Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
Ahh, so a maverick then. Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
DBRB's pretty cool in my book

although his planetside 2 skills leave something to be desired

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakako posted:

Ahh, so a maverick then. Gotcha.

In the age of semi-competent directors he's a maverick but for those who remember the old times he's a dark reminder of ages past.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Fix Lag posted:

DBRB's pretty cool in my book

although his planetside 2 skills leave something to be desired

I unironically enjoyed all of dbrb's fleet i joined. I also like watching his stream when he play games.

Were I to meet him somewhere, I'd definitely buy him a few beers as thanks for the fun he provides.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ITS HAPPENING

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Endie posted:

The fleets we had logged-in, both super and sub-cap, were a long way from that zone. I mean, the imperium were never going to jump in supers when outnumbered almost 3:1 in subcaps alone.

I don't know the truth and it will likely remain obscured for some time, but I think it more likely the 300-super blob was a nuclear deterrent to keep us from trying anything sneaky with our own caps, and also to show the Serbian man with the small penis that he was backing the right horse

InternetJunky posted:

Against my better judgement I just re-subbed. I haven't played this game in a while though...when I log in am I going to be drifting in space with a target on me or will I still be docked safely in VFK?

You will still be in vfk, probably, but whether we still own it or not may depend on which day of the week you log in :v:

darth cookie posted:

Mostly it's motivated by a desire to do something for the alliance, but maybe I'm just speaking for myself. Having said that, high performers for various tasks (GSOL, reimbursement, etc) do get PLEX as a thank you for their efforts. That's not exactly advertised though as that really isn't the point of volunteering for those kinds of jobs.

I was TNT's reimbursement director for about 2 years and did it because I was out of work and it made me feel useful. I even got my team paid and never was paid any isk other than what the rest of the guys would get if they processed kill mails. That said, most larger, well funded alliances provide isk or plex to useful people. I just chose to give most of our budget to the people doing the grindy work because I didn't need it.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i speak truthstroof

xxEightxx posted:

If fleet doctrine isn't neut domis I'm not coming back.

Machariels are pretty pimp

Endie posted:

This one is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the stuff I've seen so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZMBo-QpYA

That's pretty great

Goatman Sacks posted:

Also, running just enough successful bombing runs to be put in command of a battleship fleet, losing it horribly, and being busted back down to bombers - ad nauseum.

He was all the way up to supers at one point

Ynglaur posted:

This is a very good description, actually.

I prefer whackamole

Xolve posted:

Pretty sure it's just because he has an undying eagerness do to tedious poo poo nobody else wants to do.

You don't fire an executive assistant who makes good coffee, you just don't listen when s/he talks.

I've never heard it called 'making good coffee' but it's otherwise a solid analogy

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Ynglaur posted:

DBRB also has a habit of getting unexpected capital kills. It's kind of random, though: he'll say he wants to do a short roam and you end up bumping a carrier out of some POS in the middle of nowhere, or you'll be told of green fields full of hull-tanked dreads with no subcap support only to find yourself shooting POS mods.

DBRB puts (put? i hear he isn't the same trufflepig these days :smithfrog:) the effort into finding the big juicy kills. He's the only FC that I know of to regularly infiltrate enemy organizations looking for targets. I remember back in the day, he would arrange to purchase a supercap with spy alts to draw them out.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Goatman Sacks posted:

1. Doing what DBRB does is soul crushing work, and he's done it consistently for like half a decade now.

2. He's not quite as awful as the memes about him indicate. His voice can be pretty grating though.

no it isnt he revels in the attention you dummy

yes he is

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
I asked this on S-GBS but might get more traction here. If reactivating and at 58m SP is it worthwhile for me to buy 10-15 extractors to re-inject in order to accelerate getting into Logi and toward T2 Triage even at the 200k SP loss per extractor? I heard that there's often a logi deficit ATM?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is there a way to check wallet/holdings on a character that hasn't logged on in like a year? Wanna see which one of my dudes had my stuff on it to plex

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

killstealing posted:

Is there a way to check wallet/holdings on a character that hasn't logged on in like a year? Wanna see which one of my dudes had my stuff on it to plex

You should be able to get the assets by using EVEMon and a proper API key. I've done it before.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

DirtyMick posted:

I asked this on S-GBS but might get more traction here. If reactivating and at 58m SP is it worthwhile for me to buy 10-15 extractors to re-inject in order to accelerate getting into Logi and toward T2 Triage even at the 200k SP loss per extractor? I heard that there's often a logi deficit ATM?

If you have spare SP you not going to use, money and expect to lose some of the extracted SP because of diminishing returns after 50+m SP it's not that bad idea. But if you space rich and you're not completely sure about that skills you lose, just buy injectors.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

yes he is

This is true.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

DirtyMick posted:

You should be able to get the assets by using EVEMon and a proper API key. I've done it before.

Right let's see if i can remember my character name/old email! Thanks 🐱

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

killstealing posted:

Right let's see if i can remember my character name/old email! Thanks 🐱

If you can't find them, contact support. CCP will bend over backwards to get you back in.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Since I'm actually contemplating subscribing again, what is the current fleet comp? Part of the reason I quit flying last time was I was bare minimum Baltecfleet pilot and didn't enjoy flying Logi every single fight (although I don't mind on average), and I'm still a ways out from having all the requisite leadership skills for flying a T3 fleet bonus position.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

yes he is

Let's be real here you're far more awful of a human being than DBRB is.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

killstealing posted:

The goon made eve thing does this, it shows characters SP, their isk, value of all their assets, and asset location. Even shows thd value of all your assets in x station

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

nessin posted:

Since I'm actually contemplating subscribing again, what is the current fleet comp? Part of the reason I quit flying last time was I was bare minimum Baltecfleet pilot and didn't enjoy flying Logi every single fight (although I don't mind on average), and I'm still a ways out from having all the requisite leadership skills for flying a T3 fleet bonus position.

we use the following ships as dps line ships:

interceptors
jackdaws (new tech 3 destroyer)
caracals
hurricanes
proteus
MACHARIELS

and some random support ships:
proteus again
loki
legion (instacane 3.0)
armageddon
bhaalgorn
vindicator

dictors/hictors are always needed too

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DirtyMick posted:

FWIW Skill Injectors are a little more than 644m right now, so unless you're planning on spending 6.5 to 10+b on injectors...

Alternatively you can buy Skill Extractors for 250m isk and suck the brain goo out of one of your alts to stick into your pilot you are training into a logi, but you cannot go below the floor of 5M SP.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Altran posted:

"some pirate corp called MOO", that's hell of an understatement, ain't they regarded as the best pirate corp ever?

Well I don't like to brag. What it boils down to, I have to imagine, is that 2003 was a simpler time.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 31, 2016

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Dorkopotamis posted:

1. How is money made if not through piracy?

2. What is SRP?

Seriously people the guy asks how to make money and you say "ratting," he has probably rage quit this thread altogether. :kingsley:

Ratting is easily the highest isk/effort because it can be done largely afk in a drone boat, but if you want some tears with your isk you can recruitment scam or try out highsec ganking (either solo Vexor+looter or running support roles for an organized group). I made my first (and second and third) billion by finding a PLEX-filled freighter and passing on the info to a CODE./Miniluv gank fleet.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dorkopotamis posted:

2. What is SRP?

Ship Replacement Program, aka we give you isk for dying for the swarm

with insurance this means that you fly fleet ships for free or better than free

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
EDIT: Double post

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I haven't played in a few years but I'm pretty sure I have a few PLEX and a bunch of poo poo on deklein etc.

Who should I contact if I want to contribute to the war effort by awoxing? I'd say I was in good standing but there are so many pubbies in goonfleet now that it probably doesn't matter.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

Let's be real here you're far more awful of a human being than DBRB is.

whatever you say bubblegum in an oven man

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

whatever you say bubblegum in an oven man

i dont know if I want to know what this is a reference to

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

:eonwe: its bad :eonwe:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Eonwe posted:

Well you see he is joking about Vyst's physical appearance since making fun of people's physical appearances, voices or mannerism is sort of his wheelhouse when it comes to insults.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

FWIW Skill Injectors are a little more than 644m right now, so unless you're planning on spending 6.5 to 10+b on injectors...

Alternatively you can buy Skill Extractors for 250m isk and suck the brain goo out of one of your alts to stick into your pilot you are training into a logi, but you cannot go below the floor of 5M SP.

Yeah the price of Injectors is what's loving me, I don't want to drop all my ISK on them. I was gonna just buy extractors with AUR and respec with a 40% loss, which seems like just the way to go to me, so fuckit!

Batts
Apr 4, 2009
Well, I got those 10 days to come back. The horn of goondor has been sounded :yotj:

Lets see how this goes.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZoDicnKWrg

LEGENDARY WAR MACHINE

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Batts posted:

Well, I got those 10 days to come back. The horn of goondor has been sounded :yotj:

Lets see how this goes.

:same:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

interceptors
jackdaws (new tech 3 destroyer)
caracals
hurricanes
proteus
MACHARIELS

and some random support ships:
proteus again
loki
legion (instacane 3.0)
armageddon
bhaalgorn
vindicator

dictors/hictors are always needed too

What no dps battleships at all?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

feedmegin posted:

What no dps battleships at all?

Glory of Arioch posted:

MACHARIELS

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

he lost a shitload of weight and his skin reduction surgery is at sometime in the future before his wedding so i gotta get it in now

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I always wondered what you had to do with your skin if you lose a bunch of weight

does it not return to normal on it's own?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not if you lose a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

:swoon:

Percelus posted:

Well you see he is joking about Vyst's physical appearance since making fun of people's physical appearances, voices or mannerism is sort of his wheelhouse when it comes to insults.

I miss hdef some days

• Locked thread