Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
It just occurred to me that I will know in advance what the next week's event will be. That tells me whether I should buy event keys with glory this week vs keeping that glory to buy the upcoming troop pack. If I don't get The Silent One with those, I can spend gems as a desperation move.

And I am assuming it will be troop packs for the next few weeks; Darkstone, Blighted Lands and Drifting Sands all have seven troops only. We did just have an event in Blighted Lands though, so that probably won't come up for a few more months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Grundulum posted:

The Silent One is one of the few legendary troops I am still missing, and it's in event chests this week. Should I be spending gems on 10-packs of event keys, or am I better off continuing to buy 50-packs of gem chests? The absolute number of keys is pretty low -- 450 gems is only 30 event keys compared to 50 gem keys -- but any legendary I got would be either a celestial traitstone or TSO.

If you aren't going to whale out, I would buy gem keys. Even if you don't get the troop you want, you'll get a higher quantity of cards that'll help you ascend the troops you already have.

Although, sometimes drop rates suck regardless. I didn't get a Sheggra until I was level 498.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

when im pickin dudes in arena mode is there a way to look at guys I already chose?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Kly posted:

when im pickin dudes in arena mode is there a way to look at guys I already chose?

There wasn't as of 1.0.7, which was the last time I ventured into the Arena.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Sloppy posted:

May I have a guild invite? Code is URKABURKA

I took CrashCat at his/her word and uninvited them from Gem Blossums. I sent you an invite to take the newly opened spot.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kly posted:

Noooooo and it's stupid. Just try to remember what colors your second pick uses.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Kly posted:

You can kind of see them in the background of your current pick, it's hard to see them though. Otherwise yeah, just have to remember them (something I am awful at).

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Broken Spire is fun.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 30, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

gromdul posted:

Broken Spire is fun.

lol crude club. why not goblin crusher for maximum carnage?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Grundulum posted:

I took CrashCat at his/her word and uninvited them from Gem Blossums. I sent you an invite to take the newly opened spot.

Thank you!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Davethulhu posted:

lol crude club. why not goblin crusher for maximum carnage?

16 damage for 4 mana. I use a R/Y banner, so one match fills it up. Four damage per mana is very efficient.

Eventually it will be Burning Scythe.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

gromdul posted:

Broken Spire is fun.

I'm assuming that Rocket used to be part of an all-Goblin team.

Is anyone else finding that they would rather fight a Goblin team over many of the other alternatives out there? That's totally my experience lately. That and a whole lot of scout-(see lots of whole team damage or nasty synergies)-(try another).

Seriously, I go through a significant amount of my PvP time skipping matches and I'd rather face an evenly matched Goblin team or even one that is slightly better than mine over Burning Scythe for 25 damage on all.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
For straight up traitstone farming from challenges, I think I've found the quickest possible team. Dust devils have an attack that does (for me) 9 damage to all enemies. Fully traited they start with full mana, so if you have 4 copies, you can just cast with one after the next and clear pretty much any of the early challenges in 3 to 4 turns. You'll only get a small amount of gold and souls, so this is really only useful for traitstones.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Haven't looked at challenges at all yet, I only just recently unlocked all kingdoms and am now working on leveling them to level 5.
On the bright side I saved up enough diamonds for the 500 gem gold armor, so this should be a little less painful with some pvp battles giving 1000 gold now.

Couple questions:
Are there any even better ways to farm gold?
Can you get runic traitstones from challenges? Or just from the reward packs?
When a trait says "gain 5 to all skills", what does that mean? Everyone in my team gains +5 for their magic attacks? Or just that card? Or does he also gain Health, Attack and Armor? What about abilities that say enemy team loses 2 random skills?
Should I always ascend cards I have 6+ copies of?
How should I spend my souls? Is it worth it working towards Kingdom stars, focus on cards I'm using right now, level my hero, or just save them?
What do you do with classes? I just warlorded 250 battles, I understand there's no additional rewards beyond that. Is there merit to leveling other classes and gaining their legendary weapons?

That's all for now, I think. Thanks. :)

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 31, 2016

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

Haven't looked at challenges at all yet, I only just recently unlocked all kingdoms and am now working on leveling them to level 5.
On the bright side I saved up enough diamonds for the 500 gem gold armor, so this should be a little less painful with some pvp battles giving 1000 gold now.

Couple questions:
When a trait says "gain 5 to all skills", what does that mean? Everyone in my team gains +5 for their magic attacks? Or just that card? Or does he also gain Health, Attack and Armor? What about abilities that say enemy team loses 2 random skills?
How should I spend my souls? Is it worth it working towards Kingdom stars, focus on cards I'm using right now, level my hero, or just save them?
What do you do with classes? I just warlorded 250 battles, I understand there's no additional rewards beyond that. Is there merit to leveling other classes and gaining their legendary weapons?

PvP is the best way to farm gold. For the 500 gem armor, get the 100% gold one.

The traitstone you get from any match will be a stone that belongs to the kingdom. Which level stone (minor, major, runic, arcane) you get is random. Celestials also drop randomly from any match.

For the trait, which troop are you referring to?

Always ascend.

Spend your souls on whatever team you are currently using. Once they're all maxed out, start looking at other teams to build up. If you are using your hero, level him up too. But, don't waste souls on just leveling something to get closer to the next star level for a kingdom.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks. The last trait from Gar'Nok says "gain +5 to all skills if in last position" and I have no idea what that means, since cards only have 1 skill, the magic one, right?

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

Thanks. The last trait from Gar'Nok says "gain +5 to all skills if in last position" and I have no idea what that means, since cards only have 1 skill, the magic one, right?

that means that he'll (and only him) get +5 to life, armor, magic, and attack.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Oenis posted:

Couple questions:

Gold: Get the +gold 50gem armor, then the 500gem +gold armor. PVP is the best return on a single fight, work towards getting a PVP quality team and re-reroll low gold fights.
Runic Traitstones have a ultra-low drop, and (like all stones) are tied to specific kingdoms. Your best bet is getting the reward packs, 500 glory is not that difficult to get once you get a PVP team.
Each card has the skills of "fight, health, armor, and magic" so when something is +ing a skill it's one of those. Same with losing random skills, its subtracting them.
Always ascend, it buffs your kingdom levels.
Spend souls on building a workable PVP team, then follow it up with your desired PVP team.
I don't know poo poo about classes yet, they just added them. I only use my hero in my Tyri map farming team.

For farming:

Maps: Tyri gives maps with her ability and with enough levels/magic kingdoms she can loop her ability multiple turns. Maps give a bit of everything and are nice for converting glory into other resources by buying them.
Gold: Maps and PVP are your best time:gold ratios.
Souls: Valkyrie gives bonus souls and pairs nicely with a lot of powerful dudes.

I had a soul/gold farming team of:
Banshee
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Green Slime

that could also farm up maps a little bit by getting the 7-chains, but now I just farm maps with:

Hero (Spark Rocket 2.0.16, could be any tanky dude that doesn't touch green/purple gems)
Green Slime (tank#2 and helps set up an extra turn to then turn all the remaining purps into a Tyri activation)
Tyri (she pops 10 gems for me, I have her high level like 15ish and +2 kingdom bonuses)
Dark Master (I think that's his name, the Red/Purple Knight that makes minions with his ability to continue to tank for Tyri

With that map farming team the goal is to run a super easy mission/challenge and stretch it out as long as I can, because you just want to maximize Tyri activations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Merely ascending troops does not improve your kingdom level. The only things that affect the star tier of your kingdom are number of troops, total number of traits on troops, and total number of levels on troops.

So ascending just increases the benefit you can get from fully leveling your troops. If you have already fully leveled them.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Oenis posted:

Couple questions:

Save challenges for when you have a good soul farming team that can complete them on Warlord IV difficulty if you can. That higher difficulty setting boosts the first-time completion bonus souls. Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee is the standard. Even better if you unlock the Valkyrie's Necromancer trait.

The best way to farm gold is just pvp a lot. Payout is based off the enemy's uncollected tribute so payouts go up at off-peak hours.

Runic stones come from Glory and higher keys and random drops at the end of games.

"All skills" means every stat on a card: Magic, Attack, Armor, Life.

There's no good reason not to ascend cards.

Souls: Level your team. Level your hero class if you want to use the hero. Level the T/A/V/B farm team. Increase kingdom stars by leveling a kingdom's troops to level 5 or whatever. Set a long term goal of getting all the kingdoms to one and then two stars to increase your daily gold and tribute income. And I do mean long term goal. I still don't have all kingdoms at two stars yet.

Classes: Unless you are using the warlord perks on your team, might as well switch classes so you are not 'wasting' wins.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I don't understand why you have to go through the rigmarole of clicking a button 10 times to ascend something, just being able to ascend or not seems fine to me.

Also, I'd prefer if there was an option to do away with all the big, flashy reward screens and just have rewards in a list.

To much damned tapping in this phone game.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Having to check your "mail" and click on every single reward is the worst.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

seravid posted:

It's even worse now, because you still have to tap like 5 or 6 times to clear all the daily login messages, and then click 4 more times to open your mail and get the reward. And you still have to click to get tribute, and then wait if you got bonus tribute.

I kind of hate logging in now, and I'm wondering if I should just drop this game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

starkebn posted:

I don't understand why you have to go through the rigmarole of clicking a button 10 times to ascend something, just being able to ascend or not seems fine to me.

Also, I'd prefer if there was an option to do away with all the big, flashy reward screens and just have rewards in a list.

They even said in the patch notes that they were getting rid of this but it's completely unchanged as far as I can tell.

seravid posted:

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone thought this was a good idea.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
:siren: Easter Egg Hunt Alert :siren:

In five random challenges (different for each user), you earn an Easter egg for winning. If you find all five you get 10 gem keys and the event weapon this week, Eggsplosion. Happy hunting!

Edit: yeah, I may have been snookered for not checking my calendar.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 1, 2016

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I hate april fool's day

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Grundulum posted:

:siren: Easter Egg Hunt Alert :siren:

In five random challenges (different for each user), you earn an Easter egg for winning. If you find all five you get 10 gem keys and the event weapon this week, Eggsplosion. Happy hunting!

Edit: yeah, I may have been snookered for not checking my calendar.

I knew what it was. :shobon:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

starkebn posted:

Desktop version is way the gently caress faster for this stuff

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Thank you to whoever recommended the Dust Devil team. I now spend longer between battles than I do in battles. This will make hunting for specific traitstones much much less irritating.

Edit: I have the weirdest drat luck in this game. Of my first six challenges, two awarded Arcane stones. I've done twenty or thirty since then, trying for a runic, and haven't pulled one.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 1, 2016

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do Traits and Ascension apply to cards summoned by others? I'm thinking of undead, demons, thralls, and spider swarms.

I'm guessing they don't but wanted to double-check. I'm still getting a lot of use out of Giant Spider but the summoned swarms are fairly weak.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Do Traits and Ascension apply to cards summoned by others? I'm thinking of undead, demons, thralls, and spider swarms.

I'm guessing they don't but wanted to double-check. I'm still getting a lot of use out of Giant Spider but the summoned swarms are fairly weak.

Unfortunately no, those are all just checked at the start of the battle and Ascension doesn't apply.

They do get skill bonuses from Kingdoms though.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Hi there. This game is rad, and I'd love an invite to whichever guild isn't full.

Invite code: WORMROOM

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Davethulhu posted:

For straight up traitstone farming from challenges, I think I've found the quickest possible team. Dust devils have an attack that does (for me) 9 damage to all enemies.

This is marvelous.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

:allears: I love Kerberos.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone play this on PS4? Looking for a new guild, no one in my guild plays anymore. Have all kinds of upgrade points available but no one active to spend them.

Also 1.0.8 dropped on PS4 the other day. Wish I had spent more time grinding souls in the arena before they nerfed the soul reward (from 500 for 8 victories down to 250)

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Pixfix and Meat Magician, both of you are showing a long period of inactivity in Gem Blossums. Are you still playing the game? If you're not, we can offer your spot(s) to new players.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
This week's event card is meh, but it is worth the glory to get Green/Purple arcane stones. A couple of strong uncommon troops use them.

Boar Rider needs two stones for the third trait that gives +1 magic for each green ally. That trait on a Hobgoblin/Goblin/Boar Rider/Shaman team can make the Boar's spell hit for 20+ damage. I saw a mythic one do 23 once, though that guy must have had one of the magic kingdom's whaled out to five stars.

Stargazer also needs two stones for its third trait that makes it start with full mana. It is a fairly popular troop with that trait because you can immediately buff the attack of your first troop at the start of a game.

Legendary dragon Venoxia also needs 16 of those stones to unlock the second and third trait, but they are not that great. Second is to gain 1 magic every time an ally casts a spell. It only affects the +attack boost from the spell, not the gems created or true damage inflicted. Third trait poisons a random enemy on 4 or 5 gem matches, which isn't as useful as some of the other dragon third traits. Venoxia's main use is usually feeding itself to buff attack or feeding Celastasia to buff health.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Apparently the traits are meh, but the stats are awesome. And the spell could be bananas on the right team. Doubling the number of blue gems on the board would be amazing if timed well.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Grundulum posted:

Apparently the traits are meh, but the stats are awesome. And the spell could be bananas on the right team. Doubling the number of blue gems on the board would be amazing if timed well.

I'm tempted to try him out on a team like:

Treant
Valkyrie
(new guy)
Alchemist

Or even just Valkyrie with him and then some legendary dude that uses blue and a Primsatic Orb/Damage Orb Thing hero in the last slot.

I don't expect him to be overly great but there is some potential there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I'm thinking

Abhorath
Valkyrie
Giant Spider
Sea Troll

The spider feeds Abhorath and the troll. Valkyrie feeds Abhorath and the spider, as well as providing seed gems for the troll to work with. The troll, of course, would feed Abhorath and the spider.

The only problem is that there's not any spell damage, so you're reliant on beefing up Abhorath if you run across a Stoneskin or Gorgoth team.