Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

After looking at a bunch of these it seems like the smaller and more regular the pattern the not as great it is.

But what would be good is during the reverse of what you'd intially want to do, like flesh pizza. Take a repeating pattern as a content and style it with a normal picture of like a person or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wisps of hair among the cheese

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
:stare: is this what heaven is like?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

8 track betamax posted:

:stare: is this what heaven is like?

I hope not.

This one is subtly worse. The pizza is... watching you.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

requesting:

+

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Doom wad textures lookin' good.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Eponymouse posted:

requesting:

+

Fuuuck I can't resist this. I'll take it. Nm, someone else will have to take it. I screwed my env up.

Hey horse, whats the max size you can run? I keep running out of memory on a large instance but I don't think it should be. Something may be hosed up for me.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 31, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Seems fitting imo:

:cthulhu:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

KoRMaK posted:

Fuuuck I can't resist this. I'll take it.

Hey horse, whats the max size you can run? I keep running out of memory on a large instance but I don't think it should be. Something may be hosed up for me.

The size of the input images seems to matter quite a bit. With smaller inputs, I can make bigger outputs. I've done a couple of 1024s.

Edit: For whoever asked about the code for my genetic picture doodad, I do have this up on Github, if you're interested.

https://github.com/SpaceAceMonkey/spaceace.lsystem

It does this:

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 31, 2016

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
CH I was just thinking of you while this thread loaded up :)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I want it to work but I think there's too many small details. It doesn't match face to face :(

But if someone wants to cut out just the Chtulu and Just the trump podium and give me those I'll run them. I think narrowing down the options may help the process.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 31, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Centripetal Horse posted:

Edit: For whoever asked about the code for my genetic picture doodad, I do have this up on Github, if you're interested.

https://github.com/SpaceAceMonkey/spaceace.lsystem

It does this:

I did not but indeed I am. Lsystems are always facisntating. Anything that combines cool computer stuff and visual stuff is neat.

e: Oh I guess I installed cudnn properly (must have just needed to restart) because now I can use it as a backend and get images up to 950px. I have 4 GPUs on this but only 1 is getting used and only it's memory. So that means there are 3 GPUs and 12GB of memory being un-used. 950px puts me right up against the wire with 30mb left in the GPU memory.

ee: Oh gently caress I've been running a large8 for no reason. These things run at $2.60/hr but the large2 is only $.60/hr. Woops, well ya live and learn.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 1, 2016

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

simosimo posted:

CH I was just thinking of you while this thread loaded up :)

Well, thank you for thinking of me. I hope you're enjoying the thread :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I hope not.

This one is subtly worse. The pizza is... watching you.

This pizza must be topped with granos because it makes me want to call the police.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in style of :nws:this:nws:

And similarly, with :

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do you want to build a yeti?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Chrome works well as a style

Michael jordan made out of looney tunes

fusilli jerry

coke can made out of pepsi can

i wonder if you could get a good image by splitting a gif into individual frames and styling them then reassembling them.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rosie the Gigeriveter

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

hairy back loss

Looks like a tattoo.

Lareine posted:

Some cosplayers in watercolor.

This is legitimately disturbing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jesus christ on a bike :stare:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Looks like a tattoo.

i'm laughing like a retard here

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

Sometimes this works a little too well.
Crossposting to PYF disturbing images thread.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Some of these really capture elements of a strong weed trip/weak shroom trip for me. A picture that might look normal at a quick glance until you try to focus in on any of the details and realize how absurd it all is.

As for my request:

bowser fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 1, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, running on a 2large instance is def slower than a 8large (so long as everything is installed properly and not causing wierd slow downs). Looks like im going to do 1000 iteration in ~20 minutes instead of 8

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 1, 2016

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

KoRMaK posted:

Wow, running on a 2large instance is def slower than a 8large (so long as everything is installed properly and not causing wierd slow downs). Looks like im going to do 1000 iteration in ~20 minutes instead of 8

The g2.8xlarge has four GPUs, each one of which is more powerful than the one on g2.2xlarge. You could run four pairs of pictures at a time on the g2.8xlarge.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The g2.8xlarge has four GPUs, each one of which is more powerful than the one on g2.2xlarge. You could run four pairs of pictures at a time on the g2.8xlarge.
Ah! Thats the trade off. Hence the usefulness of the -gpu idx param. I thought the processing power was the same on a large, but just the number of GPU cores differed.

Say Nothing posted:

Do you want to build a yeti?

e: If this is a long term thing, I guess someone (me in this case) could take donations to offset the costs of running an EC2 8large or 2large instance.

I use an ec2 instance at work, and the guy that did the russian version (ostagram the threads namesake) is written in rails which I also program in for my day job. So, what I'm getting at is that we could go hogge wilde having a goon specific web based submission system that spits images back out every 8 minutes, up to 4 at in parallel at a time.

In general, I'd like to find a way to make this as software as a service to the general public. I don't know what that would be yet. Instagram has made a big deal of filters, and these are like the next evolution of that (except they aren't live, yet). This also doesn't replace artists, in fact it should be used as a new tool for artists. Someone could make their own style image and feed it into style images and come up with unique stuff.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 1, 2016

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

KoRMaK posted:

I use an ec2 instance at work, and the guy that did the russian version (ostagram the threads namesake) is written in rails which I also program in for my day job. So, what I'm getting at is that we could go hogge wilde having a goon specific web based submission system that spits images back out every 8 minutes, up to 4 at in parallel at a time.

In general, I'd like to find a way to make this as software as a service to the general public. I don't know what that would be yet. Instagram has made a big deal of filters, and these are like the next evolution of that (except they aren't live, yet). This also doesn't replace artists, in fact it should be used as a new tool for artists. Someone could make their own style image and feed it into content images and come up with unique stuff.

I was thinking the exact same thing, and would be willing to work on something like this. I certainly have AWS experience, and I code in PHP for my day job.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Fat Daenerys with fish.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
So I guess it works best if one image has the details and features and the other image is a pattern or texture?

A lot of these are actually incredibly cool. Starry Night plus that baboon face (or whatever) turned out brilliantly

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

RaceBannon posted:

So I guess it works best if one image has the details and features and the other image is a pattern or texture?

imo yes

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

like i'm good at photoshop and all but i could never make something like that, jesus

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Lareine posted:

Fat Daenerys with fish.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 1, 2016

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Why the long face?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

:nms:Gangrenous foot:nms:

Fat Setsuka out of a piece of a gangrenous foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

bowser posted:

Some of these really capture elements of a strong weed trip/weak shroom trip for me. A picture that might look normal at a quick glance until you try to focus in on any of the details and realize how absurd it all is.

As for my request:

I was curious about what would happen if I switched the content and style of these pictures, so I ran it each way. First, calvin as content image, other one as style:

Calvin as style, other as content, including some of the earlier iterations as they looked cooler than the final product imo:
100 iterations

200 iterations

1000 iterations

• Locked thread