Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

He embodies the sin of Pride which is false love of the self, the "I". Royalty is understanding that I AM AND I ARE ALL WE, that you are Yisun and Yisun is everyone else. Pride is failing to see beyond I AM; you fail to realize others are the same as you. Solomon knows he is great, but he doesn't get that he's just part of a greater whole, so while he's kind and benevolent to those who act as he would, he crushes those who do not.

Really, if I had to guess, each demiurge's sin is doing the exact opposite of what their word should teach them.

Of course, he could also fit in for The Diamond, assuming Diamonds are linked with perfection in K6BD much like they are in our world. Really, this is all speculation.

Becoming aware of the secret Tower without full understanding of I AM = I AM NOT results in zero-summing, literally being erased from this dream of reality. So I doubt Solomon has understanding of the secret syllable of royalty.

Unless abaddon wants to throw us a curve and make Solomon David literally Vivec, in which case that would be pretty funny and a pretty good justification for his smug attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
I have no idea what's going to happen here, it's going to be kind of a let down if Allison gets away too easy after the seven have been hyped up so much.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

It seems like a good time for these guys to show up:
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-39-pursuers/

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'm going to guess those are the words.

Just my guess

Mottom: Glory (duh)
Solomon: Tower
Flame: Incubus
Diamond: Mammon
Blade: Jagganoth
Mind: Jadis
Beast: Gog-Agog

Also Throne is much larger then I thought:

quote:

Anonymous asked:
How physically large is Throne? How tall is the Red City?

A

Throne is incredibly large. The map on page 23 is a little off scale and a little more representational for convenience’s sake, I think it’s about the size of southern California when I picture it.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 24, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

i doubt any of them are ballsy/stupid enough to barge into Mottoms palace like somebody just ordered a large clusterfuck with extra cheese

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
My guesses are, for the remaining six syllables:

Beast: Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog was originally nothing more than a pile of non-sapient worms, as mentioned on the Tumblr. How she became a demiurge is unknown, but the point is that she is most likely envious of humanity as they are born with strong souls whereas she had to undergo some strange process to get one or used to be human but her soul entered worms for some reason so she's envious of humans because she'll never be one again. I like the latter one myself.
Blade: Jagganoth, as the Blade is associated with violence. I imagine he's supposed to be emblematic of the person who has learned the wrong lesson from Meti's Sword Manual, in that the best combatant is one who detests violence and uses force only for good and as a last resort.
Diamond: This is hard, as diamonds have not been mentioned at all in any of the comic or associated lore posts. Could be Mammon, who desires precious things such as diamonds, or Solomon, who believes himself to be perfect, but for now, I'll go with Mammon.
Flame: Incubus. Flame is associated with life (as all is made of flame) and reproduction (YS and UN blended their flames to create the Gods, and Koss and Aesma used the Flame Immortal to make everything else).
Mind: Going with the obvious, Jadis, who is literally nothing but a mind at this point as she's let the rest of herself wither away.
Tower: Solomon, for previously mentioned reasons.

A big flaming stink posted:

Becoming aware of the secret Tower without full understanding of I AM = I AM NOT results in zero-summing, literally being erased from this dream of reality. So I doubt Solomon has understanding of the secret syllable of royalty.

Unless abaddon wants to throw us a curve and make Solomon David literally Vivec, in which case that would be pretty funny and a pretty good justification for his smug attitude.

IIRC, you can become aware of the Tower and not zero-sum by simply swinging back to I AM, rejecting the possibility that you are nothing. It's only when you get caught up in I AM NOT that you go poof. Of course, you'll never get anywhere with that kind of thinking if you just linger at I AM. I imagine Solomon thought about being nothing and went, "Nope! I'm the coolest and best guy ever," and went along thinking he totally understood it when in reality he's just fooling himself.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

IIRC, you can become aware of the Tower and not zero-sum by simply swinging back to I AM, rejecting the possibility that you are nothing. It's only when you get caught up in I AM NOT that you go poof. Of course, you'll never get anywhere with that kind of thinking if you just linger at I AM. I imagine Solomon thought about being nothing and went, "Nope! I'm the coolest and best guy ever," and went along thinking he totally understood it when in reality he's just fooling himself.

Yeah Lorkhan physically went outside Aurbis to see the Wheel and the Tower and managed to come back pretty normal (for a trickster-creator deity). Granted, this caused him to make the mortal realm and create the secret Tower so there would be a path for others to proceed pass the threshold he didn't. It's also implied pretty strongly that being mortal is extremely important to achieving CHIM.

Then there's the whole anti-CHIM thing that Dagoth-Ur may have had going, but who knows what that guy's deal was besides being really really really pissed at ALMSIVI

Come to think of it, does even Zoss know the secret syllable of royalty? He sure as gently caress does not seem to have the love that goes along with it, even under the very broad definition of love that comes with the knowledge that your own identity and the entirety of creation are one and the same. Dude just seems kinda ticked all the time.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 24, 2016

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

A big flaming stink posted:

Come to think of it, does even Zoss know the secret syllable of royalty? He sure as gently caress does not seem to have the love that goes along with it, even under the very broad definition of love that comes with the knowledge that your own identity and the entirety of creation are one and the same. Dude just seems kinda ticked all the time.

That's just because you can't see his big ol' smile under that giant mustache.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cryophage why

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why must you destroy what i love

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Destroy the grand enemy called 'why.'

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Blade: Jagganoth, as the Blade is associated with violence. I imagine he's supposed to be emblematic of the person who has learned the wrong lesson from Meti's Sword Manual, in that the best combatant is one who detests violence and uses force only for good and as a last resort.

That is most definitely not the lesson of Meti's manual. The moral it preaches is that of unthinking violence, the ability to destroy without dwelling on the consequences or relishing in the result. The sanctioned action is to Cut. Cut your mind from your body as you cut your opponent's head from his shoulders. Cut the truth from the clinging idiocy of the world, cut God and cut further without feeling God's blood warm on your back. Cut with your blade, with your tongue, with the keen and keening edge of Want. Raise your shaking fists to Heaven and reach concordance in flame.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

That is most definitely not the lesson of Meti's manual. The moral it preaches is that of unthinking violence, the ability to destroy without dwelling on the consequences or relishing in the result. The sanctioned action is to Cut. Cut your mind from your body as you cut your opponent's head from his shoulders. Cut the truth from the clinging idiocy of the world, cut God and cut further without feeling God's blood warm on your back. Cut with your blade, with your tongue, with the keen and keening edge of Want. Raise your shaking fists to Heaven and reach concordance in flame.

i believe Metis more important point was that you should do all that only if, even after building your house and learning poetry and tending your garden, you still desire to Cut. because a sword is an ugly piece of metal for idiots.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

i believe Metis more important point was that you should do all that only if, even after building your house and learning poetry and tending your garden, you still desire to Cut. because a sword is an ugly piece of metal for idiots.

Well, yeah. Tear away the eyes of God and hollow out God's skull with your spitting hot breath if you must, but farming is preferable. Buy a hoe.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"if you can contemplate a flower and still feel like hacking someone in half afterwards, gently caress it, theres obviously no helping you so you might as well be really good at it."

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, it is one of the morals in Het and the Rakshasa that being a good swordsman entails both being completely focused on your attack as well as not being someone who kills for sport. Chances are Jagganoth only got the former part.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There is a difference between being skilled in fighting with a sword and being a Swordsman.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Consider: There is no such thing as a sword.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

i doubt any of them are ballsy/stupid enough to barge into Mottoms palace like somebody just ordered a large clusterfuck with extra cheese

You got to admit that entire group just jumping in the very next page and trying to get Allison and killing each other while ignoring Mottom would give us at least one more good "what the gently caress is this" face from Mottom.

Also I like how it's not enough that she's standing, the keys making her cape billow all dramatically without wind as well. That thing will make her the biggest hero whether she wants to be or not and she drat well is gonna look the part too.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 25, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Not even a crowd of rabid mercenaries from a no-name hell would be stupid enough to cause trouble in Mottom's presence.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
We are going to be rear end deep in flowers. It's going to look like Dutch tulip madness.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

wiegieman posted:

Not even a crowd of rabid mercenaries from a no-name hell would be stupid enough to cause trouble in Mottom's presence.

Maya might swoop in to pull Allison's rear end out of the fire. She has to join the team sooner or later.

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 26, 2016

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Dmitri-9 posted:

Maya might swoop in to pull Allison's rear end out of the fire. She has to join the team sooner or later.

I want to see her Murder a God And Topple Their Throne.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Mayas just there to bum smokes off people in exchange for little snippets of wisdom she totally didnt steal from fortune cookies. Reach Heaven Through Violence, your lucky numbers are 25, 11, 39, and 4.

e. Layla Brimstone meanwhile is like "man i wasnt even supposed to be working today."

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mayas just there to bum smokes off people in exchange for little snippets of wisdom she totally didnt steal from fortune cookies. Reach Heaven Through Violence, your lucky numbers are 25, 11, 39, and 4.

"Reach Heaven Through Violence...In Bed!"

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
I think Maya will be a great education for Allison, but the pursuers are going to take time to catch up. Allison is for the moment all alone, and much like a white belt, is far more dangerous in her ignorance than Mottom is in her terrible knowledge.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i think we're past the part of the comic where the protagonist is a hapless spectator while other characters do the important poo poo all around her

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I think this is a Kill Six Billion Demons character?

Alhazred posted:

The first known poet and author was a high priestess named Enheduanna. To make it better her poem is all about how awesome she was. Enheduanna is also one of the earliest women in history whose name is known.

Exaltation of Inanna posted:

66-73. I, En-ḫedu-ana the en priestess, entered my holy ĝipar in your service. I carried the ritual basket, and intoned the song of joy. But {funeral offerings were} {(1 ms. has instead:) my ritual meal was} brought, as if I had never lived there. I approached the light, but the light was scorching hot to me. I approached that shade, but I was covered with a storm. My honeyed mouth became scum. My ability to soothe moods vanished.

74-80. Suen, tell An about Lugal-Ane and my fate! May An undo it for me! As soon as you tell An about it, An will release me. The woman will take the destiny away from Lugal-Ane; foreign lands and flood lie at her feet. The woman too is exalted, and can make cities tremble. Step forward, so that she will cool her heart for me.

81-90. I, En-ḫedu-ana, will recite a prayer to you. To you, holy Inana, I shall give free vent to my tears like sweet beer! I shall say to her {"Your decision!"} {(some mss. have instead:) "Greetings!"} Do not be anxious about Ašimbabbar. In connection with the purification rites of holy An, Lugal-Ane has altered everything of his, and has stripped An of the E-ana. He has not stood in awe of the greatest deity. He has turned that temple, whose attractions were inexhaustible, whose beauty was endless, into a destroyed temple. While he entered before me as if he was a partner, really he approached out of envy.

91-108. My good divine wild cow, drive out the man, capture the man! In the place of divine encouragement, what is my standing now? May An extradite the land which is a malevolent rebel against your Nanna! May An smash that city! May Enlil curse it! May its plaintive child not be placated by his mother! Lady, with the laments begun, may your ship of lamentation be abandoned in hostile territory. Must I die because of my holy songs? My Nanna has {paid no heed to me} {(1 ms. has instead:) has not decided my case}. He has destroyed me utterly in renegade territory. Ašimbabbar has certainly not pronounced a verdict on me. What is it to me if he has pronounced it? What is it to me if he has not pronounced it? He stood there in triumph and drove me out of the temple. He made me fly like a swallow from the window; I have exhausted my life-strength. He made me walk through the thorn bushes of the mountains. He stripped me of the rightful {crown} {(1 ms. has instead:) garment} of the en priestess. He gave me a knife and dagger, saying to me "These are appropriate ornaments for you."

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 26, 2016

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Something about that quote you posted reminds me of when I was reading the Saga of Hrolf Krakki and there was this section where two guys "exchanged kingly words" and it was the big confrontation and it was all very dramatic, with one standing on the prow of the boat and the other on the edge of a cliff, and I looked up the footnote on "exchanged kingly words" and it turns out they just called each other gay.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

and I looked up the footnote on "exchanged kingly words" and it turns out they just called each other gay.
Now I'm just imagining a certain Oglaf scene concerning honor taking place in the K6BD universe.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

The Mentalizer posted:

"Reach Heaven Through Violence...In Bed!"
Murder The Gods And Topple Their Thrones...In Bed :heysexy:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Consider: There is no such thing as a sword... in bed.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/715723987976720385

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Looked familiar, was inspired:

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 1, 2016

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

reach heaven through sick burns

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New page: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-70/

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
turns out Allison bears the word rekt

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Looked familiar, was inspired:

One Punch Ma'am.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

turns out Allison bears the word rekt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
If this was the last page in the whole comic this would rate as one of the best and most elaborate April Fools jokes of all time.