Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It was awesome, I literally laughed out loud

And I'm pretty autistic, so that's high praise

Thanks. I don't post much, but when I do, I like it to count. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

You did kinda hint at something...

Show me again where it has any indication to my providing any information today.

I'll wait.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I had to turn the AtV poo poo off. With yesterday's dribble I couldn't take it.

Just what exactly is the alpha UEC and how is it earned?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That guy keeps up the good fight

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

You did kinda hint at something...

please don't steal, original art

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Gurzi posted:

PRO-ARTIST TIP: Does the image you want to use only have one visible arm? Just keep pasting it over and over! they're p much interchangeable like who's gonna ever notice lmao

Original here.

I have no deviant art account... but I see that no one (unless PM) has informed him that his stuff has been plagiarized and being used for profits yet?

Also, LOL at the plagiarist Ryan Archer.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Show me again where it has any indication to my providing any information today.

I'll wait.

Stop posting

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

High Admiral...

no, like he's probably literally high to believe that stuff.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
When I was a little boy, maybe 9 years old, my great-uncle owned a shrimp boat out of Jacksonville FL. It was a modest ship, not even 50 ft long. We'd go for cruises on it and he'd just trawl a little with it and we'd dump the shrimp in to a few 50 gallon drums, good childhood summer memories of sunsets at sea and my dad and uncles teaching us how to rig nets and safely throw unwanted fish back to sea. But that day, when I was 9, my uncle told me a story from his own experience.

In the halcyon days of his youth he worked on a fishing boat out of Savannah GA right after he got back from serving as an electrician on a US Navy cruiser in WW2. The boat he was working on wasn't in the best shape, water would seep in from the glass on windy days, it would creak incessantly when the waves were hitting it on the sides with any real force and the engine was always making new shades of black and grey with the smoke pouring out of it in places that weren't the exhaust. My great uncle and the three other working hands on the boat told the owner/captain about it every day, telling him to take a day or two to pull the ship out and patch some spots, maybe check some seals on the windows and motor, flush out the entire engine. The man who captained the vessel said they were just belly aching, "So long as there's fish in the nets it's a good fishing ship" he'd tell them, verbatim. He said they were just trying to get extra time off to go blow their money and get drunk at the bars.

The crew just shrugged their shoulders and stayed on his payroll, each time the vessel would make scarier noises, spew darker smoke and leak more water than it did the last time but the captain kept it in the water because the nets were full. This went on for months until one morning, about three quarters of a mile from the dock the boat finally had its dramatic end. The engine belched a dark smoke and spewed fire out of the intake, catching the the engine room on fire, this fire quickly started to grow as rags and other material in the bay caught. The captain then tried to quickly point the ship back to the dock, but the fire must have weakened the structural integrity of the aft of the ship, because the engine bay popped a nice sized hole and the gushing water put the fire out, but quickly began to sink the ship. The men onboard quickly jumped in to the ocean and started swimming away toward the shoreline as the ship plunged methodically in to the early morning's dark ocean.

My great uncle said they spent almost an hour treading water in cold water waiting to be rescued, the Coast Guard finally showed up as the sun was clearing the horizon. All of them survived, the captain of the ship even got in a bit of trouble and had to pay a fine for the whole ordeal. My great uncle got on with a new ship a few days later, making sure the owner kept it in good shape.

As I look at this project and what EightAce, Derek and a few others report on it with their industry knowledge I'm reminded of my late and great uncle and this story he told us as we sat on the bow of his modest boat on that warm summer day. "Fish in the nets won't get you home safe"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Not that I have looked for it but, any news about the exiters?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5VfKSYvSk

Derek: "Oh I'm jacked. I'm jacked to the TITS!!!"

e: this is literally a perfect metaphor for what's going on right now.

Derek: "Do you feel it??"

Goons: "No."

:laffo:
Still catching up, been out whole day.
But this made my week.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

blueberrysmith posted:

please don't steal, original art

3 days. 3 days to tell us that he had nothing to tell us 3 days ago.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I did so interested to see if you're ignoring me now. Roughly how many CIG staff do you think had their last day today? I think you mentioned this before but it's difficult to keep track.

Considering that you're one of the more serious posters here, me ignoring you would be my loss.

I know of 11 (confirmed) who are on the way out the door. Some didn't even give the pre-requisite notice; just waiting for that paycheck.

I actually have a list that I'm working. I will throw hints while not pointing anyone out as that's just bad (as has been pointed out to me, the last time I did it) for them.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The posts really remind me of Karl with the complaint about vigilante mobs and the pseudo-psychology.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

MedicineHut posted:

Not that I have looked for it but, any news about the exiters?

The correct term is "leavers"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhM1zOxxLOY&t=324s

Gorf, dunno if this was mentioned, talk of melting and unmelting going away when shops are in, another way to get money, think someone mentioned this recently.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D_Smart posted:

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

Look mate, a lot of us have been here a great deal longer than you, so go gently caress yourself, we do what we want.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

cocaine dad show posted:

I have a question, with full understanding and respect that you are only able to hint at so much and that your hands are tied with regards to what you can hint at: is this ELE something that is an inevitable consequence of the project, as in it was doomed just for scope creep and such, or is this something they have brought on themselves by the gross mismanagement and fuckups along the way?

A combination of all the above - and other events - created the E.L.E.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

D_Smart posted:

I'll wait.

Aww C'mon D, you have been ramping up the hype towards the whole E.L.E. past couple of days.
Thank god for the Tracergate to keep our minds occupied.
e; Just to be clear, I believe you when you say poo poo is going down.

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 31, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhM1zOxxLOY&t=324s

Gorf, dunno if this was mentioned, talk of melting and unmelting going away when shops are in, another way to get money, think someone mentioned this recently.

I mentioned it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

l-o-l

bye derek, we hardly knew ye

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

e: yes I'm now loving up my own art just to annoy Smartdad

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This is starting to feel like some kind of lovely forum based version of a cold read medium.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MeLKoR posted:

l-o-l

bye derek, we hardly knew ye

it's okay he's already reversed course on it

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

DEREK STOP READING THE POSTS ARCHER ARCHER

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beet Wagon posted:

e: yes I'm now loving up my own art just to annoy Smartdad

but you see it's parodying ryan archer, not actual ryan archer art, therefore it doesn't count and he can keep posting without going back on his promise

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

:yarg:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it has been fun catching up with the thread this morning.

shine on derek you crazy beautiful diamond

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

A combination of all the above - and other events - created the E.L.E.

Are you waiting for a third party to do something before you talk about the E.L.E. ?

Is it CIG or someone else?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

but you see it's parodying ryan archer, not actual ryan archer art, therefore it doesn't count and he can keep posting without going back on his promise

But Ryan Archer's art isn't Ryan Archer's art either

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

it's okay he's already reversed course on it

It might have just been an inverse troll though

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solomonic posted:

Toops, can warrant canaries be some of the procedurally generated birds for Solar Plebeian?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nice thing about all this is it reminds me the season premier of Archer is on tonight.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

But Ryan Archer's art isn't Ryan Archer's art either

It is a conundrum

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
Ryan Archer :)

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/160210/repair-bear-pics-lets-start-photoshoping/p4

Known Citizen. Everything is normal.

Oh no, he got duped before!

http://www.centriclegends.com/threads/broken-age.16972/

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Edit, ^^^ Heh, I'm wrong again.

There's a good 70% chance that's Karl, he likes to register new accounts and post stupid poo poo like that as we saw here and on reddit.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Fair warning: Both shows are pretty great, but the first seasons are dramatically better than the second, for both.

(The Code Geass OVA series has some pretty swanky CGI mecha combat tho & some pretty cool action set pieces)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

sunaurus posted:

It might have just been an inverse troll though

i really liked that too, because if you say "puppetmaster" you've already lost

use a different word and it's fine though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Meanwhile, in EVE Online.