Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Wedemeyer posted:

poo poo. Three hundred people

Three hundred families. That Greek video is wild. Like, idyllic little village just disappears or becomes wreckage overnight. It's like the beginning of every JRPG in real life. And the bit where they're looking at the dude's house and he turns around and points up the mountain and says, "It used to be over there." I get that the Greek government is turbo-broke, but that is some Flint-level inaction. Like, in four years they still haven't sent an assessor out to look at the damages.
The creepy part of all this is that, without that video, there's a good chance that no one would ever know that an entire village was destroyed in a modern European country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prick with tenure
May 21, 2007

Sorry, but that doesn't convulse my being.
Heard about this one from my wife. One minute you're riding bikes with your four year old, next minute...

jfc what a world.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/taipei-child-beheading-three-year-7641972

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

prick with tenure posted:

Heard about this one from my wife. One minute you're riding bikes with your four year old, next minute...

jfc what a world.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/taipei-child-beheading-three-year-7641972

Nothing really phases me ever, but that picture where her bike is just to the side of the frame next to the sheet sent a lump into my throat. This loving world.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I regret blind clicking on that.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm usually against capital punishment but I'd be fine with that guy getting his ticket punched.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

ranbo das posted:

I'm usually against capital punishment but I'd be fine with that guy getting his ticket punched.
Untreated mental illness was listed as a factor. For all we know he's a paranoid schizophrenic who thought she was a demon sent from hell to spy on him.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She might have just been an rear end in a top hat who eas asking for it you never know man you never know

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

pookel posted:

Untreated mental illness was listed as a factor. For all we know he's a paranoid schizophrenic who thought she was a demon sent from hell to spy on him.

I'm sure that makes the mom feel a lot better

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

pookel posted:

Still fine with it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I for one think executing people who are unable to tell that someone is a child and not a demon is hosed up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lets not have the derail that is coming up on the horizon please. I just got unbanned.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lets not have the derail that is coming up on the horizon please. I just got unbanned.

Damnit, and I had a sick burn for that guy who is fine with mentally ill psychotics being put to death. Oh well.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
PYF: we cannot be trusted to discuss anything correctly

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

AnonSpore posted:

I'm sure that makes the mom feel a lot better

I know I feel better whenever I see a disabled man executed.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I know I feel better whenever I see a disabled man executed.

I meant the "Hey lady the man who killed your daughter was actually mentally ill and thought she was a demon" part. I don't think he should be executed for it if he is, and don't approve of the hotheads who aren't even directly affected by this lobbying for his death, but at the same time the girl is dead either way and I don't think it matters a whole lot to the mother what was going through the dude's head at the time.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

I meant the "Hey lady the man who killed your daughter was actually mentally ill and thought she was a demon" part. I don't think he should be executed for it if he is, and don't approve of the hotheads who aren't even directly affected by this lobbying for his death, but at the same time the girl is dead either way and I don't think it matters a whole lot to the mother what was going through the dude's head at the time.

Nobody said that the mother should feel anything about anything. It would be totally natural and understandable for her to want to see the guy executed. Doesn't mean its the right thing to do though.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Please stop

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

AnonSpore posted:

Oh. Fair enough. I read it like you were saying the goal of his treatment/punishment should be to appease the mother. My mistake!

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

china bot posted:

To be fair, it's "post your favorite", not "discuss your favorite"; discussion's another department.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I guess she'll never be the "head" of a major corporation

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Bug Bill Murray posted:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

china bot posted:

Mods: I beg you

Goons: I also beg you

prick with tenure
May 21, 2007

Sorry, but that doesn't convulse my being.

Bug Bill Murray posted:

omg holy gently caress lmao

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

AnonSpore posted:

For what it's worth, anyone with children who reads the article or worse, sees the pictures, is going to have a pretty strong reaction. Logically, I'm all for proper treatment of a mentally ill person to reintroduce a productive member of society. But emotionally I have a daughter and the mental image of this happening to her at that age shakes me to my very soul so I am more willing to side with the dead child than I am with the guy who killed a child.

I'm not calling to form up the lynch mob but you really have to stretch to call folks who are horrified in the most fundamental, biological way 'hotheads.' When you're seeing a huge amount of blood on a street that you know came from a child, it's pretty rational to feel extremely upset.

Edit: I don't even think I'm really arguing against you, but gently caress. What a horrible thing.

Wild T has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Apr 1, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Wild T posted:

For what it's worth, anyone with children who reads the article or worse, sees the pictures, is going to have a pretty strong reaction. Logically, I'm all for proper treatment of a mentally ill person to reintroduce a productive member of society. But emotionally I have a daughter and the mental image of this happening to her at that age shakes me to my very soul so I am more willing to side with the dead child than I am with the guy who killed a child.

I'm not calling to form up the lynch mob but you really have to stretch to call folks who are horrified in the most fundamental, biological way 'hotheads.' When you're seeing a huge amount of blood on a street that you know came from a child, it's pretty rational to feel extremely upset.

Edit: I don't even think I'm really arguing against you, but gently caress. What a horrible thing.

This is basically how I feel about this situation. I have a 5yo daughter, and a 5mo daughter, and the story is so horrifying that I can't even read the headline without some visceral reactions. I can't divest myself enough of that emotional attachment to even click the link and read the article.

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.

xoFcitcrA posted:

Three hundred families. That Greek video is wild. Like, idyllic little village just disappears or becomes wreckage overnight. It's like the beginning of every JRPG in real life. And the bit where they're looking at the dude's house and he turns around and points up the mountain and says, "It used to be over there." I get that the Greek government is turbo-broke, but that is some Flint-level inaction. Like, in four years they still haven't sent an assessor out to look at the damages.
The creepy part of all this is that, without that video, there's a good chance that no one would ever know that an entire village was destroyed in a modern European country.

What gets me is that the video talks about how there was usually an annual service by the government to "push rainwater away", and that was how they prevented landslides.

I can't help but think that maybe that mountainside was not a good place to build a village in the first place. Blaming the government for the village's destruction is sort of like blaming someone for destroying your sand castle because they kicked it over before high tide arrived.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a really weird one.

A mom who got photoshops of her dead child gets charged with beating her to death.

http://www.fayobserver.com/military...8f906825bb.html

Apparently there are actual photo studios who specialize in making photoshopped pictures of people with their deceased kids.

http://sunnyjophotography.com/one-more-time-tribute-photos/

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Unarmed man killed by Arizona cop cried, begged for life

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

RalAegidius posted:

What gets me is that the video talks about how there was usually an annual service by the government to "push rainwater away", and that was how they prevented landslides.

I can't help but think that maybe that mountainside was not a good place to build a village in the first place. Blaming the government for the village's destruction is sort of like blaming someone for destroying your sand castle because they kicked it over before high tide arrived.

While true, they mention that a group of geologists made a report that the village was a ticking time bomb back in the 60s but the government never stopped issuing building permits.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems about right.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seems about right.

White enough for someone to get charged, at least. Cops need to learn to keep their blood lust in check until they find a more suitable victim.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Maricopa County. They'll probably award him a free box of Omaha Steaks in acknowledgement of his achievement.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Here's a really weird one.

A mom who got photoshops of her dead child gets charged with beating her to death.

http://www.fayobserver.com/military...8f906825bb.html

They also GoFundMe'd for funeral costs, falsely claiming the father was a deadbeat. Just once I want to see this city in the national headlines for something non-terrible.

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Aesop Poprock posted:

Of all the posters who could've made this post, you're one of the least surprising

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
thread favorite found guilty of murder... again.

E: that site sucks just read the URL or make up an email. google@yahoo.com worked for me.

Sponge Baathist has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Apr 2, 2016

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Kenning posted:

Facebook feed sent me a listicle site article. 24 Medical Workers Share The Weirdest Causes Of Death They've Ever Diagnosed. Surprisingly low-spam for a listicle site. Some choice examples:

The moral of about half of these stories: the internet exists folks, buy sex toys designed to go up your rear end before deciding to DIY it with everyday objects.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

This level of badness at Photoshop pisses me off so much. Who the gently caress actually pays these people?

Here's a palate cleanser after all this awful death and child molestation and.. urk. More creepy and unnerving! Less shithead humanity awfulness, we already know we're doomed!

Park Rangers Describe Creepiest Things They've Seen

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

That drat Satyr posted:

This level of badness at Photoshop pisses me off so much. Who the gently caress actually pays these people?

Here's a palate cleanser after all this awful death and child molestation and.. urk. More creepy and unnerving! Less shithead humanity awfulness, we already know we're doomed!

Funnily enough I am listening to this right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkgXOUDetc

I think it has probably come up before but, wow there are some spooky stories. Love the idea of those FUCKIN STAIRS.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

amityville anus posted:

thread favorite found guilty of murder... again.

E: that site sucks just read the URL or make up an email. google@yahoo.com worked for me.

Isn't that a different Blue Hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

That drat Satyr posted:

"A local news paper covered it, but all they had to say was thank the spooky skeletons for good bones and teeth."

Are you loving kidding me.