Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I want to play this game again, used to fly tempests/tengus/logistics (the armor one), do we still use those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

killstealing posted:

I want to play this game again, used to fly tempests/tengus/logistics (the armor one), do we still use those?

Armor logi will do you well at the moment

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

killstealing posted:

I want to play this game again

no you dont ks, mayheim will feel shame in you

Necros posted:

deadtear is that you

dont play either xiang!!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no you dont ks, mayheim will feel shame in you

But ffxiv is getting dull, guess I'm resubbing

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

killstealing posted:

But ffxiv is getting dull, guess I'm resubbing

uh uh uh ToS it's anime enough for you i think

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

he is telling us both to not play and we should probably listen to him and we will likely regret the decision if we do not

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
but if we don't play then how will we support our beloved friends on the battlefield, comrade

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Dalael posted:

That sucks dude... What do you think are the odds of getting it unblocked?

As low as our GNP this year.

Tally
May 26, 2011

The war may only last a few weeks so get in on the fun while you can. It has been a hoot so far.

Tally fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 31, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

(12:25:19 AM) Ogast :human being:: at least the women he talks to are still breathing after he meets them :shrug:

(1:00:03 PM) dirk_johnwood: fisule: It's adorable how unlikable he is, even women in his life want to kill themselves

These are jokes about my dead girlfriends, pretty hilarious right?

:eyepop:

D3r41l3d
Apr 10, 2014

Tally posted:

The war may only last a few weeks so get in on the fun while you can. It has been a hoot so far.

Might have to play some Eve since Star Citizen doesn't look like it will be released anytime in the near future.

WhiteHalo117
Jul 5, 2013

Surprise!!!
I saw a fat lady at Walmart today that I wanted to roll down a hill. It made me think of Test. I wanted to share that with everyone.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

D3r41l3d posted:

Might have to play some Eve since Star Citizen doesn't look like it will be released anytime in the near future.

A controversial analysis.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lucifirius posted:

Is it true that Fozzie was in PL or have I just been spreading lies? And if true then what does that say about fozzie sov?

When he was playing he was known as Raivi and was, at the time, a big part of PL's AT team. If I recall, he also was one of the active programmers on The Sphere program we still use pretty regularly when in war mode. That said, I can't confirm nor deny what you're saying about how he made the entire new sov system to benefit PL since we're at war and all. Maybe when it's over I talk you through it, but you seem to be drawing your own conclusions at the moment which is OK.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Sakako posted:

but if we don't play then how will we support our beloved friends on the battlefield, comrade

id say by posting sometimes but it seems like they dont even do that anymore.

they dont post, they have the comparatively low quantity but high sp pilots, the second post reads suspiciously like "more targets", their pets are incompetent and dying... things have really gone bizarro... heh

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Unfunny Poster posted:

When he was playing he was known as Raivi and was, at the time, a big part of PL's AT team. If I recall, he also was one of the active programmers on The Sphere program we still use pretty regularly when in war mode. That said, I can't confirm nor deny the rumor he made the entire new sov system to benefit PL since we're at war and all. Maybe when it's over, but you seem to be drawing your own conclusions at the moment.

I was so sure that the first message I got from The Sphere was someone hazing the new guy that I tried to hold a lengthy conversation with what I assumed had to be a jape-happy human.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you tried talking to CCP whatshisname (I forget off the top of my head) we have in our IRC? A Horde guy tried to and was a little sad whey they never replied.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Unfunny Poster posted:

Have you tried talking to CCP whatshisname (I forget off the top of my head) we have in our IRC? A Horde guy tried to and was a little sad whey they never replied.

I do remember his name but fear being booted for strategic leaking for saying it :opsec:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
well, writing it

cybertier
May 2, 2013
So those VFK timers on friday, is there an actual chance that the system can be meaningfully attacked?
I don't know anything about the geography there but "Fortress Deklein" made me assume that attackers would have to go through a lot of hostile territory to get there.
I further assume that they couldn't bring caps because of this and since it's on the goons doorstep they can bring whatever the gently caress they want, including stay-at-home ratting carriers?

All this wardrama makes me want to abandon my FW vacation and get back into 0.0

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Endie posted:

well, writing it

Don't post pictures of your book, that we can't buy until June. Or if you're going to do that, take pictures of every page.

Thanks.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

aw that's so cute you guys are like a circle of two having a skype chat itt

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Oodles posted:

Don't post pictures of your book, that we can't buy until June. Or if you're going to do that, take pictures of every page.

Thanks.

I wish it was my book: I only wrote one chapter. I'm pretty pleased though and I'll give my first author's copy to my mum with a nice thank-you for all that work with flash cards and winnie the pooh and stuff.

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

cybertier posted:

So those VFK timers on friday, is there an actual chance that the system can be meaningfully defended?

FTFY

If we see similar numbers to the M-O fight, it's unlikely that the system can be saved.

Service Charge fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 31, 2016

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

Tally posted:

God Save The Imperium! Praise Kcolor! Death to the infidels!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As an "RMTer" with a vested financial interest in this war continuing on for as long as I can make YouTube money off it, I hope the VFK defense is bloody.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hope my accounts are playable, i scammed a kid out of his birthday plex when i left

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

I hope the VFK defense is bloody.

Same here, I have 2 Proteus and a few logi that I've not managed to liquidate into sweet sweet srp isk yet.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

Service Charge posted:

FTFY

If we see similar numbers to the M-O fight, it's unlikely that the system can be saved.

That's Fozzisov working as intended, then? Superior cap numbers won't help with defending the system?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I would have thought all sides had learnt that trying for a head shot this early is doomed to failure? Though I suppose it's more a morale point, as the capital is YA0 last I heard.

Would either side's supercapital fleet actually be in range of it? Hell, I would have thought it would take 1-2 hours for hostile fleets to reach it via gates, so I wouldn't expect an actual real attempt. The logistics seem too hard, too far out of range from the current front lines.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

cybertier posted:

That's Fozzisov working as intended, then? Superior cap numbers won't help with defending the system?

I heard that PL has supercap superiority.
Don't need sov to build super when so many super owning players join your alliance.
And you can buy some more from poo poo alliances with HK Inc cap escalation money.

Hehe maybe this whole war is just to break the only opposing in supercap blob left and hopefully acquire a few more from the remnant of the imperium.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

Comstar posted:

Would either side's supercapital fleet actually be in range of it?

Krogort posted:

That's what my initial question was about. Can PL get it's supercap fleet into that system to attack there?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Krogort posted:

That didn't help them last time they tried for VFK, it lead to a humiliating flypaper trap with their supercapital's bubbled in their own starbases and an undignified inglorious retreat a few days later. I doubt PL has forgotten the fiasco they had last time in VFK.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
So what's a VFK timer? I can piece together that VFK is a particular (system/area) in space, why is there a timer on it?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Sakako posted:

So what's a VFK timer? I can piece together that VFK is a particular (system/area) in space, why is there a timer on it?

There's a timer because someone used an Entosis Link (sov-lazor) on a structure. The timer counts down to when the system either be attacked and captured or defended by using the same sov-lazorz on nodes which spawn in the surrounding systems.

It's a pretty lovely system for deciding who gets to keep the space.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

Sakako posted:

I'll give the answer from the perspective of someone who doesn't know a lot about sov warfare, but here it goes:
When something meaningful (Stations, Systems, Towers) gets attacked the attacker can't just take it in one attack, since everything would be taken all the time by suprise attacks.
The first attack on something creates a timeframe in which the object needs to be attacked again, in order to actually take control of it/destroy it. This timeframe is called a timer.

In the OP you can read about CO2 defecting from the Imperium at the end of (other sources say immediately after) a very big fight.
Instead of pulling their assets out of Imperium space after this, they seem to have taken a pot shot on VFK, a system in the region Deklein(Home of the Goons). This way they created a timer to conquer the system (and the station there) on friday.
While VFK is strategically not as important as say YA0, it has sentimental value since a past invasion has lead to the meme "VFK by ...", which (to my understanding) the attackers always failed to achieve.
Another strong motivator is that the system is located in Deklein, also know as Fortress Deklein, a region that is supposed to be very hard to take, since it's the center of Imperium territory.
Achieving victory here would be a huge moral boost for the attackers, since all former victories were in system on the outer edges of the Imperium territory and this victory would be right at the heart.

With this fight also being so close to the weekend I'm assuming that we'll see a really big battle here, maybe setting new records (again).

cybertier fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 31, 2016

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

WhoNeedsAName posted:

There's a timer because someone used an Entosis Link (sov-lazor) on a structure. The timer counts down to when the system either be attacked and captured or defended by using the same sov-lazorz on nodes which spawn in the surrounding systems.

It's a pretty lovely system for deciding who gets to keep the space.

So this thing is like a starting gun for a giant game of Capture the Flag? Huh.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

Sakako posted:

The good guys used a fairy laser to reinforce assets in the system and the timer is when they can come back and try to capture it. It's only worrisome as its a morale thing more than anything strategic. But it's in the middle of our territory and it would take them a long time to get there, even longer if we bubble the path there etc.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Sakako posted:

So this thing is like a starting gun for a giant game of Capture the Flag? Huh.

Pretty much. It essentially makes large scale fuckfests a rarity when in reality, it's the thing that a lot of people signed up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Pretty much. It essentially makes large scale fuckfests a rarity when in reality, it's the thing that a lot of people signed up for.

And then people wait 2 years between massive wars doing basically nothing in between?

• Locked thread