Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
So the intermission video player thing was on Taz and they were saying about how he's the oldest active player and his bald as gently caress head, here I am thinking he's at least 35 or something then I look it up and he's only like 5 months older than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

metallicaeg posted:

So the intermission video player thing was on Taz and they were saying about how he's the oldest active player and his bald as gently caress head, here I am thinking he's at least 35 or something then I look it up and he's only like 5 months older than me

welcome to hell, man, your fast twitch reflexes are already in terminal decline

you are obsolete

(so am I)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

A good old fashioned TeamSpeak crash! :v:

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Whats going on with the stream? Thought they had another half. I was putting the kids to bed so didn't see what happened.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Teamspeak crashed during the pistol round. Admins are trying to figure out if players took damage before the crash to determine whether the round will be replayed.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

sterster posted:

Whats going on with the stream? Thought they had another half. I was putting the kids to bed so didn't see what happened.

I don't know either. It's one hell of a wait though

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

So unless shenanigans occur, Luminosity is basically through to the final and navi/fnatic will be a really fun semi, right?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Liquid is gonna win it all. It's NA's time.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

the big question is if they bothered to tape any more vignettes than what they've already showed

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Fateo McMurray posted:

If fnatic doesn't win :yeah:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Fateo McMurray posted:

America has never lost a war on home turf and it is not going to start now.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Fat Lou posted:

America has never lost a war on home turf and it is not going to start now.

Make NA CS Great Again

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

What a day of setup, I hope everyone enjoys the stage and stuff tomorrow everyone worked their balls off

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I hope that I will be home in time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Join the new GooNova group (that I just made)

We have a pretty regular group o'dudes who play NA around 8-10 cst

I have joined this group as "F. Lee Baily."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dispersal posted:

I also just joined on a whim, but I probably won't be playing any comp until May rolls around because of schoolwork.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Getting done with work at noon on fridays is so dope. Niko getting me 110 points in today's pick 'em was even more dope.

LETS GO BRASIL! ...I mean USA USA USA! :yarg:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I want team liquid to win the major because cloud 9 sucks rear end and needs to be clipped

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
lg or vp this is probably the hardest pick em ive had so far

also i aced my pick ems today woot woot

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

LG

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I didn't see last night's game, but is it not likely to be a pretty straightforward win for LG? Even if they obviously aren't as bad as their recent online form suggests, VP got steamrolled by Na'vi.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I think you have to give the edge to lg in a bo3 given their recent form. but vp is vp so who the gently caress knows

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 1, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

America is the best at killing terrorists and fighting for freedom so it should easily win liquid v clg.

Dispersal posted:

I'm gonna add you. We played last night. I'm rahl. Also not as bad as that mm suggested, I promise.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Photex posted:

What a day of setup, I hope everyone enjoys the stage and stuff tomorrow everyone worked their balls off

Headed down to Columbus now. Should be a good time.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

peanut- posted:

I didn't see last night's game, but is it not likely to be a pretty straightforward win for LG? Even if they obviously aren't as bad as their recent online form suggests, VP got steamrolled by Na'vi.

On the other hand, very recently VP got robbed by Na'Vi so... add to the fact that LG was being kinda weak recently and everything is possible.

But I do have to back LG on this one.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
after like 3 weeks of not playing due to fear of lovely ping i finally got to enjoy csgo again it feels good except im ultra rusty and this new keyboard makes it awkward

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"Man, VP are poo poo lately, I won't bet on them" *VP stomp first round* "Well gently caress, ok maybe they're worth giving a chance" *VP lose convincingly* "fucks sake, right well I won't make that mistake again" *VP win a BO3*

I hate pick'em

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
man what even happened to vp, i remember when they were one of the biggest threats

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Had VP in thee pickem and on lounge, feelsgoodman

Does anyone know if Lumi/VP players count for the fantasy team today? Their game isn't until tomorrow but it doesn't say they're on a bye ingame. It's a weird situation either way because you either only have ~an hour to change your team after the last quarterfinal tomorrow, or everyone has to pick Lumi/VP players for Saturday because one of them will play 2 BO3s.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember something like that happening during the first second major I watched, I was very salty because the match that NiP was supposed to play in the quarterfinals was delayed and I didn't get to place a sticker for the semifinals until the next day, and of course I woke up after the semi match had already finished. I wound up unable to get a bronze trophy off of a single pair of stickers thanks to that poo poo.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 1, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

after like 3 weeks of not playing due to fear of lovely ping i finally got to enjoy csgo again it feels good except im ultra rusty and this new keyboard makes it awkward

i forgot to do a speed test while i was on my pc bu i just played a game with 7 ping

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
internet speed doesn't really matter if your connection is better than 8Mb/s (which 99% of the nation's is). Arf's case might be different in Brazil/Peru (i dont remember which you're from) but for the most part the big thing is location/routing. for instance, here is my speedtest:

and when i play mm i get about 70-90 ping to valve's servers because i live in SE Montana

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot to do a speed test while i was on my pc bu i just played a game with 7 ping

as long as my current environment maintains this chokeless connection, im fine with this the way it is

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

internet speed doesn't really matter if your connection is better than 8Mb/s (which 99% of the nation's is). Arf's case might be different in Brazil/Peru (i dont remember which you're from) but for the most part the big thing is location/routing. for instance, here is my speedtest:

and when i play mm i get about 70-90 ping to valve's servers because i live in SE Montana

he lives in argentina and i live in australia so your conversation about US internet is really useful to me bragging to him about my new fibre internet while he tries to make wireless internet out of a bedpan and a stolen car battery

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

as long as my current environment maintains this chokeless connection, im fine with this the way it is

if its anything like my old connection does that mean praying it doesnt rain?

Volti
Aug 26, 2005
Working as intended
Any comments, tweets or rumours from EnvyUs after their loss? Is EnvyUs on suicide watch?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Hadron posted:

Any comments, tweets or rumours from EnvyUs after their loss? Is EnvyUs on suicide watch?

They were hanging at the bar the night they got eliminated so it seemed okay.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

peanut- posted:

Eh, VP steamrolled G2. LG will probably win, but not 2-0 I think.

Also lol if you think NA is going to win the major.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

trying to jack off posted:

he lives in argentina and i live in australia so your conversation about US internet is really useful to me bragging to him about my new fibre internet while he tries to make wireless internet out of a bedpan and a stolen car battery

whoa sorry didn't realize i was walking into a thread with steam chat conversations being brought out as serious posts
also hes from argentina i think his internet would be more along the lines of a few banana peels and coffee grounds mixed together in a cup with copper wire running from it to a socket in the wall

Photex posted:

They were hanging at the bar

jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArfJason posted:

man what even happened to vp, i remember when they were one of the biggest threats

you're talking like it's ancient times bro, last half of 2015 was them and Lumi right on the heels of fnatic