Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Are their any, gently caress I've forgotten the word i want, recordings of stuff up yet I really wanna watch the Xrd stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's all just on spooky's twitch, sorry

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

AnonSpore posted:

Were you there

Because I was there

I was there and the Ohohohohos were great fun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Grats, you wouldn't happen to have a link to the archive with the matches, would you?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

I think you should be banned from majors. :colbert:

:yeah:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Everyone knows you can just add /popout to the twitch channel URL and never even think about twitch chat again, right?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

mango sentinel posted:

Everyone knows you can just add /popout to the twitch channel URL and never even think about twitch chat again, right?

Who's talking about twitch chat

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

Who's talking about twitch chat

Someone like a page or two ago, just making a PSA.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder who Kazunoko is switching to. He mentioned a week ago that NCR might be his last tourney with Cammy as his main. He got quietly marned in the death pool, like one of the very first kids murked in Battle Royale.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It should be karin. Like why wasnt it karin.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Necalli iirc

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Necalli iirc

Yeah I think I heard that somewhere too. Also, I wonder if Fuudo will stick with Mika long-term. The way he plays her looks like she has been possessed by the spirit of another fighting game archetype.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Romance is playing at WNF with Karin, I know someone was asking for more of the KoF mainers to join.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

According to Infiltration he is traveling to about 20 of the Capcom Cup premier tournaments. He is trying to win every single one of them to reduce the amount of competition at the end of the year since winning the cup is his main goal. There's 73 premier events total so his goal is to win about a third of them.

Infiltratiown.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm more shocked there's 73 events. Goddamn. How many of them are auto-placements?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
If anything that sounds counterproductive because that means the people getting in will be players who consistently place well (generally sponsored players) instead of a few slots being given to people who did well at one event.

Infiltration is the monopoly guy of SFV

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
http://capcomprotour.com/schedule/ says 15 Premier events + Evo for auto-qualifiers.

Tae posted:

Romance is playing at WNF with Karin, I know someone was asking for more of the KoF mainers to join.
He dabbled in SF4 with Sakura as well.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

iPodschun posted:

http://capcomprotour.com/schedule/ says 15 Premier events + Evo for auto-qualifiers.
He dabbled in SF4 with Sakura as well.

I just got a number from what I read on r/kappa so it might be bullshit tbh

Edit: the number might be bullshit, not infils plan

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Tae posted:

Reynald was also tearing it up with Necalli at NCR, Juicebox has been playing tons of SFV and some of the KCO (Kings of Colorado, decent tournament players) guys have also been doing decently well online, but I haven't seen them at tournaments yet. Interesting that a bunch of KoFXIII players made the switch, considering how SFV is almost the antithesis to that game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hobojim posted:

Reynald was also tearing it up with Necalli at NCR, Juicebox has been playing tons of SFV and some of the KCO (Kings of Colorado, decent tournament players) guys have also been doing decently well online, but I haven't seen them at tournaments yet. Interesting that a bunch of KoFXIII players made the switch, considering how SFV is almost the antithesis to that game.

It's a new SF game, a lot of people "make the switch" because it's that ubiquitous.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Critical posted:

I just got a number from what I read on r/kappa so it might be bullshit tbh

Edit: the number might be bullshit, not infils plan

I believe 73 is the number of CPT events in total (ranking & premiere)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Critical posted:

According to Infiltration he is traveling to about 20 of the Capcom Cup premier tournaments. He is trying to win every single one of them to reduce the amount of competition at the end of the year since winning the cup is his main goal. There's 73 premier events total so his goal is to win about a third of them.

Infiltratiown.

Does that even work? Aren't those slots getting filled either way, just on a points basis instead of an automatic slot basis?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

There are 32 slots in the Capcom Cup. 15 of them will be filled by the premier events which are all over the world, 1 will be filled by Evo, and the remaining 16 will be the top rankers from global/regional CPT point standings.

e: Unlike last year, taking second at a premier event where the winner already has a locked spot doesn't give you the spot, so Infiltration has already eliminated one guaranteed spot and made it so that that spot will be filled according to CPT point rankings.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Death Bot posted:

If anything that sounds counterproductive because that means the people getting in will be players who consistently place well (generally sponsored players) instead of a few slots being given to people who did well at one event.

Yeah, somewhat. It means that more consistent players are definitely more likely to get in, but at the same time, if Infiltration dominates the premiere events, it might actually be better for him if there are less unknowns who don't travel much in the brackets.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

pyromance posted:

Yeah, somewhat. It means that more consistent players are definitely more likely to get in, but at the same time, if Infiltration dominates the premiere events, it might actually be better for him if there are less unknowns who don't travel much in the brackets.

It seems like Infiltration's plans will result in more well known players getting in, and less Keomas. Which may be better, as there's plenty of footage out there of the top Japanese players, but there was very little footage of Keoma prior to his CPT win.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Infiltration's fiendish plan is awesome, I unironically love his cold and calculating Korean brain

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He's going because he likes to win money.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I guess he really wants that fortune cookie to come true.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

plus the guy is a joy to watch play, even if he's playing sfv

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if any US players will win a premier event this year

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
US players cant win their way out of a paper bag

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Justin might, provided Infiltration and Tokido miss at least one of the premiers due to illness or something

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Sonic Fox is basically Gohan right now. I bet he'll be OP soon enough.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Why do you all hate SFV? I just got into watching it and it seems much more entertaining than any iteration of SFIV.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

US players cant win their way out of a paper bag

I like when there's a room full of people chanting USA USA USA then they lose the tournament

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

teraflame posted:

Why do you all hate SFV? I just got into watching it and it seems much more entertaining than any iteration of SFIV.

Oh god. BRACE YOURSELVES!

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

teraflame posted:

sfv is great, i dont get what all the complaining is about either

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I love Street Fighter V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I loving LOVE STREET FIGHTER V