Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Drakes posted:

You don't need the apk honestly, game sorta streams via mobile browser. Much covered in the reroll guide I linked a few posts up.
https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

Thanks, got it running now.

Btw I added a translation image to the rerolling page to help other non-Weeaboos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Flail Rider is a new arcade game that's like a cross between Pako and Blast Corps. It's quite fun.

Also Wayward Souls have finally added their long awaited pets update for anyone thinking of picking up the game again, with more updates adding new modes an a new class also on the way eventually.

edit: also out now, Lego Jurassic World

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 31, 2016

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
There should really be a way to subscribe to app publishers

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there a decent poker game that won't kill my phone battery the way 20 minutes of Zynga Poker or WSOP does?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Miitomo's out for everyone now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Downloading and updating now... apparently, there are minigames? Nice.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Doesn't work on rooted devices though...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess we have to share QR codes to add goons as friends? Unless we stalk eachother on social media...

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

mrkillboy posted:

Miitomo's out for everyone now.
Not for everyone, "not available in your country", is it NA only?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, there's definitely 'gamification' out the rear end, which I don't necessarily disagree with; I mean, it's Nintendo. There's the option to spend money, but also the option to earn Nintendo points, as well as coins, or something, I don't know, I'm at work and can't play with it all day. I do appreciate being able to link in Twitter and Facebook to the whole thing to better find friends, and the face to face thing is neat, too.

If you do all of the necessary linking and signing up poo poo early, you get extra bonuses for doing it within their launch period. I got enough coins to get a Mario suit, which I'm betting I'll see on a LOT of people, at least at first.

You know, thanks to Google Survey bucks, I actually am willing to maybe possibly drop money on some pointless cosmetic stuff in here. I didn't do much for the money, I don't mind seeing it go for something like that. :shobon:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't think gamification is a useful term when you're talking about video games. Perhaps commodification would be a more appropriate term here, or something similar.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

skinnerization? that's actually a good term for it. now how do i make money off of coining this word :v:

e:

Aaaaand Miitomo crashes on launch for me. I really hope Nintendo isn't being stupid and forcing a crash because I'm running Cyanogenmod. It's a distinct possibility, I know, but I don't even have root enabled and I don't ever plan on doing so :ughh:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 31, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, it looks like Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2 released some time in the past ~48-ish hours. On Tuesday, the Install button instead said Pre-Register, but now it says Install.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Miitomo Drop is cute as hell. I got a cat shirt and hat.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Threep posted:

Not for everyone, "not available in your country", is it NA only?

Well, it turns out its still a rather restricted release. You could probably still just sideload it though.

the Miitomo Website posted:

The following is a list of countries with planned availability.

Additional countries may be added.

United Kingdom
Ireland
Australia
New Zealand
United States
Canada
Austria
Belgium
France
Germany
Italy
Luxembourg
the Netherlands
Russia
Spain
Japan

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 31, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

On Granblue, I picked up the SSR Satyr summon for my second round of ten pulls. Is that by itself worth keeping the account for? Or do I really need an SSR character?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Miitomo crashes on launch on rooted devices, but it also crashed on my non-rooted Samsung running stock 5.1.1 - until I uninstalled Superuser and SuperSU.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I got Miitomo running on my rooted phone. Using Xposed and the RootCloak Module.

1. sideload XposedInstaller 3.0 apk from here.
2. install Xposed Framework, one of the zips on that page (xposed-v80-sdk23-???.zip). For my Samsung with TouchWiz I had to use a modified one from here. Dropped the zip into the phones root. Install the zip from whatever Recovery mode you use (TWRP). Cleared the cache & dalvik/cache, restart.
3. Open the Xposed app click Modules and add RootCloak, clicked the checkmark to activate it, went into the Module and scrolled down and added com.nintendo.zaaa restart
4. Realise my guide is even more confusing than anything on xda-developers...

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I thought the silly diner event thing was the April fools thing for Granblue, nope. This banner sprung up earlier:

Manboat theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UTQUxwHNUQ&t=643s
That dragon , theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UTQUxwHNUQ&t=957s

Tsurupettan posted:

On Granblue, I picked up the SSR Satyr summon for my second round of ten pulls. Is that by itself worth keeping the account for? Or do I really need an SSR character?

Really up to you honestly, you'll definitely have a quicker start with more SSR characters otherwise you'll be relying on the slow trickle of event SRs to fill your roster. Satyr is a pretty mediocre summon as well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What the gently caress do you do in Miimoto? I made my Mii and told it i like pizza..

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

New Leaf posted:

What the gently caress do you do in Miimoto? I made my Mii and told it i like pizza..

you drop your mii into a toy machine and watch it flail around helplessly as it strikes multiple hard surfaces

its a social app, its more for meeting people, although i think someone mentioned that there might be animal crossing-esque updates for it with trading and house decoration

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Is the gameplay for Granblue Fantasy deeper in any substantial way than Brave Frontier? From youtube videos it looks pretty similar. I tend to be into these types of horrible gacha games but I need something more than just spamming ultimate abilities every turn. I don't want to waste my time endlessly rerolling if it's not worth playing.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

PeePot posted:

I got Miitomo running on my rooted phone. Using Xposed and the RootCloak Module.

Some anecdotes I've read suggest it isn't just an issue with rooting and custom ROMs: people with regular un-modded devices are reporting issues too. I'm interested to see how Nintendo handles updates and PR now that they've launched a product on a platform they don't control. Especially since Android is one of the most diverse and varied computer platforms that has ever existed.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Drakes posted:

I'd go for rarity if you're looking for something to use, like accounts with legfest exclusive characters or one of the big three summons(bahamut/lucifer/order grande). You can cherry pick other characters with surprise tickets for $30 if you ever feel the need to whale alittle, but legfest exclusives and the big three summons aren't in that pool.

I have two accounts with Bahamut, but they don't really have anything good otherwise. The other account I'm keeping right now has Rosette and Lennah as two of the four SSRs.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Present posted:

Can I get in on this? This game is so Japanese it's frustrating.

Sure. I'm going to wait until Monday so that i know what account is what -- then I have to figure out how to change the email address and all. I'll list everything I have available then.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Some anecdotes I've read suggest it isn't just an issue with rooting and custom ROMs: people with regular un-modded devices are reporting issues too. I'm interested to see how Nintendo handles updates and PR now that they've launched a product on a platform they don't control. Especially since Android is one of the most diverse and varied computer platforms that has ever existed.

i think theyre definitely going to ignore everyone with a rooted device

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Per NeoGAF: English release of Granblue Fantasy is 4/11:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202764

Shinino Kage fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 31, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone know anything about this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gaijindistr.theabandoned It's apparently a trending news article but I don't want to drop $2 on a survival game what with how many absolutely terrible ones there are.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Len posted:

Anyone know anything about this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gaijindistr.theabandoned It's apparently a trending news article but I don't want to drop $2 on a survival game what with how many absolutely terrible ones there are.

Trending apps I feel are easily manipulated by people paid to talk about their lovely apps in hopes people buy them.. wait and read reviews that aren't obvious paid ones.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Len posted:

The more fancy borders, giant text and oblique angles they use in the tiny number of provided screenshots to cover up a lack of anything interesting, the less you should want to play it

I've seen some games that don't even show an actual screenshot of the game anymore

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Lutha Mahtin posted:

skinnerization? that's actually a good term for it. now how do i make money off of coining this word :v:

Yeah I like that better as well, I was just drawing a blank on other "ization" verbs which made sense, and it seemed silly of someone to complain about Nintendo either gamifying or commodifying something, because they are a company that makes and sells video games and video game devices. ;)

Also I don't think you just coined skinnerizing, it's been around for at least a decade.. I know I've read about it in different articles here and there.. I know it's big in the "abolish public schools because they're making our kids dumber," crowd for sure. ;)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 31, 2016

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Anyone got any recommendations on something that can kill a 6 hour car trip. I dont mind starting an rpg or stratrgy game or something but i dont wanna burn through anything energy based in the first half hour.

Im completely burned out on match 3s.

I really just wish they would release fallout 1 and 2 for phones.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Philosopher King posted:

Anyone got any recommendations on something that can kill a 6 hour car trip. I dont mind starting an rpg or stratrgy game or something but i dont wanna burn through anything energy based in the first half hour.

Tales of Illyria.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

QuestLord, Veritas LCD and Fairune, though the last one certainly won't last the whole six hours by itself.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

King of Dragon Pass would keep you busy

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

80 days - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.eightydays

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

This will burn a few hours. It is an absolutely fantastic game, but I don't know about 6 straight hours..

I was both over and underwhelmed by King of Dragon Pass as a phone game. WAY too much going on for a phone, probably better on a tablet. It's ultra complicated though - too much to goof off at work with. If you're looking for something to completely take you out of the car because you hate all your traveling companions and you have a decent sized phone, that's probably the one for you.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Another one if you want some puzzle action is Transmission.

REALLY good, absolutely 100% free, no ads, no iap, also made by the Science Museum of somewhere, it's a brief history of telecommunications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lojugames.games.transmission

edit: turns out it's Science Museum in London, UK

They have a couple other apps too, which are puzzly and interesting. (also 100% free, no ads or iap)

Rugged Rovers - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preloaded.RuggedRovers

InfoAge+ - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishinabottle.informationage12

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 1, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

slouch posted:

Is the gameplay for Granblue Fantasy deeper in any substantial way than Brave Frontier? From youtube videos it looks pretty similar. I tend to be into these types of horrible gacha games but I need something more than just spamming ultimate abilities every turn. I don't want to waste my time endlessly rerolling if it's not worth playing.

I'm also curious about this. I burned out on Brave Frontier in a big way, but I'm still plugging away on PAD and Shironeko and debating if I want to try Summoners War. I only have so many hatpin-to-the-frontal-lobe hours in my day, and the word "Mobage" gives me some shrieking Fantasica flashbacks.

delfin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

ModeSix posted:

Another one if you want some puzzle action is Transmission.

REALLY good, absolutely 100% free, no ads, no iap, also made by the Science Museum of somewhere, it's a brief history of telecommunications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lojugames.games.transmission

I downloaded all three, but have only started with this one so far. Thank you for the recommendation! It is super simplistic to the point of "why am I wasting my time with this?" until you get to computers, then it picks up and gets really entertaining. Not tough yet, but very clever puzzle design.