Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Niddhogg posted:

I think Carrot is gonna be another temporary crew member since she said saving Sanji "sounds like fun" and now she's on that color spread with other Sanji rescue rangers

Yeah I can see that, probably stow away on whatever ship they take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Je suis fatigue posted:

Yeah I can see that, probably stow away on whatever ship they take.

Robin 2.0

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Now I really wanna see a courtroom drama featuring a kilometres-tall elephant as the defendant.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I want to know who or what was strong enough to subdue and bind Zunisha forever :stonk:.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
I think the "tiger" on the color spread is actually Pedro the jaguar.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Holy gently caress that chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GoldenPrice posted:

I think the "tiger" on the color spread is actually Pedro the jaguar.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

One of the Guardians, Pedro, I think?

He's the one who requested that the Straw Hats heal Inu and Neko.

HAH!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ThingOne posted:

I want to know who or what was strong enough to subdue and bind Zunisha forever :stonk:.

Duty and Loyalty :911:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ThingOne posted:

Like I mentioned, this probably indicates that there's scales of power so massive (yet hidden from our point of view) in the One Piece world that we can barely imagine their full extent like the proverbial iceberg. That creature/thing at the end of Thriller Bark is also probably something on the scale of Zunisha.

Calling it now: somewhere in the New World there's a literal Cthulu-expy/Lovecraftian horror with immense and unimaginable power, Kaidou probably has control over this beast as part of his Thousand Beasts.

E: So can we confirm that Jack is finally dead now? Those ships look definitively wrecked and sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Even with his super strength and bounty, I don't think Jack as a devil fruit user is going to make it out of this one.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 31, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
That color spread owns :stare:

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
One of his crew may be able to swim and pull him back up, but even with that I don't see jack coming back into the story for a while.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
His mask broke. That's usually a sign someone's out of the game.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
drat, what a chapter. I am thinking just like how there can be multiple Plutons there can be multiple posidons. Makes sense to have redundancy especially if your ultimate weapon is biological.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Can't wait to see how Toei fucks it up :v:.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Also I can't imagine the mooks on his ship could survive a blow from Zunisha like that.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I was wondering how Jack was going to be dealt with, seeing as how he's essentially the world's strongest mook.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo the artwork in this chapter.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah i kinda jaw dropped @ the elephant loving poo poo up

that was dope as hell

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jack deserved better as a Yonkou's big 3. He was beat up by a cat and dog then defeated offsreen by the marines. Only thing the poor guy had going for him was his cool elephant powers, and even that was swatted away by a better elephant.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Sub Harrison posted:

Jack deserved better as a Yonkou's big 3. He was beat up by a cat and dog then defeated offsreen by the marines. Only thing the poor guy had going for him was his cool elephant powers, and even that was swatted away by a better elephant.

The Elephant thing worked imo, I really did want to see his hybrid form though

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

dazoner posted:

The Elephant thing worked imo, I really did want to see his hybrid form though

Zunisha loving owned, I just feel sympathetic towards Jack that he never got a proper beatdown from Luffy and the gang.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Eh, Jack could still get dragged to one of Zunisha's legs by a lackey and turn up later after recovering.

I hope not though, that was the perfect gently caress-you finisher.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I kind of liked how they made his insane plan plausibly workable, too. If Momonosuke hadn't been on Zou, Jack would be sitting on the world's largest ivory stockpile right now.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Luckily Jack was carrying a shipment of super-floaty wood.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

Jack deserved better as a Yonkou's big 3.

Vergo and Monet were the best part of DD's crew (beside Senor Pink) and they didn't even make it to Dressrosa.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: So can we confirm that Jack is finally dead now? Those ships look definitively wrecked and sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Even with his super strength and bounty, I don't think Jack as a devil fruit user is going to make it out of this one.
It's 2016 and you guys are still thinking people die offscreen in One Piece.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah Jack is more likely to be sitting at the bottom of the ocean, holding his breath, doing his veiny eyes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I hope Jack becomes a recurring joke in the New World. The person with the highest bounty ever constantly not quite meeting the strawhats and being destroyed off-screen.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it seems pretty clear that jacks power was played up so that the elephant looked way more badass and to set future events in place

also lol kidd in jail? guessing apoo was a double agent or something i guess

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

anime was right posted:

it seems pretty clear that jacks power was played up so that the elephant looked way more badass and to set future events in place

Or Kidd just couldn't stop being... well... Kidd around the baddest motherfucker on the seas.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
[spoiler]Man I hope that color spread means Pedro's gonna be the tenth Strawhat I don't even care that he's another swordguy[/spoiler[

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Is there a way I can get a print of this and hang it up?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

anime was right posted:

Where does it say that Kidd is in jail?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pewdiepie posted:

Where does it say that Kidd is in jail?

look at the foot/pants between the bars on the last page.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sub Harrison posted:

Cat and Dog were not able to beat him. Just Stalemate him for 12 hours swap places to rest and stalemate him again they made no progress against Jack himself. The guy while forced to run from the Marines, did take on an Admiral and the Former Fleet Admiral, and he did not look that much worse for wear.

Guy is badass, but the elephant was too much for him.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

anime was right posted:

If that's Kidd, I'm curious as to why Kaidou would jail him versus just killing him. Harsh punishment seems to be Kaidou's modus operandi.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If that's Kidd, I'm curious as to why Kaidou would jail him versus just killing him. Harsh punishment seems to be Kaidou's modus operandi.

Perhaps he wants to do some good ol' fashioned torture or even exploit his magnetic powers.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That panel is pretty small and honestly, I can't even make out any details like a foot or pants. That said, how do we know that it's showing the inside of a cell and not the outside? Perhaps Kidd is the one picking up the snailphone call?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I noticed that Scratch's snailphone has horns. Did he have those before? It's entirely possible that Kaido's discovered a way to stack Zoan fruits on top of other ones, and Kidd needs to be confined while he undergoes the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I noticed that Scratch's snailphone has horns. Did he have those before? It's entirely possible that Kaido's discovered a way to stack Zoan fruits on top of other ones, and Kidd needs to be confined while he undergoes the process.

It's Kaido's denden mushi and Apoo is calling from the other side.