Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Is the schadenfreude the fact that you've fallen for a really obvious April Fools photoshop?

Edit: oh poo poo, the team did the photoshop and posted it to their own facebook page
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-35934746

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Brocktoon posted:

Wasn't there stuff that came out a few years ago that New York and Sister Patterson are not related and just actresses?

No clue. Wikipedia lists her as her mother.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
True scootyfroot is naming yourself New York.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Tony Phillips posted:

Bonus Bartolofreude:

Ever get caught off first base and run down like a deer in headlights by a 285 pound. . .

Bull. poo poo. That might be what it says on his baseball card, but my drivers license says I'm 150 and that ain't true either.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

The Nards Pan posted:

Bull. poo poo. That might be what it says on his baseball card, but my drivers license says I'm 150 and that ain't true either.

Oh no doubt. There's no way he's actually 285. That's just what he's listed at.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's not quite as bad as it seems at first, since it's being done as a show of support for the team's own minority members that got attacked by racists. I don't think blackface has the exact same connotations in Germany as it does in the United States, since they didn't have minstrel shows or The Birth of a Nation.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Is the schadenfreude the fact that you've fallen for a really obvious April Fools photoshop?

Edit: oh poo poo, the team did the photoshop and posted it to their own facebook page
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-35934746
It's not April 1st in Germany yet, the actual schadenfreude guy.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not quite as bad as it seems at first, since it's being done as a show of support for the team's own minority members that got attacked by racists. I don't think blackface has the exact same connotations in Germany as it does in the United States, since they didn't have minstrel shows or The Birth of a Nation.

I don't think we have any kind of blackface except for the guy dressed up as Caspar in a Sternsinger group (and he's a king and not some kind of servant, like Zwarte Piet in the Netherlands).

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

im pooping! posted:

Meanwhile in Korea...

Please explain more about this.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Pillow Hat posted:

Please explain more about this.

Celebrity baseball game in Korea. Pre-planned "fight". (Of course.)

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i know literally nothing about it aside from what i observe in the gif, which isnt much

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Yea when Viva la Bam was airing it was pretty obvious the family would inevitably run into trouble. Bam's money had completely upgraded their lifestyle, and his show was dependent on the family being involved in his antics. Nobody in his immediate family was really in a position to tell him anything he needed to hear.

I also forgot about the whole Ryan Dunn thing, that may have taken a toll on him. I'm more interested to watch this thing than I thought I would be...

The Ryan Dunn thing might just be the one thing that drove his problems to the point where they had to get help. In the clip he notes that he has been drinking pretty regularly for about ten years. Dunn was killed in 2011. Bam was chugging when Jackass was doing straight to the movies.

I'm finding the whole 'rehab' thing problematic. Margera is obviously in some serious trouble, and playacting in a mansion is a band aid. He needs a nice good stay at a real rehab clinic out of the view of the public to simply sort his poo poo out. And his loving mom needs to pry her face away from a camera and do what's right for her kid, even if he's a bloated and bearded mess. I take some schaden in that Bam has gone from pampered stunt boy to Jocquin Phoenix, but at this point he needs to put down the bottle, accept the MTV days are over, and move on with his life.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Zopotantor posted:

I don't think we have any kind of blackface except for the guy dressed up as Caspar in a Sternsinger group (and he's a king and not some kind of servant, like Zwarte Piet in the Netherlands).
Balthasar, du Heide!

And yes, if you tell the average non-internet using German that "blackface is racist" they'll look at you funny.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Simply Simon posted:

And yes, if you tell the average non-internet using German that "blackface is racist" they'll look at you funny.

Well, they're not exactly known for being the best at knowing where to draw the line with these kinds of things.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

chitoryu12 posted:

Surely they should know that all cultures are judged against American standards?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Xenoletum posted:

I'm pretty sure the girl in the second GIF is Kana, who is now Asuka, who is already in the WWE. She's batshit good.

That girls name is Kairi Hojo whose nickname is the Pirate Princess. Still a ridiculously impressive elbow drop if only because she goes sideways in the air and her legs end up way higher than her body which is pretty cool to see.

Testekill has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Apr 1, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The Ryan Dunn thing might just be the one thing that drove his problems to the point where they had to get help. In the clip he notes that he has been drinking pretty regularly for about ten years. Dunn was killed in 2011. Bam was chugging when Jackass was doing straight to the movies.

I'm finding the whole 'rehab' thing problematic. Margera is obviously in some serious trouble, and playacting in a mansion is a band aid. He needs a nice good stay at a real rehab clinic out of the view of the public to simply sort his poo poo out. And his loving mom needs to pry her face away from a camera and do what's right for her kid, even if he's a bloated and bearded mess. I take some schaden in that Bam has gone from pampered stunt boy to Jocquin Phoenix, but at this point he needs to put down the bottle, accept the MTV days are over, and move on with his life.
When you watch the episode 2 or whatever on youtube the therapy itself is also pretty questionable. He should get a real group and therapist instead of a freak show made to make money on drama.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

True scootyfroot is naming yourself New York.

That's just what Flava Flav called her on flavor of love.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure if this is the right thread or not.

I think it is funny though.

NHL playoffs will have no Canadian teams this year.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/no-canadian-teams-nhl-playoffs-1.3513988

It shames the whole of canada anyways.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lime Tonics posted:

90% of the rosters are Canadians anyway though right?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

canyoneer posted:

68.1% of the league overall is Canadian. Hell if I'm bothering on a per roster basis but someone out there could do the math.

Edit:
Actually looks like 48%.
That 68 is cumulative among the life of the league.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

8 of the 30 NFL teams are coached by Americans, the rest by Canadians. Only 1 of them (out of 5) made it past the first round of the playoffs in 2015.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

68.1% of the league overall is Canadian. Hell if I'm bothering on a per roster basis but someone out there could do the math.

Edit:
Actually looks like 48%.
That 68 is cumulative among the life of the league.

Yeah, but only 25% are currently Americans. Theres a whole bunch of nordic countries represented also.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

How do I make gif go

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Lime Tonics posted:

It's even funnier because in the NHL 16 out of 30 teams make it to the playoffs.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Let's not forget that these guys probably have some very nasty CTE symptoms in their brain. So it's probably super hosed up from years of getting knocked. I just want Johnny Knoxville to live forever.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now to mail him to Abu Dhabi.

Now that's a reference I can respect.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://gifsound.com/?gifv=FmX1aoF&v=sFvENQBc-F8&s=13

http://i.imgur.com/FmX1aoF.webm

repost from the 'pos

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

If you could replace thread titles with gifs.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

High fashion shows were always weird but this takes the cake.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.gfycat.com/ThirdVastAntbear.webm

Deathmatch wrestling at its finest. Two fat guys pouring blood and one of the guys fucks up and puts himself through a burning table on accident.

edit: linked because it absolutely shatters tables and I don't know how to make a webm file smaller.

Testekill has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Apr 1, 2016

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This needs to be matched up with music from Dire Straits' "Walk of Life" for maximum effect.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Testekill posted:

edit: linked because it absolutely shatters tables

Actually I think their main problem was that the table didn't shatter :v:

Edit: here's a different method of botching the flaming table spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPj1jRg6lwM

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Apr 1, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

This would have made me puma pants. I'll show myself out.

Bam just needs to go here. Obviously this guy knows how to treat addiction, he was once an addict but now he isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96XdnN6bNE

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Google had to disable its April Fools Joke after it backfired, and caused people to lose their jobs.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/01/google-disables-april-fools-joke-gmail-mic-drop

They added an additional "Send" button, called "Send Mic Drop" that included a gif of a Minion character, and blocked all reply e-mails to your e-mail. Unfortunately, they put the "Send Mic Drop" button right next to the "Send" button, and a lot of people pressed it inadvertently on business e-mails.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Staryberry posted:

Google had to disable its April Fools Joke after it backfired, and caused people to lose their jobs.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/01/google-disables-april-fools-joke-gmail-mic-drop

They added an additional "Send" button, called "Send Mic Drop" that included a gif of a Minion character, and blocked all reply e-mails to your e-mail. Unfortunately, they put the "Send Mic Drop" button right next to the "Send" button, and a lot of people pressed it inadvertently on business e-mails.

More specifically, they had replaced the send and archive button with it.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/waxpancake/status/715760228164304899

Kurieg has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Apr 1, 2016