Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What is it about cannibalism that makes it so much worse than just killing a dude and leaving it at that? Neo is the creepiest motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
Does Jirou even have a Gourmet Demon? Kinda seems like he is one himself.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I'm laughing at the old-lady looking Nitro getting choked the gently caress out by Jirou. Acacia is still there, right? He and Neo seems to be "partners"

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
With all the ramping up of "neo is the hungriest and strongest dude" I hope the plot conclusion isn't just "actually toriko is, because he's 2 3.... maybe 4 dudes?"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

davidHalestorm posted:

I'm laughing at the old-lady looking Nitro getting choked the gently caress out by Jirou. Acacia is still there, right? He and Neo seems to be "partners"

Jirou choking out 3 nitros at once is the best thing

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Considering NEO just ate a supernovae, what's going to happen is that when they defeat NEO, everything he's eaten is going to burst out at once and form a new Gourmet Universe

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Considering NEO just ate a supernovae, what's going to happen is that when they defeat NEO, everything he's eaten is going to burst out at once and form a new Gourmet Universe

Maybe he purges every so often to stay trim

That was crazy intense btw

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Jirou choking out 3 nitros at once is the best thing

I guess they should've taken him more seriously when he said he used to eat lizards all the time, back in the the day.

Cody Banks posted:

In addition to this, does the Eight Kings have Gourmet Cells? I can't recall if it s mentioned. The only I remembered, that Bambina's ancestor drank Pair dry and that's why his species is super strong.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
writing wise i am fine with Neo going to eat Jirou but please dont eat Jirou

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Komatsu is gonna cook something so good it'll satisfy Neo and that'll be the end I imagine, since it looks like no amount of food-punching works.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
"Wait how did you guys not notice this" *komatsu flips switch on side of god before jamming it into his mouth, universe resets"

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

dragon enthusiast posted:

That was almost exactly my thought. The fact that whoever he eats doesn't show up in the spirit realm is telling. I feel like this is going to go full Super Mario Galaxy weird.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Komatsu is gonna cook something so good it'll satisfy Neo and that'll be the end I imagine, since it looks like no amount of food-punching works.

Jirou right now is in the good guy-bad guy limbo.

I honestly cannot tell where his loyalties lie. And hes super-ultra powerful so im enven more concerned

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Death Bot posted:

"Wait how did you guys not notice this" *komatsu flips switch on side of god before jamming it into his mouth, universe resets"

The problem was that everyone grilled god when the proper way to bring 120% of god flavor out is to sous vide. :chef:

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I prefer God tartare myself.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Acacia ordered his good medium well

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I thought that was going to be hunger Pacman, not a supernova.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Cody Banks posted:

I hope Jirou is the Kenpachi of Toriko

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

http://readms.com/r/toriko/365/3327/1

These gourmet old people are a menace. Someone should pass a law prohibiting lizard diets.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I like that he became young and handsome after he finally removed all the knocking. Also Guinness is a softy :kimchi:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Cody Banks posted:

Your question just got answered, dude. Holy poo poo. I love how the sealing nails just kept coming off his body. Also, motherfucking Setsuna

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

These loving Gourmet Old People. Christ.

What is Midora even doing now? Because Joa is six billion kinds of intergalactifucked if he can do what Jirou can do.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Well, considering Midora already demonstrated that he can land 6 lethal blows on Joa in less than 0.1 second, Joa has to pull some next level Gourmet bullshit to survive.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I mean that's guaranteed to happen and it will almost certainly be related to Joa riding around in Midoriya's adopted mom's Frankensteined body.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

davidHalestorm posted:

Well, considering Midora already demonstrated that he can land 6 lethal blows on Joa in less than 0.1 second, Joa has to pull some next level Gourmet bullshit to survive.

Joa takes out The Bottle Opener and wrecks Midora.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

davidHalestorm posted:

Your question just got answered, dude. Holy poo poo.

If I'm reading it right, it seems his power comes from being raised from infancy on a diet that was extremely rich in gourmet cells. I'd say he's more of a monster like one of the 8 Kings than anything. All the other top-tiers are human/demon "hybrids."

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Use the can opener

This is so stupid I love it.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Jesus Christ

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's so fitting for Toriko that the distinguishing characteristic of humans vs. Gourmet demons is "Do they have testicles?"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Annointed posted:

Use the can opener

This is so stupid I love it.
Toriko is fantastic for having moments that jar you out of your reverie.

Like oh no gently caress the can opener what could it do... wait what did I just say outloud?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Next chapter is out:

http://readms.com/r/toriko/366/

We get more Gourmet Science and dramatic shots of golden cooking implements . Oh and motherfuckers getting punched into space

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh my god he can knock time itself :stare: this fuckin series

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Oh my god he can knock time itself :stare: this fuckin series

Also, he can knock using his breath :psyboom:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:black101:HEAD SHAKER!!!:black101:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ze Knockah

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

What's Japan's deal with equating super-tough guys with that goofy 50's style pompadour hair? Jirou's got it, Takamura in Ippo has it, there's a dude in Bleach with it. Why's it so prolific?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's sort of a stereotypical "punk" look in Japan, basically. There's several biker gangs that go all in with the overdone rockabilly 50's thing and have since, well, the 50's, and it's sort of gotten extended as visual shorthand for a rebellious personality.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It took me a minute to see what was going on with the guy in the middle there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

That's ... I mean I appreciate the effort the guy in the middle put in but I just can't take that seriously, the cultural gulf is too strong.

That said I do think Jirou looks cool.

• Locked thread