Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Part of the treatment plan is teeth gritting and thoughts regarding England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

cash crab posted:

I'm so sad. I just unfriended a few good mines for IoSM for posting super-unfunny poo poo. So, I'll go to my other favourite source, people who share trending news with walls of text.

Imagine being this mad about a nipple four nipples

What cracks me up about people who bitch about someone else doing X instead of doing charitable deeds, is they are spending their time constantly bitching about someone else doing X instead of you know, spending their own time, money, and energy doing charitable deeds.

It's like the people who bitch about other people helping refugees instead of veterans or sending aid to whoever instead of helping "our poor" when before said event they didn't do jack poo poo for veterans or the poor or anyone else.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Here, have some equal opportunity.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

givin

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Picnic Princess posted:

Here, have some equal opportunity.

Awwwright! :pervert:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Looks like a joke based on the watermark, but I love the bong on the counter.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol at bitchass vets. You got paid when yu were in, what the gently caress else do you want?

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Henchman of Santa posted:

The bong is a nice touch. The watermark is the best part considering this was shared 100% unironically.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

*votes straight ticket GOP*

*is mad that VA sucks fifty dicks a second*

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Hidden anti-SJW in Hearthstone? Card name: Black Knight

So as you all know, Hearthstone is one of the most popular video games in the world atm, and as a medium can be considered mainstream because of it.

They have a card called The Black Knight in this game:

Now let me explain why this card is so anti-SJW. Not only is it called the black knight, but it's effect is to instantly kill a minion that protects others when it is played. These 'taunt' minions that protect others have a big shield around them to signify this. So basically he kills white knights.

Now of course there are numerous ways to think about this in another way, and because the game developer isn't stupid they would always support pro-left views in public. But I love how a little RP always leaks through.

Mirror vet like "Dale.... come on buddy"

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you've toked hard enough that army men start appearing in all your mirrors giving you rude looks the only way out of it is some 50 caliber aspirin

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That was clearly a .45.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Yes DUH that's why it isn't gonna work and he's just gonna blow his brains out STUPID

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

cash crab posted:

I'm so sad. I just unfriended a few good mines for IoSM for posting super-unfunny poo poo. So, I'll go to my other favourite source, people who share trending news with walls of text.

Imagine being this mad about a nipple four nipples

"Cunty Little Selfies" would be a pretty great name for.... a lot of stuff actually.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

And if the idealists begin to tell you that something is good, you can be certain that it will be morally reprehensible when it all comes out in the end. If the altruists say that something is a matter of civil rights, than you can be drat sure that it is going to be morally repugnant.

What the hell is it with Right-Wingers the world round calling the people they hate "The good people" ?

Is it their idea of sarcasm? Or are they just admitting they're shits? It deffo seems more a neoliberal thing than old fashioned conservative thing.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's $325 for a single person with no dependents whose household income is just above the filing threshold, and it increases with your income. That's as low as it goes, but goddrat it gets bad quickly as you make more money.

I volunteer at a tax clinic for low income people and yeah, there are a shitton of people pissed as gently caress that they've been slammed with individual shared responsibility payments (the IRS doesn't want us calling it a "fee" or "penalty" even though it is literally an amount of money charged to you for not complying with the law). Things get really depressing when it's a married couple with lots of dependents and nobody in the house had insurance. They come in thinking they're getting a refund and walk out with a bill for twice what they thought they were getting back :smith:
Beaten. Also, SIGN UP FOR INSURANCE. I screwed it up this year and now I'm kind of hosed, I'm going to need new glasses too this year and was hoping to get my teeth worked on. Could have signed up for a great plan too. drat.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If your suspicions about his actual level of taxable income are correct, his AGI is way below the filing requirement, so he shouldn't be assessed the Individual Shared Responsibility Payment.

If you want to help him despite his propensity toward making racist comments on social media, point him toward IRS form 8965. It's just one page--all he's gotta do is put his name and SSN on it and check "yes" for 7a, then submit it with his 2015 taxes (if he hasn't sent them in already).
The income level for assistance in this state is over $20,000 a year. Pretty sweet.

Blind Pineapple posted:

No dogwhistles here, no sir.

BrigadierSensible posted:

But it's not about that. It's that the "poor urban person wink wink*"'s vices, (expensive clothes) are visible. And how dare they have nice things?!? We worked so hard to oppress you so that you wouldn't have or even know how to enjoy nice things!
Do people have no idea that you can get clothes for cheap? They can be designer knock-offs or fenced or TJ Maxx or whatever but there are lots of ways to pay way less than retail. If you can shop online it's even easier.

This is an issue for me at the moment because recently I started studying Urban Fiction and there are regular descriptions of jewelry and designer clothing, and the only reason people look down their noses at that is because it's lower-class. Middle-class wish fulfillment is all about a job in a top law firm or summering in the Hamptons or a marriage struggling in a meaningful way. It's exactly the same thing but for people stupid enough to pay ninety-eight dollars for a Ralph Lauren polo shirt.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I’m not going to lie to you: I’ve been known to slap a woman around. I am not proud of it – sometimes I just can’t resist putting woman in her place. Often the only way that woman can be brought to a recognition is to smack some sense into her.

Thumping a woman every now and then is going to release some rather primordial emotions in her. What she then feels toward the man who takes a swipe at her is going to be more intense, more animal, and more dangerous. Slapping a woman can destroy a relationship, but it can also unleash a gritty passion. And, with the right woman, it is worth taking that risk.

1. Hitting a woman will offer an insight into her personality that could not be captured by any other means. Transgressive acts produce transgressive insights. Giving a lady a dose of corporal correction yields a glimpse of the feminine mind that could be obtained no other way. Often doing something reprehensible will give an awareness that would be impossible to acquire without risking such social stigma. It is usually necessary to become a bit of a reprobate in order to understand the ultimate nature of reality.

2. Corporal punishment builds character. Just as hitting a child helps to strengthen personality; a righteous whack helps knock the liberalism out of a smug broad. A good right hook will tend to smack four years of liberal arts right out of her head. A slap across the mouth, from time to time, helps to deepen her personality – by bringing her back in contract with traditional feminine roles. Daily life was never intended to be without pain.

3. The expression on her face when she is given that first whack is absolutely priceless. Like a Zen mediation student getting a whack on the back from the master’s staff, that first slap makes a lie of all the liberal platitudes that government schools have pounded into her head. Coming to a physical awareness of the cruelty of life does have a way of brushing the clichés from the eyes.

4. The kind of women who thinks she is too special to be hit is not the kind of female you really want to be around. For thousands of years of human history, men have beaten their mates; non-violence is the aberration in the Western tradition. If women were hit by their mates for time immemorial, then modern damsels shouldn’t be treated any differently. Just because a girl now has a cell phone and a stylish haircut doesn’t mean that she is any better than her ancestors. Sexual violence has always been part of human heritage and will never disappear – so deal with it.

5. Women will assent to physical correction. I’m not going to say women enjoy being hit: they don’t. No one likes being hurt. Any gent who claims otherwise doesn’t know the first thing about females. She might resent the blow, but the woman will still accept a wallop from the right man. Although it is not exactly politically correct, there are actually times when a woman will assent to being smacked. What is more, the female knows exactly when she deserves a whack. The true lady realizes when a slap is warranted.

6. Men who do not use physical violence will be rigorously tested and regularly despised. Woe to the man who does not react when his gal is out of line. A woman will never respect a man who fails to knock her around when she breaks the rules. I’d rather that lover would come to hate me than to think I am not up to a little violence now and then. Women expect a man to put a bit of determination in his reprimand. Real men not only hit women, but a gentleman always knows just how much force is appropriate. Only a wimp bothers to argue with a woman; a true man uses his superior body mass to get his point across physically.

7. When you hit a woman, you immediately remove yourself from consideration as a suitable father for her children. When you raise a hand against her, she knows that you would not ever be a good dad, so she yields to your overriding objective of keeping the relationship childfree. A guy who beats women demonstrates that he is simply unsuitable to have around kids, so you won’t have to worry about any surprises with the home pregnancy test kit. A touch of physical violence makes the romance more primal. (Leave the diaper-changing to the pantywaists.)

8. Bruises are emblems of our encounter. Look, it is not like I hit a woman every day; it is not that I cause her any real bodily damage. I just sometimes feel the need to leave a marker of my passage across her fleshy territory, like a surveyor’s mark upon the expanse. Not a sign of ownership as much as visual notice that my hands have passed across her.

9. Female erotic fantasy often includes being hit. In public, women will talk and talk and not shut-up about a society in which gents and broads are equal. But in private, ladies never fantasize about such wimpy egalitarian men. Women are not aroused by pansy-assed males, but by a guy with a firm hand. The men that end-up between a woman’s legs are seldom non-violent. Female sexual fantasies will often involve a male figure who can dominate her; whether that dominance is sexually expressed will depend on the extent of her socialization into the feminist agenda.

10. Slapping a woman is an act of tenderness. Striking a soulmate is far more intimate than making love. Should you raise a bruise, she will look at you with mingled dislike and devotion; she will loathe you, but she will be loyal. She might well detest you, but she will remain dedicated. Beating a woman does not make a girlfriend obey every whim – quite the reverse – but smacking a lady makes her focus upon you (at least after the swelling subsides). Raising a hand forces attachment, not affection. A women who is regularly administered the belt almost never abandons her man.

A gracious woman receives her chastisement without complaint. A seductive dame doesn’t fuss when she is set right. A charming hostess does not remonstrate when she is chastened. She’ll flinch when you take her in your arms, but she will press herself harder against you. She’ll jump when your fingers brush the back of her neck, but she will incline her head in front of you.

11. When I lay a hand on a woman, we create a bond. Romance isn’t what you see in the movies. Although violence against women is not exactly socially accepted at this moment in history, such brutality does make carnal knowledge all that more in-depth. Beating a woman is a sort of pact, a sign of a fleshy covenant. Consider my punch as the signing of a contract.

12. Having your mark on her changes the sexual experience. Just as make-up sex after a knockdown argument is more satisfying, so screwing a woman you have just slapped is more emotionally fulfilling than the casual variety. Sex with a woman you have hit carries deeper meaning. Copulation isn’t all caresses and kisses; if fornication doesn’t leave blemishes, you aren’t doing your adultery right. The most intense orgasms always leave most lingering bruises.

I make no secret of my proclivities; I do not hide my history of violence toward women. If a lady comes to dislike my touch, then she is always free to leave. I am not some Puerto Rican kidnapper with an assortment of teenagers chained in the basement; I take no prisoners. Feminists would have you believe that dames are as strong as any man – except in one area – although broads at said to be as powerful as any male, these bitches just can’t seem to open the front door when subjected to unwanted chastisement. If a female doesn’t like being nudged, she can always leave. If a woman stays with me, she knows what is coming to her.

Yo LoB, I know this is your gimmick and I'm a couple pages late, but this is the grossest thing that could be posted. I am literally nauseous.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I dunno, I think that dragon dildo from that edit of that Bill Gates image would be a better fit.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Madkal posted:

I wish my roommate posted his insane rants on Facebook. He just went on a long rant about how Donald Trump is going to keep the rape-happy Syrian refugees out of America. An interesting proposal and all seeing how my roommate also thinks that rapes don't happen very often and are mostly false allegations to keep men down.
I tried to google some info to refute the claim of some kind foreign rape-epidemic sweeping through Europe but sadly the only websites that come up are the rightwing garbage site he visits constantly.

I wish people knew that Syrians are, on average, way better educated than Americans. Culturally, education has always been really important there. Since they were fairly far away from the rest of Arab Spring, if they weren't educated they probably wouldn't have bothered rising up and wouldn't even be refugees. But these are people who looked at their government and said, "this isn't right and the power lies in we the people." It's as American as it gets (at least in terms of our cultural mythos). The country is also a melting pot of religions so there are plenty of Christians and Jews there too, not just Muslims. It blows my mind out of my skull that the fact that they are brown and some of them call their religious text characters by different names is enough to make these people suffer. How do you folks who see and deal with IoSM and Idiots IRL even manage? Hatred just crushes me inside, especially as I am becoming more involved in refugee activities since I live in a refugee-friendly city.

I guess it's just insane that a bunch of Syrians did what tea partiers always talk about doing and fought back when the government came after them, and now they hate the Syrians for doing the things they dream of. Not to even mention the fact that most of the fleeing Syrians want nothing to do with armed conflict and believe in peace because, again, they're highly-educated.

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 09:07 on Mar 31, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I never thought I'd have a Flat Earther in my family, but I guess if it'd be anybody, it'd be the one who's also anti-vaccination.

It's a two hour video of somebody spouting "facts" that have a fundamental enough misunderstanding of how physics works that even I, a guy who failed high school physics, knows he's completely wrong.

My favorite thing about flat earthers is the presence of the ISS livestream that you can see anytime it's in contact with the ground, for constant real-time confirmation that yes, the earth is in fact round as demonstrated by this object orbiting around it.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Digirat posted:

My favorite thing about flat earthers is the presence of the ISS livestream that you can see anytime it's in contact with the ground, for constant real-time confirmation that yes, the earth is in fact round as demonstrated by this object orbiting around it.

Nuh-uh!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Give in.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Christianity is stupid! Communism is good! Give up!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm 99% sure it's from this photo series about veterans and suicide. Lots of people are smoking weed to self treat their PTSD so the bong doesn't seem all that bizarre.

Sorry for the HuffPost link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/26/veteran-vision-project_n_6753902.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The only thing in this thread worth giving Lady Naga poo poo about is that she doesn't understand that Aiden Pierce really was the villain of Watch_Dogs. :colbert:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
A friend of mine (Red) just changed her profile picture, leading to... dumb teenage drama, I guess? Blue is her lovely boyfriend, black is some guy, and green was black's girlfriend.

Kracken
Sep 25, 2006

Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake ...
I'm in the red, trying to argue. I guess it's me that's the idiot.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Kracken posted:

God, that post by the "19 year old American Muslim woman" is so fake, even if everything had been spelled correctly.

"I had not removed my hajib in my life while outside. I tried to do it once when I was 10 years old, and my parents grounded me for a week".

10 year old girls don't even wear the Hijab at that age. They only have to wear it once they are full into puberty, so around 13 - 15 years old.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

Kracken posted:

I am a Muslim Girl. One day I did not pray to Allah, and my dad said "all Muslims must pray to Allah the Moon God!" then he beat me to death. This is how all Muslims are all the time. With their crazy moon god.

From their holy book the Korean
Mohammed 3:16
"If you do not pray to the moon god every hour on the hour I keel you." said Muhammed to the Infidel. He did it in a silly voice, gosh that puppet guy is funny, right?

I am a Muslim girl.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Laurenz posted:

God, that post by the "19 year old American Muslim woman" is so fake, even if everything had been spelled correctly.

"I had not removed my hajib in my life while outside. I tried to do it once when I was 10 years old, and my parents grounded me for a week".

10 year old girls don't even wear the Hijab at that age. They only have to wear it once they are full into puberty, so around 13 - 15 years old.

Ehhhh the post is fake as hell but this isn't necessarily true. Depending on the country they immigrated from and how conservative they are it varies pretty widely.

I've seen toddlers in hijabs, while more permissive parents let their daughters hold off until they felt ready.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ehhhh the post is fake as hell but this isn't necessarily true. Depending on the country they immigrated from and how conservative they are it varies pretty widely.

I've seen toddlers in hijabs, while more permissive parents let their daughters hold off until they felt ready.

I mean that the general rule in Islam is that a woman should start wearing the hijab when she reaches puberty.
Obviously there are stricter and more lenient families, but that is the rule.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
So you're saying that maybe one person's experience with Islam isn't necessarily representative of the religion as a whole, and we shouldn't base our assumptions about it based on a few folks with more radical ideals. Interesting.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

SpacePig posted:

So you're saying that maybe one person's experience with Islam isn't necessarily representative of the religion as a whole, and we shouldn't base our assumptions about it based on a few folks with more radical ideals. Interesting.

Uh according to this very real Muslim girl, everyone at every mosque she's been in is severe and hates America

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
oh my god shut up shut up shut up

here, have a thing. A not terrible message but the username attached to it is both hilarious and wtf

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

oh my god shut up shut up shut up

here, have a thing. A not terrible message but the username attached to it is both hilarious and wtf

That's the name of Britain's new polar research ship, I'll have you know. :colbert:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

That's the name of Britain's new polar research ship, I'll have you know. :colbert:

I thought the British called that buggery.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

This isn't that hard to understand. Generally, the people creating have been able to follow their dreams to some extent and find a measure of happiness, and find a lot of value in that, so more than likely what they create is going to convey this as a more important message overall than earning money.

Meanwhile, those hiring them in order to invest in the creation of the media and, eventually make money can sometimes/often care little for the overall message of the piece, as long as it sells.

So you have a bunch of people who got lucky enough to make it work, getting paid to make daydreamy stories about how great it is to succeed by following your heart and not your wallet.

Let's not try to make this something insidious, when it's really just our collective inability to imagine scenarios outside of our own and our effect on the overall system, and the ways our small actions every day make this the system we've all created together.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Krispy Kareem posted:

I thought the British called that buggery.

Rum, sodomy and the lash. Our grand naval tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How many replies does a single post get before someone is allowed to type "shut up" at the thread?

It seems to be getting more frequent