Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Trebek posted:

Myself is so awesome.

I hate these instagram quote pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is a while back, and appropos of nothing, but it fits here and it is something I have been thinking far too much about.

Do any "Flat Earth" believing people live on the coast? Because if so, how in the name of everliving gently caress could they stay Flat Earthers? When a boat comes in to port, you see the top of it firs as it rides it's way over the horizon, the same way it dips out of view when it heads out to sea.

Simple, observable, and easily explainable proof that the earth is at the very least curved.

Sorry for that, but I don't know ant Flat Earthers, and am astounded that people could be that willingly and stubbornly anti-science as to argue against their own perceptions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a while back, and appropos of nothing, but it fits here and it is something I have been thinking far too much about.

Do any "Flat Earth" believing people live on the coast? Because if so, how in the name of everliving gently caress could they stay Flat Earthers? When a boat comes in to port, you see the top of it firs as it rides it's way over the horizon, the same way it dips out of view when it heads out to sea.

Simple, observable, and easily explainable proof that the earth is at the very least curved.

Sorry for that, but I don't know ant Flat Earthers, and am astounded that people could be that willingly and stubbornly anti-science as to argue against their own perceptions.

I wonder more how they explain people flying west from the US into Asia

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I watched a video where a Flat Earther explains that, because I hate myself. The argument is that nobody has actually observed that happening, and all videos of it happening are edited to skip the parts where they lower (or raise, if the ship is coming towards port) the camera.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Thoughtless posted:

I watched a video where a Flat Earther explains that, because I hate myself. The argument is that nobody has actually observed that happening, and all videos of it happening are edited to skip the parts where they lower (or raise, if the ship is coming towards port) the camera.

This makes no sense. Nobody has actually observed that happening?? So nobody has ever watched a boat sail out to sea? Ever? Is he actually arguing this? Also, that when there is footage of it, what they do, is sink and raise the boats just to trick everyone on the shoreline.

This reeks of both 1) Nuh Uh! Not listening! Lalalalala, and 2) someone who doesn't realise there is a world outside of his bedroom.

So, yeah a Flat Earther.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

scratching there heads

:ohdear: Oh, really? Well, if Regina George said it, the debate must be over.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Henchman of Santa posted:

I wonder more how they explain people flying west from the US into Asia

Most flat earth idiots address that by assuming that the north pole is the middle of the 'plate' that makes up earth, and that Antarctica is actually a huge ice wall around the outer edge. When you fly West, according to this logic, you are constantly turning toward the north to keep your bearing.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Aren't like 99.9% of flat-earthers doing it ironically?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fightin' the good fight.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Fightin' the good fight.

Take THAT, China!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm certain that China is extremely upset that Emily didn't order kung pao chicken or chop suey for lunch.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Troops?! More like POOPS am I right heh

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

:ohdear: Oh, really? Well, if Regina George said it, the debate must be over.

Seeing right-wing conservatives try to use memes is the weirdest thing. They get that they're images with white text with a black border over them and contain some kind of pithy remark, but there's something so off about them. They just miss the point so much.

Yesterdays Piss
Nov 8, 2009

This was on my school's Facebook page. I'm not even sure what they're even angry about, or why they think women talking about the evolution of video games is worthy of being protested. And yes, they look exactly like you would assume.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
This dude is chill irl but this post is a bit :eyepop:

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
So, he just cut a slit in his hand and stuck a chip or something into the wound? Is this how the human revolution starts?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

HairyManling posted:

So, he just cut a slit in his hand and stuck a chip or something into the wound? Is this how the human revolution starts?

Nah, that was when that moron got tossed out of a McDonalds for bolting google glass to his skull.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
my dumbass is augmented

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm certain that China is extremely upset that Emily didn't order kung pao chicken or chop suey for lunch.

The country is collapsing in chaos as we speak

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

HairyManling posted:

Ah, bacterial infection, in the fresh.

What a shame.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I've met a handful of people who have implanted chips or magnets into their hands with no medical training other than Youtube videos. Amazingly, none of them got any serious infections as far as I know.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

This might be BS, but I recall hearing somewhere that Bill Clinton got some flack during his first presidential run because he was born in 1946, and couldn't possibly be mature enough to run the country if he didn't even storm a single beach in Europe first.

It was even worse in that Clinton beat the last two WWII vets to run for President. He not only failed to take the cliffs, but he kept real heroes from office.

The Greatest Generation would have ruled into the new century if not for Bill.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Byzantine posted:

Even in 1865, the United States would've still existed. 1814 was the last time we were actually under threat of being conquered.

That was the last time we actually got properly invaded by a foreign power in a serious way, but losing the Civil War (or just letting the Confederacy break off without bothering to fight) would have given precedent for any other states that got upset about the federal government and wanted to secede, which isn't really good when you're trying to remain united in the first place. So ending with a separate Confederacy in 1865 wouldn't have resulted in the United States just immediately dissolving, but it doesn't say anything good for its future.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Daddy Marbles posted:

This was on my school's Facebook page. I'm not even sure what they're even angry about, or why they think women talking about the evolution of video games is worthy of being protested. And yes, they look exactly like you would assume.

"Let's attend the panel, not listen, and argue with them! Being right is better than being informed! [highfive]"

Vladimir Poutine posted:

A lot of experienced piercers will happily do stuff like this for you. You still don't get painkillers, but at least they know how to keep a wound clean/make small incisions/don't use a loving x-acto knife.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Vladimir Poutine posted:

So what does it do?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Vladimir Poutine posted:

"I actually did ask for this"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I don't think it's a joke.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Christo posted:

So what does it do?

Probably nothing. Those implants do exist and I've met people with them, but they've got specific purposes like ID recognition with electronics. Someone randomly cutting their hand open at home and shoving a microprocessor in for no good reason is just asking for infection.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I once put a garage door opener in my mouth

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I deliver chips for a living; three years ago there was a voluntary recall on the main chip that I deliver, before I even started the job.

Now there are people sharing the original three year old recall notice and it's spreading around again. Half my stores have asked me about it and one woman actually returned her chips because she read about it on Facebook.

:suicide:

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

artsy fartsy posted:

I once put a garage door opener in my mouth

Start a channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc2X84SG3cw

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Not gonna lie, for a second I thought she was about to take a big bite of her own hair.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bless their heart but their suicide problem is clearly because of the pills they are smoking out of that bong.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Came across this treat on my feed on this wonderful holiday.

Although it seems a little petty, nothing too egregious here. Suprise! She is also a pro-Trump anti-PC trash bag!

Bonus anti-Bernie meme that is 100% true, yes sir nothing made up here.

e: I don't know why my images are broken so added separate links
32: Thank you kind prince

Immolat1on has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Apr 1, 2016

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I feel like a bad person for laughing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I feel like a bad person for laughing.

If it makes you feel better, birds are assholes. You can be a bad person for other reasons :v:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Immolat1on posted:

Came across this treat on my feed on this wonderful holiday.

Although it seems a little petty, nothing too egregious here. Suprise! She is also a pro-Trump anti-PC trash bag!

Bonus anti-Bernie meme that is 100% true, yes sir nothing made up here.

e: I don't know why my images are broken so added separate links

If you add .jpg to the ends of the addresses, it seems to fix it.

Also: I love the idea that we've replaced "needs to have been in the military" with "needs to have accrued flopping great wodges of cash" for legitimizing presidential campaigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Bring it on, liberals!