Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a couple lug nuts, a jack, and a jack stand, plus twenty minutes, to put literally any other wheel on.

Assuming the P.O. didn't lose the lug keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'd buy it and then probably swap everything from the hubs out, just to make sure it didn't retain any taint via osmosis.

hedgegnome
May 20, 2008

um excuse me posted:

But was the guy handicapped?

oh drat i diddnt even notice that! i diddnt see a tag in the window.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Guinness posted:

Want to know the best part about those goofy exhaust tips?

(not actually hosted on autospies.com)

Peugeot used to do something wierd with their diesels.

Had a twin pipe sticking out from the bumper but it actually housed an angled pipe towards the road.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Puddin posted:

Peugeot used to do something wierd with their diesels.

Had a twin pipe sticking out from the bumper but it actually housed an angled pipe towards the road.

The reason for this is obvious if you've ever seen the bumper of a diesel.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Oh I know why they do it, just have a straight bumper and dump it without having fake tips sticking out.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

toplitzin posted:

Assuming the P.O. didn't lose the lug keys.

22 minutes if so.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

`Nemesis posted:

GT3 RS for sale... 0 miles, never road driven, like new!!!

Awwww look, the GT3 got thirsty.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Puddin posted:

Oh I know why they do it, just have a straight bumper and dump it without having fake tips sticking out.

Maybe it is to have the same bumper part with the exhaust "cutout" as on the gasoline cars, and to have something to fill the hole with they did that exhaust thing. Also, cars where the exhaust isn't visible from the rear look less fast.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MikeyTsi posted:

Now I'm picturing a Corvette bursting out of the water like a crocodile and dragging it into the water for a death roll.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Puddin posted:

My Peugeot has that. You cant see the exhaust without at least getting on your knees. Just a straight bumper. But my Peugeot is a family car and not marketed towards "performance" drivers so they probably didn't think it necessary.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Not sure if it's a terrible car stuff, but it sure is a terrible attempt to guzzle up whatever cash baby boomers have left (after buying '77 Trans Ams on Barrett Jackson for 7 figures).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2_FPuHbEtE

P.S. Burt Reynolds is so old now :(

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Nitrox posted:

He looks like he needs a booster seat in that car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Burt Reynolds was almost my dad. True story.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

Burt Reynolds was almost my dad. True story.

Is your mom Sally Fields?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spog posted:

Is your mom Sally Fields?

That'd be cool too.

No a long rear end time ago my mother's best was obsessed with James Caan. The friend ended up having his kid (Scott Caan of Ocean's 13 and Hawaii 5-0 fame). My mother went to visit her friend and went to a party and Burt Reynolds was there and took a liking to my mother but mom wasn't a whore so nothing came of it. My dad does have excellent mustache DNA so clearly mom liked that part of Burt.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Rhyno posted:

That'd be cool too.

No a long rear end time ago my mother's best was obsessed with James Caan. The friend ended up having his kid (Scott Caan of Ocean's 13 and Hawaii 5-0 fame). My mother went to visit her friend and went to a party and Burt Reynolds was there and took a liking to my mother but mom wasn't a whore so nothing came of it. My dad does have excellent mustache DNA so clearly mom liked that part of Burt.

Do you ever wish your mom was a whore?

Also, Burt is wearing blind people glasses in that video. I hope his eyesight is okay enough so he can at least take the car for a spin

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nitrox posted:

Do you ever wish your mom was a whore?

Nah, I mean having a famous dad might be cool but from what I've read he has a few illegitimate kids he doesn't want anything to do with plus he's broke as poo poo.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Nitrox posted:

Not sure if it's a terrible car stuff, but it sure is a terrible attempt to guzzle up whatever cash baby boomers have left (after buying '77 Trans Ams on Barrett Jackson for 7 figures).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2_FPuHbEtE

Ok, I'll be the one to say it. Wrong thread, I'd drive the poo poo out of that.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down
^^^10/10 would drive

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Ok, I'll be the one to say it. Wrong thread, I'd drive the poo poo out of that.

Agreed. And I don't even like muscle cars.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Automotive Insanity: Burt Reynolds Was Almost My Dad

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The only thing I don't like is the front end.

Dr. Klas
Sep 30, 2005
Operating.....done!

Elmnt80 posted:

The only thing I don't like is the front end.

You mean the mustache?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The only thing I don't like is it's a modern car trying to be a classic car.

It never works.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

xzzy posted:

The only thing I don't like is it's a modern car trying to be a classic car.

It never works.

This is the first not-a-Camaro that doesn't make me dry heave.

It's not great, but it's a lot better than previous attempts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

hedgegnome posted:

Bleh. I first saw the horrible wheels, then noticed it was a wagon, and thought 'no way thats a.. oh no.' :cry:

Not a V. Too tall, wrong front bumper. The balance of the world is maintained.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Wrapping up my honeymoon in Costa Rica and I think the worst car stuff I saw was on the same block noticed aftermarket wheels and fart can mufflers on both a Toyota Yaris and Echo, both slammed. I mean, aside from all the cars just driving around with no hoods.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Do ute's in Los Angeles County go in this thread or the other one?

lovely cell phone picture:

Having a 30 mile commute in the carpool lane and being a passenger 50% of the time means I get to see and take pictures of so much more of the glorious things on the road.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

H110Hawk posted:

For sure Mexican plated.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

Having a 30 mile commute in the carpool lane and being a passenger 50% of the time means I get to see and take pictures of so much more of the glorious things on the road.

Absolutely the wrong thread. Any time one of those shows up Stateside, it's a good thing.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

H110Hawk posted:

Uhm, do you know what thread you're in?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
If that's what I think it is, it's a VW with Mexican plates, like this one I saw ~6 years ago

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

davebo posted:

Wrapping up my honeymoon in Costa Rica and I think the worst car stuff I saw was on the same block noticed aftermarket wheels and fart can mufflers on both a Toyota Yaris and Echo, both slammed. I mean, aside from all the cars just driving around with no hoods.

Old cars with their hoods off is cool but new ones just seem pathetic that way.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MikeyTsi posted:

Porsche still hasn't gotten the hang of water cooling.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

MetaJew posted:

If that's what I think it is, it's a VW with Mexican plates, like this one I saw ~6 years ago

I wish we had these in the U.S. I don't need rear seats, 4wd, or ground clearance, just something with lots of utility and good gas mileage. Hey Ford, take your angle grinder to the Transit and make it happen.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Yeah well it's not like these ever existed..

My mate I do labouring for has a ~1 year old version. To be honest as a tradie vehicle they're not the best. By the time you put a couple of toolboxes and all your tools in one, the wheel bearings need repacking every 40k and his has massive diff noise after about 60k. It's still under warranty but to have to replace the diff that often....

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

I saw a Smart car converted to a lil'babby version of this and if I catch it and have a camera with me I'm taking it to the awesome car pics thread :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

hedgegnome posted:

Bleh. I first saw the horrible wheels, then noticed it was a wagon, and thought 'no way thats a.. oh no.' :cry:

Fortunately that isn't a CTS-V, the hood is missing the power bulge, plus he didn't do the V badge right.