Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Three Olives posted:

Hillary's will be way up by the time of the election, she is getting very little press coverage in comparison to Bernie and Trump and the little most people know are email gate and BENGHAZI!

yeah because press coverage always goes GREAT for hillary clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Of course there is a Trump brand wine, it was on display with the fake Trump steaks just a few weeks ago.

http://www.trumpwinery.com/

Lol I thought it was a joke product but you can really buy a bottle from the site! drat.

Obama couldn't find where to get a bottle of this poo poo really?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a hearty lol at Hillary gets less press than Sanders

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/715605379082637313

Either Bernie, Trump or a prank. (April fools day is tommorow).

Bernie is the anti-Paul.

If this is not a prank, I'm guessing he endorses Cruz with a backhanded compliment the way Graham did.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

How much leeway would hitting the 50% WTA trigger in New York give Trump? I'm starting to think that of the various important milestones people have mentioned, that might be the most doable. His polling there is looking pretty good and it might be one of the rare cases where Trump could improve it by campaigning and advertising there. In particular hitting Cruz on the New York Values attack might help turn out New York's critical spite demographic.

Has Trump done a big NYC rally yet? I feel like he could put together something really special on him home turf.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Rand isn't going to sincerely endorse Bernie but anybody know why there are a significant number of Berners who are libertarians?

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

d_redguy posted:

Pool, esp if it has one of those swim up bars.

Oh you know it would

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Rand isn't going to sincerely endorse Bernie but anybody know why there are a significant number of Berners who are libertarians?

Weed.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Civilized Fishbot posted:

yeah because press coverage always goes GREAT for hillary clinton

Nonsense posted:

a hearty lol at Hillary gets less press than Sanders

Gonna have to agree with both of these, and I'm someone who would support Hillary in the general election.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Libertarians are contrarian teenagers and bernie is very popular with both demographics.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Trump's having a surprise, behind-closed-doors meeting with the RNC today.

Donald Trump Holds Surprise Meeting with RNC in D.C.

quote:

Donald Trump is meeting behind closed doors at the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington, D.C. Thursday afternoon.

The agenda for the meeting is not yet known.

Trump was scheduled to be in the nation's capital to meet with his foreign policy team, but his appearance at the RNC came as a surprise.

Trump has had an often contentious relationship with the RNC, arguing that the Republican Party has failed to treat him "fairly."

This week, he said he feels he is no longer bound to the pledge he made to the party to support the GOP nominee.

"No, I don't anymore. No. We'll see who it is," he said when asked if he still promises to support whoever gets the nomination.

The meeting comes the day after Trump faced harsh criticism from both sides of the aisle for suggesting in an interview with MSNBC that he advocates "some form of punishment" for women who receive abortions.

After coming under fire from anti-abortion groups, Trump amended that position within hours, saying in a statement that "the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman."

Completely unsubstantiated rumors on Twitter are that they're talking about the logistics of a contested convention. I hope they remember to treat him fairly. :getin:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

discoukulele posted:

Completely unsubstantiated rumors on Twitter are that they're talking about the logistics of a contested convention. I hope they remember to treat him fairly. :getin:

I bet they're talking about his (again) rescinded promise to support the eventual nominee, as that makes their donors turtle up.

I don't think Donald Trump cares about the logistics or rules gamesmanship in a contested convention. If anything I'd bet he still thinks that if he enters the convention with more delegates than any opponent, he automatically wins. And based on the way he's approached other stuff over the course of the primary, I bet if it was explained to him, he'd just decide later that if he wins more delegates than any opponent, he is guaranteed the Republican nomination.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

discoukulele posted:

CNN says he will be holding a presser after the meeting.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Trump below 50% on Predictit today, for the first time since Feb 20th, the day of the SC primary

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Would you rather be trapped in a closet for 30 minutes with Ted Cruz or have to be trapped in a swimming pool with Donald Trump for 90 minutes while he talked about foreign policy?

See I thought you meant that like I would be trapped in a drained swimming pool with Trump

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/715611062452748288
Rand feeling feisty today

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

dude sets up his pranks worse than his campaign

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hes gonna put up a link he claims is his endorsement announcement, but its actually a imgur album of the rest of the pictures of him standing near things

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Plot twist: Rand will endorse Trump...for the Libertarian Party nomination

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

stand and rapidly leave the table so a citizen does not ask you a policy question with rand

bearbaiter
May 30, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

hes gonna put up a link he claims is his endorsement announcement, but its actually a imgur album of the rest of the pictures of him standing near things

what is the deal with rand paul standing near things in photographs? like where did that come from? im retarded but its hard to get anything relevant out of a search for "rand paul standing near things"

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Clinton favorability: 37/55 (-18)
Cruz favorability: 30/58 (-28)
Kasich favorability: 41/39 (+2)
Romney favorability: 23/65 (-42)
Sanders favorability: 41/48 (-7)
Trump favorability: 29/63 (-34)

Lmao at these favorability ratings

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lol if it's actually an april fools endorsement of trump.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
lol, about that post-RNC meeting presser....

quote:

A gaggle of news networks camped outside the RNC headquarters broadcast Trump leaving the building shortly before 3 p.m. and driving away without making a public statement about the meeting.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

a randroll

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

bahahahaha

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/715616148335759360

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

the movie of this is gonna be ridiculous

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Prof. Lurker posted:

Clinton favorability: 37/55 (-18)
Cruz favorability: 30/58 (-28)
Kasich favorability: 41/39 (+2)
Romney favorability: 23/65 (-42)
Sanders favorability: 41/48 (-7)
Trump favorability: 29/63 (-34)

Lmao at these favorability ratings

repeal the 22nd amendment

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Hahaha, RNC is going to cave.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
:siren:a tweet about a tweet:siren:

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/715617262212878336

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

bearbaiter posted:

what is the deal with rand paul standing near things in photographs? like where did that come from? im retarded but its hard to get anything relevant out of a search for "rand paul standing near things"

Last summer/fall, when he was actively campaigning, Rand routinely posted photos of himself standing in various places or eating things as he traveled around the country, always with the same facial expression that was somewhere between a smile and a grimace

it was a weird unexplained thing and one day he just randomly stopped doing it

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahaha, RNC is going to cave.

https://twitter.com/amyewalter/status/715617241891360769

Yes, they are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ryanbeckwith/status/715613056865275904

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

libertarian philosophy is "whatever benefits me in this moment"

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Supporting Bernie makes their dads angry.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Trump meddled with the primal forces of (GOP) nature and he will atone.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

#NeverTrumps are saying this kind of language would explain their candidates awkwardly sticking with "the pledge," but I have no clue what states have something similar to SC

Despatcher
Nov 26, 2007
Generously Syndromed
Will Rince Pubis lose his job?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/715619903546527745
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/715620737286082565

I agree with this guy, if the RNC isn't going to just say "gently caress you, all delegates are unbound" they probably won't do this either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Oh god yes please please double down

• Locked thread