Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hihohe posted:

I would like a lot of seasons of SU but only if its done like jojo where theres a whole bloodline of Steven and they call it battle tendency or some poo poo.

I can't wait for cocky smartass prankster Steven and then stoic badass juvenile delinquent Steven, to contrast with honorable nice guy hero Steven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Augus posted:

I can't wait for cocky smartass prankster Steven and then stoic badass juvenile delinquent Steven, to contrast with honorable nice guy hero Steven.

Where will Goth, Angsty and Depressing Steven be in there?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MariusLecter posted:

Where will Goth, Angsty and Depressing Steven be in there?

Ain't no JoJo that fits those categories!

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

Ain't no JoJo that fits those categories!

Steel Ball Gem Run?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Someone on the SU subreddit (actually the same guy who made the post about storyboarder styles and an episode order list for AT that I linked in the AT thread) made a post explaining how the seasons are being split up

http://digamma-f-wau.tumblr.com/post/141978111987/steven-universes-5-seasons-and-exactly-whats

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Augus posted:

Kind-hearted and goofy but delinquent-looking Steven, overpowered as gently caress Steven, sexually frustrated and confused girl Steven, cripple Steven, Steven with four testicles.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm hoping it's the first week of June, that way we're almost 60% done with the hiatus!

Edit: Yay, 60%, yay!

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 31, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Funky Valentine posted:

Kind-hearted and goofy but delinquent-looking Steven, overpowered as gently caress Steven, sexually frustrated and confused girl Steven, cripple Steven, Steven with four testicles.

You forgot career criminal Steven, unless that's the second one :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hakkesshu posted:

This bizarre scheduling really isn't doing the show any favours in the long run though. It's the exact kind of poo poo that killed Korra.

As long as SUI doesn't become a genuinely bad show like Korra we are okay.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed Korra every step of the way and in fact found it to be better than the original Avatar series, so I'm sure regardless of what bitching and moaning goes on, Steven will be just fine as well.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Ramos posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed Korra every step of the way and in fact found it to be better than the original Avatar series, so I'm sure regardless of what bitching and moaning goes on, Steven will be just fine as well.

Liking Korra, sure.

But better than TLA???? Crazy talk!!!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hear korra 3 and 4 were good but after watching 1 and hearing 2 was also bad i can't bring myself to watch it through

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
same but I watched season 2.
At that point the show had had its chance.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Korra was a fine show with an absolutely hilarious ending.

Also Varrick.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Season one was good, season two was terrible, season three was great and season four was awesome. Season four however went over the animation budget and they had a clips episode, which managed to be still be pretty entertaining since it had a conference call between all the villains on the show and they all talked poo poo on Unalaq and how lame his plan was coupled with a movie pitch. Plus stuff that happened in previous seasons actually had really major consequences, so while you have major story arcs it felt really related. Oh and Zuko's awkward elevator conversation with Korra's dad was good too.

Funky Valentine posted:

Korra was a fine show with an absolutely hilarious ending.

Also Varrick.

He's just great in every season. :allears:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I like season 2's villain best. It's okay to occasionally just have a guy who is the bad guy because he's an rear end in a top hat. Also, I'd say every season on the whole improved after the last one. Season 1 in particular got too hung up in teenage romance drama, though the main reason why everyone thinks season 1 is so good is because Amon stole the show (who I might mention has the driving motive of just being an rear end in a top hat) and they didn't bother watching season 3 or 4.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So...I haven't been keeping up with this thread. When do new episodes come out?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
June, and probably will be airing weekly throughout the Summer.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Mighty Dicktron posted:

June, and probably will be airing weekly throughout the Summer.

Actually Matt's confirmed that they're not gonna be weekly

https://twitter.com/mcburnett/status/715296428554391552

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Actually Matt's confirmed that they're not gonna be weekly

https://twitter.com/mcburnett/status/715296428554391552

Given that the 3 months = 12 weeks and there are 24 episodes left in (the new definition of) Season 3, my guess is 2 a week?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Season one was good, season two was terrible, season three was great and season four was awesome. Season four however went over the animation budget and they had a clips episode, which managed to be still be pretty entertaining since it had a conference call between all the villains on the show and they all talked poo poo on Unalaq and how lame his plan was coupled with a movie pitch. Plus stuff that happened in previous seasons actually had really major consequences, so while you have major story arcs it felt really related. Oh and Zuko's awkward elevator conversation with Korra's dad was good too.

He's just great in every season. :allears:

You may now... do the thing.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Zonekeeper posted:

Given that the 3 months = 12 weeks and there are 24 episodes left in (the new definition of) Season 3, my guess is 2 a week?

What if it's 5 bombs spaced out :kheldragar:

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

What if it's 5 bombs spaced out :kheldragar:

What if it's an inverse Stevenbomb and we get one new episode every 5 weeks... three episodes then on hiatus again.

Seriously though, I don't think it's been confirmed the whole 26-episode season will air during the June-August period. I'll be keeping my expectations low. At most I think we'll see about half the season aired (2-3 Stevenbombs perhaps).

Bertilak
Oct 31, 2010

What gets me is that during the ads for the last bomb, they showed a scene that wouldn't air for 5 months. Then a large chunk of a major episode leaked online.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I haven't looked at the big leak, but if it's going to be two and a half more months I may as well just pull the trigger.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
It's pretty sweet even without the context to explain why it's happening

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if 'Summer of Steven' ends up being a bomb of bombs. Just dump 5-6 episodes a week on 3 choice weeks (determined to be optimal by the ratings prediction algorithms), and then save the rest of the S3 episodes for a season-finale-bomb months later.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

same :smith:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Why are three doughnuts cheaper than two?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why are two specials cheaper than the two-pack?

I can only assume the combo comes with a drink.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Renaissance Robot posted:

That's surprisingly common with "special" deals. I have seen quite a few fast food places where, for instance, it's actually cheaper to get a combo and an ice cream than it is to get the combo by itself. Just the perfect logic of the free market, I suppose.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

McDonalds specifically used to have four nuggets for $1 and six nuggets for $2.50 or something like that. So it was cheaper to get eight than six. I figure there was some kind of high level market theory that was psychologically conditioning people to buy more four piece nuggets boxes since they were getting a deal or something and the six nugget box was just there to facilitate that.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Just look again. You'll see it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not sure if... they know how loss works

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Loss Syndrome is a mental disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that drive them to recognize any composition of four squares to be an incarnation of the Loss comic. In severe cases, this can involve any arrangement of four objects beyond just squares.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ramos posted:

Loss Syndrome is a mental disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that drive them to recognize any composition of four squares to be an incarnation of the Loss comic. In severe cases, this can involve any arrangement of four objects beyond just squares.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ramos posted:

permabanned poster fetusstomper58 etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

:allears:

• Locked thread