Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Drythe posted:

I always wondered what you had to do with your skin if you lose a bunch of weight

does it not return to normal on it's own?

It Depends(tm)

Also I just found out 75% of my money is in the shape of a fitted tengu, tempest, and some drakes. In and around VFK. Am I hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ccp is really milking this https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/eve-onlines-growing-new-great-war-the-battle-of-m-oee8/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:laffo:

holy poo poo, they're brainwashed with the r/eve propaganda too.

The most unprecedented thing after this :airquote: extinction event :airquote: will be the magnitude of our dickswinging

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

turns out the secret investor behind THE MERC WARS is hilmar trying to save his ded game

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

killstealing posted:

It Depends(tm)

Also I just found out 75% of my money is in the shape of a fitted tengu, tempest, and some drakes. In and around VFK. Am I hosed?

nope if you're blue to us that's probably the best place to have all your assets. Step 2 is to bust them all down to parts, ship them to jita to sell, then use the cash from that to buy updated doctrine ships

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I should be blue but my GF account just denied me access so I'm a bit wary of logging in.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

At least someone over there seems to realize that this sort of poo poo is why most people play

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

killstealing posted:

I should be blue but my GF account just denied me access so I'm a bit wary of logging in.

if you're in a station its fine to log in also drat it ks

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

quote:

~TL;DR~

The largest coalition in the game decided to take a poke at the numerically inferior Low Sec alliances. Instead of crumbling as expected to the superpower, they banded together and pushed them back out of their area of space, taking all of the big coalition's income in the area as they did.

Once people saw it was possible to beat this super-coalition, most of the player groups in the game decided to band together, with encouragement from the enormously rich I Want Isk (IWI) gambling organisation who have grievances with the super-coalitions's component alliances.

Today marked a major victory in taking the strategically important staging system of one of the super-coalition's player groups which caused that group to flip sides to the attackers.

:laffo:

The best part of this is them saying that IWI is "encouraging" the groups to come at us. That's a kind way of putting it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm sorry

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Last time I played I made my fortune finding finished, abandoned anoms and dropping MTUs to scoop the loot. Is this still ok to do?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Huh. So that's what it looks like to Redditors.

I hope we win this war. The smug would block out the sun.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Zero posted:

turns out the secret investor behind THE MERC WARS is hilmar trying to save his ded game

Realtalk, I would be legit saddened if EVE finally did shut down. For better or worse, there really is nothing else like it out there, and the future seems to hold yet an endless stream of attempted WoW clones with the interesting ones being canned (EQ Next) and the rest turning into lovely pay 2 win cash grabs.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Morris posted:

Seriously people the guy asks how to make money and you say "ratting," he has probably rage quit this thread altogether. :kingsley:

Ratting is easily the highest isk/effort because it can be done largely afk in a drone boat, but if you want some tears with your isk you can recruitment scam or try out highsec ganking (either solo Vexor+looter or running support roles for an organized group). I made my first (and second and third) billion by finding a PLEX-filled freighter and passing on the info to a CODE./Miniluv gank fleet.

Vexor ganking is a great way to make money, but it's prone to being hosed with (people steal your loot), and requires a bit of start up (1-2 Vexor pilots, 1 scanner, 1 DST pilot) and money (1b +/- for vexors, the scanner ships and the DST).

If you're eligible to join MiniLuv, scanning pays out 50m + 5% of scooped loot (capped at 500m) for every freighter you scout. I know some guys making upwards for 5-6b a month, and in our biggest month we paid out some 15b isk in bounties. Join MiniLuv Today! We also have a scam contract program if you're motivated enough for that, which pays out relatively well.

InternetJunky posted:

Last time I played I made my fortune finding finished, abandoned anoms and dropping MTUs to scoop the loot. Is this still ok to do?

If the anom is empty, it's all yours.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

When he was playing he was known as Raivi and was, at the time, a big part of PL's AT team. If I recall, he also was one of the active programmers on The Sphere program we still use pretty regularly when in war mode. That said, I can't confirm nor deny what you're saying about how he made the entire new sov system to benefit PL since we're at war and all. Maybe when it's over I talk you through it, but you seem to be drawing your own conclusions at the moment which is OK.

Well I don't know much about Fozzie's game experience other than what I've heard about him being in PL at some point in time. I think it's at least somewhat suspicious or funny because of his history.

I have no idea what The Sphere is, but from what I could tell from a few quick google searches it's a fitting tool?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

copy and paste please!!!!! I don't click on kotaku links

One of my videos was apparently embedded by Kotaku. I wish I was making that up.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Assuming we survive the onslaught and can outlast the tenuous shitler alliance arrayed against us, I think we need to coax Warr Akini out of retirement and burn every major trade hub in New Eden to the ground and salt the ashes. For at least a solid month.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I don't know how EVE is played nor what half the stuff in the second post is about, but I am always enthralled with goonswarm news in gaming blogs and reading that second post was like the opening segment of a Star Wars movie.

This is what it must look like to see the Rebellion through the eyes of the Empire

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Wow NM I'm on digi's ban list, sorry deadtear

k3dj
Aug 21, 2015

Huge_Midget posted:

Assuming we survive the onslaught and can outlast the tenuous shitler alliance arrayed against us, I think we need to coax Warr Akini out of retirement and burn every major trade hub in New Eden to the ground and salt the ashes. For at least a solid month.

we make our own jita with citadels

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

killstealing posted:

Wow NM I'm on digi's ban list, sorry deadtear

what did you do

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever happened to TheAdj, he hasn't posted a kill in two years... did he win eve forever?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Probably lived in Alberta

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

Whatever happened to TheAdj, he hasn't posted a kill in two years... did he win eve forever?

yep

rip thedadj you were too unironically racist for this galaxy

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Well my last login was in 2013 and I can't remember anything, but I asked newbies@gf!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lucifirius posted:

Well I don't know much about Fozzie's game experience other than what I've heard about him being in PL at some point in time. I think it's at least somewhat suspicious or funny because of his history.

I have no idea what The Sphere is, but from what I could tell from a few quick google searches it's a fitting tool?

If you're suspicious of Fozzie's past in playing with PL and then being hired by CCP, then you should be equally suspicious of the ex-members of Goons ending up doing the same thing. You should also be incredibly suspicious of the TEST guy CCP hired to manage the CSM since he could have lied to them to benefit TEST in-game :tinfoil:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

If you're suspicious of Fozzie's past in playing with PL and then being hired by CCP, then you should be equally suspicious of the ex-members of Goons ending up doing the same thing. You should also be incredibly suspicious of the TEST guy CCP hired to manage the CSM since he could have lied to them to benefit TEST in-game :tinfoil:

all goons that were at ccp have long since departed Fart Water Island for actual jobs at riot or soe

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well I've never heard of which ones were in TEST or GSF, and definitely none of them have their name attached to a release ala 'fozzie sov'.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

lucifirius posted:

Well I've never heard of which ones were in TEST or GSF, and definitely none of them have their name attached to a release ala 'fozzie sov'.

that a bunch of bad posters attach someone's name to a thing a team of people made means nothing at all

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
I only know of DJ being a goon in CCP services, and he quit long time ago.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

Fart Water Island

:eyepop:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Hubbl3 posted:

I only know of DJ being a goon in CCP services, and he quit long time ago.

Stoffer was too

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

lucifirius posted:

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?6783-CCP-Decision-on-B-Teams&p=466523&viewfull=1#post466523
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/sphere/

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm diggin' all the old names coming back.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

that a bunch of bad posters attach someone's name to a thing a team of people made means nothing at all

:agreed:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm diggin' all the old names coming back.

Between VFK being under siege and a chance to shoot PL smughitlers, TEST creepshots apologists, and former-ally turncoats, I don't see how anyone could not want to come back to the game right now.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

all goons that were at ccp have long since departed Fart Water Island for actual jobs at riot or soe

Actual jobs at SoE.

:laffo: Good one.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

GaussianCopula posted:

:tinfoil: What the likelihood that CCP allowed IWI to RMT some ISK in exchange for him bankrolling a massive war to get lot's of sweet media coverage? It seems like this would be a win win.

:ccp: is not that smart.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

hey TMDC guys please get better editors, Matterall's article looks like its editor gave up halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

hey TMDC guys please get better editors, Matterall's article looks like its editor gave up halfway through.

What if I were to tell you Matterall was the Editor in Chief for TMC's EVE stuff?

• Locked thread