Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Conspiratiorist posted:

The reason would be GF is 10 pubbies per actual goon, and turned into BoB 2.0: a renter empire bloated by hubris with a leadership with its head so far its own rear end it's come out the other side, and totally disconnected from line members.

We take care of our allies and we take care of our members. No regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oovee posted:

So read about the situation on kotaku of all places, can you respec pilots yet? Waiting on support to find which of my many accounts holds my only remaining char with some SP.

Sort of. You can buy things called skill extractors which take up to 500k skillpoints out, and create a skill injector, you can then use that on your character and get up to 500k skillpoints to put into whatever skills you want.

There are diminishing returns, for example a new character can inject the full 500k skillpoints from the injector but a 50mil SP character using the same injector only gets 300k skillpoints out of the 500k to use.

Dev Blog on it - https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/skill-trading-in-new-eden/

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Robo Reagan posted:

Mittani goes fuckgoons and disbands the CFC as part of the best April Fool's joke ever
The real April's Fool joke will be if he doesn't do this.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Missing out on fleets aasrgh. On the upside I got into a hisec Corp on Ifyouinviteme2corp IwillAWOXyou again...

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

And my Ares just ran into a smartbomb camp

Full structure. Terrible, terrible smartbombers.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Because you bumped on the gate while the other supers jumped through. They are now in warp to in the next system but us as soon as they land, they will turn around and come save you.

I think you guys are doing something wrong.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

kiresays posted:

We are pretty terrible at everything spaceship related. Especially capitals. Double so at catching them.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

And then a few years down the line when the fittings team, finance team and all the FCs/marshals have gone to PL. When Querns is the GSF CEO and we are renting space from Provi.

We will look back and go "why did we have to go to low sec? Nothing good ever comes from low sec"

Edit:

Actually if this is our downfall then the reason would be that we broke our cardinal rule that fighting us should never be fun. We made fighting us incredibly fun. To the point where the rest of Eve has come for a slice.

well if you want to blueball people all day you need to have some charismatic people on your side to keep things fun or you just burn out your own dudes. Unfortunately gsfs leadership is as charismatic as angela merkel's left foot so lmao

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

no unfortunately, it was 10000MN AB :negative:

or it was when i was last on sisi which was a while ago

:slick:

it's April 1 aka ironic emote day

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

kiresays posted:

I know quite certainly that I am.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Should I switch to a new launcher if I'm not multibox rating?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm not really seeing how you win a defensive war with fozziesov - I mean even with high ADMs, attackers need to commit next to nothing in terms of ship power or time to reinforce any system they want

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Kirs posted:

This guy's posting, for example.

What have ever done to you?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Altran posted:

Oh here you start again.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

So I'm not really seeing how you win a defensive war with fozziesov - I mean even with high ADMs, attackers need to commit next to nothing in terms of ship power or time to reinforce any system they want

You need a couple of smaller gangs to discourage node hacking basically.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Altran posted:

Ahahahahaha

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Arghy posted:

WHO HAS MY ACCOUNT, I'm unemployed and i want arghy steelwill to fly again but only if the DL doesn't take to long.

Holy balls, arghy returns.

This truly is the end of days.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

You have to login and play EVE.

Most alliances have a culture where everyone bullshits in their jabber/IRC channel and waits for a few content creators to do alliance wide pings. This model is was very conducive to tower-sov and dominion-sov as sov fights were, for the most part, set-piece fights over one target that is on a timer. Aegis-sov does not conform to this. The best way to prevent your stuff getting reinforced is simply to be around and active in space, and the best way to win magic wand battles is to have multiple groups in coordination with each other across a constellation.

I have to say It's pretty poo poo that you can use small un-catchable ships to reinforce stuff. I'd love to see a change where only battlecruisers and bigger can fit entosis mods, because when you get an alert that something is being reinforced it is very much catchable. If you're going to reinforce something there should be a situation where you expect to get caught. The frigate and nano-cruiser meta right now means that it's so easy to slip past people to get to the target and so easy to run away that there is very little risk involved, it shouldn't be like that.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Zephyrine posted:

We take care of our allies and we take care of our members. No regrets.

'Take care'

I left after seeing goons punished to protect some thin-skinned pubbie's fragile ego. From what I'm hearing, things just got worse and worse.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Arghy posted:

WHO HAS MY ACCOUNT, I'm unemployed and i want arghy steelwill to fly again but only if the DL doesn't take to long.

Holy gently caress is this real?

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

kiresays posted:

You have to login and play EVE.

Most alliances have a culture where everyone bullshits in their jabber/IRC channel and waits for a few content creators to do alliance wide pings. This model is was very conducive to tower-sov and dominion-sov as sov fights were, for the most part, set-piece fights over one target that is on a timer. Aegis-sov does not conform to this. The best way to prevent your stuff getting reinforced is simply to be around and active in space, and the best way to win magic wand battles is to have multiple groups in coordination with each other across a constellation.

I have to say It's pretty poo poo that you can use small un-catchable ships to reinforce stuff. I'd love to see a change where only battlecruisers and bigger can fit entosis mods, because when you get an alert that something is being reinforced it is very much catchable. If you're going to reinforce something there should be a situation where you expect to get caught. The frigate and nano-cruiser meta right now means that it's so easy to slip past people to get to the target and so easy to run away that there is very little risk involved, it shouldn't be like that.

nano-cruisers are only low risk if the people you are fighting are only interested in ratting. if you piss off the wrong russians they will put 50k of bubbles on the gate and camp it with 20 dudes despite you safe logging. suddenly your 1b orthrus becomes a lot less cool.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dadbuck posted:

All our good FCs left, and Mittani has made too many enemies.

I'm predicting we are going to go to Faction Warfare soon, or Lowsec.

You need to be less obvious in your wormtonguing. Endie could pull off blunt sedition with our foes because he's really funny, but this just comes across as trying too hard. Keep at it though!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are we Chaos or the Space Marines? I'm very confused.

Which one is more full of hate?

Zephyrine posted:

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ :words:

This belongs on the wiki.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Conspiratiorist posted:

'Take care'

I left after seeing goons punished to protect some thin-skinned pubbie's fragile ego. From what I'm hearing, things just got worse and worse.

Details? I mean the only reason I ask is usually when I hear about stuff like this I find out the person being punished is an unlikable shitlord like ordo garr anyways.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Rhymenoserous posted:

Details? I mean the only reason I ask is usually when I hear about stuff like this I find out the person being punished is an unlikable shitlord like ordo garr anyways.

A pretty likeable newbee got the plunger treatment for making fun of an annoying girl's annoying voice. It wasn't even meanspirited since he had just returned trip (iirc he was teaching people in third world countries how to raise bees) and had never even met her, but she just broke down in tears from being mocked instead of being put on a pedestal for having a vagina. Said girl then got whiteknighted by blawrf, who at the time was a nobody but had already got some notoriety for doxxing a kid (it was at this point that he started the diligent brownosing that looks like eventually got him to skymarshall).

Digi got involved, plungers and fines (that he really struggled to pay for since he was a newbee), and there were also accusations towards unrelated people by other goonfucking shitlords.

Actually, correction, I think I stopped logging in entirely when I saw blawrf became a director.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Kirs posted:

This guy's posting, for example.

Yeah. He's bad at posting and bad at eve. Almost makes me feel sorry for him.....

Wait....poo poo....

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Conspiratiorist posted:

A pretty likeable newbee got the plunger treatment for making fun of an annoying girl's annoying voice. It wasn't even meanspirited since he had just returned trip (iirc he was teaching people in third world countries how to raise bees) and had never even met her, but she just broke down in tears from being mocked instead of being put on a pedestal for having a vagina. Said girl then got whiteknighted by blawrf, who at the time was a nobody but had already got some notoriety for doxxing a kid (it was at this point that he started the diligent brownosing that looks like eventually got him to skymarshall).

Digi got involved, plungers and fines (that he really struggled to pay for since he was a newbee), and there were also accusations towards unrelated people by other goonfucking shitlords.

Actually, correction, I think I stopped logging in entirely when I saw blawrf became a director.

Blawrf is now the enemy. You can come back and shoot him!

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Hubbl3 posted:

Blawrf is now the enemy. You can come back and shoot him!

I don't give a gently caress. By all indications, the reason he left is because despite his years of brownosing, in the end he wasn't allowed into the coke snorting off vegas hookers inner circle. He wanted exclusive rights to takes mittens cock up his hairy welsh rear end.

My real grievance is with the culture that let this happen. And that poo poo came down from the top - a cultural revolution to purge actual goons, because all goonfleet is about is having obedient autistic drones.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Conspiratiorist posted:

If this is the incident I think it is (Theta squad?), then the incident had nothing to do with the girl's voice and more to do with the 'likeable newbie' facebook-stalking her.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Conspiratiorist posted:

instead of being put on a pedestal for having a vagina.

whiteknighted

Red pill detected

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
Welp, looks like Rhymenoserous was right

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Conspiratiorist posted:

but she just broke down in tears from being mocked instead of being put on a pedestal for having a vagina.

Conspiratiorist posted:

And that poo poo came down from the top - a cultural revolution to purge actual goons, because all goonfleet is about is having obedient autistic drones.

Tell me more about True Goons being horrible misogynists! You fit right in with the rest of the reddit hordes, please stay there (and stop posting).

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Helicon One posted:

If this is the incident I think it is (Theta squad?), then the incident had nothing to do with the girl's voice and more to do with the 'likeable newbie' facebook-stalking her.

Yeah she was a trans girl who was being stalked and having her pictures shared/her voice imitated and taken the piss out of on comms

But let that dude believe what he wants idc v0v

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Rowwr
I made a fair amount of mistakes during my goonswarm tenure but I actually thought that wasn't one of them

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Conspiratiorist posted:

I don't give a gently caress. By all indications, the reason he left is because despite his years of brownosing, in the end he wasn't allowed into the coke snorting off vegas hookers inner circle. He wanted exclusive rights to takes mittens cock up his hairy welsh rear end.

My real grievance is with the culture that let this happen. And that poo poo came down from the top - a cultural revolution to purge actual goons, because all goonfleet is about is having obedient autistic drones.

Just lol at this post/name combo. :eyepop:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Blawrf posted:

I made a fair amount of mistakes during my goonswarm tenure but I actually thought that wasn't one of them

I think everyone who's not loving retarded would agree with you in this case.

One of my favourite things about waffe has been the aggressive discouragement of this kind of poo poo.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
i think we can all agree that the real question here is just how hairy is blawrfs welsh rear end???

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Helicon One posted:

If you want more specifics:

She posted a facebook picture of herself which some shitlord used to link back to her facebook. He was the unlikeable shitlord that deserved punishment (which admittedly he got).

However, a different newbee also got punished, and this was just for making fun of her voice. He had nothing to do with the above besides it happening around the same time. And, there were also accusations towards a third person that was even less involved - as in not even online when everything had been going on. Really. Theta squad was poo poo.

It could've perhaps been find if you considered it just an unfortunate application of the law as a crude cudgel rather than precision, but Digi was actually snooping around, and his determination was that the girl had to be protected because she [was autistic and] helped transport goods to a staging system. So despite being a think skinned pubbie, she was more valuable than a genuinely likeable guy plus she had someone who mittens knew the name of vouching for her.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Rowwr

Magres posted:

i think we can all agree that the real question here is just how hairy is blawrfs welsh rear end???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm back baby :getin:

Now what the gently caress has changed in the last two years, ship wise? I heard there were new T3s, so I'm sure there are other fun and exciting things like Jita no longer being a trade hub or something.

What's good and cheap to rat in so I can hopefully plex and not let my wife know I'm playing another mmo uh not give CCP real money after my initial resub fee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Blawrf posted:

Yeah she was a trans girl who was being stalked and having her pictures shared/her voice imitated and taken the piss out of on comms

But let that dude believe what he wants idc v0v

She was trans, what? If she was, nobody knew, nobody cared. She got made fun of for a total of about two minutes? A minute maybe? Because her voice was annoying and she had the habit of coming in to dominate comms talking about how her day was.

"Why are you making fun of me? I don't know you?" She breaks down crying and leaves the channel.

• Locked thread