and text when active.
Evasion Buff now correctly says “+10% Evasion Chance” instead of “+10% Dodge Chance”.
An extra surprise will also...

Gear Changes

Gear level 9 has been changed among the following units:
Ima-Gun Di
Jawa
Kylo Ren
Nightsister Initiate
Tusken Raider
CT-5555 "Fives"
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
Teebo
Plo Koon
First Order Stormtrooper
Magmatrooper
Hoth Rebel Scout

An additional ingredient has been added to the following gear crafting recipes:
Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller also requires 50 Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items
Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items
Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner also requires 50 Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage items
Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech also requires 50 Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage item

Some of these items are currently unavailable, but will become available in the next major update.

Character Changes
Qui-Gon Jinn’s rank 8 leader ability has been changed to “Jedi allies have +25 Speed and gain Potency Up for 1 turn at the beginning of each encounter.”
Geonosian Soldier’s rank 8 special upgrade has been changed to “Damage +15%”.

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug that caused First Order Officer’s basic ability to gain less damage than intended at some upgrades.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My dreams of a Qui Gon lead team have been (mostly) squashed.

:negative:

Flat speed boost to all allies is maybe a little broken though.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

I'm currenty level 67 and use Rey's speed and high damage special attack as a crutch in arena and GW. I don't see many people talking about her. Shes's only four stars currently and by far the lowest power rating of my team (Sidious, jedi counsular, luminar, chewy). Am I doing it wrong?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Prefect Six posted:

I'm currenty level 67 and use Rey's speed and high damage special attack as a crutch in arena and GW. I don't see many people talking about her. Shes's only four stars currently and by far the lowest power rating of my team (Sidious, jedi counsular, luminar, chewy). Am I doing it wrong?

She's definitely in the top 5 heroes in the game right now. However, she's only farmable by HM shards, two of which are in DS 5 and 7, which means that for about the first 60 levels, you can only farm 1 node for her. I'm finally getting close to 6 stars, at which point she'll be good enough to fit with my team (who are otherwise 7* max gear heroes). She's also the only hero I've seen that needs a 50 purple items craftable (the agility one) to make it past G7.

E: I'm beginning to wonder if this whole patch is an elaborate April Fool's joke, and they aren't actually going to run the update until they have the balance changes ready. Either that, or the balance changes are ready, and that's the joke?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 31, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

She's also the only hero I've seen that needs a 50 purple items craftable (the agility one) to make it past G7.

Greedo also fits that description.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Greedo also fits that description.

god those changes to gear suck so hard :smithicide:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So lately I just ignore Dooku and kill him last. Seems to work well. He sucks if you don't give him free attacks.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

So lately I just ignore Dooku and kill him last. Seems to work well. He sucks if you don't give him free attacks.

Middling damage and reliable ability lock/stun on Lumi and QGJ on possibly the fastest unit in the game seems like a pretty big threat to me. Thankfully if he doesn't hit QGJ I can usually just dust him with his assist attack.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Middling damage and reliable ability lock/stun on Lumi and QGJ on possibly the fastest unit in the game seems like a pretty big threat to me. Thankfully if he doesn't hit QGJ I can usually just dust him with his assist attack.

It's his T0 double stun that puts him into the slightly OP category. The other scary thing is that he has a chance to get turn meter off extra attacks, so in a comp with QGJ GS and Dooku, he's actually fairly scary. Fortunately his damage is middling though, otherwise he would need a nerf.

e:

EA_Jesse posted:

Aiming to have the update live in the next hour. Will give another update shortly.

It's live. GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 31, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Giving a little bump because the update is out y'all.

Had me a little nervous when the game said it needed to restart, I had just started my PVP for the day and I'm in EST.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

oh bam, yoda event

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I can't tell what's new in the level 72 Str challenge, however, the agi challenge adds purple hairdryers (needed by everyone in huge numbers) and the int challenge adds Mk VIII binoculars, used by nobody I can see at this point.

Also, as promised by the notes, there's currently no way to make the gear items that were updated in the patch, since the added material doesn't exist anywhere.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Slightly Toasted posted:

oh bam, yoda event

So did they upgrade the difficulty, or is the six star challenge just stupidly hard for no reason?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WebDO posted:

So did they upgrade the difficulty, or is the six star challenge just stupidly hard for no reason?

No clue, I'm still working on getting Barriss and JC to 6*.

Reading the official forums right now is hilarious. People are getting out their pitchforks. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is the worst update they've put out so far, but, I'm just not surprised anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just got yoda 6*. Was fine, didn't lose any dudes.

• Locked thread