Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Can someone please do this

with this as style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

KoRMaK posted:

My version of this turned out the same

:lol: i need to pick better source material

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Just dont :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/eXFufV3.jpg

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Woden
May 6, 2006

:stare:

Tubgirl + goatman?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

monkey posted:

Can someone please do this

with this as style

Doing this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

David Mincechell.

E: Bonus David Meatchell.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 31, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Has anybody tried larger than 512? I feel like with all the passes it could effectively blow up an image quite a bit beyond the original resolution without loss of quality but I was unable to get above 512 without CUDNN installed. I'd be interested for prints and stuff

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Astrobastard posted:

I tried animating one (its a walking mech avatar from BARONS GBS Avatar thread)

http://i.imgur.com/pNxA5AU.webm

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffucq.

I think i know someone who may want this.

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

Close the world, Open the nExt

oh god, thats disturbing.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Just lemme eatcha, one time
Ay yi yiiii
OOOH YEAAAAAAA

:911:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Paladinus posted:

So that's what chiseled face means. :v:

Yeah, she's lookin' sharp.

So great, thanks!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Has anybody tried larger than 512? I feel like with all the passes it could effectively blow up an image quite a bit beyond the original resolution without loss of quality but I was unable to get above 512 without CUDNN installed. I'd be interested for prints and stuff

I've done a few larger than 512. Memory is the issue. CudaNN helps with that. You get tons of lost quality, but you're not trying to replicate the original, so the quality loss is just part of the new image.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

David Cameron plus Baked Beans

Audrey Hepburn in the style of David Hockney

Stoatbringer fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 31, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Centripetal Horse posted:

I've done a few larger than 512. Memory is the issue. CudaNN helps with that. You get tons of lost quality, but you're not trying to replicate the original, so the quality loss is just part of the new image.

Er yeah thats what I was imagining I worded it poorly, but im glad to hear it works. How large did you do? I seriously couldn't make anything even a tiny bit above 512 with 6gb of vram. I wish I knew what was going wrong with the cudann thing, I imagine its just some super simple issue but having zero knowledge of what the strings im typing actually do or mean isn't helping.

I was consider using that image embiggener software but I can't remember what it was called, does anybody know? It was something that could make any image any size using some kind of algorithm and the results could be fantastic depending on the source.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Requesting a blend or w/e we're calling these.

This source:

And this style:

Thanks in advance. I hope it looks super rad.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

art

and

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 31, 2016

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Requesting this mashup

+

Thanks in advance!

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Er yeah thats what I was imagining I worded it poorly, but im glad to hear it works. How large did you do? I seriously couldn't make anything even a tiny bit above 512 with 6gb of vram. I wish I knew what was going wrong with the cudann thing, I imagine its just some super simple issue but having zero knowledge of what the strings im typing actually do or mean isn't helping.

I was consider using that image embiggener software but I can't remember what it was called, does anybody know? It was something that could make any image any size using some kind of algorithm and the results could be fantastic depending on the source.

There are a number of resizing solutions available. Another option, which might work OK for some of these images that have a lot of clear lines and sharp angles, is to run it through a vectorizer. Once the image is in a vector format, you can export it to any size with no loss of quality, although there may be some loss in the process fo converting it to a vector image.

I am running this one, again, with different parameters.

This reminds me of another project of mine that's along these lines:

http://imgur.com/yN7gyEU http://imgur.com/4JCEOyc

It slaps random polygons onto a canvas until they start to look the reference image. It also exports in SVG, so I can blow the results up to any size. The last couple actually look MUCH better in the software, because I introduced a rounding error or something into the SVG export at some point.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Just lemme eatcha, one time
Ay yi yiiii

There are a number of resizing solutions available. Another option, which might work OK for some of these images that have a lot of clear lines and sharp angles, is to run it through a vectorizer. Once the image is in a vector format, you can export it to any size with no loss of quality, although there may be some loss in the process fo converting it to a vector image.

I am running this one, again, with different parameters.

This reminds me of another project of mine that's along these lines:

http://imgur.com/yN7gyEU http://imgur.com/4JCEOyc

It slaps random polygons onto a canvas until they start to look the reference image. It also exports in SVG, so I can blow the results up to any size. The last couple actually look MUCH better in the software, because I introduced a rounding error or something into the SVG export at some point.

That is so cool! Are you going to release it in some way so we can mess around with it?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

PoopSok posted:

That is so cool! Are you going to release it in some way so we can mess around with it?

If I get around to it, I might. The code is a bit of a mess. I was in the middle of making a ton of changes, and borked some stuff, and rolled it back, then added back on. It works fine, but the code is not great, and the SVG export isn't perfect. I'm not sure what I changed in that, but the SVGs no longer perfectly match the images. I should have used Git or something on that project.

Edit: A personal favorite of mine from that project:

The other version of Emo Octo:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hey Centripetal Horse - I have a volume and stuff working, how do I use it on a spot instance so I can start saving money?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

KoRMaK posted:

Hey Centripetal Horse - I have a volume and stuff working, how do I use it on a spot instance so I can start saving money?

Right now, you don't. Spot prices have been crazy all day. It's the worst I've seen since I started playing with the g2 units. Last time I looked the spot price in two of the regions was over $6 an hour. I have a hypothesis about what causes that, but I don't know for certain.

However, the steps are approximately this:
In your instances list, right-click on the instance, and go to "Image->Create image." After a couple more steps, you will have an AMI that you can use when you spin up new instances. When you request a spot instance, go to "My AMIs" and select the AMI you just made as the basis for the new instance.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

David Mincechell.

E: Bonus David Meatchell.

ahahaha drat

now please do pizza gross face

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Hogge Wild posted:

ahahaha drat

now please do pizza gross face

I can do that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Right now, you don't. Spot prices have been crazy all day. It's the worst I've seen since I started playing with the g2 units. Last time I looked the spot price in two of the regions was over $6 an hour. I have a hypothesis about what causes that, but I don't know for certain.

However, the steps are approximately this:
In your instances list, right-click on the instance, and go to "Image->Create image." After a couple more steps, you will have an AMI that you can use when you spin up new instances. When you request a spot instance, go to "My AMIs" and select the AMI you just made as the basis for the new instance.

Ah ok, so its not about just attaching the volume, it's gotta be an AMI.

Also, fyi everybody. Someone in yospos made me aware that there is an existing AMI in the north viringia region that has everything you need immediately and can be used on spot instances (which they said they were using)

Gobbeldygook posted:

i don't know what "attaching the volume" means, i have no idea what i'm doing. i searched for "ami-84c787ee" in the instance search thingy, started an instance, it spent a couple minutes starting it (possibly installing software? i dunno) and started typing commands into the command line.

What this means is that if you have a credit card and can click diligently and persevere you too can run your own server to spit this out in 10 minutes or less. Good luck figuring out the other linuxy stuff to transfer files back and forth (check my earlier post for tips). And thats it!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

I found a program called Perfect Resize it seems to work well

used this as test

I thought I was seeing pixels everywhere but after zooming in on the original I can actually see thats just what it looks like. At any rate if I make one of these images I really, really like I can put a little work into some "post processing" (quotes because i dont know poo poo about it) and make a poster or something. edit: or more likely an artsy rasterbation since I only have free access to high quality laser printers that print in 8x11

lol

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 31, 2016

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bill Cosby and Spoon Worms.
They're sea creatures but they look a bit like penises so :nws:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Stoatbringer posted:

David Cameron plus Baked Beans

David Cameron plus a pig's severed head would be more appropriate.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

YESSS YESSS YESS!!!!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

it's incredible

it looks exactly the loving same

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

somehow he is less greasy

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

The second one is even more disgusting.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug