Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Jesus the Amazon Dash Button story had me rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have the exact same Amazon Dash button inside a drawer and every time I press it to order toilet paper, I feel like a goddamn king in the future.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Man, I hope it was MBMBaM that had the bit about saying "Get a load of that dog" about a dog flying a plane. If not, Travis is gonna be confused why I submitted a video of a dog flying a plane to the FB group with the caption "GET A LOAD OF THIS DOG"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm almost certain that was cool games inc

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Son of a

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Speaking of, did you guys see that guy who had a meltdown that the brothers didn't approve his post for the group? lmbo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Whizbang posted:

Speaking of, did you guys see that guy who had a meltdown that the brothers didn't approve his post for the group? lmbo

Holy poo poo, please tell me it's still there. Is it in the post where Justin talks about posting guidelines?

E: I think I found it, jeez.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 1, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Can you post it here for those of us who refuse to even think about Facebook

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Whizbang posted:

There's that guy, and then there's this winner too.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/715723848881205249

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Travis343 posted:

Can you post it here for those of us who refuse to even think about Facebook

The first hella caremad guy-

Then there's the guy I already posted, then a bunch of people saying The Flophouse FB group doesn't have moderation at all wtf let us post garbage poo poo non stop like the rest of the internet boohoo etc. But most are thanking them for the moderation.

Here's the one non-expanded comment's text:

" Hey, Vince? I know you're joking, but I'm actually really upset about this. This community has always felt like shooting the poo poo with a close-knit group of friends. And then suddenly in the last few weeks I have felt like my input is not welcome and I'm just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. Because right now I feel really alienated from the group to the point where I don't even want to listen to the show any more. "

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I'm the guy whose life is so empty that he is extremely reliant on his social group of a Facebook page about a comedy podcast.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Ruling a Facebook fan group with an iron fist is kind of silly but whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not even that strict, man. It's just to keep the group from becoming a huge wall of random horse pictures.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm so offended by the concept of a moderated Facebook group that I'm going to go back in time and retroactively unlisten to the whole show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Guy Mann posted:

If it's between allowing all posts and moderating all posts, I'd rather the latter, because, as Waffleman said, it'd be all just horse pictures and haunted dolls and poo poo. If that's what you want to do, make your own unofficial discussion group. This thing is basically their entire presence on the internet, so I can't say I blame them for tightly managing what gets published.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Mann posted:

It's completely necessary for large groups like this one.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
The UYD group has shown me that 1) people think they're way funnier than they are and 2) people are really bad at detecting fake articles but really good at posting them blindly

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

1) people think they're way funnier than they are and

This is possibly the most true statement ever committed to writing.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not normally one to dump on McElroy adjacent peeps, e.g. other Polygonners or other Max-Fun shows in the thread, but I figured I'd watch one of Nick's gameplay overviews since I like him on Coolgames inc.

I got bored about three minutes in because it was pretty dry/ a 'proper' discussion of the game. Then I switched a griffin and Justin one and immediately started laughing when Justin faked VR-motion sickness. So I guess what I'm saying is these dudes know what I like.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Which one are you, Chris Golden or Alex K. Rich

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

People don't know how to react when something is funny so they just parrot the words back at their creators. Im sure theres some unofficial McElroy fanpage somewhere if you really want to be submerged in a cesspool of horse pictures and people saying "just like Bart" five times a second

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm not normally one to dump on McElroy adjacent peeps, e.g. other Polygonners or other Max-Fun shows in the thread, but I figured I'd watch one of Nick's gameplay overviews since I like him on Coolgames inc.

I got bored about three minutes in because it was pretty dry/ a 'proper' discussion of the game. Then I switched a griffin and Justin one and immediately started laughing when Justin faked VR-motion sickness. So I guess what I'm saying is these dudes know what I like.

Presenters very obviously enjoying what they're presenting makes a pretty big difference, and that's why I think the McElroys shine. Griffin's never really trying to show necessarily accurate gameplay videos, but show that you can have fun in a game, which is important.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Travis343 posted:

People don't know how to react when something is funny so they just parrot the words back at their creators. Im sure theres some unofficial McElroy fanpage somewhere if you really want to be submerged in a cesspool of horse pictures and people saying "just like Bart" five times a second

im rick James bitch lmbo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/716043678100365312

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/716043777995988992

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Aha, is this our chance!?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Whizbang posted:

Aha, is this our chance!?

I don't think it would take much to hashtag him into submission, if we do it politely and convincingly

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Had MBMBaM ever covered the babby question?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Coolgames Inc talk: do they not have netball in the states? I can't believe it didn't come up in a discussion of "basketball with less movement"?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
They've gotta be way more into basketball than we are, so it's probably got way less presence.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Roach Warehouse posted:

Coolgames Inc talk: do they not have netball in the states? I can't believe it didn't come up in a discussion of "basketball with less movement"?

Had to look it up to see what you were talking about. In my 29 years I've never so much as heard of this netball thing.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

Had MBMBaM ever covered the babby question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDKu_5xO3s
Of course!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
that is a babby question, not the babby question

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Visual Sneeze posted:

Had to look it up to see what you were talking about. In my 29 years I've never so much as heard of this netball thing.

Netball only ever took off in countries that didn't have real women's basketball back when basketball was getting big. America's had women's leagues and tournaments pretty much from the start.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Netball only ever took off in countries that didn't have real women's basketball back when basketball was getting big. America's had women's leagues and tournaments pretty much from the start.

Well Basketball was invented as a game for girls, so that's pretty ironic

Edit: So I just read up on this after I realized I wasn't even sure where I got that from and I guess the truth is a lot more complicated than that.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 2, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When I read the word netball, I actually thought you were using a stupid 4chan nickname for basketball, like handegg for football, and thought "Yeah, we have basketball in America" and then got confused at the rest of the sentence.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I love CoolGames, Inc. so much.

I think it's better when a guest fights back against the idea, the Austin Powers episode really tapered off at the end but this one got nicely antagonistic.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I just listened to all of CoolGames Inc and I think there's only one of the games they've pitched that I wouldn't buy and play immediately.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really wanna play that harvest moon game with procedurally generated dungeons you grow that griffin mentioned

That's like seriously the best idea ever holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Sivart13 posted:

I love CoolGames, Inc. so much.

I think it's better when a guest fights back against the idea, the Austin Powers episode really tapered off at the end but this one got nicely antagonistic.

I enjoyed all the banter, but honestly, Basketball of the Collosus sounded so dope I was pretty disappointed when the idea strayed away from it.