Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Glory of Arioch posted:

that and being fleet warped and having to slum it at non-travel-fit armor garbage warp speed :negative:

why don't your armor supes fit for travel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

dragonstalking posted:

Because travel modules go in the low slot which is where armour ships have their tank.

So the shield ships can fit max tank and travel but armour ships have to choose. This means that the armour ships choose tank in case we get attacked.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Clearly, the SOTG is one day early

https://twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/715826292554342400

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

Because travel modules go in the low slot which is where armour ships have their tank.

So the shield ships can fit max tank and travel but armour ships have to choose. This means that the armour ships choose tank in case we get attacked.

With phoebe-range you can see a hostile super fleet from a gorillian miles away, and that's not even getting into refitting; what is this "in case we get attacked" crap?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, the amount of resubbing dudes. :stare:

No kidding, I'm seeing names in PL that have been 2-3+ years inactive.

The Horn of Zulu has been sounded.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

With phoebe-range you can see a hostile super fleet from a gorillian miles away, and that's not even getting into refitting; what is this "in case we get attacked" crap?

And despite that we still manage to lose two or three supers per major move op. And that was with the watchlist.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

No kidding, I'm seeing names in PL that have been 2-3+ years inactive.

The Horn of Zulu has been sounded.

I hope they have there psychologists with them.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

darth cookie posted:

She has a character of her own, but doesn't really use it. She knows what I'm talking about more or less though. I asked her to find out the guy's name, but apparently she already tried and he got spooked because he thought she was going to hunt him down and kill him (he was right).

Please, tell me how you got your wife even remotely in EVE, whether to play or discuss it. Mine wants nothing to do with this game and it makes me sad. :smith:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

It is known.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I was never superstitious but it has got to be a bad omen when you deliver courier contracts and a contracting error leaves some behind to literally give you the finger.

Edit: And before you PL guys start fist bumping and head for the black ops-mobile. The screenshot is delayed by over a day and everything related has long since been delivered.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 1, 2016

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

WHO HAS MY ACCOUNT, I'm unemployed and i want arghy steelwill to fly again but only if the DL doesn't take to long.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

Please, tell me how you got your wife even remotely in EVE, whether to play or discuss it. Mine wants nothing to do with this game and it makes me sad. :smith:

Luck? :shrug:

I dunno I guess I just talked about the game and how losses have more tangible consequences than in other games and she got curious. I guess the oddity of that appealed to her.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

darth cookie posted:

Luck? :shrug:

I dunno I guess I just talked about the game and how losses have more tangible consequences than in other games and she got curious. I guess the oddity of that appealed to her.

She got so sick of F1, she thought EVE couldn't be any worse

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's a lot of things worse than eve

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Shux posted:

She got so sick of F1, she thought EVE couldn't be any worse

This is also probably true. We spent our first anniversary in Melbourne for the F1 Grand Prix.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

darth cookie posted:

This is also probably true. We spent our first anniversary in Melbourne for the F1 Grand Prix.

Talking her into that is pretty excellent. I had to go somewhere romantic that didn't have steak on the menu.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

...Why don't you just refit to combat if combat is happening?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

killstealing posted:

Logging in is one of them.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

killstealing posted:

This guy's posting, for example.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
why did I click that

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kirs posted:

This guy's posting, for example.

One day I'll stop falling for that. But not today. :smith:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

killstealing posted:

Like dave mathews band.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

kiresays posted:

...Why don't you just refit to combat if combat is happening?

Because you bumped on the gate while the other supers jumped through. They are now in warp to in the next system but us as soon as they land, they will turn around and come save you.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Doesn't even open in the app, weak

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
So read about the situation on kotaku of all places, can you respec pilots yet? Waiting on support to find which of my many accounts holds my only remaining char with some SP.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

Because you bumped on the gate while the other supers jumped through. They are now in warp to in the next system but us as soon as they land, they will turn around and come save you.

As long as everyone is travel fit there is zero chance of anyone dying before you can turn around and save them. Honestly if you didn't move so slow because everyone is tank fit, maybe you'd have less supers getting bumped or tackled. :shrug:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

As long as everyone is travel fit there is zero chance of anyone dying before you can turn around and save them. Honestly if you didn't move so slow because everyone is tank fit, maybe you'd have less supers getting bumped or tackled. :shrug:

Who knows. I'm not going to speculate on what ifs. Talk to Tib or Mostly if you have input. If the fleet is already going at tank fit pace then I am keeping the tank on as well.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

Talk to Tib or Mostly if you have input. If the fleet is already going at tank fit pace then I am keeping the tank on as well.

Vouch my alt into GEWNS/capswarm and for 2bil per sentence I'll share all the PL secrets Grath/SPHERE don't WANT you to know.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mittani has been waiting for just the right time to burn a director level turncoat and pull The Big Announcement 2.0 just you wait.

Mittani goes fuckgoons and disbands the CFC as part of the best April Fool's joke ever

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

Mittani goes fuckgoons and disbands the CFC as part of the best April Fool's joke ever

And then a few years down the line when the fittings team, finance team and all the FCs/marshals have gone to PL. When Querns is the GSF CEO and we are renting space from Provi.

We will look back and go "why did we have to go to low sec? Nothing good ever comes from low sec"

Edit:

Actually if this is our downfall then the reason would be that we broke our cardinal rule that fighting us should never be fun. We made fighting us incredibly fun. To the point where the rest of Eve has come for a slice.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dragonstalking posted:

the tyranny of slaves makes them garbage even in travel fit

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

there's travel fit, and then there's TRAVEL FIT

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Zephyrine posted:

And then a few years down the line when the fittings team, finance team and all the FCs/marshals have gone to PL. When Querns is the GSF CEO and we are renting space from Provi.

We will look back and go "why did we have to go to low sec? Nothing good ever comes from low sec"

Edit:

Actually if this is our downfall then the reason would be that we broke our cardinal rule that fighting us should never be fun. We made fighting us incredibly fun. To the point where the rest of Eve has come for a slice.

The reason would be GF is 10 pubbies per actual goon, and turned into BoB 2.0: a renter empire bloated by hubris with a leadership with its head so far its own rear end it's come out the other side, and totally disconnected from line members.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Holy poo poo! Does it take reduced xl torp damage?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

:gizz:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Potato Salad posted:

Holy poo poo! Does it take reduced xl torp damage?

no that is an MWD which i am pretty sure makes it take extra torp damage in addition to murdering your famil

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

however with the same 2 nano, no snake fit i was able to clock about 350 m/s heated with a 10GN AB

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

however with the same 2 nano, no snake fit i was able to clock about 350 m/s heated with a 10GN AB

Are they annotated as GN in the client? That is so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

frozenpussy posted:

Are they annotated as GN in the client? That is so cool.

no unfortunately, it was 10000MN AB :negative:

or it was when i was last on sisi which was a while ago

• Locked thread