Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Well, with this rotation, I am officially off the Modern Age train (unless I actually get drawn back with Superior Foes). Haven't gotten anything since GotG and all.

Anyways, in addition to the rotation news, we've got another TMNT preview: Rat King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

I've started on annotating the rules, inserting sections between the parts of official text. I'm somewhat at a loss for how to get our parts to look distinct yet good. Have a look at the PDF in this folder and please, please give some suggestions. I'm working in Publisher, so if you've got something else besides its stock crap to use as a border, great!

Good God, this is amazing. I love this.

Light edits/suggestions:

1. You know, a simple thumbnail diagram of a map on the first page would really help, as well as noting that maps come in a few different sizes and formats.

You could have a footnote to an index item that describes the various kinds of maps, such as:

- The standard 2x4 size
- The cardboard fold-up that comes in Mini-Game sets
- The square Battle Royale maps
- The small Quick Start maps
- The mini maps from Batman Alpha
- The huge and now outdated legacy maps from the uncarded era

2. Similarly, you could add a footnote to an item explaining the three major types of dial bases: H, inlaid (or whatever it's referred to), and Oreo. They're fairly cosmetic, really.

3. Note in objects as terrain that ultra lights are not hindering.

4. Perhaps have a sentence about relics, special objects, and equipment in the section about objects, especially about how to place them on the map. Also note that all objects as printed/created by WizKids are one square in size. Then a note to go to Tactics for more.

5. Top right of page 18 says Part 4: Tactics are on p. 20, but that is probably a product of an earlier edit.

6. In the glossary, add the combat symbols necessary to what defines a standard character.

But holy poo poo, so far, this is a great piece of work.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

What size are the battle royale maps (both square dimensions and measurements) from the Ant-Man Micro Tournam-ant? I don't have one to check.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

What size are the battle royale maps (both square dimensions and measurements) from the Ant-Man Micro Tournam-ant? I don't have one to check.

I believe they're 16x16.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

I've started on annotating the rules, inserting sections between the parts of official text. I'm somewhat at a loss for how to get our parts to look distinct yet good. Have a look at the PDF in this folder and please, please give some suggestions. I'm working in Publisher, so if you've got something else besides its stock crap to use as a border, great!

I'd suggest putting either endnotes or inline links to the relevant annotation section if you want to have them all in one place. That way players can know that this is how something works, then have an immediate link out to any relevant errata or clarifications. Do you think it would break things up too much if you had differently styled sidebars for annotations? I could see it working pretty well that way.

Now I'm tempted to convert a few things over to DITA and build a PDF transform plugin. With all the cross-linking, it's actually not a bad candidate for conversion to XML.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The Grammar Aryan posted:

I'd suggest putting either endnotes or inline links to the relevant annotation section if you want to have them all in one place. That way players can know that this is how something works, then have an immediate link out to any relevant errata or clarifications. Do you think it would break things up too much if you had differently styled sidebars for annotations? I could see it working pretty well that way.

Now I'm tempted to convert a few things over to DITA and build a PDF transform plugin. With all the cross-linking, it's actually not a bad candidate for conversion to XML.

That's actually really good thinking on both fronts. I won't have time this morning, but apparently you can insert internal links in Publisher (I knew you could do it in Word) and those should translate to the PDF.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I had no idea there were exclusive maps for those - the venue I went to just used standard maps.

Also: Are the forthcoming vinyl maps standard size?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

I had no idea there were exclusive maps for those - the venue I went to just used standard maps.

Also: Are the forthcoming vinyl maps standard size?

There are two official battle royale maps so far. One is indoors, with a ton of walls and a lot of water - just a nightmare for ranged characters and those who cannot ignore hindering for movement. The other is outdoor, and is pretty fun and balanced unless there's a character with IT: Elevated, in which case it becomes a shooting gallery with no real way to retaliate. We use them for conventions, and the venues that got the Ant-Man micro tournament last year also got sent some.

The upcoming Civil War OP series is going to come with something like four more battle royale maps.

Pretty sure that the vinyl maps are going to be standard size.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

There are two official battle royale maps so far. One is indoors, with a ton of walls and a lot of water - just a nightmare for ranged characters and those who cannot ignore hindering for movement. The other is outdoor, and is pretty fun and balanced unless there's a character with IT: Elevated, in which case it becomes a shooting gallery with no real way to retaliate. We use them for conventions, and the venues that got the Ant-Man micro tournament last year also got sent some.

The upcoming Civil War OP series is going to come with something like four more battle royale maps.

Pretty sure that the vinyl maps are going to be standard size.

Do you know the dimensions on the BR maps?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

Do you know the dimensions on the BR maps?

16x16 squares, with 3x3 starting areas.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

16x16 squares, with 3x3 starting areas.

Good, thank you. Here's what I've got so far. I haven't added any bookmarks in/hyperlinks to Part 2A, but those will come after I've finished that section.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Tonight was 2,000 points Golden Age, no tactics. Every character on your force had to begin as a giant, colossal, or team base. I went full rear end in a top hat and brought my as-yet-unused Spectre and Shuma-Gorath at 200. Simply put, I brought Red Hulk home. One guy got Spectre down to the Jim Corrigan dial, but that was because he chose an indoor map with lots of walls. My third opponent ran Shuma at full, Exodia at full, and Avengers TB with Iron Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Scarlet Witch. Ignoring Mystics plus 9-damage Psychic Blast (and then Exploit Weakness) took Shuma down very easily. The laundry list of stuff he ignores coupled with top-dial 21 Impervious, 15 attack, 9 damage, and 16/// range still makes him an amazing "gently caress you" piece even in the face of modern pieces. My only worry was Dark Phoenix Cyclops in the second round because of his special multiattack, but hitting him (teammates: Solaris and Greithoth) down to where his chance of hitting was minimal got me by there. I don't think the guy did more than 3. The highlight of that one was Spectre critting Solaris, him Probbing it, and me re-critting. Later on the poor guy rolled snake eyes. drat.

Also, dig the progress on the AR. It's coming along nicely, even if I'm just trying to structure it with the kind of info it should have and how to present it.

Edit: Oh, and in the second match I took a picture of Shuma with Solaris and sent it to my wife to show our daughter. Her response: "Aww, the little red thing is adorable!" Can we keep it as a pet? Gah! The creepy starfish thing is ruining it." In honor of the night and that, I bought the store's remaining SMWW super booster, trying to get Solaris. I got The Atom.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 3, 2016

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Sorry for the triple post, but could I impress upon one of you to make a vector of a question mark in a set of crosshairs or maybe something else signifying information assassination? I'm trying to get something I can use for rulings where they've pruned the thread, like how you can't give a character a ranged combat action if it can't make a ranged combat attack (reversing the old ruling on Pulse Wave vs. granted Battle Fury) or old-school colossals like Spectre and Starro being able to act continuously without damage. The one I've made kind of sucks.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Yesterday was a super odd event. You could buy 2 boosters and build a 350 point team or you could build a 400 point team with any resource but nobody on your force could be over 100 points. I asked if this applied to sideboard pieces as well and was told that it didn't and they could be over 100.

So I ran the robots and the roundtable.

Ultron 8 X 3
Ultron 1 X 2
Ultron 14 X 2
AOU Ultron
Future Ultron
Phalanx Uktron
Ultron 6? (The drone that can walk through walls)
Superman/Batman Robot at 25
JL Teleporter with Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Shang-Chi, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Shield Level 7

Sideboard of

Assassin Nick Fury at 120
200 point Divine Aura WW
Prime Captain Marvel
Prize Support Canary
DP Shang-Chi
D20 Strange

Basically a mix of pieces I can call in as needed with 2 in reserve in case I ever hit power 3.

The strategy can be described as "Drown you in inspired robots". Every card on the round table provides both an incredibly useful inspiration as well as a solid attacker in their own right, once I hit power 2 I alternate between WW and strange until I hit #3 and pull in more fighters. I never came close to power 3 though.

Round 1 versus Doom Patrol

All the new doom patrol from WF with Robot Man and Elasti girl at their lower values.

I played against a guy who has been playing for a long while but has a hard time remembering what his figures can do and has a bad habit of asking his opponent what he should do. He didn't have nearly enough offense to chew through my bots, especially with 2 bring them back rolls a turn and I just wore him down. Never got off a retaliation as I forgot I could.

Round 2 versus Andy's Metropolis

President Luthor from the Fast Forces? The one who on leadership grants sidestep
Shifting Focus Superman
BM Black Lightning
Star Lab Technician
Booster Gold
25 point Bizarro
Lois Lane that has the stop click

I won map and stuck us on hanks lab from AOU. This was a positioning game early, with Lex hitting his leadership and Andy sidestepping up his team and me doing the same. After about 2 rounds of positioning I was able to pop out Nick in such a way that he was adjacent to 3 robots. With his inspiration this boosted his range to 12 and I got off a big 6 damage strike on superman that put him last click and basically out of the game. I then used some expendable bots to block LOF. He moved down lex to outwit invuln on a blocker and took a shot with booster to KO it. He then tried to TK out black lightning to do a RS but didn't realize that the starting area of that map is bisected by a wall and Black Lightning and the tech were on other sides of it. He was forced to walk down black lightning. I remembered to do a colossal retaliation and hit lex and booster for 2. Called in captain Marvel to try to RS/EE his lightning and friends. I missed after a theme prob from Andy. Lex hit leadership and took a token off lightning. Lex tried to outwit defenses on one of my robots but it had Power Cosmic thanks to the Captain. He then tried to hit a robot which had a 19 defense because of Captain Marvel. First roll was a 7 and he proceeded to burn all theme probs to try and hit but could not. That was basically game. Bizarro fell to Shang chi who gave no fucks about senses. I did lose my giant robot who based shifting focus to try to stop him from being healed. Shifting focus got healed top click and turned into lazer eyes superman but it was too late. I'd hit special power 2 and gave the whole force charge. All the robots hit everything and they all were KO'd.

Round 3 versus Avengers

FCBD Iron Man
FCBD Cap
AVAS Hawkeye
Jarvis
Ant-Man at 100
Hulk, Thor, and a third ID card I forget.

I managed to summon Nick twice this game as a parachute click of an empty slot came up. Each time he oneshot iron man and cap respectively. Hawkeye hurt a drone and then my retaliation hit. Shang-Chi was summoned and be and 2 drones took out ant man. Jarvis made a go of it, but without avengers next to him he couldn't last.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I played a Metropolis theme team:

Shifting Focus Superman
Lois Lane
Lex Luthor (WF:FF version)
Booster Gold
S.T.A.R. Labs Technician
Bizarro (25 points)
Black Lightning (from Batman)

400 points even. In retrospect I wish I'd had 3 points free to throw the JL52 ATA on Superman, because Lex hitting his Leadership rolls was a big deal when it happened, and also I rolled a lot of 4s for Leadership. Oh well.

Round 1 was against a SHIELD team of 50 point Iron Man, Sarah Garza, a Paranormal Investigator, Agent May, a Bodyguard, Gorilla Man, and one Multiple Man. He had nothing that could hurt me and he kept grouping up his figures no matter how many times I hit him with EE for it. Easy win.

Round 2 was against Morand and his stupid robot swarm. I knew I probably couldn't win, but those two successive screwups with Black Lightning hurt really bad, since his penetrating EE could actually put a dent in the swarm. At least I made him work respectably hard for his win.

Round 3 was against a Howling Commandos team of Winter Soldier, Nick Fury (with two LMDs), some Captain America or another, and a movie Howling Commando. That's a team that relies pretty heavily on stealth to protect it, and between eyebeams Superman and Lois, I really didn't care much about stealth. He did make a good second effort by swarming Lois in an attempt to bring her down, but instead just knocked her onto her stop click, whereupon I got to do the thing I'd wanted to do all day -- teleport 19 defense Superman next to her and start giving the rest of the team a 20 defense. Haha, that's what you get for messing with Lois fuckin' Lane. I lost Bizarro in the clean-up, though. Poor Bizarro, he always got KO'd.

Went 2-1 with enough points to win second place pretty easily. Stupid robots.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

They're previewed Omega Red, who I thought would show up in the next X-Men set after having been absent from the last two. For a 90-point character he's drat nice top-dial, with Giant Reach: 3 and Exploit Weakness giving him what amounts to an almost full-speed Charge. That helps his vampire dial spin up, plus his Deadly Coils trait lets him reel in whoever he hits and "place the hit character adjacent." I presume that means adjacent to him. I'm surprised he doesn't have any keywords other than Weapon X, but I don't think they ever really did much with him anyway.

We've also got a previewed Nightcrawler. I think he's outstanding for 60 points, with an 18/Super Senses along with a 12 Speed and traited Phasing and Carry. I'm very pleased that it's swashbuckling Nightcrawler and they actually gave him the Pirate keyword!

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, I'm really digging that Omega Red. I'm a little sad that every Weapon X keyworded character we have is going to rotate out by the time he comes in. It also means that Fantomex will be leaving play, so ultimately I'm okay with it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I really love the annotated rulebook you guys have got going on, that's gonna be super useful since I don't loiter around the rules forum much anymore.

Last night was a fun event, 400 Golden resources allowed. I opted for a team I've been itching to use for a while they could use a little resource boost:

Gotham City Sirens:
TW Catwoman
FL Harley Quinn
BM Poison Ivy
WF Prime Superman
Birds of Prey x2
Pandora's Box

Even absent the box there's good synergy here; a Perplex, an Outwit, a Stealth wall, the two without BoP are both Calculator so everybody gets to free action Support, it was a solid little team. I was impressed by the Box, I figured the randomness of the power selection and limited time spent on any click wouldn't be a factor but I kept finding uses for what I got, like Superman masterminding to Catwoman just for Harley to heal her up. Of course throwing out Sidestep like candy doesn't hurt either.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Word is that the Civil War starter's got a new rulebook/PAC, I don't know if that changes anything regarding the annotated rulebook project.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Word is that the Civil War starter's got a new rulebook/PAC, I don't know if that changes anything regarding the annotated rulebook project.

I plan to purchase that starter tonight - I'll share photos and such if I get one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

I plan to purchase that starter tonight - I'll share photos and such if I get one.

So the starter comes with a newer PAC, which has some size rule changes, but someone else looked at it and said it's missing some new plasticity rulings. The rulebook included says 2015 core rulebook, and has the size changes on the back.

Maybe I can read it a bit more and/or scan it at work if someone else hasn't.

Meanwhile, I was one of the winners of random rewards:

The other Dicemasters stuff is a white Terry dicemasters card, and two Agent May cards (one of which is also white).

I think it's a neat way to encourage use of the WES or WIN or whatever it's called now.

No idea what I'll do with the Attack Wing Ogre thing.

Edit: It's worth mentioning the new PAC is printed on some pretty cheap paper. :smith:

Red fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 7, 2016

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Cheap paper? Missing subsequent revisions? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked. :pram:

As for how it'll affect the AR: eh. I'll incorporate its revisions. I'm sure they haven't changed much, considering they said they weren't even publishing a new one this year. They probably threw it together hastily, figuring they can't go two full years without rulebook revisions.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Krang's up! He's similar to Metallo but can also choose [WING] for his Attack power and he gets Prob. In addition to Krang they put up the Watch List for Q1, for which there are no additions. I'd actually agree with that, considering that I'm really not aware of anything that's really see-it-on-every-team game-breaking.

I will mention one thing I have noticed after looking in the HCR thread for the Civil War dials. Every character seems to be missing a listed Real Name. Between that and the fact that they don't seem to be putting the Split/Merge matrix on cards anymore, does anyone else think they're going to axe the Split and Merge abilities as of the 2017 PAC like how they discontinued Archenemies the year after the carded era hit?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

That Krang is amazing. The 80's turtles better be equally amazing.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ManiacClown posted:

Krang's up! He's similar to Metallo but can also choose [WING] for his Attack power and he gets Prob. In addition to Krang they put up the Watch List for Q1, for which there are no additions. I'd actually agree with that, considering that I'm really not aware of anything that's really see-it-on-every-team game-breaking.

I will mention one thing I have noticed after looking in the HCR thread for the Civil War dials. Every character seems to be missing a listed Real Name. Between that and the fact that they don't seem to be putting the Split/Merge matrix on cards anymore, does anyone else think they're going to axe the Split and Merge abilities as of the 2017 PAC like how they discontinued Archenemies the year after the carded era hit?
I want that Krang. I want him so bad.

As for the watchlist, the stuff that deserves it right now is all getting rotated out, so yeah, letting it stand empty is fine. And I don't believe any movie piece has ever had a listed real name.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I think the lack of split merge matrix and the WIN forums specifically ruling that you need that matrix to split or merge is the biggest death knell of split and merge more then a movie figure not having a real name.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

I think the lack of split merge matrix and the WIN forums specifically ruling that you need that matrix to split or merge is the biggest death knell of split and merge more then a movie figure not having a real name.

Yeah, there's definitely that too. My guess as to them killing it off is the death of the Player's Guide to maintain a record of that and space on the character cards coming at more of a premium these days, especially with the new design :barf: coming.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 points anything goes, no build restrictions on resources or whatever.

I was gonna do the Doom Patrol but I couldn't get my hands on a beast boy.

So I looked at some figures I've never played and decided to do something with Metallo. Injustice League it was!

I did:

Metallo
OP Kit President Luthor
Flash FF Mirror Master
Toyman with an attached Superman Action Figure
4 Superman Action Figures

Basic Strategy was to turn Metallo into a tiny unhittable God. Plus one to his stats via his trait, plus one D from Luthor and if I'm not out of range or doing something else with it, plus one more D from Toymans perplex. Lex would do his best to fast track to click 3, and Toyman to click 2. With 5 leaderships action management is a game of how many extra actions do I have this turn again?

Round 1 versus the Universal Church of Truth.

Magus
Cardinal Raker
3 other Cardinals

I won Map Roll and tossed us on the OA map that has the big statue of Guy.

First round was positioning, I had mirror master move up carrying all the toys and Metallo. He walked down all his guys into a nice line in front of the statue. I pushed lex and toyman and cleared the rest. He also cleared. I then bumped Metallo up to a 21 and parked him right in front of magus, a cardinal, and Raker. The toys just behind. He took a shot with Magus and Raker but missed, his Cardinal with a 12 thanks to his CCE did hit. His other Cardinal based some toys. Next turn Metallo chose precision strike, I bountied Magus and hit him for 5. Toys then went charging in and even though he masterminded all away it was still enough to KO a Cardinal. Other toys did quite a bit of damage to the other Cardinal. Lex did a dance Toyman did a power boost to up all the toys defense. Magus with steal energy outwitted my invincible and took a shot on Metallo but I hit shape change. He tried to hit a toy but missed. Metallo then finished off Magus. Toys then killed his other cardinals. Raker did get a toy but Metallo then beat him to death.

Round 2 versus Soldiers

OP Kit Red Hulk
Weapon Swap Punisher
Dirk Anger
Agent May
The old FCBD War Machine?
Bucky

I won map and tossed us on Hank's Lab. Dirk was a bit of a butt since I couldn't roll leadership which actually hurt more then a little. I started off by moving everyone up with mirror master just before the first entrance to the middle. Lex and Toyman went around the side to do a slow dance. He clumped in hindering and moved May around to go after lex and toyman. Toyman ran back towards his toys and they used the free movement he grants to get lex some fodder for mastermind. Lex pushed. He perplexed his punisher and charged and KO'd a toy right at the entrance to my room, pushing him and then bizarrely moved red hulk next to them, also leaving him pushed and blocking the lanes for anyone else. Cue Metallo with a bounty assist beating Hulk to death over 2 turns with pure stats. May went after lex but his fodder protected him and he got to click 3. War Machine took a shot on Metallo and crit hit, doing 2 after invincible. Toys nailed punisher. Mirror master moved to be able to PC but it didn't matter since War Machine went from feast to famine as he crit missed. Toys went for war machine then and Metallo went to protect lex. Metallo took one from mastermind before then beating May to death. War machine fell to bountied toys. Dirk and Bucky each took a toy but once Metallo came over that was it for dirk and Bucky.

Round 3 versus Metropolis

WF FF Lex Luthor
WF FF Batman
Losh Bizarro at 75
WF FF Toymaster
BVS Target Exclusive Superman
Weapons Drop item

This was not a good matchup for me. Superman can play HSS games all day and I'm going to have a very hard time catching him. It didn't help that I also lost map roll and got tossed on the black mercy map. All the hindering! First few rounds were all positioning. He hit a few leaderships and did quite a bit of sidestepping. I counted his swing and realized he could get anywhere so I made sure that lex and toyman had mastermind fodder. It was just one toy which was a miscalculation. I basically stay back and pushed lex and toyman while refusing to commit. He ran Batman way down and outwitted Invincible on Metallo. Superman was TK'd and ran to smack Metallo with an ultra heavy but I hit Shape Change and he murdered a toy instead. I bountied batman and killed him with toys. Bizarro crept down, hit HSS and came in and punched lex who masterminded it to a toy. Cue superman follow up that KO'd a fodderless Toyman. That was not good. Metallo charged Bizarro and knocked off one click of life. He hit HSS and hit lex to make me KO another toy. Superman went for Mirror Master but I hit senses he ended up pushed in a corner. Lex and Toymaster ended up next to each other. Lex took away my prob. I had a toys run up and hit a bountied Toymaster to KO him. I then went ballsy and had mirror master move the whole team up including Lex so that he could be near his fodder. Bizarro did a sidestep RCE to KO yet another toy. 2 left. Lex chooses not to outwit Metallo which was smart because he was bountied and the toys were gonna hurt him if he did. I bountied Superman and declared a charge. Cue 6 theme re-rolls but I make it, and hit Superman for 3 after invincible, he ends up on HSS with a 10 attack. He breaks to hyper, hits my lex, yet another dead toy. His Lex tries to hit mirror master but misses. Metallo KO's him. Mirror master pushes to have Metallo base Superman, stays on PC. Bizarro KO's last toy, pushes. Superman clears. I clear and bounty him. He goes for HSS break, rolls a 3, I PC it and it's a 1. Metallo chooses precision and hits for 6 which becomes 4 when he misses impervious. Bizarro goes for Mirror Master and I hit senses again. I choose precision and superman is dead. Bizarro hits lex for 3, I mastermind it to mirror master. Metallo hits bizarro, he clears bizarro gets hit again and that is game.

Super close game, in hindsight I'm glad the doom patrol fell apart because superman would have clowned them.

Went 3-0 now I have a green arrow for his ID card.

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 11, 2016

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Anyone have a release event for TMNT tonight? Ours was buy 5 boosters, 200 points.

My team was:

001 Raphael
004 Leonardo
010 Foot Soldier (Chain Kama)
013 Baxter Stockman
005 Mouser

The common Turtles are ridiculous. Raphael's Sai power is just as powerful as I thought it would be, and Leo's Katana came up big with Blades, and even when not, being able to Sidestep away made the difference in keeping him safe. Also, Baxter Stockman is so strong, and will see play on teams outside of TMNT stuff. Healing or +1 to Speed and Attack is so nice., and the cheap Outwit, and later Perplex is big. Also, the Chain Kama Foot Soldier can create the opening to start a huge beatdown on one character. I ended up going 2-1 with this team and got the Mutagen Canister. Bought a box and ended up getting the Chase Michelangelo, which I couldn't be more happy about, those chases are the definition of hitting out of their weight class. Chases seem to be 1 every other display, so it's something to consider before you go in on one. Gonna be going to another event Saturday, and there's still plenty of Rares I still want, especially Shredder and Krang, but overall, this set is a ton of fun.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I couldn't make a sealed event because this is my wedding anniversary week and I'd rather not be divorced.

I did nab 2 gravity feeds though, total haul was 3 SR's and a chase and an almost full CUR.

To complete the set I need:

April
Monsterex
SR Leonardo
And every chase except Raphael

Didn't pull a kraut but immediately ebay'd one. I pulled so many foot soldiers and I am completely ok with it.

Worrisome things, only one Casey Jones between 2 packs and only one shredder. Didn't think I was gonna get one but he came out of the last pack of my last gravity feed.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I couldn't make a sealed event because this is my wedding anniversary week and I'd rather not be divorced.

I did nab 2 gravity feeds though, total haul was 3 SR's and a chase and an almost full CUR.

To complete the set I need:

April
Monsterex
SR Leonardo
And every chase except Raphael

Didn't pull a kraut but immediately ebay'd one. I pulled so many foot soldiers and I am completely ok with it.

Worrisome things, only one Casey Jones between 2 packs and only one shredder. Didn't think I was gonna get one but he came out of the last pack of my last gravity feed.

I assume you mean Krang, which I wish I would've done.

I got one GF and got no Baxter the Fly, Krang, Shredder, or Casey. No chases, either. My two SRs were Don and Rat King.

I'm more than a little annoyed that I plunked down $70 for the GF pre-order, and I'm probably going to have to spend $35-ish on the two figures I really wanted (Baxter/Krang).

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Anyone have a release event for TMNT tonight? Ours was buy 5 boosters, 200 points.

Just ran mine. Had people allowed to buy 6-10 boosters, and then go 300 points.

I bought 7, and had some pretty excellent pulls. Ended up with chase Donnie, Monstrex, Renet Tilley, Rat King, and three Foot Soldiers. Played everything but Donnie, although two of the Foot were just sidelined to maybe replace the Bo Soldier if he got KO'd.

I was the bye round, so I wasn't exactly up against the best the tournament had to offer, but, man, that team was solid. Rat King tied down all everybody in rats, and Monstrex just rolled around eviscerating people, backed up by up to three PCs, courtesy of Renet. Monstrex just has so many options for ripping someone's face off, and Flurry/Steal Energy is just the icing on the cake. A couple people managed to wound him, but he always ended the game on top dial.

I really want to like this set, because it's Turtles, and that's exciting, but it just strikes me as really uncreative and inaccurate. Four sets of four characters with the exact same weapon power, five Foot Soldiers with absolutely identical dials, and just the same powers everywhere. I had to just stop, listen, and laugh during the first couple turns of one round, because every single person in the room was announcing multiple Sidesteps. You've got ninja without a lick of Stealth, people known for throwing stars lacking range, Turtles that cannot swim... it's just really leaving me wanting.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

I really want to like this set, because it's Turtles, and that's exciting, but it just strikes me as really uncreative and inaccurate. Four sets of four characters with the exact same weapon power, five Foot Soldiers with absolutely identical dials, and just the same powers everywhere. I had to just stop, listen, and laugh during the first couple turns of one round, because every single person in the room was announcing multiple Sidesteps. You've got ninja without a lick of Stealth, people known for throwing stars lacking range, Turtles that cannot swim... it's just really leaving me wanting.

I want to agree, but then, I think a turtle figure that meets all of that criteria is going to be double the point cost.

I'd gamble that wave 2 is going to have comic book versions (or movie) of foot soldiers, loaded with stealth.

I'd even gamble on the Archie version of black-suited Raphael showing up, too - he's all stealth.

Other guesses/predictions:

- Punk frogs (it'd be a reach)
- Tatsu
- 87 toon Splinter
- 87 toon April
- kraang generics
- Rock Soldiers
- Neutrinos (Fugitoid has the keyword)
- Mutagen Man
- Tokka and Rahzar
- Dogpound, Hun, or Tiger Claw - probably not all 3

I doubt we'll get a Granitor, but I'd pay good money for one. Ditto for a Knucklehead.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

I want to agree, but then, I think a turtle figure that meets all of that criteria is going to be double the point cost.

I would hope that adding some Stealth, the swim ability, and a 3 range to a turtle dial wouldn't double the cost... but, with some of those chases, you could just double the cost without doing anything, and it would seem appropriate.

The reveal of Rocksteady and Bebop already have me much more excited for the next set. Kraang generics from the current show would be awesome - give me the robots, and some brains in their little UFOs. I'd love Old Man Raph from the future, with all four weapons. There's just so much potential with the license... I really hope that they handle it better than they did with this first offering.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It figures. I managed to get all three Suicide Squad OP kit figures from a guy on Reddit for $5 plus shipping. I left them out on our living room table while we went to replace a dead goldfish and while we were out our dog ate Captain Boomerang. His dial will still fit in and it'll turn, but the Speed value on his second-to-last click is unreadable thanks to being bitten directly on. gently caress.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

I would hope that adding some Stealth, the swim ability, and a 3 range to a turtle dial wouldn't double the cost... but, with some of those chases, you could just double the cost without doing anything, and it would seem appropriate.

The reveal of Rocksteady and Bebop already have me much more excited for the next set. Kraang generics from the current show would be awesome - give me the robots, and some brains in their little UFOs. I'd love Old Man Raph from the future, with all four weapons. There's just so much potential with the license... I really hope that they handle it better than they did with this first offering.

Our area looks like it's already sold out of TMNT clix, so while I'm "eh" about pre-ordering a GF of wave 2, if the area isn't restocked...

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I just played in a 400 point ninja turtles sealed event. It was buy 10 gravity feeds. I literally used every single figure I pulled on my team.

I had

2 50 point Donatello
50 point Michealangelo
50 point Raphael
50 point Leonardo
60 point nic toon Mikey
April O'Neil
Katana Foot Soldier
Sai Foot Soldier

Chain soldier on the sideline.

Ninja Turtle sealed is like going back in time to Indy sealed. It's simple clix. Who the gently caress cares about swing when there's no range or TK and like 1 flier. I went 3-0 with the above. Basically had 2 Donatello's move up and make a line with cartoon Mikey. With Mikey's perplex and April they all had 19's plus with 3 outwits I turned off anything I didn't like, if the turtles took damage they'd end up on CR and just get harder to hit.

That said if someone pulls a Krang they'll just wreck house, any attack power I want and outwit and prob? Yes please!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I'm so very, very close to being done with the Annotated Rulebook (see here for up-to-date progress) save for finding and linking to support for assertions I make and proofreading. Could I please have anyone interested look the document over and let me know things it still needs? I'm going to add a section to the end on elements that should be in the rulebook but aren't specifically to cover team bases and vehicles. I think I've even figured out why team bases and vehicles aren't in the 2014 Core Rulebook despite predating it: color. Their rules include Improved Movement, which requires color to list and the rulebook isn't in color.

I also think that to annotate the glossary I should list some informal terminology, like "taxi, "feedback," "Highlander," the various short forms of the powers ("TK," "Prob," "Exploit" etc.), and probably some terms for certain tactics like "yo-yo." I should also add terms they've defined that aren't in there. I would definitely appreciate any help coming up with these terms and definitions for them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We had a 400 point Master of Minions scenario this week, where only one figure starting on your force can be non-generic, and I ran with Minions of Thanos:

Proxima Midnight
2 Sakaaran Commanders
3 Sakaaran Soldiers

I didn't expect to do great due to the low ranges and reliance on stealth but no way for the soldiers to easily navigate the hindering terrain.

Round 1 I fought full point Alloy with an Ultron-1 and two other drone dials. I managed to kill all three Ultrons and get Alloy, but when all of the Metal Men popped out I was so wounded that I could surmount the secondary swarm I now had to deal with.

Round 2 vs Kylellax and three Sinestro Recruits. This one was a lot easier, as my stealth made Kyle less than useful and his ranges weren't much better than mine if he intended to Pulse Wave. He moved up and managed to miss a soldier, and hid Kyle behind blocking. I used the Soldier' 3 damage to bust open a path for Proxima, arranged the commanders and tagged Kyle for a 5 damage pen blast, then KO'd a recruit with another soldier. He charged up with Kyle but whiffed it and cleared; Kyle took a damage from Proxima's token, then I KO'd his recruits and knocked Kyle to last click. He cleared and the token did its job and KO'd him.

Round 3 vs Darkseid and one GF Parademon. I suffered and early hit from Darkseid and lost a soldier, then missed the big strike with Proxima. He knocked her down to sidestep and kept her outwitted so I couldn't slide closer, but amazingly I managed an enhanced shot with a Soldier to knock him to his second starting line. Darkseid cleared and the parademon moved to tie me up, but I was able to break away and somehow tag Darkseid again, while Proxima got out of darkseids sight. He tried to shoot her but I made super senses, then I whiffed an attack on Darkseid. He outwitted senses on Proxima but crit missed the attack, so she took advantage to sidestep, KO the parademon and heal one. Darkseid ran down to shoot another soldier but again missed, so I took the opportunity to push Proxima to tag him for 3 after reducing, and while he in turn killed her, her trait gave him feedback enough to knock him off his movement special. At this point I pushed my soldiers like crazy to get close to him and take advantage of his lack of mobility, eventually losing both but getting him to his last two clicks, where my commanders spent a few turns chasing him down and pushing to finally KO him. It was a ridiculous game I should not have won.

Those Sakaarans are a surprise; the death bomb of the soldiers never came into play, but nobody expects the soldiers to be doing four or five damage when the commanders are backing them up. I highly reccomend giving them a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

So today was TMNT release event day! The venue I normally go to posted, yesterday night, that the event had been changed from a sealed to a 500 point Modern; apparently they hadn't felt like holding any product back and had sold completely out of TMNT packs. Smart, guys. Real smart. So I went to the other nearby venue I like. We all got 8 figures and they still had cases, plural, left over. (I bought one.) So, yeah, dumb move other venue.

I pulled common Raphael, Casey Jones, Slash, Monsterex, and four assorted Foot ninjas. I was looking at the first four and wishing I could play them at 300 points and then I realized that 80 + 80 is 160, not 180, and I totally could do that. So I did.

Round 1 I had the bye.

Round 2 was against common Michaelangelo, rare Michaelangelo, common Leonardo, April, Splinter, Mousers Swarm, and I think something else, but I can't remember what. I moved up fronting with Monsterex and managed to provoke his swarm, which let Raph and Casey jump into the fray next turn, and they both used the Mouser Swarm to leapfrog over them and then hit April. Pieces started falling left and right (CGI Mikey is loving hard to hit), and I was soon left with only Casey and Raph back to back, which was awesomely thematic. Then common Mikey critted Casey right off the board, and it was down to just Raphael against an injured common Mikey and Mouser Swarm. Raph managed to hit Mikey before Mikey could hit him, and that's what put the game away, since the Mouser Swarm couldn't hit a 17 with combat reflexes.

Round 3 was against Krang and Metalhead. He went super aggressive and had Krang attack Monsterex, who made his Shape Change, so he had to settle for crippling Slash. On my turn Casey charged in just because I wanted Casey there to boost Raph's attack on the attacks that mattered, but what the hell, roll to try and get crits, right? Opponent decided to PC Casey's first attack. 2 damage against imperv, but sure, better try to make that miss I guess. (Casey hit both his attacks anyway, not that it mattered.) Then Raphael came in, hit both of his attacks, and Krang couldn't do anything to stop it. And then Monsterex followed up with a charge/flurry of his own and Krang went down in a single turn. My opponent was utterly deflated and he put up some token resistance with Metalhead, but i cleaned him up pretty easy.

Casey Jones and Raphael murder everything. Seriously. Kill them before they can close to melee range or you might as well give up right then, because once they're in close you have no chance whatsoever. They laugh at swarms and they laugh at tentpoles. FEAR THEM.

• Locked thread