Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I thought mouz were going to run away with the match there for a second, turns out NiP still remember how to play the game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
top half of threat's face looks like get_right. weird

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
Got a drop! :woop:

I mean, it's a cache drop, but still!

I just have the MLG stream pop-out idling at home, so at least I know it works.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

THREAT is second fragging

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Now he is top fragging

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

-fat idiot child +threat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

-fat idiot child +threat
They wouldn't kick friberg.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Delicious Meat posted:

Got a drop! :woop:

I mean, it's a cache drop, but still!

I just have the MLG stream pop-out idling at home, so at least I know it works.

cache drops are the 3rd highest valued so i'd be happy!

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

That 12-8 eco round got real harry for NIP.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Dropping items for...

Dr.Mengele

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Why is chrisJ so bad.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

Why is chrisJ so bad.

i had that fucker as my sniper

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

qhat posted:

Same. He's scoring decently though, for what it's worth.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

symbolic posted:

Why is chrisJ so bad.

well it all goes back to mouz failing every LAN event they have attended

e: oh apart from third tier acer pred masters

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

qhat posted:

Same.. after having KennyS totally screw me over 2 days in a row.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

-Friberg
+Threat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

What up now, Turk, woooo!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
"These guys are winning every single aim duel. I know what I must do, push bathroom close quarters while double scoped."
-Chris "Daddy Fat Sax" J

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Rosh posted:

I learned from the last major that if NaVi is playing then you should pick guardian, and picking anyone who is not guardian is a critical error of judgement

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

threat killing him with the ak while running forward like a silver was the cherry on top of that

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
That CT money management by Mous.. the gently caress

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Get_Right repping the skinny jeans boys.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Rosh posted:

kennys makes me sad because he used to be the posterboy for awping and now everybody makes fun of him

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

ArfJason posted:

kennys makes me sad because he used to be the posterboy for awping and now everybody makes fun of him

Are you really surprised that he gets made fun of.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Kwilty posted:

rip titan

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Poster boys don't tilt and cry on the regular.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
:sweden: :sweden: :sweden: :sweden: :sweden:

(not counting fnatic)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Kwilty posted:

Kenny Scrote

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

qhat posted:

I learned from the last major that if NaVi is playing then you should pick guardian, and picking anyone who is not guardian is a critical error of judgement

Had Guardian as my entry guy.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Rosh posted:

Had Guardian as my entry guy.

Given that Guardian is, by a long shot, the single best AWPer in the world right now, you should be putting him as your sniper.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
kenny scrub

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
There's no LoL on today and I live in Columbus so I'm watching the major.

Some questions:

Why do the players sit so close to their screens?

Is there a good explanation of all the different roles that players play on each team?

How did Richard Lewis get so fat? Do you think Thorin is embarrassed to hang out with him now?

e: never mind I know the answer to the last one, it's all the breitbart money

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 31, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
putting the kenny guy on all 5 slots
the dream team. boom: entry fragger top frag most frags and frag champion every single slot will be adorned by young tony hawk crossing his arms in a new school of intimidation where you just kind of stare with your left wrist jutting out like a hosed up chicken drumstick

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

How did Richard Lewis get so fat? Do you think Thorin is embarrassed to hang out with him now?

They don't feel shame

Players might have habits from lans where space was a priority maybe

Ingame leader, entry fragger, lurker, sniper and support are pretty selfexplanatory

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
i envy the kennys man. his skill with awp is maximum capacity. i desire him to teach me. i want to learn video game sniping from the guy whose arms are so white and thin that Carolina Herrera uses a cheese wire slicer to scoop up his skin for Wedding Veil material. i will spend money that could be used to heat up my tattered argentiniashanty on virtual stickers that semiotically signify my depositing of absolute trust on the french dark haired version of the nerdy kid from breakfast club for him to not break into chronic fits of bawling with a larger outflow than the chicago purification plant in the vain hope of attaining a garish and retarded 25x25 icon of corporate apathy a badge of honor that warns everyone not to trifle with the counter strike top #1 guesser

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fnatic smurfing right now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Sexpansion posted:

Why do the players sit so close to their screens?

Is there a good explanation of all the different roles that players play on each team?

e: never mind I know the answer to the last one, it's all the breitbart money

the firstone i dunno i guess you want to discern pixels as easily as possible and probably the game being intense on a round to round basis

like that guy said roles are pretty explanatory. Leader usually calls strats which involve which players take what routes and what to smoke off. Lurker plays unexpected locations hoping to catch someone off guard or when theyre running back into a site for the retake. Entry fragger is first in any site. Sniper is the guy that serves everyone coffee at the start of every round ("freezetime" called such because cs players often like iced coffee god knows why).

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArfJason posted:

the firstone i dunno i guess you want to discern pixels as easily as possible and probably the game being intense on a round to round basis

like that guy said roles are pretty explanatory. Leader usually calls strats which involve which players take what routes and what to smoke off. Lurker plays unexpected locations hoping to catch someone off guard or when theyre running back into a site for the retake. Entry fragger is first in any site. Sniper is the guy that serves everyone coffee at the start of every round ("freezetime" called such because cs players often like iced coffee god knows why).

Are the players ordered by their roles? Like is the top person in the spectator UI always the leader?

Also GetRight used to be the best player in the world, right? Is he still good?

e: also thanks for answering my dumb noob questions.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
no, no, no , no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Sexpansion posted:

Are the players ordered by their roles? Like is the top person in the spectator UI always the leader?

Also GetRight used to be the best player in the world, right? Is he still good?

ui order doesnt have any particular logic other than probably the order people joined the server or alphabetic?
get right is still pretty good from what i saw but his team, nip, which used to be one of the best teams in the world, has been on a rough stretch lately. Currently the biggest winners are fnatic so keep a close eye on them. Their opposition has been lacking lately and they show no signs of slowing down