Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Forming into a god drat golem seems like something they should have been reacting way bigger to.

:cop: This is my life now. *sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Remf posted:

This show is pretty great sometimes.

Can someone post Lance bunny-hopping over Curtis?? It was a bee-view shot, made me laugh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Remf posted:

Wow, that's pretty terrific.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Felicity is in the grave and the Felicity in the limo is just another of Oliver's growing headspace friends guilting him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Felicity is dead but the implanted chip has gained sentience and has taken over her body for it's own use.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Whatever happened to Ray Palmer, anyway?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

CornHolio posted:

Um. Legends Of Tomorrow?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

CornHolio posted:

He's a legend, tomorrow.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CornHolio posted:

Haven't you heard?? Rip Hunter took us from time and made us Legends!:iamafag:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In story there's no reason Rip shouldn't just drop him back off a half second after he took him, unless he dies.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Aphrodite posted:

In story there's no reason Rip shouldn't just drop him back off a half second after he took him, unless he dies.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Remf posted:

I was 100% ok with this because anybody who has been chased by a bee will know all grace and reason leave you and you flail and hop over things trying to get away

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mortanis posted:

Felicity is in the grave and the Felicity in the limo is just another of Oliver's growing headspace friends guilting him.

Just like head-Shado.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Wait a minute, so we all know the mayor plot line was already 100% dead but they confirmed it this episode and the reason they gave was really laughable.

So Oliver isn't going to un-suspend his campaign because the voters, "don't like flip-flopping."He was forced to suspend his campaign because his was blackmailed due to his son being kidnapped, I don't think the voters mind if he jumps back in.

I mean, it should not still be a secret right? Because Damien Dhark is on trial for it? He was arrested at the crime scene with an abducted child. That's literally what they were talking about in the trial. Did the prosecution not give any context for the crime? Did they not talk about motive or try to get the kid to testify that he was in fact kidnapped?

They didn't did they because why would Alex be trying to join the mayoral campaign of someone circumstantially linked to a child's kidnapping?

edit:

Remf posted:

I enjoyed this flip though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody knows she's Darhk's wife.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Now I want to see how different superheroes react to being chased by a bee.

Mr.Terrific - Flips
Green Arrow - Well unless it's a swarm I guess he shoots it.
Superman - Nothing. Can't sting him anyway.
Batman - Well-placed Batarang.
Green Lantern - Traps it in a ring-constructed box/Uses ring-construct fly swatter.
Flash - ..."Run, Barry!"

Proposition Joe posted:

Wait a minute, so we all know the mayor plot line was already 100% dead but they confirmed it this episode and the reason they gave was really laughable.

So Oliver isn't going to un-suspend his campaign because the voters, "don't like flip-flopping."He was forced to suspend his campaign because his was blackmailed due to his son being kidnapped, I don't think the voters mind if he jumps back in.

I mean, it should not still be a secret right? Because Damien Dhark is on trial for it? He was arrested at the crime scene with an abducted child. That's literally what they were talking about in the trial. Did the prosecution not give any context for the crime? Did they not talk about motive or try to get the kid to testify that he was in fact kidnapped?

What Aphrodite said, and also the kid was Oliver Queen's illegitimate child...so...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
That flip was entirely unexpected for me... I mean, I saw it and then started doubting what I'd seen, because the rest of the scene was him and Lance running around and falling into stuff and each other like the typical person scared of bees would; maybe somewhat more dramatized for humor purposes.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody knows she's Darhk's wife.

That doesn't matter if someone kidnaps a kid and tells your mayoral opponent to drop out and endorse you you're kinda hosed by association.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

:siren:Massive graveyard spoilers:siren:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Well... That's certainly different. Not what I would want to have on my tombstone anyway.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

can't wait to see the justification for this and not Felicity

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

:whitewater:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy notes it's a Legends cross-over, so potentially there's some time travel shenanigans and it might not be final.

It would be extremely cheap, but better than killing the Black Canary on a Green Arrow TV show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The guy notes it's a Legends cross-over, so potentially there's some time travel shenanigans and it might not be final.

It would be extremely cheap, but better than killing the Black Canary on a Green Arrow TV show.

It's probably part of the episode where the LoT crew has to go and protect their younger selves so it's probably what would've happened if the crew died before taking part in their respective shows (except for Hawkgirl I guess).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Of course they'd kill the black canary and not the white canary #blacklivesmatter

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

It's probably part of the episode where the LoT crew has to go and protect their younger selves so it's probably what would've happened if the crew died before taking part in their respective shows (except for Hawkgirl I guess).

Saw elsewhere that the photos are from LoT's season finale.

You would think that if this is all just face value what's going to happen, they'd close the set.

They know this stuff gets all over social media, so unless they've just given up you have to think that they're letting it out because there's a twist planned.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I'm torn about reading all that spoiler text, on the one hand this show has been pretty dumb except for this week and though I'm hoping it'll finish strong, I have my doubts.

On the other hand, I don't want to ruin who's in the grave if it actually turns out to be well done because that might strip what little punch the end of this season will have quality-wise.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I actually liked that this episode while it had drama did also have a bunch of levity and Oliver's apology and starting to changing attitude at the end was nice.

They need to keep up the running gag that Oliver knows gently caress all about anything in the real world. "There's movies?"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Bee Lady is the worst villain in either show. Bringing her back was pretty dumb. Oliver getting mad at Curtis for making jokes is a pretty clear example of the difference between Flash and Arrow. On Flash they're joking around all the time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tree Dude posted:

Bee Lady is the worst villain in either show. Bringing her back was pretty dumb. Oliver getting mad at Curtis for making jokes is a pretty clear example of the difference between Flash and Arrow. On Flash they're joking around all the time!

Didn't Flash get a big ratings bump when she was on that was attributed to Walking Dead fans tuning in?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Rhyno posted:

Didn't Flash get a big ratings bump when she was on that was attributed to Walking Dead fans tuning in?

:shrug: I guess that could explain that decision. I got off The Walking Dead train pretty early. Wish I could say the same for Arrow :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bee Lady is hilarious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also Emily Kinney is friggin adorable, who wouldn't want her on their show?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I liked the pouty face she made when she was mocking Felicity about her break up.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Didn't you watch Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? That's not how Rufus said it works!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Props to whoever called Curtis becoming the new "tech person", if that continues anyway, and he had a lot to do with this episode being enjoyable.

I liked how the first thing he does after helping the Arrow is lie to his husband and promise never to do it again. He's a perfect fit for the team!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

can't wait to see the justification for this and not Felicity

the family DID have a free plot available...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

They probably just haven't realized she's actually 30, not 16.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Also Emily Kinney is friggin adorable, who wouldn't want her on their show?

After this episode, I'd want her to bee on all of them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

why did two different dc tv shows this week have mediocre episodes where a gay glasses boy kinda-sorta joins the team and helps stop the villain-of-the-week with soundwave frequency technobabble

• Locked thread