Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

How Rude posted:

I have been theorizing whether or not taking AS reds and quints on Karma for toplane would be good. Part of what makes her so strong is constant auto attack harass and resetting Mantra but her base AS is atrocious and makes last hitting almost impossible. After accidentally taking an AS rune page on her she felt much more effective in bullying than with bread and butter MPen

your late game presence is nil either way so you might as well go for the maximum performance in lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Taric rework passive!

Slow and Steady

Taric's basic attacks to an enemy champion reduces their armor by 12% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. Basic attacks against enemy champions with 4 stacks cause the attack to reverberate, dealing bonus physical damage on hit to the target and nearby enemy champions, and applying maximum stacks to all enemy champions within the area of effect.

Taric's attack speed cannot be improved except through growth.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I wish :(

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

DolphinCop posted:

your late game presence is nil either way so you might as well go for the maximum performance in lane

that's the idea! instead of just being ghetto Lulu you get to also get to channel your inner Teemo and make the enemy miserable for 15 minutes.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just got a League survey asking about familiarity with all the factions of League, a little quiz on which champs are associated with which factions, and then a bunch of questions about how much you care about the lore and story of a specific set of champs:

Pantheon
Leona
TF
Sion
Nasus
Evelynn
Kalista

Potentially up for lore reworks and/or full reworks?

(Also questions about visiting various websites and music stuff.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aerox posted:

Just got a League survey asking about familiarity with all the factions of League, a little quiz on which champs are associated with which factions, and then a bunch of questions about how much you care about the lore and story of a specific set of champs:

Pantheon
Leona
TF
Sion
Nasus
Evelynn
Kalista

Potentially up for lore reworks and/or full reworks?

(Also questions about visiting various websites and music stuff.)

All those characters except maybe Kalisa got lore rewworks or updates already I think. Maybe Kalista did too and I just didn't hear about it because gently caress the lore.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Please don't call him Bard. His name is Magic Tuba Man.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

When games go that long though, just one person getting picked off will lose you the game. Gold advantage doesn't mean poo poo if everyone has full build anyway.

I've also never been a fun of selling your boots to go for a full 6 item build, but maybe adc mains can tell me I'm wrong. I feel like mobility is just too important on an adc with so many people gunning for you.

On ADC super late game it's arguably better to have another defensive tool or more raw dps because you the movespeed of boots isn't enough. If your main problem is the enemy mid flash combo kills you instantly, boots probably aren't the answer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Have they ever said anything about making Trundles ult look more impactful? Even when I'm playing him there are times I feel like I barely notice it being used and whenever I'm playing against him it's hard as hell to notice it going off in a teamfight. I'm not expecting a neon glow or anything but it just kinda blends too much.

I always notice it's up because when it is I win every duel I fight.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

ImpAtom posted:

All those characters except maybe Kalisa got lore rewworks or updates already I think. Maybe Kalista did too and I just didn't hear about it because gently caress the lore.

Kalista got most of hers retconned during the harrowing/bilgewater thing iirc

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Promoted again :feelsgood:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

they should do a lore rework for aatrox where he is not a boring piece of poo poo

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

SlyFrog posted:

I did it. I finally officially stroked out last night and started full on ranting at people in chat. The nominal trigger? Playing jungle, going bot specifically to hold lane (which was pushed up to tower) to allow a 5% health Draven to back. Pinging back, over and over. Having him sit around for 30 seconds to "get some XP." Having him walk too far forward, and get blasted with a Sona chord. Having him then claim it was "worth for the XP."

The real trigger? I hate everyone who loving plays this game. (Except for all of you, you are all cool.)

This is my confession of guilt. I need absolution.

Say 40 Our Fair Lady Teemos upon your knees in a forest of shrooms and you will be absolved my son.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Please don't call him Bard. His name is Magic Tuba Man.

Oh god I need to play Bard while listening to "The Best Tuba Hits" now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOsNp4O7AU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Have they ever said anything about making Trundles ult look more impactful? Even when I'm playing him there are times I feel like I barely notice it being used and whenever I'm playing against him it's hard as hell to notice it going off in a teamfight. I'm not expecting a neon glow or anything but it just kinda blends too much.

When I'm playing a tank and get quicksilver against trundle, I find I need to look for the debuff icon and sound effect because the visuals, aside from the shift in health, is hard to notice.

If they wanted high visibility a fiddlestick style green line curving from trundle to his target would be ideal.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 31, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I know this is a joke but I would install this immediately especially if they had an announcer pack that tandem said the names.
http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/community-events/announcing-australia/new-zealand-localisation-pack

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I had a midlane Karma in my game today who arguably was the most useful person on our team late in the game because he realized that there is no situation ever where you shouldn't mantra E as Karma in late game teamfights. Granted, you need enough damage from elsewhere to make it work but Karma is really OP atm. Mantra E shielded our Vayne for half of his max health.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

I know this is a joke but I would install this immediately especially if they had an announcer pack that tandem said the names.
http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/community-events/announcing-australia/new-zealand-localisation-pack

Friendly reminder to all as to what tomorrow's date is

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Luna Was Here posted:

Friendly reminder to all as to what tomorrow's date is

Libertine posted:

I know this is a joke

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009

a medical mystery posted:

To prevent them from crashing waves into your tower you can either match their sunfire, buy a ZZrot, or buy a tiamat. All of those items are OK on Trundle, but personally I'd get a tiamat and sit on it as it lets you counter the strategy with the least gold investment.

Keep in mind that on Trundle trades that initially look like you lost tend to swing around to a significant advantage as long as you disengage in time, because of Trundle's passive.

Alright thanks for the tips, I'll try that next time!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

they should do a lore rework for aatrox where he is not a boring piece of poo poo

aatrox is cool as h*ck. leave him the gently caress alone

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

aatrox was a doodle ezreal drew during high school archaeology class

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pog boyfriend posted:

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Bring back the Maokai that was pissed as gently caress he's a magic treeman and not a regular tree.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

:chloe:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
They are probably actually going to do that name thing in oce. They changed dragon and baron to dazza and bazza last year I think and yhis is just that but more. Ill look when i get on my pc if theres an oce update.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Make the changes permanent imo

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
half the names are what a not australian would think is something an australian would say

i dont think they could get away with "the loving oval office toplane" for half the cast tho

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

half the names are what a not australian would think is something an australian would say

i dont think they could get away with "the loving oval office toplane" for half the cast tho

Calling Braum Merv is pretty on point I reckon.

Now that people have learned to play Jhin I really do not like seeing him in games. I guess if he didn't have a 2500 range morgana binding I wouldn't mind him but no one at bronze/silver can dodge so that is a death sentence come late game.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I got an update but the names didnt change

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
This game is hard, someone train me please

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Guys after years of refusing to play Sona I started playing Sona and chunking the poo poo outta fools early and landing rad flash crescendoes late is fun. Sure you're made of wet paper but the stupid ardent censor builds make up for it.

I think I'm broken.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

This game is hard, someone train me please

when you hustle you got to use your muscle

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
New things are out on the NA stuff. If you like surprises, go play ARAM or Blind Pick.

Chest update: Got the Aurelion Sol champion but the rate at which you get chests/key fragments and then the random chance of getting Blue essence/Champions it will probably take months to get this free champion, in which I could literally just have bought him with IP since there's only about six champions I don't own.

e: Random surprise Bundles!

I Mustache You a Question
--Definately Not Blitzcrank
--Urfrider Corki
--El Tigre Braum
--Special Forces Gangplank
--Gragas Caskbreaker

Draven Day Set (April Fools 2k16)
--Definately Not a Vel'Koz Icon
--Draven Draven Icon
--Definately Not Vel'Koz
--Draven Draven
--Meokai
--Urf Kench
--Definately Not a Ward

Definately Not a Bundle (April Fools 2k15)
--Definately Not Udyr
--Urf the Nami-Tee
--Archduke Nasus
--Order of the Banana Soraka
--Surprise Party Amumu

Can't Touch This Bundle
--Overloard Malzahar
Soulstealer Vladimir
Death Blossom Elise
Fisherman Fizz
Academy Ekko

An OK Bundle (Rammus Bundle)
--Chrome Rammus
--Molten Rammus
--Frejlord Rammus
--Ninja Rammus
--Full Metal Rammus
--Guardian of the Sands Rammus

5 AD Plz
--Night Hunter Rengar
--Dragonslayer Jarvin IV
Demon Vi
Dragon Fist Lee Sin
Slayer Pantheon

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 1, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
e: my bad

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 1, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Let's not

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
e:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 1, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Oops, didn't catch that. Serves me right for badly attempting to be witty I guess. Mind editing out my post so we can drop it then?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey, is LoLSA one of ours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Spiros posted:

Hey, is LoLSA one of ours?

Lol,

• Locked thread