Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

hey TMDC guys please get better editors, Matterall's article looks like its editor gave up halfway through.

I kind of miss being the proofreader/editor for alliance updates :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

What if I were to tell you Matterall was the Editor in Chief for TMC's EVE stuff?

:rip:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Actual jobs at SoE.

:laffo: Good one.

darius johnson was hired directly by smed so

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why would anyone read TMC

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

Why would anyone read TMC

I found the only interesting part

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Unfunny Poster posted:

What if I were to tell you Matterall was the Editor in Chief for TMC's EVE stuff?

I'm aware, but I thought EIC was more of a content/focus/direction role and less of a proofreader.

I mean like Matterall needs someone reading his poo poo and saying "this is grammatically incorrect please learn to english"

Hell, that's needed by most writers there.

e: I'd do it if I got space money for it and I wasn't required to write full articles too. sion pls

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 31, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

feedmegin posted:

I kind of miss being the proofreader/editor for alliance updates :3:

what space person are you?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oodles posted:

ITS HAPPENING

Where did you find this twitch video of DBRB FC'ing?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Siets posted:

Between VFK being under siege and a chance to shoot PL smughitlers, TEST creepshots apologists, and former-ally turncoats, I don't see how anyone could not want to come back to the game right now.

Quoting this. It's probably the best time since 2012 to be a goon. Assuming we survive, we're going to murder everyone.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

crew posted:

Is this an actual thing?

I'd love to see Elo fly in.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo, even loving SELEENE is back

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Unless SirMolle and LadyScarlet make an appearance this all-star cast is incomplete.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

crew posted:

Talk about full circle.

Black Legion fought on the Imperiums side in the Halloween war. Then they got into a fight with CO2** Which was when the Imperium went back home for "couch cleaning" to save CO2 from black legion

** I had some acquaintances in Black Legion at the time. The way they explained it was that the Imperium and Black Legion were only blue during fights but otherwise neutral. At the same time they had agreements not to drop on one another (though skirmishes could still happen) The problem was that CO2 would regularly drop on Black Legion fleets. But when Black Legion retaliated they were then chastised by the coalition. This would in turn hurt their reputation and so it became a matter of e-honour to "push CO2s poo poo in" This was followed by a speech that while working with the Imperium was profitable; Black Legion would rather be poor and have fights.

From what I understand all of this is exasperated by Elo being unreliable. Granted Eve is a game full of bastards and people change sides a lot. But with entities like PL or the Russians you can make agreements. And at the very highest levels word is law. But Elo like Sort Dragon can't be relied upon on that level.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 31, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For folks that are looking for a really clear and concise explanation of defensive strategy for the new sovereignty mechanics, Atrum put up a really nice new post about it last night that is currently pinned in The War Room. Highly recommend reading, as it is way easier to interpret than CCP's arcane wall-of-text devblobs on the topic.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

what space person are you?

Ivanova Denisovich, vyst's predecessor at GSRecon from shortly after we welped Delve to about 4 years ago.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Ivanova Denisovich, vyst's predecessor at GSRecon from shortly after we welped Delve to about 4 years ago.

Ah okay, pre-me. I recognized the av from your previous posts and I knew you were vaguely space important but I could never remember how.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Locating tool? I'm still lost on what it is and does.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo Ander left the old site up? lmao.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lucifirius posted:

Locating tool? I'm still lost on what it is and does.

I believe the gist of it was: you didnt show up in local. This dude Monkeysphere was notorious for murdering tons of shitfit carebears and ratters and they developed a legend that he was using hacks or software called: The Sphere, PL has been stoking the fires and feeding that troll ever since.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

crew posted:

I believe the gist of it was: you didnt show up in local. This dude Monkeysphere was notorious for murdering tons of shitfit carebears and ratters and they developed a legend that he was using hacks or software called: The Sphere, PL has been stoking the fires and feeding that troll ever since.

oh weird.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I don't play eve but I'm rooting for you guys, show them reddits who's boss of space.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

The best part was when Hydra got caught cheating in the AT and used The Sphere troll, which they thought was real, as rationale for hacking the test server & matchfixing. Ultimately CCP found out, and decided that the two Hydra teams (who finished 1st & 2nd) would be given DQs and that gave PL 1st place in the tournament. The Sphere is real.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 31, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

NomChompsky posted:

I don't play eve but I'm rooting for you guys, show them reddits who's boss of space.

We're like 50% Reddit now. (half of those 50 actually from and/or on Reddit, the other half just post/talk on comms like they are)

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We're like 50% Reddit now. (half of those 50 actually from and/or on Reddit, the other half just post/talk on comms like they are)

beat the other space guys.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

PL was kind enough to give us (horde) temp access to the sphere for the duration of this superwar thing. :sun:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

so unfunny 4chan and 9gag memes that were run into the ground two years ago

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i love mr vee

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So going by The Scope video there's about to be a bigass war and it's time to resub so I can be there during the downfall of goons in EvE when we scrape by with a kind of sort of win?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Robo Reagan posted:

So going by The Scope video there's about to be a bigass war and it's time to resub so I can be there during the downfall of goons in EvE when we scrape by with a kind of sort of win?

war is already here

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Sphere is nothing more than a manifestation of imagination and fear?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Glory of Arioch posted:

war is already here

Oh, welp time to resub then I guess. I always seem to loving miss the wars by a month or two so it'd be cool to see the actual taking over part of EvE instead of the jewing part of EvE.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Glory of Arioch posted:

war is already here

i know the starship trooper references have been fuckin' run into the ground but im still compelled to (poo poo)post this:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

TBH now would be a good time for an SA ad blitz. Could fund it with that sweet tens of dollars a month being pulled in from tmdc

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
Has the horn been blown?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Holy poo poo, the amount of resubbing dudes. :stare:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zethe posted:

Has the horn been blown?

I think it has only been softly blown

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zethe posted:

Has the horn been blown?

Mittani said in Elysium this morning that a State of the Goonion was coming tomorrow. :black101:

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012

Siets posted:

Mittani said in Elysium this morning that a State of the Goonion was coming tomorrow. :black101:

I was going to say this would be an awesome time for a State of the Goonion

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Pathfinder tool CCP gave the first place prize for the Third Party Dev competition seems really neat.

Apparently it'll be released tomorrow.

Edit - They also did the competition with Riot Games helping out :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Can someone edit the state of the goonion to make it not so mind numbingly cringe inducing?

• Locked thread