Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Does anybody have the SFV guide handy? The google doc I have bookmarked shows Necalli's s.HP and cr.HP as 9 frames of startup for each, just wondering if that's accurate. Trying to work out punishes for Alex moves and if the 9 frames is right then Dantarion's got a mistake or two in his alex data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

dhamster posted:

Does that "mod medium/hard survival to one round" trainer still work post-patch?

I just tested it with Mika's alt and it still works. If you run into issues, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Hobojim posted:

Does anybody have the SFV guide handy? The google doc I have bookmarked shows Necalli's s.HP and cr.HP as 9 frames of startup for each, just wondering if that's accurate. Trying to work out punishes for Alex moves and if the 9 frames is right then Dantarion's got a mistake or two in his alex data.

Yup, Prima guide says it's 9f.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 30, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hobojim posted:

Yep, both are 9 frames according to the guide.

BTW the guide has added alex's moves but not combos or strategy yet.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ixiggle posted:

You forgot the broken netcode. Alex looks cool though.

With the new rollback netcode, this is one of the best online systems in a fighting game to date.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Baal posted:

Also Patty shows up and brings him an entire basket of sandwiches which he devours in five minutes, the man's a colossus

At first I didn't notice that they disappeared when he was still there, so I kind of assumed the Shadaloo guys ate them

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

interrodactyl posted:

With the new rollback netcode, this is one of the best online systems in a fighting game to date.

Is this ironic? I'd prefer sf4 netcode, though of course it would be best if they just fixed the obvious problem with their rollback.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

inthesto posted:

Why am I having so much trouble doing Alex's s.lp x flash chop

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox3/#/stats/ALX/v1_2

Well, according to the frame data, LP Flash Chop has 13 frames of start-up.

Standing LP is 4/3/7 and +4 on hit.
That means you need to cancel on the very first active frame (literally as fast as possible) in order to have the 13 frames necessary to combo.
On counter-hit, standing jab gets an extra 2 frames of hit-stun, there-by making it a little bit easier with a 3-frame window.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Booyah- posted:

Is this ironic? I'd prefer sf4 netcode, though of course it would be best if they just fixed the obvious problem with their rollback.

It's a former quote from the op which was quietly removed once it became clear that Kagemusha was a steaming pile of turd

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Effort post incoming!

I got trounced by an Alex on ranked because I had no idea when to press buttons, so I worked out punishes for Necalli, maybe it'll help someone (looking at you, bhsman):

None of his lights or mediums are punishable, except for his f.MP.

Normals
s.HP: -3, can punish with s.lp xx ex stomps but only from point blank.
s.HK: -4, same as above but can do it from much farther out because of how much this moves Alex forward. Can fit two s.lp's in there before cancelling from most ranges, but maybe not worth it.

cr.HP: -9 according to Dantarion, but unpunishable by Necalli's cr.HP or s.HP. Can punish with the standard s.mk, cr.mk xx light slashes though.
cr.HK: -12? cr.MP xx light slashes from anything but max range, same with your own sweep. Can also use your CA on block if you have it.

f.MP: -4, s.lp, s.lp xx ex stomps to punish.

Specials
Any qcf+P that isn't EX: -4, s.lp or c.lp xx EX stomps.
EX qcf+P is safe on block, looks to be -1. Dantarion has it listed as -4, but it isn't.

b, f+LK: -4, but pushes far enough away that Necalli's jabs won't hit, and that probably goes for most of the cast.
b, f+MK or HK: -6 and -7 respectively, cr.mp xx light slashes works well.
b, f+KK: -11, cr.HP xx medium slashes is a great punish for this. This works from full screen, so range doesn't matter.

d, u+K (not ex): -5, can punish with s.MK bnb or cr.MP xx light slashes, but you have to press the button A LOT earlier than you think you do. Gonna need to practice this one.

CA: - a shitton, can do cr.HP xx medium slashes or walk in and do a s.MK bnb, or do your own CA.

That's all I could find. I need to play some sets against an Alex sometime to get used to it.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

It's a former quote from the op which was quietly removed once it became clear that Kagemusha was a steaming pile of turd

ah good poo poo

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Hobojim posted:

Effort post incoming!

I got trounced by an Alex on ranked because I had no idea when to press buttons, so I worked out punishes for Necalli, maybe it'll help someone (looking at you, bhsman):

This is great; thanks for this.

VVV Does it? Seems unlikely considering his headbutt does 'only' 250

bhsman fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 30, 2016

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Does LP Flash Chop really have 450 stun?

Holy living gently caress

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Booyah- posted:

SectumSempra posted:

Source your quotes

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

AnonSpore posted:

I was trying to be positive. :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Agoat posted:

I was trying to be positive. :colbert:

Granted, around the 3rd beta there was some real praise for how smooth some games were, and what few games I've played online have generally been good. The issue is that the bad matches are real bad and there isn't enough consistency.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 30, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'd like to lightly choke every single PS4 player that's using WI-FI.

Also, I'd like to shove a broomhandle up the anus of whomever coded the matchmaking settings. When I say "5 only" that means I don't want to fight someone in the Bahamas on a ps4, on wifi, with exactly 1 bar of connectivity.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

bhsman posted:

Granted, around the 3rd beta there was some real praise for how smooth some games were, and what few games I've played online have generally been good. The issue is that the bad matches are real bad and there isn't enough consistency.

Good matches are great. I can fight most people near Florida without issue. I just wish I could fight UK players. :sigh:

A.o.D. posted:

I'd like to lightly choke every single PS4 player

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The patch changed the default connection preference from Any to 3-5. I've had bad luck with that, but 4-5 seems like a good balance between connection and time between matches.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm horrible at this game. The highest level of challenges I can beat is 7 for Ryu. The button combinations get too confusing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Slight spoiler for Alex's story mode: I wonder if the implication is that Alex is the reason why the training stage in Capcom vs Tatsunoko is so hosed up :lol:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
complex finger puzzles ruin the soul of the game

we need to fix the meta-game and prevent anti-fun toxic gameplay

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Has anyone determined a basic and easy hit confirm for Alex yet?

I really do not want to do s.mp s.lp flash chop because I'm lazy

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
are there enough zoners yet?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

inthesto posted:

You're not going to get much easier than that.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Is there still an IRC goon chat room or anything to find matches? I'm getting tired of getting my face kicked in by randoms.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Crayvex posted:

Is there still an IRC goon chat room or anything to find matches? I'm getting tired of getting my face kicked in by randoms.

There's a discord server linked from this thread where people matchmake.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Munsun posted:

are there enough zoners yet?

Yes, but I'm open to them adding more grapplers.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Booyah- posted:

Update drops in like 10 min. Probably still no direct input support, but if you have a te 2 or s +, madcatz released a firmware update that will make it work with sfv.

You actually can't if it's the chun li TE2, that's not supported as I found out!

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

So is it just me or does Alex's ex grab have grab invulnerability?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

inthesto posted:

Here is a compilation of combo/setup vids so far; I'm sure a bunch of Twitch players will be streaming with him later.

EDIT: Bafael will probably put out a BnB vid at some point, too.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

There's a serious argument that can be made that SF5 is very plain and boring, but honestly, I think I prefer plain and boring over stupid frustrating bullshit. After 7 or however many years of playing SF4, I welcome Street Fighter "going back to its roots". Most players seem to just be glad this game isn't SF4.

I don't really understand this argument. First because it implies a game has to be deliberately dubbed down in order to be plain/not full of bullshit but it goes a lot deeper than that

why would you willingly play a mediocre game when lots of good games exist and have people that play them

why would you willing play a mediocre game when you could play a bad one and get sick thrills from how stupid it is

unless your answer is "I'm justin wong/gootecks/combofiend/other and capcom money trickling down into my maw is how I make my living" you gotta look deep into your psyche on this one and see if you're really making the best use of your time wasting.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I wasn't agreeing with that guy, guy. :(

The input lag for SFV is really bad but you can at least turn off all v sync for PC.

Sorry, I wasnt sure if you were serious. I dont know what's real anymore.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

darealkooky posted:

unless your answer is "I'm justin wong/gootecks/combofiend/other and capcom money trickling down into my maw is how I make my living" you gotta look deep into your psyche on this one and see if you're really making the best use of your time wasting.

Not for nothing, but is your argument literally "If you like this game, you're either fooling yourself or a shill"?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I don't think you can really praise this games balance when A: it's only had like three months of total playtime and B: capcom constantly nerfs characters and anything that develops

I suppose making every single character interchangable dogshit and devolving the game into a bunch of super linear "he's using thing X so I do thing Y to beat it, then I go into The Only Followup" moments is technically really balanced because you can pick anyone and do about as well, but that's not really an impressive feat of game design.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

bhsman posted:

Not for nothing, but is your argument literally "If you like this game, you're either fooling yourself or a shill"?

my argument is "why would you willingly play this game you keep saying you only think is meh and doesn't offer anything that doesn't exist in at least one other fighting game"

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i wish that the engine of this game was literally ST on fightcade, and in that case capcom removing some of, but not all, of the option selects would be okay

someone fight me in ST

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Why can't I buy colors from the drat survival mode? :wtf:

edit: why don't they have premium costume colors for sale either?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
The quality of a Street Fighter game is directly proportional to the quality of Ken's model/sprite.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

darealkooky posted:

my argument is "why would you willingly play this game you keep saying you only think is meh and doesn't offer anything that doesn't exist in at least one other fighting game"

Their point was that they, perhaps to their own surprise, prefer the more simplistic gameplay, and if that is indeed the case telling them to play a more complicated game is missing the point entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Chun Li's red color is easily unlocked. #5 I think. Just use that.