Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cumshitter posted:

I kind of feel bad for the guy because he seems to be so stupid that he doesn't even understand what he's being charged with. Like it's not a crime to be a jerk but if it was he knows he could beat that charge.

I mean I guess he heard about the judge's wife being terrified because of all the insane gun-toting weirdos with a blood lust for government officials, and thought she was talking about him specifically? And also thought that that was the only formal charge against him? And also that nobody saw him with a weapon for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Reminder
https://twitter.com/eclecticlore/status/696509451470139392

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Elsewhere in the twitterverse:
https://twitter.com/HGTomato/status/714567739986223104

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

it's like face of meth except for Republican -> full blown libertarian

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to holeshitting

No, I'm not going to post in GBS anymore thank you

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Epic High Five posted:

It's especially funny because conservation is vital for tourism, which is WAY bigger business in the West than ranching is now. Without massive government subsidies he'd be out business

You know that, I know that, but men with delusions of being rugged cowboys don't know that.

Alan Smithee posted:

it's like face of meth except for Republican -> full blown libertarian

The face of right wing blogsphere.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i'm a fan of the douchey disc jockey look.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That sick sempir tyranass guy could be an avatar.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I wonder how many death threats that cartoonist will get

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i'm a fan of the douchey disc jockey look.

you narrowed it down to two pictures

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

PathAsc posted:

you narrowed it down to two pictures

The lower left one is his Alex Jones looks. The upper right one is douchey disc jockey.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Krinkle posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Do BLM employees even carry guns? Aren't they basically park rangers?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

red19fire posted:

There's an enforcement arm that carries guns, iirc (like many federal entities, largely in response to earlier antigovernment movements), but for the most part, no.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I mean aren't there like... bears... or something? I've never actually been to the pacific northwest but I assume there's probably some kind of dangerous animal that you'd probably want someone to have a gun to deal with in case the bear spray didn't work and you're staring down an angry mountain lion bear shark or whatever, miles from anyone. Hell I think park rangers have a better argument for carrying guns than patrol cops.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

I mean aren't there like... bears... or something? I've never actually been to the pacific northwest but I assume there's probably some kind of dangerous animal that you'd probably want someone to have a gun to deal with in case the bear spray didn't work and you're staring down an angry mountain lion bear shark or whatever, miles from anyone. Hell I think park rangers have a better argument for carrying guns than patrol cops.
Black bears, coyote, lynx, mountain lions, and bobcats. One of the first links for this talks about how Oregon is #4 in the country for killing predatory wildlife

quote:

"In Malheur County, you have sheep that never outgrow their vulnerability to coyote attacks," said Dave Williams, Oregon director of Wildlife Services in Portland.

His agency -- with about 50 employees in the state -- kills coyotes by using foothold traps, neck snares, aerial gunners and a spring-loaded device loaded with sodium cyanide called an M-44. Despite those control efforts, "the coyote population has probably never been healthier than now," he said.

Critics: Agency obsolete

Mark Salvo, a spokesman for WildEarth Guardians, said the government wastes money killing coyotes. The best available science shows female coyotes compensate for government control programs by giving birth to more pups more often, he said.

"Coyotes are a perfect example of how misguided the federal killing programs are," he said.

The group's report said Wildlife Services spent about $1 billion between 2004 and 2011 to kill animals.

That's a direct subsidy to agriculture and other private interests, the report said.

Bannerman, the Wildlife Services' spokeswoman in Washington, said the $1 billion also paid for disease surveillance and rabies prevention programs, hazing birds from airport runways to prevent their being sucked into jet intakes and causing crashes, and other non-lethal programs.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

All federal land management agencies have both armed commissioned law enforcement officers and unarmed staff. In some agencies people with the job title "park ranger" are fully fully commissioned federal law enforcement officers. Other park rangers are unarmed and not law enforcement. Same uniform, different badges, different job responsibilities.

At Bundy Ranch there were both unarmed non law enforcement staff and armed law enforcement Rangers. For instance that video of Ammon Bundy getting tased was law enforcement Rangers. "Park ranger" is a really broad term and can refer to anything from a guy giving an evening program to a SWAT (we call them SETT) officer.

Dept. of Interior employees operating in brown bear country carry Remington 870 shotguns when in the backcountry, whether law enforcement or not. By "carry" I mean they have a shotgun somewhere in the group's equipment.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Tyrannosaurass

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

All federal land management agencies have both armed commissioned law enforcement officers and unarmed staff. In some agencies people with the job title "park ranger" are fully fully commissioned federal law enforcement officers. Other park rangers are unarmed and not law enforcement. Same uniform, different badges, different job responsibilities.

At Bundy Ranch there were both unarmed non law enforcement staff and armed law enforcement Rangers. For instance that video of Ammon Bundy getting tased was law enforcement Rangers. "Park ranger" is a really broad term and can refer to anything from a guy giving an evening program to a SWAT (we call them SETT) officer.

That makes sense. My county has a ton of parks, and there's rangers who do upkeep on the trails, and then there's the park police that are like an extension of the sheriff's department. Wasn't sure if it was the same thing at the federal level.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

http://www.start.umd.edu/news/sovereign-citizen-movement-perceived-top-terrorist-threat

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

P.S. JAIL SUCKS

This really should be the thread title.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This really should be the thread title.

eh, i put it at the bottom of the OP

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I keep forgetting this thing is still going and its still a great read, with no end in sight

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I forget, did this analysis make headlines in '14? I feel like I should remember the temper tantrums this would bring from right wingers, but the sheer number of conservative persecution rants kind of blur after a while.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Geostomp posted:

I forget, did this analysis make headlines in '14? I feel like I should remember the temper tantrums this would bring from right wingers, but the sheer number of conservative persecution rants kind of blur after a while.

After seeing their base lust for Trump, a lot of them probably agree that something should be done and are more than willing to slink back and let the Democrats take the blame as the government cleans it up. Party before country or safety, you know.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Geostomp posted:

I don't think so, the last big right-wing temper tantrum over this stuff was the DHS report in 2009 that the Republicans labeled as "the government using the word terrorist to describe law-abiding americans who are upset with the direction of their country under democratic leadership" or some such similar nonsense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommanderApaul posted:

I don't think so, the last big right-wing temper tantrum over this stuff was the DHS report in 2009 that the Republicans labeled as "the government using the word terrorist to describe law-abiding americans who are upset with the direction of their country under democratic leadership" or some such similar nonsense.

The DHS absolutely considers them domestic terror and releases reports periodically that cover a lot of the info.

https://www.dhs.gov/topic/countering-violent-extremism

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

The DHS absolutely considers them domestic terror and releases reports periodically that cover a lot of the info.

https://www.dhs.gov/topic/countering-violent-extremism

By that standard America is a violent extremist because we support or commit ideologically motivated violence to further political goals. Like that describes every war we've been in going back at least to Korea.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

By that standard America is a violent extremist because we support or commit ideologically motivated violence to further political goals. Like that describes every war we've been in going back at least to Korea.

It's not terrorism when you got uniforms and heavy bombers and flags and poo poo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Reagan_Girl/status/715630475092451330

It's true you know.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/evenbev/status/715691426562965504

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I have never see a cow tucked between two buns as that violates the tenets of the sacred brahmin

also I only eat kale because I am gay

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I believe everything that cat says

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a marine biologist who tends seacows at Sea World in San Diego and I want to school these dumb fuckers so hard.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i think we all have it in us to be at least as good at "ranching" as klavern bundy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cumshitter posted:

I'm a marine biologist who tends seacows at Sea World in San Diego and I want to school these dumb fuckers so hard.
                                                    /

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Whoa I thought I had my monitor off for a second.

Also just a reminder that Ammon Bundy is a used car salesman. As someone who worked in vehicle financing I can assure you that this is absolute proof that he is human filth.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Reality is an undiscovered country to these delusional fuckwits.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Shawna Cox just bought herself a ticket to jail by ignoring a recent gag order by the judge to stop posting about protests or the trial on Facebook. You see, she's just sharing other people's posts and she's a boat toot-toot, suck on that judge.

One of the posts she shared links people to a complaint form they can fill out and submit against the judge who applied the gag order (second down in the link). He's going to appreciate that.

An article I read earlier this week by a reporter at the hearing where the gag order was applied had the following dialogue:

Judge: "Do you understand?"

Shawna: "Yes."

So she agreed to stand under his law and created joinder. So even by SovCit standards she is hosed.

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 04:15 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

To be fair a 79 year old birdwatcher did kick one of their asses pretty extremely.