Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And the king of weekend dropoffs for comic movies will probably always be Ang Lee's Hulk, at -69.7%

Fant4stic was -68.2%

X3 was -66.9%

Steel was -78% :v:

Hellboy II was -70.7% :smith:

Edit: what do you want to bet that if BvS gets a massive 2nd weekend dropoff every article will point out that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 had a -72% dropoff and still went on to raise $1.3 billion worldwide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Steel was -78% :v:

Hellboy II was -70.7% :smith:

Oh my god. :negative:

Well, back to dogpiling on this turd:

Deadpool had a bigger weekday after first weekend.

And the top story on BoxOfficeMojo is "BvS is heading for a MASSIVE second week drop".

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I saw it for free yesterday and I didn't hate it. I thought it was okay, but it did have a lot of faults.
Most of the problem was trying to fit so many DC story lines into one movie trying to play catch-up with what Marvel has been doing.

This movie probably would have been better had they done it after Wonder Woman and a stand-alone Batman movie.

The Wonder Woman stuff up until the end of the movie probably could have been left out or at least handled better.
The scene where she watches a bunch of video clips just brought the movie to a grinding halt for a few minutes.

Had I not gotten a free ticket from Atom, then I probably would have just waited for it to come out on video and rent it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I didn't mind WW watching clips to introduce other Justice League members. Im sure it could have been done more better but oh well. But I don't understand why Superman would ever not move at Super-Speed. The beginning shows him take out that dude at like 8000 mph. You could easily go save your mom at that speed Superman.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It was pretty cool of Lex Luthor to design all the other heroes symbols.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How long does Civil War have to reshoot that scene and then they immediately go back to whipping each other's asses?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ChickenHeart posted:

Oh my god, you're not kidding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc1QHOvS_G0

Also holy crap do fans really not like this show replacing the older DC cartoons; at least half the comments on youtube clips are of folks being really butthurt about it. I think I might enjoy this show based purely on that principle.

There's an episode where Control Freak (I have no idea if he's a real character from the comics) reveals he's made the Titans into a TV show and threatens to reboot them. To make his threat credible, he says he's done it before and shows them the Teen Titans series from like 2006 or whatever. The Titans call him a monster for cancelling the original show.

I think the main point of the series is to just troll comic book nerds and I salute them in this endeavor.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So apparently Suicide Squad is going back and reshooting a tonne of scenes with added "character interaction and humour" because every single funny moment in the movie was in the trailer.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
How can there be any hype for suicide squad. It's a bunch of b-list villains doing dumb poo poo. Like are even half of them going to make it to the end?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blizzy_Cow posted:

How can there be any hype for suicide squad. It's a bunch of b-list villains doing dumb poo poo. Like are even half of them going to make it to the end?

i expect, just like Batman vs Superman, the already existing cartoon of suicide squad for children will be much better

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I want to see Bizarro v Batman.

Clark's grave is dug up by small-time crooks. When the confused Clark learns of the Batman's actions against criminals, he starts a frothing diatribe about how that son of a bitch brought the war on crime to them! Showing up in the middle of the day in Gotham, he challenges Batman by throwing around the dismembered corpses of Thomas and Martha Wayne all around Batman.

Batman has prepared for everything but Superman surprises him by throwing loaded guns at Batman at extremely high speed from a distance.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Is Suicide Squad in the same continuity as BvS? Is Juggalo Leato the Joker that killed Batfleck's Robin?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Otisburg posted:

Is Suicide Squad in the same continuity as BvS? Is Juggalo Leato the Joker that killed Batfleck's Robin?

yup

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

Yep. Batfleck is in the movie, so I'd assume so.

And LOL to the response to the dour Superman movie being hated is they're trying to go back and make the psychotic assassins movie funny and upbeat.

DC / WB is a loving clueless shitshow.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

So apparently Suicide Squad is going back and reshooting a tonne of scenes with added "character interaction and humour" because every single funny moment in the movie was in the trailer.

One of the actors hosed down this rumour by confirming the only reason they were filming right now was because this was the first open spot one of the other guys had and that Will Smith was off doing a different film and wasn't even reshooting any of his scenes. The cast hadn't been recalled to reshoot bunches of the film, this was just regularly scheduled pickups.

Of course that might have just been damage control so who loving knows what's actually going on.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I expect the next DC Comics Super Hero/Villain movie to be bad. I base this on their track record.

I expect it to be somewhat less review-proof, because Killer Croc is not quite the same box office draw as Super Man.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Gorilla Salad posted:

i feel real bad for anyone that has to hang out with the joker and endure jared leto's method acting

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

QuoProQuid posted:

i feel real bad for anyone that has to hang out with the joker and endure jared leto's method acting

i heard jared leto would fart into jars and then mail the jars to nuns

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

i heard jared leto would fart into jars and then mail the jars to nuns

What a zany guy. He's wacky and rAnDoMe and that makes him cool, to people who want to see his movie

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/suicide-squad-joker-jared-leto-new-photo-1201626491/

quote:

“There was definitely a period of … detachment,” Leto said, according to ComicBookMovie.com, about his method acting, which involved staying in character around his costars. “I took a pretty deep dive. But this was a unique opportunity and I couldn’t imagine doing it another way. It was fun, playing those psychological games. But at the same time, it was very painful, like giving birth out of my prick hole.”

Leto even pranked his castmates, including Jim Parrack, who plays his henchman, Jonny Frost.

“I was just thinking that the Joker would probably just say, ‘F— you,’ and hang up,” said Leto, who called Parrack with orders to spray paint roses and fill a backpack with nails.

He also sent Margot Robbie, who plays Harley Quinn, a dead rat and had bullets delivered to Will Smith (Deadshot). “Not a single word exchanged off-camera. He was all in on the Joker,” Smith said about Leto’s commitment to the role in a recent interview.

hilarious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

for real though: method actors are awful and lee strasberg better hope that i never get my hands on a time machine

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Ah yes, I remember all those times from the comics where the Joker would call up somebody just to say 'gently caress you.'

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Movie could have been not bad, but so what I say. Time moves forward, I am on a river. We are all dust?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

quote:

Cavill's Murderman

So is that peoples problem with MoS, that Superman kills people? It's not a great movie, but S-man is such a boring poo poo character. The closest thing to making him any sort of interesting was going with the whole "If you're a human atom bomb, you can't take a dump without a little collateral damage". Batman has plenty of angles to go with without making him a serial killer, and that's a stupid move for Snyder. But the only good story idea for Superman other than painting him as almost as dangerous as whatever problem he's fixing, would be just not making a Superman movie.

Well, not making a Superman movie would have been the better idea I mean.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Calling it now, the new joker is just Jim Carrey's The Mask persona but without the cartoon violence.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Calling it now, the new joker is just Jim Carrey's The Mask persona but without the cartoon violence.

But I might actually watch Suicide Squad if there's an extended sequence of the Joker singing Cuban Pete to cops in the middle of the street.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Frankenstyle posted:

So is that peoples problem with MoS, that Superman kills people? It's not a great movie, but S-man is such a boring poo poo character. The closest thing to making him any sort of interesting was going with the whole "If you're a human atom bomb, you can't take a dump without a little collateral damage". Batman has plenty of angles to go with without making him a serial killer, and that's a stupid move for Snyder. But the only good story idea for Superman other than painting him as almost as dangerous as whatever problem he's fixing, would be just not making a Superman movie.

Plenty of people have written interesting Superman stories. But Snyder and a lot of DC editorial don't like those stories and see their bread and butter in the grimdark. Batman breaking necks and Joker being a mass murderer is their wheelhouse right now.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

I can't figure out a good Superman story. This must mean I'm smart and it's impossible. No other way to read this situation.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Batman: "I came here to kick rear end and eat small flying insects, and I'm all full."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Imagine a Joker played by Charlie Day. One obsessed with the minutiae of circuses, psychology and street crime.

That would be a fun movie

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Imagine a Joker played by Charlie Day. One obsessed with the minutiae of circuses, psychology and street crimebird law.

That would be a fun movie

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Mozi posted:

Batman: "I came here to kick rear end and eat small flying insects, and I'm all full."

You're thinking of man-bat

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

This must mean I'm smart and it's impossible.

Well, history kinda supports me on those points.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think we will all grow up telling stories about that time joker took over batmans twitter. the game has been changed

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i want suicide squad to succeed because then wed be one step closer to seeing a thunderbolts movie

Woden
May 6, 2006

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i want suicide squad to succeed because then wed be one step closer to seeing a thunderbolts movie

WTF is a thunderbolts movie and why would that be a good thing?

Stealth edit: I really have no idea so would like to know more.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i want suicide squad to succeed because then wed be one step closer to seeing a thundercats movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Woden posted:

WTF is a thunderbolts movie and why would that be a good thing?

Stealth edit: I really have no idea so would like to know more.

theyre a super hero team, but villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006

Zzulu posted:

theyre a super hero team, but villains

So like guardians of the galaxy but less cool? Or more cool?

Guessing less cool because GotG was pretty cool.

• Locked thread