Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Also note it was Jimbo who is a huge pussy.

I didn't see any Jimbo in that fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Jameson_COOP punches Jimbo Akimbo_CRAP in the left hand with his left hand and the injured part explodes into gore!

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Yessss two kills. Onwards, comrades!

Can anyone explain how point gain works now? I'm trying to plan ahead but keep ending up with seemingly random numbers of points to spend which is confusing.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Every round, you get a small amount of points as long as you visited the website at some point between the latest two (of your team's) fights.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

my dad posted:

Every round, you get a small amount of points as long as you visited the website at some point between the latest two (of your team's) fights.

How many, though?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I believe the base is 50, which is affected by your race. Trolls and other large creatures get fewer points, whilst kobolds get more. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
smaller races get more

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Tiler Kiwi posted:

smaller races get more

It's Political Correctness gone mad.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 13, Fight 2 :siren:

Two Chicks with Dicks (7-5) is on the left side of the arena.
Suck & gently caress Pighead (Dirty Frank) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and wears no armor.
Bo (Haystack) is a male human. He wields a bronze short sword and a wooden shield and wears a leather cap, leather armor, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears a copper mail shirt and bronze gauntlets.
Richard Kyanka (Lorrdernie) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze large dagger and wears no armor.

Hell's Dentists (9-3) is on the right side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears leather gauntlets.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, iron gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Hell's Dentists is a 2.17 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 8570.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3951.00 dwarfbucks for Two Chicks with Dicks.

There is a distinct size advantage on the right side of the arena. Judging by the layouts we might get to see a dwarf vs dwarf fight. Iron great axe vs iron pick. That'd be neat.

The first flurry of blows is blocked by armor and weapons. Richard Kyanka, the little gnome, finally gets a dagger past Krog's defense and slashes open his cheek. It's superficial but first blood is first blood.

I loving love it when this happens. Everyone splits off in pairs. The melee down bottom has blows traded between twosomes, but not many to start.

Alright, I lied. Kyanka's dagger darts in and shatters Flynns left shin, sending the dwarf to the floor.

Top right: Madmartigan and Suck and gently caress duke it out. Suck and gently caress smashes the molemans head, fracturing the skull, but otherwise neither fighter is able to gain an edge.

Top left: Abominable gasps in pain as his right hand is cut to the bone.

Down bottom: Flynn can't get a blow against the agile dark gnome, but neither can anyone get through Flynns iron mail. Stumpy is stumped by the mail.

Richard Kyanka dodges away from Krog Bonesmasha, laughing all the while. Flynn, still grounded from his broken leg, doesn't gently caress around with his one blow that connects. Richards head flies through the air.

A heartbeat later Abominable hits the floor with a fractured skull.

Stumpy is now in a 2v1, although one of the two is grounded.

Bo has a short sword and he doesn't gently caress around. Abominables head collapses.

Top right: Madmartigan and Suck and gently caress don't do poo poo. Seriously. I've been trying to include them in the writeup but it's block-dodge-block-on-shield-parry-dodge...

Now Bo has a choice. Does he go help Stumpy in the 2v1, or does he help Suck and gently caress against the larger moleman?

Stumpy laughs and waves Bo away, yelling "It's just a wee little elf with a hammer, I'll be fine."

Immediately after saying that, Krog lands his hammer in consecutive blows. Stumpy grunts, but the light copper hammer only causes bruises.

Suck and gently caress fractures Madmartigans hand, forcing the moleman to drop the pick. Another blow breaks a foot, and Madmartigan hits the floor. A third blow breaks the other foot. Finally, Bo arrives on scene and begins removing body parts from Madmartigan.

Down bottom: Stumpy is ignoring Krog, dodging and absorbing blows while he hacks at the downed Flynn. Flynns armor protects him.

Suck and gently caress takes advantage and pulps Madmartigans arm. Bo removes the other hand.

Down below: Stumpy's axe clangs off of Flynns helmet. Iron vs iron. Stumpy tries for the neck, but somehow a copper breastplate deflects the blow. Stumpy tries the ear, and the ear comes off. Atta girl, Stumpy: Take smaller pieces!

Bo chops into Madmartigans ribs, arteries spray blood everywhere. Suck and gently caress breaks Madmartigans spine just as he bleeds to death, therefore Suck and gently caress gets the kill.

Stumpy was doing fine by herself, but welcomes her teammates to the fray.

Stumpy finally lands a clean blow and Flynns foot flies through the air.

Suck and gently caress smashes Flynns chest, sending ribs into the lungs, and the dwarf passes out from the pain. Stumpy charges, misses Flynn, and collides with Bo. They are driven back a step, and fall together in a stunned pile. Suck and gently caress crushes Flynns head and is now 1v1 with Krog for a bit.

Krog manages to bruise Suck and gently caress, but then the stunned duo is back. Stumpy takes Krogs arm off.

And now it's 3v1.

Stumpy crushes his chest with her axe. Suck and gently caress pounds the skull to pieces for the kill.

Two Chicks with Dicks win with what looked like an easy 4-1 victory. This round is weird.

Kills:
Suck and gently caress: 3
Bo: 1

Flynn: 1

Combat Log

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Did Suck & gently caress actually steal three kills there? Good work! That's the sort of fighting I like to see.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Everyone on my team bet on Suck & gently caress and came out ahead. I'm okay with this.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Gemclod run comes to an end, with the second team of Boatmurdered managing an impressive upset. The reference to David Cameron's love life nearly doubles their kill tally against what is currently the second strongest team in the event. (On kill difference by one point: Worse Munki can overtake them if they best the Skeletons.)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am cheering on Worse Munki.

If they win and we win this round, then Petting Zoo will have a very good chance at 11-7 record and placing second in the division. Of course the monkey wrench will be the last 3 rounds where homefield advantage comes back into play.

In Gemclod, first place isn't locked up yet, but 2nd place will be a fantastic battle.

I'll cheat to win, don't worry fellow Zoo buddies.

Edit: Oh poo poo. We fight SSS with them having the +1 homefield advantage. I guess second place will be decided with that one match.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 31, 2016

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Now I see the error of my ways. Flynn isn't a fight winner, he's a showoff, sure he can chop someone's head off while crippled and on the floor:black101:, but he still let himself get crippled. Probably on purpose because it was the most metal thing to do.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Powerfrog posted:

Now I see the error of my ways. Flynn isn't a fight winner, he's a showoff, sure he can chop someone's head off while crippled and on the floor:black101:, but he still let himself get crippled. Probably on purpose because it was the most metal thing to do.

And how metal was it? That one hit decapitation whilst crippled took Flynn to twenty kills, level with Chaz in the #1 spot, only the second quadruple ace in the event.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Stumpy would like to thank Krog 'Bonesmasher' for the relaxing mid-fight foot massage. Seems like elves are good for something, after all.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
As much as I want to whine about losing my sweet, sweet dorfbux and all, I suppose this is ultimately good for my team. I guess I'll accept it.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'll cheat to win, don't worry fellow Zoo buddies.

:hfive: Just make sure someone dies in each of our games, so no one suspects anything. I nominate Antwoman.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 13, Fight 3 :siren:

Worse Munki (9-3) is on the left side of the arena.
Experiment Twenty-Two (fallingdownjoe) is a female tigerman. She wields an iron long sword and wears an iron helm and an iron mail shirt.
Strangler Than Fiction (Tunicate) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears an iron helm, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, a platinum mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and copper low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears leather leggings and leather high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, leather leggings, and leather gauntlets.

Spooky Scary Skeletons (6-6) is on the right side of the arena.
Tash Al'rhyn (tithin) is a female werewolf. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears a bronze mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper greaves, leather gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Bad Munki (Coward) is a male kobold. He wields a steel bow and wears a leather cap.
Candy Corn Tiger (Klokwurk) is a male tigerman. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm, an iron mail shirt, and bronze gauntlets.

Worse Munki is a 1.94 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 5625.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2896.00 dwarfbucks for Spooky Scary Skeletons .

The fight starts with the twang of a bowstring from Bad Munki. Strangler doesn't bother to dodge and the arrow crashes into, and through his ribs. Strangler is now in severe pain and he hasn't even taken a second step.

Strangler bleeds everywhere in his attempt to get to the melee. Chaz Steadyfist arrives like the killing machine he is and stabs Candy Corn in the leg, tearing fat for the first non-arrow blood of the match.

Strangler latches on to the other strangler, and Three Gremlins' arm is nearly torn out of socket. Three Gremlins chops off Stranglers left hand in retaliation.

Candy Corn laughs as Chaz bounces off his chest with a poor charge, and then breaks open the werewolfs skull.

SRIRACHA FARTSTORM dodges an arrow as two of his teammates pass out from pain.

Candy Corn stabs Chaz in the stomach, opening arteries and causing immense pain. Chaz stands impaled on the halberd for 3 lines of combat before he finally falls over.

Three Gremlins is being shaken by his head, but manages to pick Strangler who passes out from previous injuries.

What the gently caress. gently caress you guys, this is bullshit. Chaz was supposed to 4-0 you cocksuckers so that my team ends up in second place.

gently caress this and gently caress you, Candy Corn. You destroyed my hopes and dreams.

Three Gremlins takes a second team kill and is entered on my personal "kill your stupid face" list.

Turns out I forgot about Experiment 22. The tiger stabs Tash the werewolf in the elbow so hard that Tash passes out from pain.

SRIRACHA bruises Three Gremlins.

Experiment 22 takes a wolf head for her collection. Worse Munki is still down 2 fighters to SSS's one dead.

What the gently caress is up with my GIFs turning green when saving? Anyone have a different gif program other than GIFCam?

Here you can barely see SRIRACHA dodging another arrow expertly, and then Experiment 22 slashing Three Gremlins from shoulder to crotch from behind. SRIRACHA is doing a very good job of drawing fire.

Candy Corn arrives on the scene and chops Experiment 22's chest cavity wide open. For some reason Experiment 22 doesn't pass out. SRIRACHA smashes Candy Corn's lungs and ribs, and then Experiment 22 chops Candy Corn's leg down to the bone. Candy Corn passes out.

The "Three Gremlins" dying thing happened in the poo poo GIF, so I re-wrote it on this image.

Candy Corns head is crushed by SRIRACHA.

I GIF'd the rest of the fight because I didn't know if Bad Munki's next arrow would put SRIRACHA down, and then he'd only have the terribly injured Experiment 22 to deal with.

Turns out it missed, and then the little kobold was chopped up and smashed into bits. Experiment 22 takes his head.

Experiment 22 is pretty loving hurt.

But SRIRACHA only broke his 'ring' toe.

Kills:
Experiment 22: 3
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM: 1

Three Gremlins: 1
Candy Corn: 1

Combat Log

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Holy poo poo. Good work tigerwoman!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Strangler bleeds everywhere in his attempt to get to the melee. Chaz Steadyfist arrives like the killing machine he is and stabs Candy Corn in the leg, tearing fat for the first non-arrow blood of the match.

match report posted:

Three Gremlins_SSS strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM_WOR in the fourth toe, left foot with his iron pick, tearing apart the fat through the small cow leather high boot!
Chaz Steadyfist_WOR stabs Candy Corn_SSS in the right lower leg with his iron halberd, tearing the fat!

Come on, man, this is Bad Munki-tier misinformation. Sriracha moves up to triple ace, just ahead of Candy Corn's 14 kills and in striking distance of TGiaB's dirty dozen, but the real test will be when the Petting Zoo go to war, with Gemclod's honour at stake.

The Zoo and the Skeletons look set to be locked in their bitter rivalry to the end, but right now their division needs a good showing to avoid conceding this round to the elephant-burners of Boatmurdered.

Will the Petting Zoo choke yet again?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In my defense when I started the writeup Chaz was already down and I was annoyed that we were going to be in third place and I didn't really pay attention to the log.

Edit: In response to your question... Yes, very likely that we choke. Simon and Moley (whose name I don't even know) need to tie up Eyeteeth long enough for Cowboy and Antwoman to take out the two unarmored opponents up top. Otherwise it's game over.

Kill tally HERE for you guys that want to know wtf Impy is talking about with triple doubles and poo poo.

Edit 2: Wait, Simon is the mole. So Simon and Snakey. Stephen? Whatever. I don't run those fights so I don't know their names.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 31, 2016

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Also, with that fight Experiment 22 doubled her kill tally. Take that, people who thought she was average!

...she's still bad.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Three fights in one day? That's insanity!

:siren: Round 13, Fight 8 :siren:

Team Laser Explosion (5-7) is on the left side of the arena.
Anthony (dasmause) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Mogwai (Dark Off) is a female gremlin. She wields a copper large dagger and a silver buckler and wears a copper helm and copper gauntlets.
Molegrim (Maugrim) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm, copper gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Turquoise Tonic (Hihohe) is a male human. He wields a silver mace and an iron buckler and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.

Lightly Whipped (0-12) is on the right side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (jon joe) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper flail and a wooden buckler and wears a copper mail shirt.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears a bronze helm and a bronze mail shirt.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields an iron whip and wears a steel helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a copper crossbow and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm and a copper mail shirt.

Team Laser Explosion is a 3.34 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 2922.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 876.00 dwarfbucks for Lightly Whipped.

Lightly Whipped looks ready and angry. I'd hate to be on the other team right now.

Things start off with bruises and blocks. Molegrim finally gets past the incredible defense of Jupis and gives him a nasty scratch on the foot. First blood, it counts.

Jupis, clearly the most deadly gladiator in the arena, takes the lions share of attention from Laser Explosion. Turquoise Tonic comes over to help Molegrim who takes off Jupis' foot. Turquoise smashes one of his right arms to paste as well.

Jupis puts up a hell of a fight but is soon knocked unconsious by the combined efforts of Turquoise and Molegrim.

Jupis absorbs blow after blow before his head is shattered into pieces. Blow after blow is a figure of speech. The correct count was 1.

Up top in the 3v2 melee there are some amazing things happening! Ghost-Trees bruised someone, with Trump adding on some bruises of his own.

Grimmik shatters Anthony's spine with one amazing whip, this fight could go either way!

Is anyone buying this? I feel like that sports announcer that bombed like 10 years ago. Boom goes the dynamite? He looks at the producer live on the air after like 20 seconds of silence and mouths "I'm sorry!" because he's doing so bad.

I'm trying to make it interesting, I really am.

Trump takes a savage beating surrounded by 3 opponents now. Grimmik and Ghost-Trees are on the fringe and not getting hammered as much. Trump lashes out at everyone with his huge mitts, but no one cares. He falls over unconscious after Anthony bites his ear off, Molegrim stabs his foot, and Mogwai cuts his calf open.

Molegrim picks up his second kill of the match.

And now it's 3 against Ghost-Trees who flails wildly with his flail. People mostly ignore the flail and Molegrim cuts his hand so badly that he is forced to drop the weapon anyway. Grimmik whips anyone close to him, and manages to bruise skin a few times.

Molegrim stabs Ghost-Trees' stomach and the moleman passes out.

Anthony climbs on top and chokes him to death.

Grimmik turns it up a notch. He dodges clear around the entire group, then back through, and finally I decide to take a screenshot.

He goes farther, still untouched.

And then someone chops his whipping hand off. Turquoise Tonic splatters the gremlins lower half, and that's that.

Team Laser Explosion barely squeaked out a 4-0 victory against the crowd favorite Lightly Whipped.

Kills:
Molegrim: 2
Turquoise Tonic: 1
Anthony: 1

Combat Log

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Was that really a fight?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Molegrim and Turquoise are now both on 11 kills, if beating these things really count as kills. That's 11 more than two of the whipped have ever managed. Nearly double what the whole of LW have ever managed jointly.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Molegrim is friends with Turquoise. :D

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Splode posted:

Was that really a fight?

I mean technically it was. It counted on the site, so that qualifies it as a fight.

Sorry Lightly Whipped, I root for you every time in my head. Everyone took the test tournaments as a joke but not this one.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I have no idea how we lost, the start of that fight looked like it was all us, then out of nowhere we're all dead :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Trump just doesn't have the penetration.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

tithin posted:

I have no idea how we lost, the start of that fight looked like it was all us, then out of nowhere we're all dead :psyduck:

That was an odd fight for sure.

Candy Corn took out the deadliest gladiator in the tournament with minimal fuss.

One of the opponents had an arrow deep in his chest, but he still managed to do a lot of damage in his 1v1.

A second arrow landing in the fight would have guaranteed victory I think.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 13, Fight 5 :siren:

A Tarantino Film (5-7) is on the left side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (I R SMART LIKE ROCK) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears an iron helm, leather armor, and an iron mail shirt.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Subterranean Animists (11-1) is on the right side of the arena.
Braun Strowman (Frozen_Flame) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields three copper short swords and wears an iron helm, two copper mail shirts, iron leggings, and iron gauntlets.
Baldwin (captaindirtnap) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and steel low boots.
Qwarf (C7ty1) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and iron gauntlets.
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.

Subterranean Animists is a 3.94 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 7872.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2000.00 dwarfbucks for A Tarantino Film.

Oh good, 5 4 dwarves to keep straight. Clear favorites on the right side of the arena, with an 11-1 record.

The fighters clash. Uma takes a nasty cut from Dusseldorf.

I don't see in the logs why Braun has damage to her leg. Urist punched her leg, then grabbed her, but it just tore the fat. Red damage means "poo poo's hosed up" but I dont see that in the logs.

Uma turns her chopped up foot into a diving roll and when she comes to rest Dusseldorfs head slowly slides off of his body. He's also been knocked unconscious, FYI. Thanks, combat log, for telling me that.

Qwarf stabs Snarls in the leg, sending the werewolf to the floor. Urist McLee punches Braun for a second time and the antwoman is done. She's also been stunned, FYI. Thanks, combat log, for telling me that.

So now it's 4v2, but this is exactly how it went when Dusseldorf killed my entire team himself.

Baldwin stabs Uma in the stomach, but somehow her leather armor protects her. Uma replies by slicing open Baldwins stomach. His guts are barely held in by a thin layer of muscle. Baldwin is in trouble.

Urist charges, knocking Baldwin to the floor stunned. Urist grabs hold of Baldwins foot and Uma takes it off. That's some great teamwork!

Solomon has had a bite or two deflected by armor, but hasn't done much up to this point.

Qwarf gets in a solid blow against Uma, crushing her hand. Snarls finishes chopping Baldwins stomach open, guts fall to the floor. Baldwin passes out.

Qwarf stabs Uma in the ankle and then the calf, and the human passes out.

Now it takes some time for the 3 gladiators to get through Baldwins helmet... Qwarf has a chance to even the odds, maybe knock another fighter unconscious.

Qwarf concentrates on Uma, but her helmet stops his first blow. Snarls takes off Baldwins head a moment later.

The 3 conscious gladiators turn their attention to Qwarf.

Snarls and Urist distract the dwarf while Solomon darts in low and bites an unarmored foot. Qwarf is paralyzed.

He lasts longer than I thought... Steel mail helps a lot.

Snarls finally takes off his head.

Kills:
Snarls: 2
Uma: 1
Urist: 1

Combat Log

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
What the hell is this round? :psyduck: I think we might need to exorcise the macros or something.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Haha good one now show the real fight.

gently caress

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I mean, I did just get a new computer, but I checked the first few teams to verify that the macros were playing correctly.

I dont even know. This round is loving weird.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
...April fools?

oh boy i have money again

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
:suspense:

The two current biggest winning streaks are now A Tarantino Film and A Furry, Farmer and 2 Cows, each with three in a row. A Tarantino film now sit on 6 wins, on a par with go big and/or go home and the petting zoo, both of which are second in their divisions.

The team currently in last place in Syrupleaf is only outside of a top 8 spot on kill difference alone. If the Zoo or Go Big get trounced this round like the Animists just did, they could switch places next round.

Snarls Barkley just murdered his way past Dusseldwarf into third place in the individual kill rank, only two kills off top spot.

This round...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AJ_Impy posted:

The team currently in last place in Syrupleaf is only outside of a top 8 spot on kill difference alone. If the Zoo or Go Big get trounced this round like the Animists just did, they could switch places next round.

I know this has been asked before, but how are playoff spots figured?

I thought it was 1st in every division (4 out of 8 spots), and then after that it was W-L record with tiebreaker being kill counts.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Haha, goddamn. Glad to see someone else take us down!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

I know this has been asked before, but how are playoff spots figured?

I thought it was 1st in every division (4 out of 8 spots), and then after that it was W-L record with tiebreaker being kill counts.

We'd need Jazz to verify, but that's pretty much what I'm going by. We have 6 teams currently with 6 wins, of which two remain to fight this round. There are a further 6 teams with better records, including the 4 division leaders. Three of the division leaders have a 2-win or better buffer over second place. In Syrupleaf, the teams currently level on 8 wins have a 2-win buffer over last place.

The last three home and away rounds in Syrupleaf are going to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
WC gets two home and one away, but it remains to be seen how impactful that extra skill point is going to be.

honestly it's looking like anyone's game there, although I doubt the helmets are losing first place.