Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Despatcher posted:

Will Rince Pubis lose his job?

I'm reading his twitter right now and apparently everything is going great for the Republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Prof. Lurker posted:

Clinton favorability: 37/55 (-18)
Cruz favorability: 30/58 (-28)
Kasich favorability: 41/39 (+2)
Romney favorability: 23/65 (-42)
Sanders favorability: 41/48 (-7)
Trump favorability: 29/63 (-34)

Lmao at these favorability ratings

Even Bernie is underwater? Who the hell did they poll, John Kasich's living room?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
One of the great joys of this political season has been reading the news of the day translated into the idiosyncratic style of Cher's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/cher/status/715591061024821248

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I have a feeling whatever does happen at the convention is something none of us are even aware could happen.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

William Bear posted:

One of the great joys of this political season has been reading the news of the day translated into the idiosyncratic style of Cher's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/cher/status/715591061024821248

to be fair cher is about as good at international politics as trump

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

When Trump posted about the meeting on Facebook, he checked-in to an unofficial RNC page with a "Women for Trump" profile pic.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

zoux posted:

I have a feeling whatever does happen at the convention is something none of us are even aware could happen.

He will tear off his mask and reveal that he was Carrot Top all along.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

Like Chuck Grassley or someone ending up the nominee.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Alter Ego posted:

Even Bernie is underwater? Who the hell did they poll, John Kasich's living room?

while we've been beating other off itt over the current cycle, the average american keeps looking at their watch, muttering about being somewhere else, and really wishing they could just vote or whatever

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
1968 style riot with live rounds from both sides as RNC establishment religious fanatic shocktroopers fight the trumpstaffel's stormtroopers while shouting slogans on who hates immigrants and abortion more

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Betting Market Report

Trump has been nosediving the last few days, though he's still significantly ahead of the pack. Cruz, Kasich and Ryan have all taken his lost odds, with Cruz getting the biggest share.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

I'm reading his twitter right now and apparently everything is going great for the Republican party.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Typo posted:

1968 style riot with live rounds from both sides as RNC establishment religious fanatic shocktroopers fight the trumpstaffel's stormtroopers while shouting slogans on who hates immigrants and abortion more

No I thought of that.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

paranoid randroid posted:

hes gonna put up a link he claims is his endorsement announcement, but its actually a imgur album of the rest of the pictures of him standing near things

Lol

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

one thing that I can never quite wrap my head around is how trump gets all this positive media around the idea that he's "the guy who tells it like it is" because he says reprehensible poo poo all the goddamn time. the reason I can't understand it is because after every egregious loving thing that falls out of his brain, he's having to rescind or walk-back or clarify his statements, sometimes within the same hour and sometimes within the same program or event. how the hell do you get credit for being "the guy who tells it like it is" when you take back almost everything you say?

I have to assume that when people say he's "the guy who tells it like it is" what they mean is he's "the guy who says the things I really think, but like boosted_c5, am too afraid to say in public, even in front of my elderly white neighbors" and they don't care that he's having to constantly wipe up his own verbal diarrhea because he already got off the initial comment about Mexicans being rapists and that's all his audience wanted to hear.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He doesn't get any positive media?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/715621756673732608

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Typo posted:

And Democrats will sell tickets, popcorn, and beer.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

homeless poster posted:

one thing that I can never quite wrap my head around is how trump gets all this positive media around the idea that he's "the guy who tells it like it is" because he says reprehensible poo poo all the goddamn time. the reason I can't understand it is because after every egregious loving thing that falls out of his brain, he's having to rescind or walk-back or clarify his statements, sometimes within the same hour and sometimes within the same program or event. how the hell do you get credit for being "the guy who tells it like it is" when you take back almost everything you say?

Easy: He says what he thinks, and then has to walk it back because he has to "play the game" or whatever terminology people use to describe being a tone-dead politician. "Oh I'm sure he still thinks that, its all theater" etc

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Alter Ego posted:

Impossible. Trump doesn't even drink alcohol and there's a goon that says he sold Carrot Top a quarter ounce of molly.

zoux posted:

Friend recently informed me that some of Trump's delegates are going to test just how pledged they are and cast votes for Cruz on the first ballot. It's possible Trump could walk in with 1247 and still fail to clinch the nomination on the first ballot, thus opening the floor to Cruz.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

what's happened this week? other than anderson cooper getting STUMPED

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I realize everyone knows this, but it always needs to be repeated that in order for the Republican nominee to not be a massive gently caress you to the party, that person will have to be someone who managed 20% (or less) of the actual votes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Actually, slavemasters wanted children to be born, because they were free slaves. Look up the practice of birth control that slaves would try in pre Civil War America.
Also: the law would force it to come to term too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/08/opinion/pregnant-and-no-civil-rights.html?_r=0

Jesus Christ.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

so loving future posted:

Chris Matthews Stumped the Trump.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Gobbeldygook posted:

Impossible. Trump doesn't even drink alcohol and there's a goon that says he sold Carrot Top a quarter ounce of molly.

Friend recently informed me that some of Trump's delegates are going to test just how pledged they are and cast votes for Cruz on the first ballot. It's possible Trump could walk in with 1247 and still fail to clinch the nomination on the first ballot, thus opening the floor to Cruz.

They are legally bound to vote for Trump, if they vote Cruz legally their votes change to Trump automatically

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
This is a long lead up to Trump getting ratfucked at the convention and Nate Silver going "I loving told you guys and you didn't believe me you could have made millions if you had" and fly off into the sunset

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Gobbeldygook posted:

well they'll need to change the rules for that to happen. if they vote cruz, their vote counts for trump anyway and likely they'll be punished by losing their ability to be a delegate for life

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
A little late, but Trump winery does not appear to be affiliated at all with Trump:

quote:

Trump Winery is a registered trade name of Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing LLC, which is not owned, managed or affiliated with Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their affiliates.

On their 14 page loving legal document.

http://www.trumpwinery.com/legal/

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Additional Trump quote of the day

quote:

Scott Pelley: The constitution is going to tell you no.

Donald Trump: We'll see.

Scott Pelley: The Congress is going to tell you no.

Donald Trump: We'll see.

Scott Pelley: The Supreme Court is gonna tell you no.

Donald Trump: Well, we'll see.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-60-minutes-scott-pelley/

The craziness level isn't quite as high as the last couple of interviews, but there's still alot of batshittery in there.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Shageletic posted:

The craziness level isn't quite as high as the last couple of interviews, but there's still alot of batshittery in there.

"We'll see"

Trump is probably going for the "coup or bust angle"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
According to the latest Pew Research poll:

% of Republicans who think their party will unite behind Donald Trump: 38%
% of Democrats who think their party will unite behind Hillary Clinton: 64%

Also apparently the South Carolina delegate shenanigans aren't happening?

https://twitter.com/MattMooreSC/status/715625193666920449

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 31, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

so loving future posted:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Alter Ego posted:

Kasich is the only one who hasn't experienced a full-blown scrutiny phase so people still like him.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Trump: What is unfavorable may never go down in polls, but only rise again higher and yugggggggger

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Necc0 posted:

Kasich is the only one who hasn't experienced a full-blown scrutiny phase so people still like him.

Americans like him the way people "like" drywall screws: they will all agree that he seems fine but will twists and scream the second the RNC tries to shove him up their rear end

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn

Shageletic posted:

That interview is from September 2015, which might explain the difference in tone.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Typo posted:

"We'll see"

Trump is probably going for the "coup or bust angle"

I just remembered what that quote reminds me of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbpgKSXwBWc#t=00m51s

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

homeless poster posted:

I have to assume that when people say he's "the guy who tells it like it is" what they mean is he's "the guy who says the things I really think, but like boosted_c5, am too afraid to say in public, even in front of my elderly white neighbors" and they don't care that he's having to constantly wipe up his own verbal diarrhea because he already got off the initial comment about Mexicans being rapists and that's all his audience wanted to hear.

Precisely.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I completely understand why a candidate attacking the media works so well. I just tried listening to Jake Tapper for literally 15 seconds and when he said "WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT, TRUMP?" my head both melted and exploded at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

homeless poster posted:

You probably can't wrap your head around it because you're also thinking he's said Mexicans are rapists.

• Locked thread