Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if the previous Dokkan Festival Events, will ever become the main event again? As in the Broly Event being the main event or if they just roll out new ones every time. Really I'm wondering if I should throw stones at the Buu event hoping for TEQ SSR Cell or just save them for the future Gogeta event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Wait, what links against Buu?

All of the raid bosses have a special link that helps neutralize their gimmick and gives a nice perk. Certain SRs and SSRs have the ability by default.

Broly's fight has Blazing Battle, which lets those characters do normal damage. Cell has Soul vs Soul and it reduces his regeneration, but is still less useful than stunning. Buu turns ki orbs into candy that block chains, but Supreme Power lets characters treat them as rainbow orbs and gain HP. Supreme Power (formerly WE GOTTA POWER) should be enabled tonight during the maintenance if we're getting the Gotenks stuff.

The lists are in the relevant announcement.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 30, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It's always gonna be WE GOTTA POWER to me, caps and all

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Echophonic posted:

All of the raid bosses have a special link that helps neutralize their gimmick and gives a nice perk. Certain SRs and SSRs have the ability by default.

Broly's fight has Blazing Battle, which lets those characters do normal damage. Cell has Soul vs Soul and it reduces his regeneration, but is still less useful than stunning. Buu turns ki orbs into candy that block chains, but Supreme Power lets characters treat them as rainbow orbs and gain HP. Supreme Power (formerly WE GOTTA POWER) should be enabled tonight during the maintenance if we're getting the Gotenks stuff.

The lists are in the relevant announcement.

I knew the others, but that's good to know. :)

I was just missing what the Buu one was. Didn't know it hadn't activated yet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I figured you did, wanted to rattle it off anyway. Been kicking around the idea of a new player guide and having stuff written might be useful.

I think it's kind of interesting that they're doing multiple Strike SRs for Buu's candy gimmick. They haven't done that before, just the links. There were only natural SSRs for Rampage and Regeneration suppression.

Also really looking forward to the failed Gotenks cards, they look like pretty solid Ki +3 leaders. Shame I didn't get the SSGSS Vegeta or Goku to really take advantage, but such is life, I guess.

I think I'm gonna run pure WE GOTTA POWER for Buu. Ultimate Gohan, Majin Vegeta, Great Saiyaman 1 and 2, and both Gotenks. Maybe replace one or the other with SSR Gotenks, Vegeta, or Goku if I get one.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I feel like a dummy for not looking at the News section to see the characters. Didn't know they were all listed. I can field an entire team of them! (Edit: gently caress, I have STR Saiyaman 1 & 2.. Buu is AGL right? I'm like 15 Bulma medals away from getting my TEQ Saiyaman 2 up and running.)

Ultimate Gohan is the one character I really wish I could pull. I need a solid non-Vegeta PHY, and he makes a hell of a leader and packs a punch. May have to spend some money on pulls tomorrow.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 30, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I had to politely request that Turles improve his drop rate. With an SA5 SSG Goku and a double Golden Frieza lead.

New Leaf posted:

I feel like a dummy for not looking at the News section to see the characters. Didn't know they were all listed. I can field an entire team of them! (Edit: gently caress, I have STR Saiyaman 1 & 2.. Buu is AGL right? I'm like 15 Bulma medals away from getting my TEQ Saiyaman 2 up and running.)

Buu is multi type. The medal one starts TEQ, goes to one of INT/STR/TEQ, then into the new PHY one. The character farming one is TEQ into STR on Z-Hard.

Additionally, PHY SSJ Broly is really good. Definitely worth the effort once you get a Broly strategy down.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 30, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Nice nuke. From the few times I got to try a friend Golden Frieza, his damage reduction is amazing. I still want SSGSS TEQ Goku though. Only 30 stones left, I wonder if I should burn them on singles.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Nice nuke. From the few times I got to try a friend Golden Frieza, his damage reduction is amazing. I still want SSGSS TEQ Goku though. Only 30 stones left, I wonder if I should burn them on singles.

I was pretty pleased. I definitely like the DR. I'm probably going to keep my AGL nuke team handy while working on Buu. Take any GF lead I see in to murderate Broly.

This gacha didn't like me much. I got Golden Frieza, another PHY SSJ Vegeta, and a STR SSJ Goten. So not terrible, but I have had crummy luck with the good banner cards lately.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

There's a guide on Reddit based on the Japanese run. Some of it is Gotenks dependent, but I tried to put something together..

TEQ Vegito lead
STR Broly
STR Beerus
STR Great Saiyaman 2
STR Launch (for her +2 Ki, was suggested by the thread)
INT Mr. Buu

That'll give me 3 "eaters", plus some decent STR hitters, plus Vegito's bonus damage and sheer badassitude.

Thoughts? I have the Strike Tien and Piccolo at SA10 as well.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 30, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:negative:

Next thing you know they will do absolutely nothing to celebrate Piccolo Day on May 9th.

And I bet they won't even celebrate it again on the 13th either!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

And I bet they won't even celebrate it again on the 13th either!

I don't recognize funimation or any of its inaccuracies.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Surprise World Tournament!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Surprise World Tournament!

There are only 1300 people in kami tier and above, myself included.

Rank? 1700 :-/

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Also gently caress you to the selfish piece of poo poo in first place refusing to share his Broly or even any card with everyone else. What an rear end in a top hat

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Surprise world tournament yayyyyyyy

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

Does anyone else feel like this tournament is harder then the previous ones?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They changed a few things last time to make it tougher, I think. I presume those are still in effect. I still have Broly, though. :v:

The DB gacha likes me today. Got another General Blue and a Devilman. Still want a Launch or Kid Goku, but I'll take it.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 31, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I feel like the exp(both char and rank) are higher than the last tourney.

They still can hit hard so defense still matters. No supers yet, and I hope it stays that way.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I got one run in this morning, and had to use a senzu on the third round. Team over in a flash had to use some of the 430 tree of mights to do Supers though. Shame I was only able to get Turles up to SA6 since the Tournament is more important.

DB pulls were both duplicates, General Blue and Officer Black. Hopefully the rest of the Tournament is better.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Motherfucker - died on the final round on my second pass through WT.

This is going to be fun.

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

Yea, I don't remember anyone ever hitting me for over 20,000 damage on neutral hits that are not supers before.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got General Blue SSR Kid Goku from my Dragonball summons, how lucky!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hey! What the gently caress? I played this morning with my first slot rainbow tourney team. I ran through the WT screens real quick expecting the same team and now I'm fighting with my third slot anti-buu team. :catstare:

e: vvv :negative: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 31, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The world tournament doesn't reset your most recently used team.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Two DB pulls have gotten me Launch and Bulma.

I did a yolo DStone pull and got my Ultimate Gohan! Super pleased with that. Should I swap him to team lead or leave UR Perfect Cell?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I did a yolo DStone pull and got my Ultimate Gohan! Super pleased with that. Should I swap him to team lead or leave UR Perfect Cell?

There's basically a fine line between stacking +ki abilities to trigger supers and +x damage that'll let supers do more damage. It depends on what the rest of your team looks like.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Gah, that's a lot of stamina wasted because of the surprise start.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Not doing too badly in the WT, should be able to manage 5000+ and 80 wins so I can get that Goku and a few dupe SSRs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

I also got Launch, but my second pull was the mummy guy.

And, I'm no expert, but I would probably put Gohan in the lead. +ki goodness

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Here are my non-fodder chars.

If someone thinks they can make a better Broly deck than the STR-focused one I got going, go ahead and take a crack at it :negative:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The obvious suggestion is to Dokkan that Third Form Frieza. Probably easier said than done, but such is life. Then you'd at least have two cards that give Broly +2 ki. From there I'd just add your big hitters, SSJ3 Goku, Final Form Cooler, etc. Kid Goku would be a good choice, too, since he has a very WT-friendly passive. Then you just replace cards as you get new ki support for Broly.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 31, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have Third Form Frieza. Should I be trying to collect medals to dokkan him? I didn't realize that version of Golden Frieza was any good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have Third Form Frieza. Should I be trying to collect medals to dokkan him? I didn't realize that version of Golden Frieza was any good.

You're using him for his passive, +2 ki to TEQ and STR, on a Broly team. If you aren't fueling a Broly, he's less useful over the Mecha or 2nd Form.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What are you guys using for items in tournaments? I'm not going for Broly kills, I just have 2 slots of full heals (Senzu, Dende), and 2 +Ki items (Satan and that dog-ninja).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Ghost User (in case Broly in first slot doing a super)
Senzu (two is more than enough for any round).
Hercules (or dog ninja)
Fruit of Might (for if I have a Broly friend)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fruit, Senzu, King, STR Puar for me. Supers are really rare, but I should probably trade one of those for a Ghost Usher.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Fruit, Senzu, King, STR Puar for me. Supers are really rare, but I should probably trade one of those for a Ghost Usher.

The moment you get wiped without recall in the Finals, you start carrying Ghost Ushers every time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

The moment you get wiped without recall in the Finals, you start carrying Ghost Ushers every time.

I think I got KO'd maybe 3 times last WT. And I'm pretty sure at least two of those were me not healing.

Ran into something strange, someone had a Supreme Kai on their team. I didn't think he was available yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I didn't think so either. He's in the character list, though. I guess they snuck him in unannounced (maybe unintentionally like Cooler the first time?)