Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

because there is only one tori, and he lives in pittsburgh

God bless Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh has three rivers and none of them smell that bad.

also, they've probably never caught fire

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Citizen Tayne posted:

God bless Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh has a team in the National Football League, it is called the Steelers.

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

Pittsburgh has a team in the National Football League, it is called the Steelers.

It's baseball season right now. Let's talk about the Pirates.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's baseball season right now. Let's talk about the Pirates.

The Pirates play baseball, in Pittsburgh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Pittsburgh Pirates play baseball in PNC Park, a baseball stadium in Pittsburgh. The park is named after PNC, a bank headquarted in Pittsburgh. The "P" in "PNC" stands for Pittsburgh.

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

The Pittsburgh Pirates play baseball in PNC Park, a baseball stadium in Pittsburgh. The park is named after PNC, a bank headquarted in Pittsburgh. The "P" in "PNC" stands for Pittsburgh.

PNC stands for Pittsburgh National Company.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Citizen Tayne posted:

PNC stands for Pittsburgh National Company.

Despite having never been to Pittsburgh, I have a bank account with the Pittsburgh National Company.

That's how influential Pittsburgh is.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Notorious QIG posted:

Despite having never been to Pittsburgh, I have a bank account with the Pittsburgh National Company.

If you are ever in New York City, you can withdraw money free of charge from any McDonald's ATM with your PNC debit card. A lot of people don't realize this for some reason and end up eating the ATM fee or finding one of the like three PNC ATMs in the city.

A good tip for traveling Pittsburghers.

Apr 7, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

If you are ever in New York City, you can withdraw money free of charge from any McDonald's ATM with your PNC debit card. A lot of people don't realize this for some reason and end up eating the ATM fee or finding one of the like three PNC ATMs in the city.

A good tip for traveling Pittsburghers.

Thanks, McDonald's. I'm lovin' it. The Golden Arches treat Pittsburghers right.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
pittsburgh is the place with the cheesesteaks, right

Apr 7, 2003

duckfarts posted:

pittsburgh is the place with the cheesesteaks, right

Yes, from Primanti's.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hines Ward used to play football at Heinz Field, which I think is funny.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yes, from Primanti's.

i love it when the pepperonis form little cups of hot grease :yum:

(i'm sure that means it's either high- or low-quality pepperoni, but no idea which)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ScrubLeague posted:

Hines Ward used to play football at Heinz Field, which I think is funny.

fans used to bring in signs that read HINES FIELD. very creative people at the steeler games

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
1) Why is there a fork in that picture of a pizza were you eating that loving pizza with a fork
2) You wouldn't get a low-quality 'za like that in The 'Burgh.

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

fans used to bring in signs that read HINES FIELD. very creative people at the steeler games

It's easy to be creative when your'e drunk at 10:00 AM. Red parking lot party!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
You know some people call it the Terrible Towel but I think it's pretty Terrific.

Apr 7, 2003

The Really Good Towel.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

(i'm sure that means it's either high- or low-quality pepperoni, but no idea which)

that's really hosed up if people eat za with forks in pittsburgh

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Captain Foo posted:

that's really hosed up if people eat za with forks in pittsburgh

it's okay if you use it for bottom support if the pizzas floppy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Notorious QIG posted:

pnc was formed from a merger of pittsburgh national company bank and provident national company bank, formerly of philadelphia

too many Ps

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
are there any other food specialties for pitssburgh? I wanna know seeing as a lot of my trips end up focusing on food

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

graph posted:

people in pittsburgh are enamored by a yellow towel

it shouldn't be surprising

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

duckfarts posted:

it's okay if you use it for bottom support if the pizzas floppy

if it's floppy fold it, wow pittsburghers have no idea how to eat pizza

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haveblue posted:

if it's floppy fold it, wow pittsburghers have no idea how to eat pizza

yeah wtf i am rapidly losing respect for pittsburgh here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duckfarts posted:

are there any other food specialties for pitssburgh?

a big fat guy smoking cigarettes making your pizza. thick and greasy, pittsburgh style

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

prefect posted:

pretty sure this is a primanti's pizza... poor prefect

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GameCube posted:

pretty sure this is a primanti's pizza... poor prefect

yeah i messed up. but prefect was gonna eat it anyway for the cleveland river post

rip. i hope they come back to the pittsburgh thread in 5h 50m

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

pnc was formed from a merger of pittsburgh national company bank and provident national company bank, formerly of philadelphia

too many Ps

my father banked with riggs bank in dc since the 80s and when pnc bought riggs he said everything got worse

he hates pnc

Apr 7, 2003

I like Primanti's pizza. It's unpretentious and tasty.

You can always pick out the suburbanites because they talk about getting pizza and poo poo at the P. The real Primanti's (strip and downtown) don't serve 'za.

Apr 7, 2003

mishaq posted:

my father banked with riggs bank in dc since the 80s and when pnc bought riggs he said everything got worse

he hates pnc

Mellon Bank was the superior Pittsburgh banking choice but they're no longer a Pittsburgh company anymore.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I like Primanti's pizza. It's unpretentious and tasty.

You can always pick out the suburbanites because they talk about getting pizza and poo poo at the P. The real Primanti's (strip and downtown) don't serve 'za.

i had no idea primantis served pizza until those posts. imo that's incredibly haraam.

let's talk about primanti's for a second. primanti's was owned by i think three or four people. one of them wanted to franchise the loving poo poo out of it. the others, smartly, wanted to protect the primanti's brand and disagreed. enraged, the one owner quit, or was bought out, and moved to cleveland to open the panini's chain, a bad ripoff.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

they opened a primantis in maryland recently

in a loving mall lol

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

i had no idea primantis served pizza until those posts. imo that's incredibly haraam.

let's talk about primanti's for a second. primanti's was owned by i think three or four people. one of them wanted to franchise the loving poo poo out of it. the others, smartly, wanted to protect the primanti's brand and disagreed. enraged, the one owner quit, or was bought out, and moved to cleveland to open the panini's chain, a bad ripoff.

quote:

The original shop is located in Pittsburgh's Strip District, a busy area along the Allegheny River filled with warehouses and produce yards. According to the restaurant, Joe Primanti, born in suburban Wilmerding, Pennsylvania, invented the sandwich during the Great Depression. His brothers, Dick and Stanley, later joined him. The Primantis opened their diner at Smallman Street and 18th Street in the Strip District and served the late-night and early-morning workers who were unloading fish, fruits, and vegetables.[3]

It has also been a tradition for the late night crowd to go to Primanti's in the Strip District after the bars have closed, due to their hours of operation (at one time they were one of the few establishments open after 2 A.M.).

With the passing of Stanley Primanti in the early 70's and John in 1974, Dick decided to sell the business to Jim Patrinos in 1975. Today there are 16 Pittsburgh locations, including at the city's major sports venues PNC Park, Heinz Field, and the Consol Energy Center, as well as several other locations throughout the eastern United States.

Oddly enough, the main downtown/Strip locations don't serve pizza but do serve wings. The wings aren't bad, either.

Apr 7, 2003

I don't think I agree with this Primanti Brothers move.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I have to say that Wilmerding is a better name than Pittsburgh

Apr 7, 2003

Wilmerding is near Vandergrift.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
did you know? in pittsburgh, 'versailles' is pronounced 'ver-sails.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
graph - while this pittsburgh thread is good, i believe i need to start another video games containment posting station

although all last of us chat will stay in this thread

• Locked thread