Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Twelve by Pies posted:

Man that Ghost cameo in Zyuohger was basically completely pointless. It was also apparently written by someone who's never seen Ghost, because Takeru didn't go straight to Toukon Boost. :v:

They were both super pointless! At least in Zyuohger the Shocker Kaijin caused them to split the party in a way that was remotely relevant. In the Ghost episode, Yamato just kinda showed up for no reason to help fight a monster that Takeru had on lockdown anyway :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So are both episodes completely skippable crossover fluff?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Serious Frolicking posted:

It's not so much that they're skippable crossover fluff, as the crossover parts were like one scene in each episode, and the rest of the episode was a regular episode. It was just really pointless.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
You know what would be a really appropriate crossover for Zyuohger? Gekiranger. It's almost been ten years too.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

You can probably skip the Zyuohger one, but don't skip the Ghost episode. It moved the plot along and at some point I'd forgotten it was even a crossover episode until Yamato shows up.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How has Zyuohger been so far? Both of Kyoryuger's successors failed to grab me and I really want that trend to be broken.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Oh Snapple! posted:

How has Zyuohger been so far? Both of Kyoryuger's successors failed to grab me and I really want that trend to be broken.

I'm loving it...but I loved ToQger, so our tastes may not align.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think it's off to a pretty decent start.

It's a drat sight better than Nininger at least. Red isn't hoarding the limelight like he'll fade away if he's not on screen and the rest of the cast is decent so far.

Plus we just had Bolivian(?) Joseph Jo-rilla. And the sixth is THE WORLD! :v:

HOLA!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
my favorite incidental about zoogers is that they are roughing it compared to the last five or even ten teams. They don't have a mentor, they don't even have a prophecy speaking parrot to give them direction or really any equipment, whatsoever, except a handful of cubes. They don't even know who the hell they're fighting. Instead of a train/star galleon base or a dojo or a mystic cave, they live in a completely normal treehouse in the woods and have to argue over who gets what chores, because they don't have a robo maid like the toqgers had.

This could become some bullshit later but it amuses me right now.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cernunnos posted:

I think it's off to a pretty decent start.

It's a drat sight better than Nininger at least. Red isn't hoarding the limelight like he'll fade away if he's not on screen and the rest of the cast is decent so far.

Plus we just had Bolivian(?) Joseph Jo-rilla. And the sixth is THE WORLD! :v:

HOLA!

red isn't holding the limelight but he is holding all the extra poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He was always going to be the special one, but the show has kept it to a reasonable level and has yet to forget that the rest of the cast exists.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

He was always going to be the special one, but the show has kept it to a reasonable level and has yet to forget that the rest of the cast exists.

Hell, Yamato's sharing the spotlight even in episodes that are about him.

It's goddamn Bizarro-Ninninger.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 31, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

To be fair ToQ had a great villain cast to compensate for a slightly ho-hum team

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Every single recurring character in ToQ was a precious cinnamon roll, too pure for this world :colbert:

On the other hand, I also loved Go-Onger, so ymmv.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

jivjov posted:

I'm finding Zyuoh kind of boring so far and I loved ToQger too. But I also don't think the cast isn't really gelling with each other yet. Except for that Sela/Leo episode and that just tells me she dislikes him on some level.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfgames posted:

they always do that..or did they not with drive?

I didn't watch drive, but Gaim didn't have it for the most part. Only in the last episode with overlord Kaito. OOO's didn't have it. Faiz didn't have it. I suppose W did, but that's more of a result of the way the powers worked which allowed it to keep things relatively close.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Darth TNT posted:

I didn't watch drive, but Gaim didn't have it for the most part. Only in the last episode with overlord Kaito. OOO's didn't have it. Faiz didn't have it. I suppose W did, but that's more of a result of the way the powers worked which allowed it to keep things relatively close.

Did you forget that Kaito had a Genesis Driver for ages? OOO is really the odd man out here, going way, way back. Faiz too, like you said, but Agito and Ryuki before it did, as did Blade, Kabuto (sort of, Gattack is so late it's basically a power up on its own), Den-O, Kiva, and Decade (counting DiEnd's movie poo poo) after. Not sure about Hibiki, to be honest, but that show's main power up was about ruining what made that show interesting, so it barely matters.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

AzraelNewtype posted:

Did you forget that Kaito had a Genesis Driver for ages? OOO is really the odd man out here, going way, way back. Faiz too, like you said, but Agito and Ryuki before it did, as did Blade, Kabuto (sort of, Gattack is so late it's basically a power up on its own), Den-O, Kiva, and Decade (counting DiEnd's movie poo poo) after. Not sure about Hibiki, to be honest, but that show's main power up was about ruining what made that show interesting, so it barely matters.

Yeah, Accel had Trial form, Meteor had Meteor Storm, and Beast had Hyper.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
OOO had proto birth which isn't exactly the same since it's an extra suit but i'm counting it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Birth was just weird all around. Like, what the hell was up with that cgi scorpion?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Birth was just weird all around. Like, what the hell was up with that cgi scorpion?

Why does Ghost have a CGI lizard that transforms into a pirate ship? Sometimes you just have to roll with what the toy guy from Bandai shows up with, I guess. I assume that's also how Kiva got Castle Doran.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
To be fair, Ghost hasn't had the pirate ship lizard for the last 20 episodes.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

John McClane posted:

To be fair, Ghost hasn't had the pirate ship lizard for the last 20 episodes.

Didn't Ghost use the lizard ship when the Gundaris came out?

edit: Man I cannot wait for some hammy-fisted dialog when it comes time for the Decade Eyecon.

V-Men fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 1, 2016

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Beyond the scorpion being made up of all of the parts Birth can equip? Also isn't there another medal set made up of crustaceans or is that just fanon?

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Baofu posted:

Beyond the scorpion being made up of all of the parts Birth can equip? Also isn't there another medal set made up of crustaceans or is that just fanon?

Those were the black medals from Movie War Core. OOO never used them for a combo though, they just ended up creating the giant flaming evil Rider after whatever the hell happened in OOO's portion of the crossover. I dunno, I tuned out from most of that other than the Skull portion.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

OZC posted:

Those were the black medals from Movie War Core. OOO never used them for a combo though, they just ended up creating the giant flaming evil Rider after whatever the hell happened in OOO's portion of the crossover. I dunno, I tuned out from most of that other than the Skull portion.

I'm still amazed they didn't use those for a movie form, hell they haven't even got one of those magazine only SIC statues like a bunch of other weird miscellaneous crap has

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So,

Anyone watch Amazon yet? Is it any good?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

So if I wanted to buy Battride War 3, which is cheaper, buying a physical copy off PlayAsia or buying it off the JP PSN store?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

Every single recurring character in ToQ was a precious cinnamon roll, too pure for this world :colbert:

On the other hand, I also loved Go-Onger, so ymmv.
Hiramechamedes is unironically an amazing character, and for him alone Go-Onger is worth it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So,

Anyone watch Amazon yet? Is it any good?

It's not subbed yet right?

I do know the first episode is 40+ minutes long which is insane

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Burkion posted:

It's not subbed yet right?

I do know the first episode is 40+ minutes long which is insane

It also has fewer lines than an average episode of Ghost, despite the runtime.

drrockso20 posted:

So if I wanted to buy Battride War 3, which is cheaper, buying a physical copy off PlayAsia or buying it off the JP PSN store?

Remember that Amazon JP ships games outside of Japan at last.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

AzraelNewtype posted:

Remember that Amazon JP ships games outside of Japan at last.

In the end I decided to just buy it digitally off the JP PSN store after buying the needed Yen through PlayAsia

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's not TOO shocking to me, if it's going full on ahead with the quieter, serious mature story. Ghost is very much ADHD STUFF ALWAYS HAPPENING kids show type of thing.

That and the original Amazon could have entire chunks of the episode with no dialogue if you didn't count the narrator for the first half of the show. Oh Tarzan protagonists.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Oh man, sounds like it's going to be a throwback to the original show, I'm excited.

I really liked the original Amazon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

45 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02iy00hdNw

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I watched Amazons.

It was good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Specifically I feel like it should be mentioned that our good friends at Over Time have subbed the first episode

So anyone who wants to jump on the Amazon boat train, full steam ahead!

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

John McClane posted:

I watched Amazons.

It was good.

It was really good.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Specifically
I'm glad we spent so much time with Tokusatsu Special Unit 2. It made the overwhelming power of Alpha feel really weighty and important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatSinkingFeeling
Dec 28, 2006

Goons be damned, I'm going for babes!
So is there another place to get Ghost subs now that Over Time seems to have dropped it?
Or is that temporary?

Can it not be TV Nihon, or is that the only game in town left?

• Locked thread