Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I forget did we get the enforcer sneak preview this week or last week?

Slowly teasing out these skill revisions is so painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mendrian posted:

I forget did we get the enforcer sneak preview this week or last week?

Slowly teasing out these skill revisions is so painful.

It was last week, Technician should drop Friday if they keep to the schedule.

You can find the proposed changes in this subforum.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 31, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
When is the skill changes supposed to happen?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

So do these guards not have pagers? Or do they expect us to get to the end and the murder everyone before running for the exit?

They have pagers, and there's a 20 second failure clock, so it looks like ECM chanin. edit: Just charge em I guess.

Also, there's a container that tells you what opening tools are in the yard and the basement.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

They have pagers, and there's a 20 second failure clock, so it looks like ECM chanin.

Except the achievement stipulates no ECMs.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

The solution might be 'stealth entire mission to the escape, kill all guards in a 10s window, sprint for exit'.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zigmidge posted:

When is the skill changes supposed to happen?

The only thing they've said is that they're releasing a reworked skill tree once every week for five weeks and that the skill rework will be an open beta. The last one should drop on April 15, and I would be surprised if they didn't release the open beta one week after that. As to how long the reworked trees remain in beta? Who knows.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

New heist is pretty damned hard. Russians seem to do a ton of damage.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Blight Runner posted:

So for the Bigger lobby mod, does that prevent you from getting achievements involving "do this with your four man crew"?

Bigger Lobby disables achievements.

Crabtree posted:

With this heist making new cop variants for different missions, the sky's the limit on dreaming up special variants literally from hell when The Dentist contacts us again to bring the Ark of the Covenant to him or some other cursed mystic artifact.

He's probably waiting for the proper celestial alignment so he can slam dunk The Diamond into the Gold Grin Illuminati Box and open the basement of the Big Bank end the world.

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah, stealth becomes much easier when you realize you can just put bullets in the heads of civies you can't tie down. Here's a challenge mode for everyone, stealth without killing anyone including guards! I've done it ONCE and it was painful.

It should be possible on any Harvest and Trustee Bank, assuming you can dominate the four guards into cuffing themselves. After that its a matter of bringing enough zip ties or yelling a lot.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 31, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I'll actually want to do the new stealth mission a lot. That's nice. Nice features:

-There are a lot of safe spaces
-ECMs aren't a must and actually have sever limits put on them, so bag boxes are useful.
-Guard pathing isn't obnoxiously randomized
-A spotter with a Theia is actually useful
-There's a big-rear end sign in the trainyard that tells you where each necessary device is.

It actually plays like a basic, well-designed stealth map.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Plan Z posted:

So I'll actually want to do the new stealth mission a lot. That's nice. Nice features:

-There are a lot of safe spaces
-ECMs aren't a must and actually have sever limits put on them, so bag boxes are useful.
-Guard pathing isn't obnoxiously randomized
-A spotter with a Theia is actually useful
-There's a big-rear end sign in the trainyard that tells you where each necessary device is.

It actually plays like a basic, well-designed stealth map.

I just beat it with body bags so I never tried it with ECMs. What happens with ECMs?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

I just beat it with body bags so I never tried it with ECMs. What happens with ECMs?

ECMs will disable drones like they do cameras without alerting anyone, but they also disable the panels on the sides of trains so that you can't hack them, meaning an ECM rush will only work if you have the train doors open, and are able to get to the EMP bomb.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 31, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Other fun notes on the new stealth mission in addition to those above:
-There is a whiteboard diagonally opposite from the spawnpoint that indicates the vertical level that three of the four mission items are on.
-You can hide underneath train cars.
-Guards have fairly predictable patrol routes.
-The keycards always have a radio next to them, playing music. This can help you find them.
-The construction workers also make noise that be heard from fairly far away. They have either a blowtorch or thermite paste near them.
-You can grab the blowtorch and thermite paste through the wall if you don't want to risk alerting the nearby construction worker.
-The computer server makes beeps and boops but it is really soft and hard to hear.
-The drone cameras are not active while they are moving. When they are about to turn on, they emit a red light, and once the camera activates, it emits a white light.
-Drones are immune to gunfire. You can stick a bunch of arrows/shuriken/javelins in them though.
-There appear to be four dumpsters in the train yard

This is easily the best designed stealth heist in the game.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Hey, Bain's apologetic again when you fail a mission.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
So, the White Streak doesn't have the kickass 31-concealment build that the Baby Deagle does, but for people who don't give a poo poo about that it's basically a Baby Deagle with two extra rounds in the magazine. Sick.

The electrical brass knuckles have largely the same stats as the buzzer. The buzzer has a slightly shorter attack delay (time between releasing the melee button and when the melee actually lands) but a slightly longer cooldown (time before you can initiate another melee). The buzzer is going to be a little better at catching charging cloakers, but if you actually kill things with your melee the knuckles are the better pick.

Charging the buzzer doesn't actually do anything so I assume the same is true of the knuckles.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Question about goonmod, I'm getting messages about updates and things being disabled and whatnot until the mod updates. I went into the mod options to force the content but nothing seems changed save for corpse despawning. I don't see gage coins happening or custom skins and having it on prevents me from playing with anyone that doesn't have it. I must have broke something but I can't find documentation for it. I half expect that this is normal but a bunch of goons really recommended I run it.

Is there armour with bright bold red text telling me what I'm doing wrong?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zigmidge posted:

Question about goonmod, I'm getting messages about updates and things being disabled and whatnot until the mod updates. I went into the mod options to force the content but nothing seems changed save for corpse despawning. I don't see gage coins happening or custom skins and having it on prevents me from playing with anyone that doesn't have it. I must have broke something but I can't find documentation for it. I half expect that this is normal but a bunch of goons really recommended I run it.

Is there armour with bright bold red text telling me what I'm doing wrong?

Click "force update" in the goonmod options and restart your client. I don't really know what you did but post screencaps.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
did you turn on extended inventory and gage-coins?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Click "force update" in the goonmod options and restart your client. I don't really know what you did but post screencaps.

Sick, this pointed me in the right direction. I mean, I'd already done that but I didn't realize I then had to go back and initialize all of goonmod's features one by one. They all defaulted to off except corpses.

Thanks.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sorry I couldn't get you the other Deathwish mender and being the one to gently caress up Deathwish Murkey Station 2-3 times. But there are some serious loving bugs with these new heists and it isn't just Crazy Ivan having some weird coding. Like cameras mattering like 50% of the time in heists and there being absolutely no cover in DW of Boiling point from even the spawning point. Just wake up and get hosed from every direction before you can even land.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Crabtree posted:

I'm sorry I couldn't get you the other Deathwish mender and being the one to gently caress up Deathwish Murkey Station 2-3 times. But there are some serious loving bugs with these new heists and it isn't just Crazy Ivan having some weird coding. Like cameras mattering like 50% of the time in heists and there being absolutely no cover in DW of Boiling point from even the spawning point. Just wake up and get hosed from every direction before you can even land.

No worries. Stealth is stealth and DW Boiling Point is the new Lab Rats. The camera thing is actually a classic bug, same thing happens a bunch on Shadowraid.

Concordat posted:

-Guards have fairly predictable patrol routes.

In general, yeah, but there's clearly a fuckton of node issues that cause guards to 180 around and do infuriating poo poo. I think the easiest place to see it happen is in the boiler room nearest the start of the map. When a guard goes in there he refuses to make a full circuit of the room and instead does back and forth loops. That said, as long as you don't get screwed over by that, the basement is super easy to zip around without needing to kill anyone. Even on DW the only real potential obstacle is if a titan camera has overwatch on a civ.

As for bugs, there's seemingly something funky with Janitor and I've heard reports of it affecting Ghost Run as well, where you need to escape without the alarm active for the achievements to trigger. At the very least, we ended up having to do a run where we very specifically put a guard's body in each dumpster, closed the lids, and escaped quietly after failing to get it during a No Witnesses run.

Dunno if I'd call it the best stealth map in the game, but when you're not struggling against the usual bullshit that can torpedo stealth, it is fun and overall nicely put together.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 1, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Considering I just spent twenty minutes doing Murky Station on DW only to fail at the last moment, and I don't feel like it was wasted time because I was having fun, I'm prepared to call it a drat good stealth map.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
DW Murky Station is fine, its problems come from general pathing node bullshit and for me the first time I've ever seen taking down cameras sometimes matter and sometimes don't because who loving knows. Guards have walked through walls, but I swear some of these cops were stopping because they heard me opening the train latch and look around several times. Like they either hosed up a few things or stealthily improved guard AI and didn't tell us between the first few tries. Its ancillary achievements are much more nerve-wracking than its outright difficulty and most of that comes from problems Murdoch already stated.

However, It has some very good ideas such as hacking trains that have different security measures that you need to find the tools to open or the vent systems being a safe zone you can utilize without making the optimal path killing everything or ECM rushing. If it wasn't for the lingering warts of OVK programing, this would be a total improvement to the old Payday 2 stealth game.

Boiling Point up until death wish is also a lot of great ideas. But its undoing is probably OVK never thinking that the Russian cops likely have a combination DW special and gangster damage all coming at you at once if you're just unlucky enough to have a bad spawn. Its like fighting an army of Saiga Dozers before today's patch all hitting you at once. We powered through to the lab on sheer luck and that's just bullshit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Info so far:

Murky Station: You don't need to shout down civs to get nearby equipment.

Boiling Point: Wow, Overkill not testing DW implementation strikes again. All basic Russian enemies are using stats copied from Blue SWAT. You can imagine what this means on DW. It's what's making that difficulty so insanely impossible.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My group hypothesizes that Shockproof kept us from getting the melee achievement but we have little empirical data to support the claim.

Regardless, the pounder can nail bulldozers has the highest DPS of any melee weapon that can hurt bulldozers. The trench knife, Nova's shank, and the switchblade come tied for second. The kunai has as much DPS before poison as the other second-place winners do but we don't know if poison damage will spoil the run. If not, it's superior to the pounder.

The katana is great but can't hurt dozers so don't bring it unless one guy is willing to play ring-around-the-rosie with a black bulldozer for what seems like an eternity.
Sociopath remains the best melee build perk deck. Accept no substitutes.

Bring a RPG and empty it into the sky at the start of the heist to prevent tasers from loving you out of an achievement. Bows will do in a pinch if you can get your crew to fire them into the lake or somewhere else you can't inadvertently pick up the spent bolts/arrows.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 1, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It appears saiga dozers do not spawn on DW in the loud mission (good) and the default mercs have 136 instead of 240 hp (also good), so Overkill learned from Deathwish mistakes past!

except that those same default mercs will hit you for 60+ damage a shot. I saw one hit which was 170 according to my HUD.

also, specials all still have the same inflated HP, but you can't have everything.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I updated my dumb mod again to the latest spawn tables with the non-placeholder stuff that was in the previous patch so here you go:
GenSec on Overkill v1.21
GenSec on Overkill v1.21g (Host only, no grey changes)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Info so far:

Murky Station: You don't need to shout down civs to get nearby equipment.

Boiling Point: Wow, Overkill not testing DW implementation strikes again. All basic Russian enemies are using stats copied from Blue SWAT. You can imagine what this means on DW. It's what's making that difficulty so insanely impossible.

The civs are kinda like the Big Bank cubicle ones; you can get right up behind them without setting them off. There's a couple of possible locations where I'd say you're better off stuffing them in a corner, though.

And I'm not totally convinced that the damage numbers are the only thing wrong with DW Boiling Point, but I suppose it remains to be seen how things shake out once you're able to spend more time shooting Russians than being dead on the ground.

Dr Cheeto posted:

we don't know if poison damage will spoil the run. If not, it's superior to the pounder.

Hmmmm. When I tried earlier tonight I'm pretty sure we were all using the kunai and didn't get it despite signs we managed to avoid killing anything with bullets, so perhaps that is an issue.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 1, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yeah, enemy pathfinding around several parts of the map appears incomplete.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Strong enough to swarm you, weak enough to go down with a single smack from the pounder

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

John Murdoch posted:

Hmmmm. When I tried earlier tonight I'm pretty sure we were all using the kunai and didn't get it despite signs we managed to avoid killing anything with bullets, so perhaps that is an issue.

Same. It could very well be that. Oh well, pounder it is then!

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I fought against the Pubstove and got burnt.

I cleared the entire Diamond Store with the glass safe alone. In spawns a XXV-100 and he immediately nades me and exits. I go down and game ends. gently caress people :(

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Looks like a bunch of you need to :gitgud:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Looks like a bunch of you need to :gitgud:

what whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :smuggo:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Not gonna lie, I hope this "new" difficulty sticks around in some capacity. Less health for more damage is an acceptable trade-off, as far as I'm concerned.

Also: there isn't much cover at the start of Boiling Point, but it's absolutely there, and it's enough to get by.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Not gonna lie, I hope this "new" difficulty sticks around in some capacity. Less health for more damage is an acceptable trade-off, as far as I'm concerned.

Also: there isn't much cover at the start of Boiling Point, but it's absolutely there, and it's enough to get by.

Yes there are cover areas to the right and the left of the wall and inside the building, but when they can spawn on the ground right behind you before you can land at the beginning of the heist it is absolute horseshit and you know it. If I'm going to be downed, I'd rather it be when I can at least fire back.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Yes there are cover areas to the right and the left of the wall and inside the building, but when they can spawn on the ground right behind you before you can land at the beginning of the heist it is absolute horseshit and you know it. If I'm going to be downed, I'd rather it be when I can at least fire back.

Oh this reminds me of how Chorse got tased right at the start at one of the follow-up Overkill runs (AK/Ruskie hat I think), like, instantaneously upon landing or right before landing, and even though we killed the taser he was just stuck being tased until we downed him with molotovs. Good times. It's double funny, too, since "Fixed an issue that caused enemies to be able to tase players while parachuting" was in the patch notes and I did not see how that was at all an issue, up until tonight, where it was an issue after being supposedly fixed.

Never change, Overkill.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Folks experiencing radically different difficulty on Boiling Point- large parts of the navigation node set for the heist are broken, such that depending on which spawnpoints are used, you will see dramatically greater or fewer enemies. This is particularly noticeable if you get an upper level interior bomb landing site- enemies will stack up outside, unable to path to you.

Redditors are of course insisting it's an "intentional difficulty tweak", and arguing that people unhappy with less-than-a-second downs to normal enemies "were previously whining that the game was too easy", and that this was what they said they wanted. Infuriating.

The actual intentional difficulty tweak, adjusting Black Dozer damage, appears to be similarly screwy. From facepunch:

quote:

The problem is it was only... kinda fixed. The DW Blackdozer still does 100 damage minimum (So imagine getting 100 damage outta nowhere.) Max he's doing about 240, it's a lot less obnoxious than 400 damage I admit. But the problem is they ignored the main issue I had with it: his damage profile on Deathwish had really messed up multipliers.

Instead they nerfed the base damage of the actual NPC Saiga, while yes it did nerf the DW Dozer noticeably, it also messed up the non-dw saiga dozer damage to be laughably pathetic. (60 max)

To sum it up: He's not completely broken anymore, but he's still broken.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I wonder how many of those redditors bragging about how easy Boiling Point is on DW are playing with lovely host computers. A host with a slow computer is basically a lower difficulty level. If you see cops standing still or super small spawns, your host should upgrade their PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
I can't speak to DW because I never play it, but Boiling Point is absolutely perfect (barring the apparent bugs) on Overkill. I hope if/when they tweak it they don't change it too much on lesser difficulties, because they pretty much nailed it. A real good change of pace all around.