Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Wait was this "ninjas must dig a hole in NYC" thing not in the comics or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Last time The Hand dug a hole in NYC Matt ended up getting possessed by The Beast which is the mythical demon/god The Hand serve.

They could also be tunneling into K'un-L'un somewhere the mystical veil is thin depending on how the defenders shapes up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Beast seems like it'd be a big enough deal for Defenders

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yes I definitely want the worst Daredevil story ever to make it into the TV series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I didn't say I wanted it, just that'd it make sense

I much rather it be Kingpin, which makes as much sense

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I just assumed they were digging up that big old urn that apparently revives people somehow.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Do we know who Stick's boss in season one is?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Lurdiak posted:

Yes I definitely want the worst Daredevil story ever to make it into the TV series.

I'm reading it now and there's a lot of potential there if anyone at Marvel has the wit to see it. Princess Mononoke in Hell's Kitchen baybee.

But it'll probably be horrible of they ever tried to adapt it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ufarn posted:

Do we know who Stick's boss in season one is?

Everyone says it's Stone, but I can't remember if it's substantiated anywhere or just fan wanking.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

zoux posted:

Everyone says it's Stone, but I can't remember if it's substantiated anywhere or just fan wanking.

Stone was identified in the credits of the episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Stone was identified in the credits of the episode.

Well that's pretty good substantiation!

So if anything, Stick's his boss.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Honestly I don't know how much we really know about the hierarchy of The Chaste. I just re-watched the end of S1 Stick's episode, and the cuts on Stone's back look a lot like the cuts Matt endured in this season. Maybe Stone was recooperating from injuries and that's why Stick is doing all the legwork. Maybe Stone is top poo poo and Stick is his bitch. Maybe Stick just doesn't trust anyone else except himself for the job to be done and done right. I was kind of shocked we didn't see Stone in this season, but they're clearly continuing the Hand storyline in either S3 or Defenders.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

notthegoatseguy posted:

Honestly I don't know how much we really know about the hierarchy of The Chaste. I just re-watched the end of S1 Stick's episode, and the cuts on Stone's back look a lot like the cuts Matt endured in this season. Maybe Stone was recooperating from injuries and that's why Stick is doing all the legwork. Maybe Stone is top poo poo and Stick is his bitch. Maybe Stick just doesn't trust anyone else except himself for the job to be done and done right. I was kind of shocked we didn't see Stone in this season, but they're clearly continuing the Hand storyline in either S3 or Defenders.

Iron Fist is most likely going to have a connection to.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 31, 2016

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
So...Arrow actually had a fairly good episode for once in a long time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna say the same about Flash but I'm a loving sap for time travel stories so my opinion might be skewed

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Longbaugh01 posted:

So...Arrow actually had a fairly good episode for once in a long time.

I might have to go back to it. I was basically done with it when Felicity walked out. It was the absolutely stupidest, most hackneyed drama ever.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That was the most cringeworthy scene. Made even worse by the fact it was literally the last shot of the episode. Both the happiness at seeing her walk again and the sadness of them breaking up are cut so abrupt you have no idea what just happened.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

TwoPair posted:

I was gonna say the same about Flash but I'm a loving sap for time travel stories so my opinion might be skewed

Yeah but time wraiths? did we need a stronger argument against time traveling to solve all your problems?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No but we did need an argument for "So if it's that easy for Barry to time travel, why doesn't he just do it all the time?"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

zoux posted:

No but we did need an argument for "So if it's that easy for Barry to time travel, why doesn't he just do it all the time?"

Yeah I don't know, he already let his mom die for the sake of the time, "because it'll gently caress everything up" is more satisfying to me than "tonally out of place deus ex machina". Ultimately I can't be mad solely for the potential of more Pied Piper

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I found it amusing that Barry has been repeatedly warned not to gently caress with time, has seen how it can go poorly, was warned AGAIN about loving up the time line, and then immediately started loving with it the first chance he got.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I found it amusing that Barry has been repeatedly warned not to gently caress with time, has seen how it can go poorly, was warned AGAIN about loving up the time line, and then immediately started loving with it the first chance he got.

I liked how right before he was going to go back to the future, he pulled Cisco aside to tell him about Ronnie and right then the wraith popped up on the scanner like he heard it and was like "This motherfucker..."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
So did Time Flash, even previously erased from time Barry hates Barry.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Flash this week had Barry doing the stupidest poo poo ever and Arrow this week was so stupidly comic-booky that it was borderline amazing. Seriously watching Mr. Terrific do gymnastics to avoid a bee in a large room was so idiotic that it looped around to awesomeness. Also a bee man made out of bees and the villain of the week just throwing out cringe worthy bee puns every few seconds made it worth it. It felt like the writers of Flash and Arrow exchanged duties for a week.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Barry doing the stupidest poo poo ever is basically his default mode. It's one of a several reasons I stopped watching the show so it's good to hear I made a good decision.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Last night's episode was really good, goons standard whining about realism notwithstanding.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
LoT cast the dude from suits as a special DC character to show up in the season finale.

My money is on Booster Gold. Get Gabriel Macht as Ted Kord and I'm happy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't think I mind characters being stupid if it's at least entertaining. Barry's time travel bloopers gave rise to some of the greatest hits on this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pretty sure they've said time and time again they weren't allowed to use Booster Gold or Ted Kord.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My money is on Ambush Bug.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

LoT cast the dude from suits as a special DC character to show up in the season finale.

My money is on Booster Gold. Get Gabriel Macht as Ted Kord and I'm happy.

Which dude? The younger, fake lawyer, or the older real one?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Skwirl posted:

Which dude? The younger, fake lawyer, or the older real one?
younger fake

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Kingtheninja posted:

That was the most cringeworthy scene. Made even worse by the fact it was literally the last shot of the episode. Both the happiness at seeing her walk again and the sadness of them breaking up are cut so abrupt you have no idea what just happened.

If by cringeworthy you mean greatest, most hilarious scene in the whole series.

"I can't stand you so much right now, I'm gonna get up outta this wheelchair so I can get away from you faster."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Haha wow, last nights Agents of Shield is such a Civil War lead up a team divided on superpowered rights!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not what Civil War is about though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Medullah posted:

Haha wow, last nights Agents of Shield is such a Civil War lead up a team divided on superpowered rights!

It's more Daisy turning into a cross between Magneto and Jack Bauer,

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

E: Nevermind it's april fool's :negative:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 1, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

April Fools is especially fraught for the fans of superhero media.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bruceski posted:

It's more Daisy turning into a cross between Magneto and Jack Bauer,

She's turning into her mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So many sites have reported this that I don't think it's a prank: Jessica Henwick has been cast as Colleen Wing for Iron Fist.